[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 39

File: 1381716949748.jpg (54KB, 350x392px) Image search: [Google]
1381716949748.jpg
54KB, 350x392px
Post your stupid questions itt

What podcast app do you guys use for android? Currently using stitcher and wondering if there's a better option.
>>
File: Capture.png (40KB, 810x442px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
40KB, 810x442px
Am I autistic?
>>
File: 1494105468619.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494105468619.webm
3MB, 640x360px
im about to buy dell inspiron 5567 (http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5567-laptop/drivers/advanced) but the problems is i dont know if win 7 will work on that thing, i dont want 10, i ve alrady fond drivers for radeon, i also found this announcement but this model is not on that list http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN300777/dell-support-for-windows-7-and-81-on-the-skylake-chipset?lang=EN, dunno about other drivers like card readers or audio. anyone tried this laptop with win7?
>>
Should I upgrade to a GTX-970 for 180 bucks or there's something better for similar price?
>>
I asked this in the last thread but it reached the bump limit before I got an answer. My windows 10 10 computer has been crashing to random colors. The computer boots up, runs for around 5 minutes, and then crashes to a randomly colored screen and I can't do anything. Does anyone have any idea what this could be and how I could fix it?
>>
If a video was encoded 1 year ago, then uploaded to youtube today, would someone be able to download the video, and tell that the video was originally encoded 1 year ago, or is all that shit overwritten when youtube re-encodes the video?
>>
>>60283613
What are you upgrading form?
>>
>>60283620
Sounds like a gpu problem
>>
File: 1486963576201.jpg (25KB, 476x353px) Image search: [Google]
1486963576201.jpg
25KB, 476x353px
is it possible to pirate win10?
>>
>>60283613
depends, what do you have right now?

>>60283620
can you provide any more info? I had a similar problem on an old build, turned out my video card was faulty.
>>
>>60283620
Could be anything. Post your specs. Laptop or desktop?

>>60283673
I've done a few youtube downloads in my time and if youtube hasn't overwritten anything, the downloader will
>>
File: 6281856562.png (30KB, 300x135px) Image search: [Google]
6281856562.png
30KB, 300x135px
Do you think a VPN would affect my speed at all?

I read that the higher the speed the bigger a hit it takes, and my download speed is very slow.
>>
>>60283681
From a poo tier gt 630
>>
>>60283702
The computer is using internal graphics and it takes longer to crash when I boot it in safe mode
>>
>>60283720
if you play games on your pc at all then definitely go for it. just be sure it will fit in your case if you have an older build.
>>
>>60283711
It's always going to affect it, even if just a little, but it depends on the quality of the provider and the location you plan to use
>>
My TV can't display a 1080p connection from my PC properly, probably because it's not native 1080p.
Anyways, I want to mirror my monitor to the TV so that I can play my emulators in bed.
What can I do?
>>
>>60283708
>if youtube hasn't overwritten anything, the downloader will

You can download the raw video file youtube uses, if you don't pick the dash format.
>>
>>60283757
Can't you lower the resolution and connect the pc directly to the tv? Otherwise I don't know how you could do that, unless your monitor supports output like notebooks
>>
I had what I thought was a power outage while running a fairly intensive game a while ago, so I stopped playing it. The next day, the same thing happened, and then again, so I thought it was just the storm outside causing it.

However, after the storm ended, I tried to turn my PC back on and it didn't work. It took a good 10 attempts for it to power on after being left off for ~3 hours. Since then, I've realized that the point when a game allocates assets is when my computer will crash and reboot, so I haven't launched any 3D games for a while now. I was fine to leave it like this, but just now I was relaunching a program, one of my components whirred a bit, and I got the same crash and reboot. Nothing very intensive was going on at all, just a Steam update.

What's going on here? This can't be my GPU, can it? I'm figuring it's the PSU, as it's a few years old, but is there any way for me to tell? I'm already planning on switching it out, and I've stress tested my CPU without any problems at all.
>>
>>60283810
Yea I could totally do that, issue is that it would be a 3rd display. Opening applications would be a pain in the ass, as they would open on my first monitor.
I wish there was a way to mirror my 1080 display to the 768p TV.
>>
File: Untitled.png (21KB, 731x317px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
21KB, 731x317px
What would be the most efficient way of implementing the string search algorithm described in pic related?
Language requirement is C#
Any tips on what classes would be best to use much appreciated
>>
>>60283850
best case scenario is when a storm fucks with the electrics is the PSU dies
worst case scenario is it fried the motherboard, CPU, GPU, and PSU

Luckily for me when both of those happened, I was already starting to build a new computer for myself or a friend so I just swapped parts around until I found the dud
>>
File: mpv-shot0002.jpg (284KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0002.jpg
284KB, 1920x1080px
What is keeping Yahoo and AOL afloat?

Also, who is using their search?

I could go to Google and type in "imdb gang gas" and find an IMDB page for the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia episode for 'The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis'. Bing, AOL, Yahoo, and MSN can't do it.

I mean just random stuff like that, Google is perfect. I could practically Google one handed without using any vowels and 12 other letters and i'd find just about anything I need. Google predicts so well.
>>
Is there a way to view protected tweets without approval?
>>
>>60283929
Well, I don't honestly know if it was the storm fucking with the wires or anything. Generally, I just lose power here when it rains a lot, not necessarily anything to do with lightning. I've lost power occasionally, but not frequently.

My CPU is definitely fine. My GPU, PSU, and motherboard are the questionable points, but I don't know what else it could be or if the initial reset even triggered this. While it seems like the PSU is the issue, I don't understand why a PSU would randomly reset my computer during a simple Steam update, even though Steam updates are slightly resource intensive.
>>
>>60283979
could be it got fucked but you will only know it's fucked under load and steam updates are just enough load for it to die

I hope you have a surge protector
>>
>>60283875
Have you tried to use 'Duplicate this display' in windows settings (assuming you're using it), or does that duplicate all of them and you can't select specific ones to duplicate?
>>
>>60284042
Well since my first display is 1080p and the TV is 768p mirroring wouldn't work well. Everything would be messed up.
>>
>>60283937
Their search engine isn't the only thing they have. Also I searched for "imdb gang gas" and it was 2nd result on Bing (MSN uses Bing too), 1st on Yahoo, AOL didn't find it. Google might be the best, but it's not like the others are decades behind or anything.
>>
I'm looking to upgrade my PC. Among my current parts, what is the biggest bottleneck that I can replace for games?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K
RAM: DDR3 8GB
Graphix: Nvida GeForce GTX 970
>>
I have a network card that the LED light on even if no ethernet cable is plugged in, and lspci shows it but it doesnt work. Is this a a hardware or software problem?
>>
Is Iridium any good?
>>
>>60283708
The computer is a dell optiplex 745 with a pentium D, 6 gigabytes of ram, and it only has integrated graphics
>>
>>60283367

Podcast Addict is the best one.
>>
how do I into microsoft access
supposed to make queries but never did them before
is it easy?
can i learn in a day?
>>
I have a prebuilt desktop and want to add an internal hard drive (solid state).
Can I just buy any SSD and connect the cables, or is there something more I need to keep in mind? I plan to just get a 120gb sandisk because I'm just experimenting and it's the cheapest out there.
>>
>>60283505
You need a monitor too for akitio node
>>
>>60284427
I thought if you used an nVidia card you could do passthrough?
>>
>>60283689
Yes look at wiki
>>
File: 1484623681101.jpg (680KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1484623681101.jpg
680KB, 2560x1440px
Is 32 Bit Windows better than 64 Bit Windows for a device with 4 GB of ram? 512 MB is taken by the iGPU and the CPU is a x5-Z8350.

