[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 4chan the closest thing we'll ever get to the Wired?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

It seems like most of the internet started moving away from it 10-15 years ago.

Pretty much everywhere on the surface web is sanitized and deanonymized these days. You can't sign up with a mainstream email provider without giving them your phone number and address. Social networks have "real name" policies. Everything is full of ad scripts tracking you.
>>
>>60304547
I still remember when my school and adults told me to never use my real name on the internet. I miss those days
>>
File: 1492659715414.png (4KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
1492659715414.png
4KB, 300x232px
>>60304590
>I still remember when my school and adults told me to never use my real name on the internet. I miss those days
Shit, I never thought about how things have changed like that.
>>
>>60304623
just think about, youtube has a message before about not giving anyone your name or any personal data.
Now it ask for your full name to be shown to everyone in the site.
>>
>>60304547
Nah, we could get closer. Hypertext becoming standard is still possible and maybe VR shit will pave the way since its the only way facebook could make Oculus webbrowsing usable at all.
>>
File: 1494287666382.jpg (218KB, 1436x674px) Image search: [Google]
1494287666382.jpg
218KB, 1436x674px
>>60304623
>>60304640
>>
le epic 90's anime to reflect my epic 90's internet

i love lain because she's sad and uses a computer like me
>>
>>60306038
>>
>>60304547
4chan is part of the botnet.
>>
>>60306070
the old fashioned botnet.. we do it for free.
>>
>>60306079
No the regular kind. Does anyone know when 4chan's robots.txt was updated to allow indexing of everything instead of nothing?

It had to have been years ago but I don't remember anyone talking about it ever.
>>
The wired refers to the idea implanted behind the fact of gamma, resolution, electric current, sound spectrums, tension, and other such things acting as the cortex of the internet. This is how itvremembersvyou when you think about it.
>>
>>60306122
What size don't index when they want to be anywhere near successful?
>>
>>60304590
No one ever told me that. I also didn't know my usenet shitposts would be archived forever.

Luckily I have a rare name so all my shitposts shimmer above the wastelands of humanity like a row of mushroom clouds whenever someone googles me.

Feels good man.

Felt bad man when I first realized I was fucked. (That was a long time ago.)

But now, things done changed. No one can ever go back in time to those years and shitpost to create a legacy under their own name. I did it. I won. And some of my shitposts were quite intelligent.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.