[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck Asus to death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3917.jpg (8KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3917.jpg
8KB, 230x219px
>get Asus laptop
>install gentoo on it
>works great for months
>suddently, no more Wifi
>the PCI bus of the Wifi card isn't detected anymore
>doesn't do it every time, although more and more frequently
>talk to a technician about it
>"hurr duur its poopy loonix wendos werks better"
>actually give him the benefit of the doubt and try other OSs to see whether it's Linux or not
>try BSD
>same fucking thing
>try Haiku on its horrendous terminal
>nope.avi
>send it for repairing
>explain clearly that it is a hardware problem and that I have tested on several different OSs
>it comes back within a week
>check the report
>"Solution: OS resetting"
>they fucking wiped my HDD and reinstalled Winpoo 10
>Wifi works again for a few days
>then, it is out again
>lost my data for nothing
I am ready to take the tech redpill. How do I look for competent people who can repair things and won't just assume I'm a 13 year old gamer spending my time shitposting on Facebook? Warranties were a fucking mistake.
>>
>>60313219
Do it yourself buddy.
>>
>ruin laptop's wifi with excessive generated from compiling Gentoo for a day and a half
>blame Asus

Lol, I a distro that uses binaries like any modern disto should on my Asus Zenbook that I bought last summer and it's always ice cold and everything works perfectly.
>>
>complain to support that wifi doesn't work on unsupported system
>support suggests installing Windows to ensure that it really isn't a hardware problem
>install everything but Windows, wifi doesn't work
>"What the fuck I did literally EVERYTHING right!!"
>>
>>60313219
Do it yourself. Just get a new wifi card you dingus.
>>
>>60314667
I have no soldering iron or even a screwdriver in my poorfag flat.
>>
>>60313219
>install gentoo on it

You most likely toasted the hardware using that piece of shit excuse of an OS.
>>
>>60313219
>Sending in with HDD.
>Not having a backup.

ffs
>>
>>60313219
I have two Asus laptops and other Asus components. I never had any issues with their products. All running Windows 7
>>
>>60313219
what model?
>>
Did they even ask your permission to wipe your HDD?

Id sue if I were you, what the fuck
>>
>Asus
I don't at all feel bad for you.
>>
>>60315831
probably on a standard form you sign when they take the laptop in for repairs
>>
>>60315511
Good for you, big boi.

>>60315538
R540LJ

>>60315831
No.

>>60315893
I read the agreement. It said nothing about them wiping the hard drive.
>>
>>60316290
Are you sure? I've had two laptop warranty cases and in both cases they warned me a million times that i should do backups and that they don't guarantee for my data.
>>
>>60315331
u don't need soldering iron to change the wifi card
>>
>Asus laptop
>Running Ubuntu mate
>Can have Bluetooth or wifi
>Not both
>3/4ths of the reason I bought the fucking thing was to be able to use my Bluetooth headphones to listen to my music collection
>>
>>60316290
>R540LJ
well that explains it, for some reason ASUS decided to move away from their Top tier manufacturing and design to some Acer level shit.
>Good ASUS Netbooks
>never forget.
>>
>>60313219
>was stupid enough to actually send it in to moron "technicians" who just reformat shit without permission when they can't figure anything out

You deserved it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.