Here's a dank pape for your troubles.
>>
>>60284441
Gpu passtrough for vm? Idk about that but due to physical restrictions you will always get better performance if you use an external monitor
>>
>>60284113
I just wonder how they make so much money off their other services. AOL particularly.. it seems like just sponsorship and investing is what they do and their actual flagship products are virtually nonexistent

I can see Yahoo Mail being part of their success, because many people still use it, but how many people pay for their Yahoo account?

Just surprises me Yahoo is afloat and relatively successful
>>
Does anyone know of a program that will let me
>Point at a folder
>Convert every .Flac file to Mp3 320
>Ignore other types of files
>Leave everything exactly how it was on each of the files

I'm out of space on my music hard drive and this is the only way I can think of to free it up
>>
>>60284508
not for virtual machines, will be for gaymen
I do know about performance issues. In my research, the general consensus seems to be between 10% and 25% performance loss
>>
>>60284188
use inox
>>
How much of an upgrade would a GTX 1050 To be over a GTX 680?
>>
>>60284709
>>
>>60284725
medium zozzle
>>
Is it normal that an appliance repair guy will refuse to work on my washing machine until I take ALL of the cat litter boxes out of the room? I've never heard of this before, honestly. I did what he asked because I didn't want to make a fight out of it, but it did come off as pretty rude to me that he would even bring it up.
>>
>>60284792
I wouldnt want to work in a cat shit filled environment either.Filled or otherwise
>>
>>60284233
I tried that one out and it's much better. Thanks.
>>
File: 625603.jpg (50KB, 295x475px) Image search: [Google]
625603.jpg
50KB, 295x475px
Bought some digital books and was each one came in PDF, MOBI, and EPUB files.

Which of those three is best? Is there any difference? Which one has the most pleasant readers/apps on smartphones? Or is there a good universal reader that someone can recommend me?
>>
>>60284792
Were they filled with shit and piss?
You know you're supposed to scoop them out, your poor cats don't want to touch shit and piss anymore than you or the repair guy do.

If they weren't gross or shit-filled the guy probably just had some bad experiences with it in the past.
>>
>>60284573
probs just to use a script
>>
>>60285045
It worked
>>
File: dd.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Have legal version of windows 10 on my laptop (pre installed windows 7 upgraded to windows 10). Download MS office illegal, want to activate through KMS pico but hit the wrong buttons... activate windows... Lost original windows licence and illegal one is activated now... how do I retrieve orignal code? I know dumb as F*ck
>>
>>60284966
EPUB is the best. MOBI is for the Amazon Kindle. PDF is shit. Use EPUB3 Reader from F-Droid or the Google Play Books app. The Play Books app uploads your book to the cloud (and can also access it offline). Personally, I use EPUB3 because Google takes some time to upload.
>>
>>60284966
MOBI if you want to read it on a Kindle, EPUB for most other devices. PDF you can use if you want to view it on your PC, though it's a pretty terrible choice for just about anything else due to the way PDFs handle stuff like word wrapping and header/footers, all that stuff can get broken pretty badly if you try to scale it or convert it into a different format.
>>
File: baconbitsirc.png (20KB, 1361x619px) Image search: [Google]
baconbitsirc.png
20KB, 1361x619px
Can anyone walk me through on how to join the baconBits IRC on either HexChat or ChatZilla?

I'm a complete retard who never uses IRC. I'm trying to get my account undisabled but I only get the message in my pic when I click "Chat" on the baconBits homepage. The java applet link on the bottom also doesn't work.
>>
>>60285382
Your Windows key is stored in your motherboard, so just reinstall. If that doesn't work, just install Win 10 LTSB from a torrent site (Thepiratebay or topkickass).

Also, can someone fucking help me?>>60284487
>>
>>60283367
How do I stream my large movie files into my TV.
>>
>>60285382
Why though? Pirate license works just as well as your real one.

Or just reinstall 10, hit skip when it asks for key.

>>60285441
LTSB only works with a key for Enterprise, they'd need home/pro, which you can download directly from microsoft.

>>60284487
Doesn't make a huge difference either way. Going 32 bit you effectively lose a bit of CPU performance for 64 bit software, but gain a bit more free RAM and storage.
>>
>>60284573
ffmpeg. ffmpeg -i input.flac -ab 320k -map_metadata 0 -id3v2_version 3 output.mp3, modify as required by your OS for looping over each input file.
>>
>>60285474
If the TV has any native streaming support, which model is it?

If not, grab a chromecast or cheap android stick
>>
Plex wont stream embedded ASS subtitles.What do
>>
>>60285481
Thank you.
Also, what about this: https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/15880829/Windows_10_X64_Enterprise_LTSB_Build_14393_en-US_Sep_2016__Gen2_

I installed that on my Chuwi Hi10 and it works just fine.
>>
>>60285562
That's Enterprise, including a pirated key automatically in the installer. If you want to use a legit home/pro key, you need to use a home/pro install disk, Enterprise will not accept it.
>>
>>60285409
>>60285414
Nice, thanks gents.
>>
>>60284205
That's old enough that the power supply, motherboard or RAM might be failing. Run Memtest to see if there's something wrong with the RAM, but you can only really diagnose the other 2 by replacing them and seeing if the problem goes away.
>>60284381
You will need an extra SATA data cable and somewhere to mount the SSD. Double sided tape usually works fine if there are no 2.5" bays. Disconnect your other hard drive before installing an OS on the SSD so the bootloader ends up on the right drive

