[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a micro usb female splitter a thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: usbsplitter.jpg (88KB, 1109x646px) Image search: [Google]
usbsplitter.jpg
88KB, 1109x646px
I have a Nikon D3000 camera that I want to both have connected to a PC at the same time as having a remote trigger on it.

The problem is they both use the same port on the camera (Mini USB Female port)

I did some checking on ebay but I don't see the type of adapter that I need, so questions:

1. Does Pic related exist? Can this even work?

I know USB is supposed to be able to branch into an ungodly amount of connections, but I don't know if that's only true for PC's or the port in general (Since the camera will be sending data on one connection (camera to pc) and receiving from another (trigger to camera)

2. any help finding one if this is a thing so I can buy it?
>>
Why are tech illiterates allowed to post on /g/?

STUPID QUESTIONS GO IN STUPID QUESTIONS THREAD
>>60270594
>>
>USB is supposed to be able to branch into an ungodly amount of connections
only via hubs.

don't do it. you'll damage the camera.
>>
>>60274116
Thanks for a simple answer

>>60274096
Fuckoff and go write some scripts, pleb
>>
no
the only way you can make this work is by making a custom board that acts as a host and can act as both devices (probably not at the same time, just do something like have a button which switched out of trigger device mode, dumps the photos, and returns to trigger device mode)

USB is point to point, it's not like a network
>>
are you sure there isn't another way to trigger the camera? sounds odd to me that it uses the usb connection
though i suppose it is not a common thing to want to have both the trigger and a computer attached at once, if you need more space, get a bigger card, you could also move photos off the camera without using usb by using two cards and switching them (get a card reader for the computer)
>>
File: a.png (56KB, 166x218px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
56KB, 166x218px
>>60276766
oh yea, there's also these wifi sd cards, haven't used one, but i guess that'd work
>>
>>60276766
not entirely sure to be honest, I know it has a 3.3mm jack next to the USB port, but the trigger device I have utilizes the usb jack (specifically explains theres an alternative model that uses the 3.5 jack on other brands of cameras). I've yet to figure out what the 3.3mm jack is even there for (I'm new to this camera)

It's not an issue about space, I'm trying to optimize productivity for what I do

I take lots of pictures in a stationary space, being able to click a button without touching the camera + having live access to the photos on my PC would speed the process up significantly

>you could also move photos off the camera without using usb by using two cards and switching them (get a card reader for the computer)
That would just be changing a step I currently take (mounting the camera to my PC to xfer pics) without actually optimizing anything, it'd be about the same work/time wise

>>60276793
I have not thought about this, I thought that whole wifi upload thing was built into cameras, not just sim cards. I'll check and see if it gives live access to photos as theyre taken, that might solve the problem, thanks!
>>
>>60277252
>I thought that whole wifi upload thing was built into cameras
when looking for the name of that card, i saw mentioned that some cameras nowadays have wifi built in, yours does not, nowadays being a bit newer than 2009 (your model)
>sim cards
cute
>I've yet to figure out what the 3.3mm jack is even there for (I'm new to this camera)
it's for video out
>>
File: a.jpe.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpe.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
>>60277397
>>60277252
looking at more of the specs, there is mention of support of a wireless trigger, "Wireless Remote Control ML-L3"
that should be perfect
>>
>>60277397
>sim cards

forgive me, I'm a fucknig idiot. To be fair though I've been doing some research about my phone so ill just say it was stuck in my mind

>>60277429
From what I know that device was made for only a few nikon cameras, the D3000 is not compatable with it as the camera needs the wireless tech built into it to sync.
>>
File: a.png (223KB, 1002x1212px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
223KB, 1002x1212px
>>60278164
i check again, this time with the official nikon manual (not a camera review), and it also mentiones the remote
interestingly, the manual also mentions explicit compatibility with the eyefi wifi sd cards
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.