[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Normies and the workplace

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: normie-in-the-workplace.jpg (17KB, 361x470px) Image search: [Google]
normie-in-the-workplace.jpg
17KB, 361x470px
How do you deal with normies in the workplace?

The "developers" I work with insist on the following:

* Implementing their own ORM.
* Squash branches before merging (git).
* Including editor specific configuration in the repository (PhpStorm shit).
* Never write tests. Every once in a blue moon they write some test that asserts HTTP.ResponseCode === 200 and call it a day.
* Etc

Not to mention the retarded and RFC specifications from the product owner. E.g. "make this page beautiful".

What grinds your gears in the workplace and what substances do you use to get by?
>>
>>60306533
Adding another thing to the list:

Meming the commit messages, e.g.: "no null pointer exception for you xD" or "fix bugs".

God that shit drives me insane.
>>
I don't have to deal with them considering I'm the team lead. I only have to deal with managers who had brief technical experience +10 years ago and now think they know all about mobile by explaining how an ARM chip works from the inside.

Grinds my gears like crazy.
>>
>>60306680
what's your wage anon? mobile team lead sounds like money to my ears
>>
>>60306700
It's not huge considering I'm still quite young (27) and Belgium taxes the shit out of you. But for the most important part:

- 3800 EUR brutto (2500 netto)
- Company car (Mercedes CLA200d) + fuel card
- Paid phone + plan

Still quite a bit more than Belgian average so I'm doing ok. Then again, the Belgian average doesn't spend their time learning new things, programming and shitposting on /g/ & /λ/ .
>>
>>60306533
I'm a developer.

I have to deal with server admins who don't configure logging correctly (or at all). Servers were crashing because they decided to log every access attempt for infinity. This resulted in servers crashing because they were out of disk space due to having 100's of GBs of log files.

I deal with it by researching relevant documentation to fix this issue and pass it along.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.