.>>60284487
I would still install 64 bit Windows unless you still have old Win95 software that won't work on it.
>>
Is it possible in Excel to have a cell with a value that increments every time I save a copy of the file? (So normal save to current location will not increment the value, only save as whatever.)
>>
>>60285525
I've tried chromecast, but it uses internet to download from my computer.
And it's slow.
>>
>>60285632
Thanks for the response.
Would buying a mounting bracket set be a waste? Comes with cables and everything.
Once I install the OS, I can plug back in the other drive and dual boot, right? (after changing settings in bios)
>>
Hey /g/

whats a good free email service besides gmail/hotmail? i dont want to use gmail because i dont think google needs shit like my phone number, and my hotmail account keeps dropping emails
>>
Got a 2TB HDD. Should the partition format be MBR or GPT?
>>
>>60286191
cock.li
Use the airmail.cc domain for normie stuff.
>>
File: 1468170608169.jpg (54KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
1468170608169.jpg
54KB, 540x472px
I have a big box of spare computer parts that I've swapped out over the years. Any ideas for what I should do with them? I have no experience with selling shit online and it seems like a hassle, but I have no other ideas for where to send them or if I should just toss them into an e-waste container. Just feels like a shame to just junk these old motherboards, coolers, and toaster-level GPUs.
>>
>>60286345
this is the last time i ask /g/ for advice
>>
How hard would it be to start soldering?
>>
>>60286385
I use cock.li faget. It's got a lawyer and everything defending it. Nobody reads your shit.
>>
File: IMAG0295.jpg (809KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0295.jpg
809KB, 1080x1920px
This shit is fucking cancer. It's stiffer than a wedding prick. Is there such a thing as flexible coaxial cable that doesn't fuck up my signal quality or internet bandwidth or anything? I can buy a spool, some fittings, and the compression tool and learn to make my own, I just don't know if a cable exists worth bothering with.
>>
>>60286431
Not that I know of. You need all that shielding. You can probably find an elbow connector to make 90 degree turn out of the wall box if that helps
>>
>>60286347
You can part them out on ebay but it's fair bit of work to make all the ads, answer questions, and ship shit. Is it worth it too you? Check what everyone else is getting for similar parts on eBay.
>>
>>60286412
join the army and find out
>>
Is an into to discrete math hard
is an intro to algorithms hard

is taking both at the same time along with two other classes hard?

Want to get Computer Science stuff out of the way and getting into the algorithms class is fucky so if im able to do it early as i can (next semester) itd relieve a lot

asked /sci/ so ill ask here too
>>
>>60286191
I've signed up for a bunch of anonymous/throw away gmail accounts and I'm pretty sure the phone number is optional.
>>
>>60286412
Basic stuff, super easy. Get any cheap iron and solder and watch a basic intro YouTube video. Fancier stuff, tiny stuff, and sensitive stuff, expect it to take a bit of practice(spend a solid evening practicing), non-garbage solder(2-3x the cost of the cheaper stuff you bought in example A, and a nicer iron($50-$100+).
>>
>>60286412
Basic soldering is pretty easier. If you want to do something like assembling surface mount PCBs, it's going to take a lot of practice
>>
>>60286512
>I'm pretty sure the phone number is optional.
If only the same can be said for Facebook.

Anyways, I forgot to specify that my 2TB drive is for storage, not carrying Windows 7. Research on the matter has me confused on whether to make it MBR or GPT.
>>
>>60285651
Try the localcast app with a chromecast. You can stream from local storage or a network share on your local network.
>>
>>60286486

I really doubt that the money I'd make would be worth the hassle of setting everything up. I might get a cheap case and rebuild an old PC. It might be good for seeding public domain torrents and contributing to distributed computing.
>>
im tired of working hard and shitty jobs

what can of job could i find with a+, net+ and ccna? how long would it take to complete all 3 of those?
>>
>>60286267
You could technically do either but just go GPT. It's the future
>>
What's that program that checks hard drive health and has those green square things to show good/bad sectors?
>>
How can a grab a bunch of rectangular subsections of a texture and write them to a canvas in different locations in webgl? Are there any minimalist 2d libraries that make this easy?
>>
Do denuvo games work on w10 LTSB? I've read they don't. Asking for a friend
>>
>>60286669
It'll function the same, right? This thing costed me $120+ after all. Don't normally go that high but I heard good thing about WD Black and Ultrastar is too much for my blood.
>>
File: st33m.png (79KB, 820x600px) Image search: [Google]
st33m.png
79KB, 820x600px
I've got this weird issue with Steam in Win7.

Whenever I start Steam, it switched the Steam Client Service's "Startup Type" to "Manual", when it should be set to "Automatic" (because Steam has issues downloading if this service isn't running). I don't want to have to enable the service manually every time I launch Steam. I can't even imagine why the Service keeps getting set to Manual startup.

Any idea how I can diagnose what might be causing that, or how to prevent it from switching again?
>>
>>60283689

Yes. Here' the tl;dr. version.
You need:

Windows 7 .iso (not an N version, those won't work with Daz Loader)
Daz Loader
Either a DVD or USB drive to copy Windows 7 .iso to so you can boot into the installer
Drivers for networking (i.e. wi-fi card or ethernet)

Then do this.

Install Windows 7 then activate with Daz Loader.
Download Windows 10 accessibility upgrade from M$ official site.
Upgrade from Win7 to 10.

Now you have a legit copy of Windows 10 upgraded from a pirated copy of 7.

I used Win7 Ultimate and it upgraded me to Win10 Pro.

Good luck
>>
My router periodically stops working, needing a hard reset to connect to it.

Without worrying about the particular model, what are some things I can try to prevent that from happening?
>>
File: CAM00368.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00368.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Is this laptop hdd FUBAR?

>Owner story
>Mom dropped my laptop while cleaning and windows stopped working

So i tried to install windows but installer took hours to open so i checked with linux and speeds drop to 0 and stops right away.
>>
Which is a more powerful computer?

Thinkpad X201
2.5ghz dual core i5 cpu with hyperthreading
4gb ram

GPD Win
2.0 Ghz intel atom quad core cpu
4gb ram
>>
File: CAM00374.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00374.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>60287351
How do you even repair a HDD witj a damaged motor?

>>60287366
X201 by a mile, Atom CPUs are really weak.

GPU wise Atom is better but this doesnt matter a lot.

You can upgrade X201 a lot, you cant at all with GPD.

Atom CPUs are really simple CPUs focused in being cheap and absurd low power use (2w to 10w).

Get the X201, its cheaper and put a SSD on it.
>>
>>60287407
run gddrescue and replace the drive.
>>
>>60287407
I've got the X201 but a friend was telling me about ordering a GPD Win today and said it was probably more powerful than my laptop but I was doubtful.

Could I run Dark Souls on the integrated graphics of the X201? I've never got around to installing Windows on it to try.
>>
>>60287446
1?
Not at 30 FPS, that goes for both devices but both should run it.
>>
>>60287466
How about Dark Souls II? I've heard it's actually more optimized than the first game.
>>
>>60287505
X201 will have problem running it because the IGPU AND GPD win because the CPU.

GPD Win is not exactly powerful.
>>
>>60287537
Again, both will run it in lowest settings at 800p.
>>
I want to buy a TV and use it as monitor too. This will destroy my GPU?

