[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that GNU/Minix is the operating system of the future.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: minix.jpg (300KB, 1125x1505px) Image search: [Google]
minix.jpg
300KB, 1125x1505px
Reminder that GNU/Minix is the operating system of the future.
>>
lol thirty character filenames
>>
>>60275930
Why do these things always have shitty logos
>>
>>60275930
GREAT! So all you gnutard faggots should now leave Linux alone and quit trying to rename it.
>>
>>60277006
You do know minix is older than linux, right?
>>
>>60276994
Yeah we need to get /g/ on this problem because logos are their specialty
>>
>>60275930
>GNU/MINIX
Wrong license. MINIX has absolutely nothing to do with GNU, and uses a BSD license.

This is no coincidence, and is in good part the reason it doesn't suck like the fucking HURD.

It also uses plenty of NetBSD code.
>>
>>60278115
wtf does the license have to do with anything
>>
>every stallmanite says that X GNU distro will be the future
>2010+6+1
>gnu systems are still a pile of shit
>>
>>60281107
because they run lunix dude. once they get a proper kernel they'll be good.
>>
>>60281867
Android runs looniz
>>
>>60281932
And now Google's developing Fuschia because Linux fucking sucks
>>
>>60281932
android is a pile of shit
>>
>>60281955
How soon before GNU/Stallman declares it to be GNU/Fuchsia?
>>
>>60281955
>>60281992
>oh noes, loonix can be propietary and closed source that's why it sucks
Stallmanites get triggered so easily
>>
>>60282000
>How soon before GNU/Stallman declares it to be GNU/Fuchsia?
Why is Stallman so autistic when it comes to that shit? When he started pushing around the GNU/Linux meme, it kind of made sense because that's all a linux distro was back then. It was the linux kernel, the GNU toolchain, and maybe a few other utilities and programs like VIM/Emacs or something. Now it's 20+ years later and he's still acting like an operating system is just a kernel and bash shell. It's pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>60281932
>>60281955
>>60281992
Google wants to have more control on the project Android, they don't want to depend on Linus and his faggots. If project Fuchsia success, decentralized software developing will be thrown into thrash (at least for consumers)
>>
>>60282109
>If project Fuchsia success
It won't
>>
>>60282221
Have fun saying that in a couple years once news stories of Google strong arming manufacturers into using it through the Open Handset Alliance and ability to ship phones with Google Play start occuring
>>
>>60282221
>the list of all GNU-based OS that succeeded on mobile
>
>
>
>
>
>>
>>60282253
>kernel
>couple of years
>while supporting legacy software

lol
>>
>>60282265
Comparing Fuschia to GNU just shows you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>60282267
You're aware they've already been working on the kernel for years right
>What is an Android runtime, which Google's already making for Chrome
>>
>>60282328
I have a chromebook and it just is not polished. Google aren't going to put enough man hours into this to make it good enough to even catch up to Linux. They're the kings of putting in 20% effort to get 80% of the work done. Good job, but you still have the other 20%.
>>
>>60282380
Have you considered they're unpolished because they're based on Linux
>>
>>60282442
No, but then I've also not considered that my UX qualms are because of the phase of the moon, because there's absolutely no reason for them to be connected.

Google aren't the first company trying to make their own mobile kernel. Samsung did it with Tyzen, and it was a fucking car crash. Google aren't going to avoid the same issues just because they have a more attractive name. Those NT and Linux kernels that are two of the biggest software undertakings ever? They're pretty hard!

They know this. Which is why they won't dedicate a significant amount of people into it, which is why it will just be another example of competition within the company, as per their MO. They'd rather have 2 horses in the kernel race than 1. And, maybe, they'll get something useful out of it.
>>
If anyone is implying that GNU code is good and/or not bloated then they should kill themselves.
>>
>>60282380
They can get cross platform apps, that's amazing if you ask me.
Now, Google is focusing on the Fuchsia project.
>>
>>60282518
You can get cross platform apps by installing the JVM or Micropython on a microcontroller. There's so, so much more to it than that.
>>
>>60282506
GNU is thrash, I think that's the reason why Google is switching to Fuchsia... Bcz all the GNU thrash that Linux implies.
>>
>>60282535
>microcontroller
Is this nigga serious?
>>
>>60282555
I don't understand your reply. Obviously doing either is ridiculous and not indicative of a strong user platform: that's my point
>>
>>60282538
google doesn't even use anything gnu on android. they're switching because linux is bloated trash that was obsolete when it was released.
>>
>>60282504
Samsung was also never exactly known for software development
>>
File: 1490918073721.png (427KB, 584x900px) Image search: [Google]
1490918073721.png
427KB, 584x900px
Arai-san~
>>
>>60282729
t. pajeet's whose only knowledge of tech companies comes from the gadget industry
>>
>>60282772
Name one good piece of software from Samsung
>>
>>60282772
Tizen is Linux, at that
>>
>>60282790
Oops

>>60282788
That depends what you mean by good, name one from Google
>>
>>60282832
Good code, successful, any of those words that you can't relate with Samsung's software
>>
>>60282832
Android sure isn't a dumpster fire, although it is a dumpster

Chrome is a pretty dang good browser

Google search engine itself?
>>
>>60275930
Why do you feel the need to spread GNU/Cancer everywhere?

As a nice exercise, compare cat from UNIX 7th Edition to GNU cat:
7th ed.: http://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=V7/usr/src/cmd/cat.c
GNU: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/coreutils.git/tree/src/cat.c

Not only is GNU cat bloated out of proportion by useless options that have no place in a simple utility that concatenates files, its source is also much harder to read, partly due to the shitty GNU coding style, and requires frequent comments to explain their "clever hacks".
>>
minix seems like it would be a good os for the suckless memers
>>
Windows is the answer
>>
>>60282000
userland and PoC codes so far has got nothing to do with GNU utilities. You can use both clang or gcc to compile kernel and (primitive) userland so if freetards throw tantrum again pajeets will switch to clang and lldb.

It provides POSIX layer tho
>>
>>60282627
Do you have a superior solution? The world out there is waiting, I mean it is used everywhere and you can bet if you can show off something better they won't hesitate to jump ship.
>>
Reminder that Firefox and Chrome are the competing OSes of the future
>>
>>60285939
Node.js will rule us all.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.