[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sudo apt-get update >failed So this....is the power of linux....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

sudo apt-get update 

>failed

So this....is the power of linux....
>>
>>60293597

Google aptitude guide u bum.
>>
>breaks his install
>cries about it on /g/

I don't think Linus is at fault here.
>>
>>60293621
>being able to break your install
Windows doesn't have this problem
>>
>apt-get
>>
>>60293636
So it's better because it's more idiot proof?
>>
>>60293597
su
apt update
>>
>>60293621
How did I break it?
>>
>>60293636
You don't need to do it yourself when Windows does it for you
>>
>>60293636
>what is cryptolocker
>>
>>60293693
Ransomware. Use Common Sense 2017
>>
>>60293636
>try to registry edit my way out of Telemetry
>BSOD
>being able to break your install

Another Day Another Windows Install:
>Wanna Play Muh Gaymes
>Windows reboots because of Updates
>Every Time it tries to update it resets and reboots again
>using an OS that automatically breaks itself
Linux doesnt have this Problem
>>
Installing Chromium on a fresh Windows install: Just navigate to the download page
Installing Chromium on Linux: Have to troubleshoot for hours

Nice OS you got there
>>
>>60293636
you're right, windows breaks itself
>>
>>60293707
>Wanna Play Muh Gaymes
>Linux doesnt have this Problem
It doesn't have games faggot

>try to registry edit my way out of Telemetry
>BSOD
I never have this issue. Maybe you are just a faggot.
>>
Is this like this thread again, where someone tried to install Linux Mint 7 and complained the repos didn't work anymore?
>>
>>60293743
No, Im running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
>>
>>60293704
if you use Common Sense 2017, you won't break your Linux install
>>
>>60293723
>what is Wine
>what is PlayOnLinux
>what
>>
>>60293714
open synaptic search for chromium browser klick on it and install alternative sudo apt install chromium-browser in terminal
>>
Oh god just stick to the os which you are comfortable to...
And seriously if you dont know what your doing just dont fucking do it
>>
sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/* -vf
sudo apt-get update
>>
>>60293869
>stick to what you know, never try anything new
>don't learn from your mistakes, just give up after breaking something
>>
pip install Scipy

Install failed

So this...is the power of Wingdongs...
>>
>2017, year of Manjaro
>using Ubuntu

come on, brodie.
>>
>>60293714
>being literally retarded
>blames the OS

Nice logic you got there
>>
>>60293993
Manjaro is shit tier tho
Arch Anywhere or if you really need that gui then Antergos. And you won't have to constantly adjust your clock twelve decades back when they forget to update their certificates. Also you won't be behind with updates because they 'test' the package upgrades.
>>
>>60293906
Yep true that...i dint think it through
>>
Why do people even reply?
Just stop.
>>
>>60294095
I wonder who's posting all these pointless bait threads.. been going since I've got here in 2012 and sometimes it's the same image macro + text sequence.. what the fuck /g/???
>>
>>60293597
>Apt-get
>in 2017
>>
>>60293658
Actually yeah, it's a better design so inexperienced users can use it too
>>
>>60293636
something happened
>>
>>60293842
>What is Wine
Gee, I love settling for 30fps even with my more than capable graphics card just so I can boast on an anonymous, Japanese card playing forum that I use Linux.
>>
File: 1472349805329.jpg (165KB, 1038x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1472349805329.jpg
165KB, 1038x1155px
>>60293597

Linux is uther shit mate. Don't listen to this autism hive that's called /g/. If you solve one problem there will always be another one and linux will never just work. Linux users are just contrarians who want to justify their snowflake os. If 95% of ppl switched to linux they would praise windows like second coming of Christ.
>>
File: mugi_thread.jpg (11KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
mugi_thread.jpg
11KB, 229x220px
>>60293597
is this the daily "I'm too retarded to use Linux" thread?
>>
>>60293636
I had to completely disable updates because W10 kept trying to install the same update and failing for over 2 weeks.
>>
>>60293723
Best of both worlds is to run linux as host and windows for gaymen in a VM and pass the GPU through to it. That way you can continue using host OS while windows restarts for updates.
>Gee, I love wasting money on new hardware with vt-x and vt-d support with 5% less CPU efficiency and more RAM so I can boast on an anonymous, Japanese card playing forum that I use Linux.
In Microsoft style I wrote your reply for you, so you don't have to even bother replying. Trust me, it just werks
>>
>>60294257
Distros that usually have apt-get are more likely to start up next time than something with pacman you stupid autistic retard.
>muh snowflake Arch
>>
>>60294350
so true
>>
>>60294350
> If 95% of ppl switched to linux they would praise windows like second coming of Christ.
I found the opposite to be true, not being forced to restart for updates for one. And not having to deal with telemetry out of the box entrenched in the OS with the lowest level being basic.
Haven't had any issues for a good while now once I got past the first hurdle setting it up the way I want it.
>>
>>60294563
>I found the opposite to be true, not being forced to restart for updates for one. And not having to deal with telemetry out of the box entrenched in the OS with the lowest level being basic.
literally happens once a month.
if that is the reason you say no to endless features and compatibility of windows you are retarded beyond belief
>>
>>60294580
>literally happens once a month
source?
>>
>>60294601
source on what retard, how often windows releases *SECURITY UPDATES* for your own good?
>>
>>60293714
>Installing Chromium on Windows
Look up the download page, download installation file, run it, then viola.