Summary
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i3 @ 3.90GHz 32 °C
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1199MHz (15-15-15-35)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. H110M-S2-CF (U3E1) 28 °C
Graphics
BenQ GW2270 (1600x900@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 26 °C
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B0 (SATA) 37 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH15F
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
>>
I just started reading a book called

>Assembly Language Step by Step

on amazon it claims:
Assembly Language Step by Step, Third Edition, helps you:

>Review the fundamental concepts behind computing and programming, including the hexadecimal and binary number bases
>Understand the evolution of the Intel CPUs and how modern x86 processors operate
>Grasp the process of programming itself, from editing source code through assembly, linking, and debugging
>Comprehend x86 32-bit protected-mode memory addressing
>Learn the x86 instruction set by dissecting numerous complete example programs

Is this book obsolete since it focuses on 32-bit? or is 64bit the exact same thing with more addresses?

I don't yet understand assembly well enough to even know whether this question is valid. Since this material is pretty dense (for me) I don't want to get too invested in this particular book if I should be using newer resources to educate myself.

Thank you for reading.
>>
>>60287607
i want to use it as second monitor
>>
So let me get this right.

In order to rood my Moto G i must:

Install a custom recovery (TWRP).
Copy SuperSU zip to my phone TWRP folder.
Run Install ZIP with TWRP.

And thats it?
>>
Forgot about this thread.
Would someone mind weighing in on my laptop screen issue?

>>60287820
>>
>>60287844
No, screens are almost impossible to repair if the panel is this damaged, just get replacement screen and fit it yourself its really easy.
>>
>>60287613
Why the fuck people fall for the Assembly meme, really there's no significant advantage over C on a PC, as for your question, i find it hard to think of assembler on 64bit applications, but more information wont harm you especially if you're just learning , i have used assembler to program 8-bits MCUs and those where already a pain in the ass with their 1k of ram i cant think of using on a AMD64 system.
>>
>>60287780
Whatever XDA tells you to do. Shit is different for every model and often between android versions.
>>
>>60287607
You'll be fine if you're not gaming.
>>
>>60288146
Well because that is the guide i followed.
I installed SuperSU and thats it.

Why i am wondering if its correct is because i use Root explorer to copy a file in a root folder once i reboot its gone and i have to do it again.
>>
>>60288168
That's probably a problem with your explorer, or android just correcting any changes to its filesystem automatically. Try adaway and see if it works.
>>
>>60288213
I have Tried Root Explorer and Amaze.
What would you reccomend?
>>
>>60288164
I want to use it as second monitor. So I can't play a video game on the monitor and watch a 4chan thread on the TV for example?
>>
File: 1490578112012.png (19KB, 1911x68px) Image search: [Google]
1490578112012.png
19KB, 1911x68px
This white line bothers me.
I want to get rid of it.
Please help.
>>
>>60288222
If it doesn't work with ES, then you've got another problem.
>>
File: nvidia_driveer.png (9KB, 541x213px) Image search: [Google]
nvidia_driveer.png
9KB, 541x213px
Hello
I would like to know if having a dual screen setup would harm performance in 3D applications, even if the 3D applications or games only use one of the 2 screens.

Also, if i have 2 screens but only use one for games, what configuration should i choose in pic related?
>>
>>60288228
Generally doing lightweight shit like web browsing on a second monitor doesn't have any noticeable impact. Your card's pretty anemic though, so it's possible it could make a difference. It's a good thing your main screen is only 900p
>>
>>60288242
I just used ES File explorer and i still have the same problem.
>>
>>60288350
Did you enable root mode? Did you approve it in SuperSU?
>>
>>60287992

Thanks
>>
>>60288361
Yes, and Yes.
>>
>>60288410
What do SuperSu's logs say went down?
>>
>>60288422
>No Logs available
>>
>>60288443
Enable them. Rinse and repeat. Although I'm starting to think that your phone is just configured to reverse any changes made to system files. In that case you probably can't do anything except install a custom rom
>>
Why do some software like peazip require download of a .deb file instead of being available through sudo apt-get?
>>
>>60288460
Any recommendations? i tried flashing the rom for my carrier based in a guide but apparently Wifi will be disabled unless i copy a file to the /persist folder.

Which works till i reset it.
>>
>>60288475
Lineage is good. Also you might check through the thread you found this on and see if anyone else is having the same problem as you. If you're the first, then post there.
>>
>>60288500
Yes, which get fixed by copying the file there, and works but the only one that had exactly my same problem never posted how he fixed it.
Classic forums, literally >nvm fixed it
>>
File: compras.png (14KB, 965x221px) Image search: [Google]
compras.png
14KB, 965x221px
Is it even worth upgrading my FX-8350 right now or should i wait for Intel and Ryzen to go cheaper ? i made a quick calculus in Calc of the value of the new ryzen processors, and combined with the cost of a basic AM4 motherboard, R5 1600 seems like the best choice.
>>
>>60288518
yes

the 1600 and 1600x are great
>>
File: 1485221015360.png (27KB, 485x270px) Image search: [Google]
1485221015360.png
27KB, 485x270px
>>60288513
The only other thing I can think of would be to try copying the file over from within recovery. But if the system auto-scans for changes that might not work either.
>>
>>60283689
Just buy it Darnell.
>>
>>60288568
307€ seems like a good deal indeed, i just hope it doesnt bottleneck my system despite having so many cores, like my current FX-8350 does
Is there anything i need to know about AM4 motherboards? would a cheap 75€ mobo do well ?
>>
What languages are popular nowadays?

Which ones should I learn?
>>
File: 343554768979.jpg (141KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
343554768979.jpg
141KB, 543x405px
I'm getting no display when I boot my pc, happens if I use either gpu or intel integrated graphics.
As a side note, this pc in particular was not letting me use anything windows because it gave me bsods, I tried to fresh install 7, 8 or 10 to try and fix this but I got the same issue, however, several linux distros worked fine.
A week later I got the display shit when I pulled out the gpu and the bios battery overnight.

Is the motherboard kill? Or is there something else I'm missing?
>>
File: 1414049887767.gif (489KB, 341x230px) Image search: [Google]
1414049887767.gif
489KB, 341x230px
>>60276770
>>60288613
>>
What's the best way to go about moving Steam and its games to a new HDD? I suspect a simple cut and paste would just make a mess of things.
>>
>>60288568
NEVER MIND, i just realized i would have to also buy DDR4 ram in order to use an AM4 board. that blows. 50€ more into the mix for 8 gigs.
>>
I am playing an old game (Elona+) that only supports 1280x1024 resolution. This means the window is tiny on my 1200p monitor. I'd like to scale it bigger, is there some program that would let me do this? Borderless full screen just creates a black box around the window and doesn't actually scale it.

