[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Those anyone here have any experience in setting up BBS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: images (3).png (1KB, 201x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).png
1KB, 201x168px
Those anyone here have any experience in setting up BBS?
>>
>>60299011
Bumping OP with MysticBBS
http://www.tinysbbs.com/files/prog/MSRC20B3.ZIP
>>
Does anyone even still use BBS
>>
>>60299011
ran a 4-node iniquity bbs and wrote a bunch of door games back in the day. fun times desu
>>
Any instruction on how to program a BBS?
>>
>>60299011
Yes. It works okay. Someone needs to create a modern BBS, that works over SSH.

That said, 4chan is a BBS, and if you think about it is about as equally as cyberpunk.
>>
>>60300984
pedos and retards
>>
>>60301454
>a modern BBS, that works over SSH
like Synchronet?
>>
>>60301454
I dig the idea of renewing BBS to work from ssh

>>60301883
Really?
>>
>>60299011

I literally and unironically connected to the Well back in the day. Cost a bomb in telephone calls.Thank FUCK for the internwebs
>>
Used to run a Renegade BBS with a Frontdoor mailer for Fidonet along with a bunch of doorgames and a time bank util.

Fucked if I can remember how I set any of it up now though.
>>
>>60303098
Hell yeah brother
>>
>>60303098
Door games were pretty awesome. I liked that space trading game. There was a good local bbs that ran circlemud on an amiga bbs, great mud.
>>
>>60299011
I do, but that's a pretty non-specific question.
>>
>>60299011
I really liked Teleguard and I believe it was ported to make it IP aware.
>>
File: tw2002.jpg (9KB, 278x207px) Image search: [Google]
tw2002.jpg
9KB, 278x207px
>>60303160
>I liked that space trading game.

We all did, anon.

Anyone else remember the citadel shield bug that made them invincible once they reached 3000 points of shielding? Only way to deal with them after that was to detonate a ton of genesis torpedoes in the same sector and hope the citadel was destroyed in the resulting planet collisions once maintenance ran.

>>60303098
Time banks were really handy. I usually ran through my daily turns in a few minutes but some days you find out your limpets got triggered and you just need to take your time carefully hunting down an opposing corp member with etherprobes.
>>
>>60301454
>>60301901

join the club
>>
I remember LORD II being as much of a controversy as Zelda II was when it was released
>>
>>60303425
any more sites like this?
>>
File: cs.jpg (48KB, 625x464px) Image search: [Google]
cs.jpg
48KB, 625x464px
TradeWars, LORD, and Global War were all great door games but Cripple Smash will forever be my favorite. No way you could get away with making a game like that today.
>>
>>60305848
>DOPEBAGS

That and Druglord.
>>
>>60300984
China.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.