[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stallman weird moments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
This guy makes weird stuff all the time:
https://youtu.be/aI3bOW2vLgQ

https://youtu.be/umQL37AC_YM
>>
>>60293335
Does he sign laptops?
Make a laptop sticker out of his signature.
>>
>>60293335
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSkCny-HtTw

>not posting the definitive version
>>
>>60293335
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t96m2ynKw0
>>
>>60293966
The point is the awkwardness, just imagine what the audience though: "like, i know this guy is smart and i agree with him, but why the hell is he singing.... pls stop"
>>
Stallman is kind of trapped in the past. He stopped trying to learn/keep up with hardware and software in the 90s. Basically, he went activist, and I think his brain just lost its wit. You'd think someone who loves software so much would be able to hop onto new conventions and ways of computing. For example, installing an linux distro has been easy and mainlined for years. In the early 90s, setting up the linux environment, GNU toolchain, and various other utilities would be tedious and difficult to some degree. However, setup programs have been mainstream in nearly every linux distro for almost 2 decades now.

I guess he's just content with letting his lackeys do everything for him. He'll justify it as he needs to spend time on his "activism" and yet plenty of people manage to be activists and still maintain some ability in the field they're advocating an issue within.

I think Stallman is just lazy and/or unaware that keeping competency, within the domain of what his activism is geared towards, would actually be beneficial for him. Not only would it continuously grant him an increasing knowledgeable perspective in technology and programming, but it would also express credential to whatever audience he is trying to persuade. You're not going to win as many people over when you're an archaic dinosaur with a lacking/dying awareness of the modern methods and means of operation in your field/specialty.
>>
>>60294045

it's not just that he's lazy in terms of programming, he is lazy in terms of activism as well. What the hell is he doing all day? he should be making GPL software thrive, instead he lost completely to MIT.
>>
>>60294099
His ideas are flawed somewhat, he says free software means freedom and not the price, also says the one who purchases a software should have the source code. How he really expect companies to jump on the whole gnu train, if he does not provide an alternative to make money? Nobody is gonna write software for freedom for his whole life if he does not benefit from it financially. Also, how does he want to compete against current software trends with so little effort, first he should provide a business model that works both for companies and free software.
>>
>>60294182
His ideas are not flawed, consumers are.

Paid free software could work in a world with no piracy, but that's just non realistic.

The problem is, there is no alternative that truly respect the user, when you buy non free software, you don't have control, and that might be tolerable for someone who is stupid/don't care, but it should be out of the scope when you are a company, being able to verify the code you run, and not depending in faith, that's been proven wrong over and over again, with almost no exceptions.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.