Even a magnifying glass overlay that updates at 30fps or something would be fine.
>>
How do I enable dht for the halite torrent client. Is it automatically on?
>>
>>60288991
for old id recommend grabbing a CRT for 10 bucks, ideally one that supports 1600x1200 wich is usually the highest you can get in old games
otherwise your only option is lowering desktop resolution AFAIK
>>
How does corruption work?
Does it occur when there's a problem on the hardware level (ie does reformatting always fix the problem), or is it purely a software fuckup?
>>
Clustering 3 raspberry PI 2 Model Bs I got for free and attempting to emulate N64

If I were to separate graphics processing into its own thread through clustering, what order of magnitude would the overhead be to send/receive 4KB and 8KB of data every 17ms or 34ms?

Would appreciate any help or pointers on making this calculation. Trying to come up with a worst case performance estimate to see if this project is feasible.
>>
File: 1476031363730.jpg (66KB, 628x879px) Image search: [Google]
1476031363730.jpg
66KB, 628x879px
Can someone recommend me a wider computer chair with armrests fully connected to the body?
>>
I find Ms and Ns a bit difficult to read with monospaced fonts. I'm fond of Bitstream Vera and its dirivitives, but they all have the flaw. What does anyone recommend?
>>
>>60288967
https://www.howtogeek.com/269515/how-to-move-a-steam-game-to-another-drive-without-re-downloading-it/
>>
What was the last safe Quicpic version?
>>
>>60289251
I recommend you a Gym subscription instead.
>>
File: 1476569561892.jpg (49KB, 622x352px) Image search: [Google]
1476569561892.jpg
49KB, 622x352px
>>60289456
>anon starts projecting again
Actually anon the problem is I'm not fat I'm a skelly, I work from home and have a mini dachshund that likes to sleep in my lap but she's too long and starts to slip off the side sometimes, I want something wider so she can sit comfortably with me
>>
Does anyone have a working link from the WXG threads that have LTSB of windows 10 2015 version?
>>
File: 082.gif (890KB, 305x320px) Image search: [Google]
082.gif
890KB, 305x320px
Is it worth it to get the apple pro certificate? Especially for Final Cut Pro X before 10.3 comes out?
>>
/g/
I thought about asking /v/ or /vg/ but here seemed like I'd get better answers.

For some reason, I was signed out of all my nintendo stuff, my switch, my wii u and my 3DS.

any one know why by chance? It said my password was wrong and I fixed it back to a decent password. If nintendo did this, they would send me a notice when I signed into the Miiverse to check my messages there. The reason I know this is due to wanting to play splatoon and then I got fucked over here. So any one know the cause of this?

It took me about 3 different times to finally get myself signed into my NNID so I could play Splatoon and Mario Kart.

>>60289609
I thought FCP was already out and it was the last one in general? I have it on my mac.
>>
File: 1493897300289.png (17KB, 239x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493897300289.png
17KB, 239x200px
Boi's do you have any fancy ".exe" to launch on the pc of my school ? Or totaly not safe website ?
>>
>>60289837
go to bed kid
>>
>>60283367
Can I somehow copy the Windows 8.1 folder settings from one to another computer?
>>
How do I set a "block everywhere" rule in uMatrix? Is this code correct?
 * * cookie block 
>>
where are the neovim plugins stored
or rather how do you install plugins for nvim
>>
>>60289725
The person I know told me the test itself won't be out until July I think.
>>
>>60283367
Recommend me pure javascript library to validate forms, please.
>>
>>60290020
Your gpu control panel
>>
>>60290045
If possible, which that supports:
>comparing two values
>check an image's size
>check form value to regex patterns
>>
>>60287910
How easy? I mean, tracking down a TP X230 screen would be trouble enough, especially considering that I'm not in the US.
>>
I've got an old mobo and cpu
mobo: P6X58D-E
cpu: i7 950

this mobo uses LGA1366 sockets
if I want a new cpu like an i5 7600K I'm going to need a new mobo with an LGA1151 socket, right?

I'm just making sure I understand this correctly
>>
Anybody know a good rom for my old Samsung aviator?
>>
>>60290192
Yes, you will need a new motherboard with a newer socket. You are decades behind current tech, sockets, and chipsets. That is legacy hardware.

I used that exact same CPU and motherboard until last year and it treated me well. It's time for it to go.
>>
Does any cell phone work with a power bank as long as it uses a USB wire?
>>
>>60290327
yes. A powerbank is exactly what it does. It can charge a Switch
>>
>>60290331
Thanks bae.
>>
>>60284349
It's easy and you can learn it in one day. Google it.
>>
>Go trough hell AMD heaven trying to reflash muy Moto G because WiFi wouldnt work
>Get a redneck tier fix working
>But download speed caps at 2Mbps.

What do?
Also if your phone is rooted you dont are supposed to update right?
>>
>>60290443
Upload speed is fine tho.
>>
>>60290443
Also fuck autocorrect, i forgot to disable it.
>>
File: 2 pcs.jpg (130KB, 1748x1240px) Image search: [Google]
2 pcs.jpg
130KB, 1748x1240px
If connect 2 PC's like this it damages the power?
>>
>>60290477
Depends on the power draw
>>
>>60290477
Power efficiency reduces increasing the load of the next power strip and the final power draw.

TLDR: yes on high loads.
>>
What are /g/ approved routers for higher than 100mbps internet speeds ? I currently have TP-Link TL-WR841N which only supports 100mbps wired or wifi (fucking bullshiters write 300mbps on the box though)
I'm planning on getting 300 or maybe faster internet in upcoming months and was wondering what other specs I should look out for as I haven't really looked into routers too much
All I know that 5Ghz should be better than 2.4
>>
How do i change the default graphics card on windows 10?

I have followed multiple guides, and everything has gone as the guides said it would.
Then i start up a game and only the shitty intel 3000 can be detected.
is a Radeon 6600 and 6700 (apparently). Not a great graphics card by any means but it would be nice to actually be able to play something on something other than LOW

Oh and i can't change anything relevent in my bios because its a shitty Song Vaio laptop
>>
>>60290527
>>60290544
how should I connect?
>>
>>60290477
it's fine as long as you don't exceed the limits of either power board
>>
>>60290617
Hire an electrican and tell him to add additional wall sockets.
>>
Should I upgrade to Windows 7? I heard it was gonna be discontinued.
>>
I'm trying to flash TWRP and then LineageOS on my Redmi 3 but I'm having some troubles.
I already applied for my unlock code and manually updated it to MIUI 8 a long time ago.
Now when I type
>fastboot oem device-info
however, it says it isn't unlocked.
So I have to download that Mi Unlock tool again, right? But when I go to the website to do that it tells me I have to reapply for an unlock code. Is there any other way? I already wiped all my shit and I can't be bothered setting it up all again only to wipe it again, but I can't go without a phone for weeks or however long it takes for Xiaomi to authorize your unlock.
>>
I want some youtube videos to learn the very basics of Electronics and then move on to computing devices - literally tell me about
>how calculation on physical devices started then
>whatever came in between
>to how superconductors are used to make logic gates, then
>whatever came in between
>to super computers,
>to AI.

i feel like my knowledge is like a drop formed from several mini-drops taken from the middle of nowhere in the entire ocean.
i feel so stupid.
pls help.
>>
>>60290609
There's seriously no option for that in BIOS ? That sucks
Check power management settings, maybe there will be something to not use iGPU
>>
>>60290650
>upgrade
>to Windows 7
what
>>
>>60290711
i have windows 8 right now but i'm doing a new PC
>>
What is the benefit of 144hz? Don't even know what it really means.

