[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Win Bash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
Installed the Linux Subsystem in Win10.
Downloaded and tweaked a Guake style dropdown terminal emulator for Bash exclusively.
Have Bash available at all times.
Try to install metasploit framework for shits and giggles.
Windows Defender blows up because a million files were found with names like "sql exploit" and "java backdoor".
Can someone help me understand how the shared filesystem works?
>>
your phrasing is really weird, like "Try to install metasploit framework for shits and giggles" only makes grammatical sense as an imperative which i dont think you intended it to be. honestly, it sort of reads like you wanted to use green text and decided against it but kept the structure. anyway, i was so focused on that that i did not retain the meaning of even ONE word of your post so i cant help. cheers
>>
>>60272868
That's a good question. Did Windows Defender say where it found those files? I'm still trying to figure out where it exists. /dev doesn't show any hard drives. Ubuntu root isn't Windows root. Dragging and dropping Windows directories into bash can't locate the path.
>>
>>60273013
Nevermind, Windows drives are kept in /mnt. It should would be nice to drag drop directories from Windows into bash and have it translate to the right path.
>>
>>60272868
Linux files are located under C:\Users\**user**\AppData\Local\lxss so any Windows program with the required privileges can access those files
From Bash, Windows disks are mounted in /mnt/**letter**

Hope this helps
>>
>>60272920 it was not intended as a green text, it's not a personal anecdote, it's a legitimate question.

Winbash is obviously not an emulator but a full scale subsystem, but as far as I know Windows doesn't support the Linux filesystem, which is evident when dual booting; Windows will not recognize any systemfiles on a Linux partition.

So how does Windows 10 scan through the home directory of the Linux subsystem?
>>
>>60273068
They probably gave the Ubuntu devs a chance to work with NTFS solely for this purpose.
>>
>>60273063
>60273063
This sort of helps. Good clarification anyway. Does anyone know which filesystem is used for the Bash system? To my knowledge, several Linux filesystems aren't recognized by Windows.
>>
>>60273068
yeah it really sounds like you were trying to greentext this. If you didn't you just write like a retard
>>
>>60273089
That makes sense!
>>
File: 1494009466828.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494009466828.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>60272868
It's a container running on picoservices.

What is a picoservice?

fuck if I know
>>
>>60272868
Add the lxss folder to your defender exclusion list to avoid antimalware service going nuts when you do shit like unpacking big archives with thousands of files or building shit.

Also worth setting up a dedicated folder to work in outside of lxss and add that to excludes too.
>>
>>60273369

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/wsl/2016/05/23/pico-process-overview/

I'm actually having issues with pico processes. They don't work well with stringent firewall settings.
>>
>>60273089
>They probably gave the Ubuntu devs a chance to work with NTFS solely for this purpose.
Source?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.