[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck am I looking at here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: C4d26FsUEAAnYKV.jpg (646KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
C4d26FsUEAAnYKV.jpg
646KB, 2048x1536px
as someone who is new to learning linux... what is this? it's an image from geohot's self-driving car project - but what is on the monitor?

inb4 moron, retard, etc
>>
>>60304880
They appear to be some sort of conjunct letters, separated by invisible characters to form words and text.
>>
cacher.py is some python script

It looks like the guy was trying to get his script to work seeing as how he kept running it over and over with different results, he was likely changing stuff in the script and then running it to see it was working correctly.
>>
>>60304974
yes but what is the interface or whatever? the top left it says chrome and twitter
>>
>>60304985
it's a tiling window manager, riced
>>
>>60304880
Probably xmonad: http://xmonad.org/
>>
File: imaghu7ues.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
imaghu7ues.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>60304880
It's a terminal. Learn bash shell
>>
>>60304880
The screen on the right is someone training a neural network with the tensorflow (or even looks a bit like keras output) library. An epoch is when you have looked at all the training data. The optimisation algorithms only take a sample of the full data set to improve the neural network. When they have sampled the entire data set it is called an epoch. You need to repeat this process many times.
>>
>>60304880
>>60304985

Then the 2 frames on the right are showing the progress of something that he's computing with the GPU, not sure what that is.
>>
>>60305023
that's pretty neat
>>
>>60304880
He's running a bunch of machine learning scripts written with python from the shell. Nothing he is doing is special to Linux. It is however a lot less work to install all of what he's using since only tensor flow isn't available in most source code repositories.
>>
Anyone know what WM that is?

Possibly screen or tmux with rice running in the terminals too.
>>
>>60304880
Academics like to rice too :^)
>>
>>60305318
For the bar I assume is dwm
>>
>>60305592
it's bullshit free workspace
>>60304880
python scripts on the left
some GPU computing stats on the right

would need domain specific knowledge for details
>>
>>60304880
It looks like he's using tensorflow to train a neural network.
>>
>>60304880
>batman@dell
>>
>>60305795
He's training something with TF on a GPU
>>
he's playing games
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.