And if I were to buy a pc monitor which one would be better? One with 4k or one with full hd 144hz? Monitors with both go up in cost too much for me.
>>
Just got a new acer laptop, should I format it and clean install a new OS?
>>
>>60290814
144hz means the screen refreshes 144 times per second instead of the usual 60, so everything will appear smoother, most noticeable while gaming, but also shows a difference in everyday usage(even such as moving the cursor through desktop)
If it's worth for you or not is for you to decide, best would be to see one in action. If you play fast-paced games, especially shooters, you will see an overall quality increase
Wouldn't buy either though (1080p@144 or 4k@60) as 1080p is a small resolution now and 4k is too big to use properly
>>
>>60290840
what the fuck do you think
>>
>>60290897
...I shouldn't?
>>
>>60290898
well fuck, maybe YOU shouldn't, god knows what could happen
>>
>>60290921
That actually hurt my feelings
>>
File: Raspberry-Pi-3-top-down-web.jpg (335KB, 688x479px) Image search: [Google]
Raspberry-Pi-3-top-down-web.jpg
335KB, 688x479px
I need a raspberry pi 3 model b for a programming class this semester. The issue is that local buying options like Amazon Mexico and Mercadolibre charge about 60 dollars + shipping for the fucking thing.
Are there any websites that sell it for a more reasonable price and ship internationally? I can wait about 2 weeks max for shipping.
>>
>>60290898
>>60290840
my personal advice would be to keep it in the box, sealed pack.
that's how the laptops are supposed to remain.
>>
I broke my right shift key on my keyboard. Where do I buy a new one in Australia (or anywhere else)?
>>
>>60290952
Think about what you just posted
>>
>>60290897
>>60290961
I thought this was the stupid questions thread
>>
>>60290966
stupid question != stupid people
those are just retarded posters that don't deserve any (you)'s
>>
>>60290930
ship from US amazon ?
>>
File: asd.png (410KB, 1079x425px) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
410KB, 1079x425px
>>60290990
Tried it already
None of the decently priced ones shit to mexico. This is the best I could find. I end up paying the same as buying locally and get a bunch of extra shit with it I guess but I was hoping to pay the minimum for it since I already have most of what's included here except for the heatsink and the plastic case.
>>
Is it possible to play shit out loud even if you have headphones plugged in?
>>
What are the difference in Microsoft and Libre office?
What can I do in one, which is not possible in the other?
What can go wrong if my boss uses Microsoft Excel while I use Open-source Libre office Calc?
>>
Is there a way to make 100+ audio files all the same volume?

Preferably be able to set a decibel and change all the files to it.
>>
>>60291387
If it's for job related critical stuff don't even bother with LibreOffice.
Microsoft intentionally broke compatibility with the open document format to fuck with Libreoffice. Even if it looks fine for you on Libre it might look like a bunch of garbage to your boss on MS Office, or vice versa.
Libreoffice is only good if you can deliver whatever you have to do in PDF format.
>>
>>60291412
You can do this with Foobar2000
It's called Replaygain. It embeds a tag in the file that will tell whatever you're using to play it to lower or increase the volume by a certain amount before sending the analog signal out so the perceivable volume in all tracks is roughly the same. Works great if you have a playlist with a bunch of old and new songs since old songs tend to be quieter because loudness wars.
>>
>>60283367
doubletwist
>>
>>60289609
are you earning money teaching this?
otherwise no

only certified people i know are working at apple stores, never met anyone else
>>
>>60291439
Worked perfectly, thanks.
>>
File: nexus-s.jpg (50KB, 600x380px) Image search: [Google]
nexus-s.jpg
50KB, 600x380px
Where can I get old cyanogenmod roms? Need a rom for an old nexus S
>>
What's the fastest text input method for mobile devices?
>>
>>60286472
Elbow connectors can be found relatively easily, but they are relatively difficult to solder on your own if you haven't had much practice.
>>
Every time I install the guest additions in an OS in VirtualBox, it freezes the VM.

What should I do?
>>
Would like to learn about bluray burning and scanning, but haven't used optical media for well over a decade.

Where can I learn about it in detail?
>>
>>60291418
FUCK!
Then if I have no money, how, what version should I download?
I need it, like, i get 150 quids a month and it is a lot for me
>>
>>60291602
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298923265
>>
File: daen.jpg (45KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
daen.jpg
45KB, 640x960px
I was convinced I never donwloaded my copy of Windows 10 when I had the chance.
but I just plugged in a USB stick that I havent used in a while and there's a win10 folder.
does this mean that I can install it if I decide I want?
Where would be the activation code? or is it built in the installation?
>>
>>60291888
You can use the microsoft website to download media creator whenever you want. That hasn't changed. If you didn't activate windows 10 before, it won't be active now, unless you pirate it or something.

http://pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7
>>
>>60291944
I faintly remember there were 2 options: either upgrade now or save it and upgrade when you want.
Wouldnt the second case be what I am in now?
>>
>>60291962
That link covers everything. If you never installed and booted up windows 10 at least once, you didn't get the license. You can try the accessibility update if it's still up.
>>
>mouse wheel on my ancient G440 finally died

Is there a list of current top tier mice?
>>
What is the order for CSS Author/User/UserAgent with !important ?
>>
>>60291987
alright thanks
>>
Is AMD A8 7600 a good deal for $120?
I'm going to buy a cheap PC for light gaming (mostly 720p), shitposting, and photoshop.
>>
What can I do if I try to link bluetooth headphones to my phone and the message
>Can't communicate with X
appears?
nexus 5, last update
>>
Why is it that the adblocker I got works just fine on 4chan.
Except, when loading an archived thread that has already died?

What's the difference? The domains look the same.
>>
What do you call Debian with the Hurd microkernel? It's technically not Linux anymore, is it? Is it a GNU distro or Hurd distro?
>>
Im about to go back to uni after working for a year. Id like a new laptop for it. Im probably going to be running Debian.

How good is the xps 13? Anyone got any experience with it.

Im looking at the i5-7200u 8gb 256gb ssd 1080p no-touch version.