>Installing Chromium on Linux
apt-get install chromium

How much are they paying you to spew bullshit?

You are getting paid to shill, correct?
>>
>>60294670
you forgot to sudo, since you cant do shit on linux without escalated privileges. which then asks for a password and then most likely shows an error in the process of installation or launching the chromium.
I run on Debian, literally can't install mpv with every single way possible. You think this is normal? lol
>>
>>60293636
yes, Windows 10 updates work flawlessly after all
>>
>>60293658
Waaahaaa why dont more people use my shitnuy hobbyos wanna why is it 2%
>>
>>60293707
>things that never happened
>>
>>60293636
it's extremely hard to break apt though
you pretty much have to either be completely clueless or do it on purpose
>>
>>60294350
The only redeeming quality windows have is the available applications.
And the available applications exist because more people use the platform.
People use the platform more because the only option to not buy a windows license these days is to assemble a desktop yourself.
>>
>>60294670
>not having pacman under an alias
1. Ctrl + Enter
2. $ install chromium
3. type password
done
>>
>tfw literally never had any problems with Linux
how fucking dumb are you guys
>>
>>60294749
>I run on Debian, literally can't install mpv with every single way possible.
How are you this fucking useless?
>>
>>60295124
>How are you this fucking useless?
I have been running various distros for over 5 years total, ran 20+ servers at some point. Im not useless, it just does not work.
you on the other hand are a stupid retarded shilling faggot
>>
>>60295182
So running
# apt-get install mpv
doesn't work at all?
>>
>>60295182
nice meme
>>
>>60295182
>>60295200
interesting talk here guys. I am gonna boot up my other machine now running debian8 and try to install it. If that works, then >>60295182 is an idiot.
>>
>>60295200
no it does not.
checked for the dependancies on git. installed everything but it still does not work.
>>60295243
go ahead faggot
>>
>>60293636
Factually wrong. I installed the creators update yesterday, saw that it left windows.old behind, and deleted windows.old to free up the 25 gigs it was using. This has never broken anything before, but THIS time, current system components relied on things left in that folder. My OS was rendered non-bootable. Safe mode (accessed by failing to successfully boot enough times) was a black background with a mouse cursor and no response to any input other than moving the cursor itself.
>>
>>60295243
Me again. Ok so, Debian 8, standard kde installed, apt-get install mpv, mpv, works.
@60295182 is a fucking idiot, not even a (you).
>>
>>60295286
Works on my machine, and everyone else's. Maybe it's time you quit your job?
>>
>>60295298
screen with my ID on it also a screenfetch.
>>
>>60295286
Can you screenshot it failing?
>>
>>60293597
install gentoo
>>
>>60295286
Do the world a favour and stick to windows.
>>
File: happy now you retard.jpg (280KB, 1908x1047px) Image search: [Google]
happy now you retard.jpg
280KB, 1908x1047px
>>60295530
Sorry it took longer because I just saw your post.
I also have to add, that this is in a virtualbox machine... and the VGA Trailer was the only shit that came to my mind.
>>
>>60295928
I also wanna add, that mpv did nothing in kde. Yeah, right you got me there. Installation was no problem but it couldn't do jackshit.
I had to startx and use openbox (which is what I actually use, kde just was there first because I tinkered around with it last week)
I could not get it running while kde was active and I don't know why, nor do I give a fuck. mpv just said that it could not connect to x11 or some shit.
>>
>>60293636
You cant even boot windows 10 after updating if you have 4gb ram. The only way to fix it is by buying more ram
>>
>>60293597
>that's what you get for fucking with /etc/apt/sources.list
>>
>>60295928
>women vs men screenshots.jpg
Could you screenshot the failure?
I don't care about your screenfetch.
It looks like mpv is playing the video.
If you need more videos to test it, you can use youtube-dl to get videos you know how should look.

And why did you zoom in on your desktop?
It looks horrible.
>>
>>60295989
is your kde running wayland by any chance?
>>
File: nevermind.jpg (295KB, 1905x1058px) Image search: [Google]
nevermind.jpg
295KB, 1905x1058px
>>60296874
$ loginctl show-session 1 -p Type

prints: Type=x11
Nevermind, Tried it again, it works. I just started the virtualmachine again ... so... I don't why it didn't work right after installation.
>>
>>60296822
it is a virtual machine, I am the guy defending that mpv works. The screenshot was taken with the snipping-tool (host is windows7) because "xD"
>>
>>60297084
I don't know what the issue was in the first place.
>>
>>60297169
The only real difference is that I tried to
 mpv video.mp4
as root while running kde and it didn't work, saying that it couldn't connect to x11 and pulseaudio. root was because I used su and then apt-get install mpv.
Then I used openbox (that first bullshit screenshot) and it worked (while also being root).
Then I rebooted the virtual machine, logged in with kde with my normal useraccount and used
mpv video.mp4
and it worked (screenshot two, also with the snippingtool because fuck me my host is w7 and I can).
The real problem always sits in front of the pc I guess. Anyways, to clear that up: mpv works and the initial poster that got me to do all this shit ( >>60295286 ) is still an idiot.
>>
haha operating systems lmao
>>
>>60293714
>Crt-alt-t
>Sudo apt-get install chromium
Wow. So difficult.
>>
macports is better
>>
>>60293827
Btfo
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.