Thanks in advance /g/oys

Money isnt that much of an issue but I dont feel I need an i7 or a touchscreen.
>>
I can't use Android usb tethering on my PC anymore

It was working fine yesterday until at one point it has trouble establishing the connection, so I opened the windows network control panel and since I'm dumb I started clicking on things and eventually disabled the connection that windows was trying to use, thinking I would be able to enable it back later and it would work, and now when I plug the phone to the PC via usb and enable tethering in android settings, windows doesn't even detect it.

What do?
>>
>>60292701
Nevermind the phone showed up in device manager and I just had to enable it again
>>
what is it called when you try to click something but miss it repeatedly?
Is it because of a bad mouse?
>>
File: erghe.jpg (13KB, 278x113px) Image search: [Google]
erghe.jpg
13KB, 278x113px
>>60292798
>>
>>60292837
it's at the slowest
>>
>>60287197
Hold it, the free upgrade period ended last year, right? This doesn't still work, unless you activated your w10 license on that machine and rolled back to 7. I'm afraid if you didn't do that, you missed the boat.
>>
>>60292882
>accessibility upgrade
>>
Who makes the good laptops these days?

Looking for something:
>$400-600 usd
>new/refurb, no used thinkpad
>14-15"
>5hr+ battery life
>extremely light 2D gaming (iGPU)
>not a gimped OS like chromebook
>>
I can't open my seven year old .jpeg files.Are they gone forever?
>>
>>60293141
Nice and vague question
>>
>>60293016
Lenovo still makes good ones
>>
>>60293152
What do you mean?What more info do you need?I could open them a year and a half ago but now I can't.Not an issue with the hard disk I imagine since everything else works fine.
>>
>>60293188
Sounds like bit rot from your HDD's rotational velocidensity. You didn't properly exercise those files.
>>
>>60293188
Well I would try to take them off with a usb stick and try it on another computer?
>>
I'm on w10, if I reset my pc but use the option that keeps my files, will my softwares (the ones like my daw or editing softwares) be deleted along with other applications?
>>
>>60293245
Does .bmp or .png get affected by what you said?

>>60293263
I'll try that thanks.
>>
>>60291639
plugging in an external keyboard
>>
>>60293016
>no used thinkpads
>literally fits all the criteria + more than 5hr battery life
>>
I'm going to run two commands monthly in cron. On Debian Wheezy, will there be any surprises using this?
SHELL=/bin/bash
@monthly echo hurr > /some/file && echo durr /another/file
>>
>>60293490
Aren't the typical neckbeard approved thinkpad models some 10+ years old? I doubt those can even play HEVC. I'd love to be wrong about this.
>>
>>60293586
typical approved, yes
but shit like T550 and T450 exist that fit your budget and will blow any other laptop in build quality department, even if you might find a bit better specs for the price
>at least it doesn't fucking cave inside when typing on the keyboard
>>
>>60286516
>>60286534
I'll be starting this weekend. Thanks for the peace of mind.
>>
This is kind of a weird question, but I'm going to get a summer job in IT where I'll primarily be fixing computers, building computers and helping with software related problems that customers have.

Now the problem is I know jack shit about computers. I'm the kinda guy that somehow by blind luck manages to fix every computer related problem I've ever had by googling for the solution.

I kinda look a bit "nerdy" and lied a little in the interview so I got the job. I now have about 3 and a half months to get a good grasp on computer related stuff.

I checked the /g/ wiki and It's great, but I would love to hear from somebody who's worked in the IT support section before. What sort of things should I learn about and what's not worth the time?

I've been looking up how to build a PC and I think I'm getting a good grasp on it. I just think all the cables and whatnot is the part I'll have problems with if I was forced to build one right now.
>>
With 8gb of RAM do I need swap space? I could use the space.
>>
>>60291991
is g440 not a mouse pad?
>>
>>60294039
You'll be fine.
Building computers is easy. Plugs come in small variety and only fit their own slots. Just be mindful of static, tap metal screw drivers off on the side before using them, etc..
>>
>>60294039
>I just think all the cables and whatnot is the part I'll have problems with if I was forced to build one right now.

why do you think you'll have problems with cables
you pretty much just plug things where they fit
>>
Are OSX programs written in Swift nowadays or are they still written in Objective-C?

Or is Swift just purely IOS?
>>
>>60294052
i recommend having it but your computer will function without it
if you can't afford to use 4-8gb for the swap file you should get a new hard drive
>>
Cheap and reliable way to mass store anime?
raid 1 with seagate drives?
>>
>>60294145
What is the point of it anyways
What issues could I expect it I deleted the swap partition
The size issue is my ssd is small and fills up fast and my bills are too over whelming to buy a larger one without dipping into savings.
>>
My uncle asked me to help him connect his work and home computer to the cloud today. I'm leaving soon. He didn't give me any more details, so I'm not too worried about messing things up. But I am worried about security, what with the leaks from celebs like JLaw from the cloud. So, how much risk is there in me, a first timer, fucking things up security wise when I try to connect his two PC's to the cloud, whomever hosts it?
>>
>>60292661
Gents?
>>
>>60294228
>the cloud
>the cloud
>the cloud
>JLaw

what the fuck
>>
>>60294313
That's what he said, the cloud. No company, name, nothing.
>>
If I do product designs as a freelancer, would it be a mistake to look for a front-end developer from FourChan to partner up with and start a studio? Or would it be easier to browse Upwork for each project individually?
>>
>>60294039
Get a cheap used pc practice taking it apart and putting it back together and installing the OS and getting it on a network

Play with different OSs

Practice for a week or two and you will be fine
>>
>>60290205
>Who dis?
>>
>>60291639
swipe
>>
Is it possible to add Windows Store to Enterprise LTSB?
>>
>>60294552
Preeti and Priya Young
>>
>>60294039
Get those boot failure/video failure flowcharts
>>
File: Untitled 1.jpg (26KB, 383x403px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 1.jpg
26KB, 383x403px
any DXT5 decompression documentation or source code around (Java or C/C++)?

this one
https://github.com/kinztechcom/Riot-Cache-Suite/tree/master/src/gg/raf/suite/fs/file/dds/decompressor
fucks up the alpha channel
>>
>>60283367
hey there /sqt/ quick question
this will be my first build.

i have this asrock AB350m mobo that supports this RAM frequencies
DDR4 3200+(OC)/2933(OC)/2667/2400/2133 ECC & non-ECC, un-buffered memory

the ram I'm looking at is a 2x8GB 2800MHz RAM

28000MHz is not specifically mentioned in the ram support, will i still be able to reach 2800? or will i have to get 3000MHz for it to work?

or just settle for 2667?
>>
>>60285474
Probably not the best option, but I use Videostream and a Chromecast. Has worked well enough so far for movies and tv shows.
>>
>>60294868
Its rated for 2800MHz at that voltage and timings.

It can work at whatever you want.
>>
>>60294070
Whoops, I mean G400
>>
Can anyone say anything good or bad about TP-Link Archer C1200 router ? It seems like the only reasonable choice I have for less than 100 euros that has dual band and gigabit, and it's only 51 euro, would it be a bad choice ?
>>
>>60294915
look at the reviews on amazon
>>
File: 1493341838368.png (936KB, 1280x869px) Image search: [Google]
1493341838368.png
936KB, 1280x869px
Every time after I torrent something, my internet shits itself and crashes every 5 minutes or so for a couple of days.

Is there a chance my internet is being throttled? Or some other weird shit?
>>
I use google calanders to help manage my events but can anyone suggest a better calendar / day timer. I would like to be able to easily add bullet points to my events. Basically a easy way to write notes of what I want done during the time period.
>>
>>60294940
>500 reviews
>ranging from 1 to 5 stars, averaging 4.4
Don't know if this means anything or no, there's no products on amazon that wouldn't have 1 star rating as well as 5 stars and there will always be people with some phenomenal problems with the product
Also I never use amazon as there's no local one, so I'm not sure if their reviews are seriously taken
>>
i picked up xeon e3-2450Ls for use in a hobby server (this post isn't about my purchasing decisions, pls no bully :( ) and I was looking for a way to make a bit of money back off of them. I have fast enough internet to handle hosting, say, minecraft servers, but the lower clock speed doesn't seem like it'd be good for hosting. I know CPUs suck at mining, so what else can I do to make my shekels back?
>>
>>60295012
you're meant to read what they say

start from the one-star ones
>>
>>60294881
thanks
>>
>>60295033
Here's the specs on the CPUs if you need em
https://ark.intel.com/products/64610/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2450L-20M-Cache-1_80-GHz-8_00-GTs-Intel-QPI
>>
>>60295037
As I've said there will always be people with problems, what do I make out of 300 5 star reviews saying that everything works and 50 1 star reviews that say it's constantly dropping connection and just outright dies in a week after purchase
But I've read exactly the same reviews on other routers I've searched before
>>
>>60295061
I also tried finding reviews for it(as in standalone reviews by tech sites or so) but couldn't really find anything useful, as I understand the router is fairly new
>>
>>60294982
does it do the same if you set your torrent client to a low max peer connection limit?
could just be your router can't handle hundreds of connections at once
>>
File: 1494070111119.jpg (72KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494070111119.jpg
72KB, 683x1024px
>>60294662
Thanks senpai
>>
I've got a H115i 240mm AIO being delivered today and I don't know whether I should mount it in the front drawing air in, or on the top pushing air out.

It seems like pushing air out would be dumb, because it would be pulling warm air from the case as opposed to pulling in cool air from outside.

It's for a 6700k, looking for a 4.5-4.6ghz overclock.
>>
>>60295282
I would put it in the front of case pulling air in if youre a heavier overclocker.

If you barely or dont overclock, top of case pushing air out.
>>
I have an old ntfs drive with 200 free space of 1tb
Can I shrink it, change the free space to ext and fill it, and shrink the ntfs part by 200, repeating until it's only ext?
>>
>>60295636
technically yes, but it will take ages as you have to move forward your ext partition every time.

dumb a time consuming but possible.
>>
>>60295636
yea, i've done that before, it's pretty slow though
if you have a reasonable amount of space elsewhere, you should use that for temporary space, cuts down on head movement
also, instead of moving the one ext volume over and over, just leave multiple 200G volumes, and once you've made the final one at the beginning of the disk, expand that, moving each 200G volume worth of data into it
>>
im trying to set up an ecommerce shop for some guy
he wants a customer to be able to enter values for length/width/height, the software to calculate a price based on these values and have the calculated price shown to the customer immediately
my question is what tags do i have to search for to find an addon with a function like this? "dynamic forms" and "conditional" doesnt get me anything useful
>>
https://www.docdroid.net/O7Hf8aZ/p4.pdf.html
working on this for my CSC final project. What should I use to implement the river? I was thinking of using an array.
>>
>>60295864
>This assignment is to be done on your own.
>>
>>60295896
I'm still doing it on my own, I'm just asking for advice
>>
File: file.png (10KB, 866x173px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
10KB, 866x173px
>>60295913
isn't it literally telling you to use an array for it

>
Animal[]

i don't even have to know java to know this is an array of animals
>>
>>60295840
Something like this https://woocommerce.com/products/measurement-price-calculator/ ?

could also do it by setting a unit price in whatever package you use, then add some small javascript to hide the per unit field and replace with l/w/d fields
>>
File: 1483746063333.png (20KB, 729x515px) Image search: [Google]
1483746063333.png
20KB, 729x515px
Didn't really know where to put this, so I guess I'd put it here.

Building a new PC, pic related is my current PC. Hoping to sell it for at least 500.

I was told not to sell the individual parts and to instead sell it as a "Mid-range Gaymen PC".

Looking for advice on where to sell it (Newegg, Amazon, Craig's List, Ebay, etc), and how much I'd get for it.

Thanks.
>>
Why couldn't some older computers boot straight off of CDs? Why did they need a boot floppy in order to do it?
>>
How can I filter a general thread with a title such as "THING GENERAL" using an exact case specific match?

here is what I am using. Will it filter false positives on posts containing "GENERAL", or only the whole string?

/DEAD HORSE BEATING GENERAL/i;boards:vr;op:only

t. cant into regex
>>
What's the best Windows 7 theme installer tool?
>>
>>60296461
only that exactly
test regexes with this;
http://regexpal.com/
>>
>>60296503
thanks anon
>>
>>60296450
CD booting requires BIOS support for the El Torito standard, first published in 1995, became common by about 1998.
>>
retarded networking question:

I have a desktop computer with no wireless card. If I create a connection bridge using an Ethernet cable with a nearby laptop to connect to the router, and then move a file from the desktop to the laptop, would it transfer it through the router or directly through the Ethernet cable?

:-)
>>
When's the last time Solaris got an update?
>>
>>60295670
>>60295758
Alright thanks
>>
whats that program that tests the speed of your ssd drives
>>
>>60297599
defraggler
>>
>>60297697
kys
>>
>>60297599
cumfaggot
>>
>>60297730
>>60297697
The fuck is wrong with you retards?
>>
Best Android OS?
>>
>>60297755
shut up
>>
>>60297599
CrystalDiskMark. For viewing wear indicator use CrystalDiskInfo. There's even an anime themed version.
>>
>>60297513
OpenIndiana was updated yesterday. It's the successor to OpenSolaris.
>>
>>60298085
Does it look like Solaris?
>>
>>60298107
Not by default but CDE can be installed.
>>
>>60298576
The new version is called hipster, should I be worried?
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.