[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How salvageable is the HP Pavilion a000 from 2004? Apparently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0563.jpg (56KB, 300x381px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0563.jpg
56KB, 300x381px
How salvageable is the HP Pavilion a000 from 2004? Apparently the HDD is iffy and don't have a VGA cable to see if it boots. It does turn on though. Can I use the case for a gaming computer?
>>
>>60268304
How do you not have a VGA cable laying around?
Put it back out into the trash
>>
>>60268304
Do you know the exact specs you have?
>>
>>60268304
Nothing is salvageable, it's a nearly 15 year old piece of shit. The only thing that could serve any purpose might be the hard drive for backup purposes, and only if you were so poor that using a cage on a 5400RPM drive that's smaller than what you can get in a flash drive for <$20 is your only option.
>>
>>60268304
If it doesn't have a 64 on the Athlon, throw it away.
>>
>>60268304
its trash.
>>
>>60268304
An atx board wont fit in that.
You _could_ buy new EVERYTHING and put it in there but at what point do you have to stop and ask yourself "why".
>>
File: 1336707692704.jpg (32KB, 381x380px) Image search: [Google]
1336707692704.jpg
32KB, 381x380px
>>60268304
>from 2004?
>>
>>60268304
Use the case for a Raspberry Pi
>>
Are there cheap cases with a similar early 2000's aethstetic
>>
Case is usable. That's really about it. That's a MicroATX case, though. So you're not gonna fit anything better than "just decent" inside it.

That being said. Use it for installing Gentoo. Use Puppy Linux on it. That thing's probably less powerful than your average SBC. So, unless you're gonna play with it like a toy, it isn't good for shit.

You could spend $350-$500 putting new parts in it. But that would just be mediocre at best.
>>
File: PskNpVM.jpg (37KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
PskNpVM.jpg
37KB, 600x400px
>>60268304

>and don't have a VGA cable to see if it boots.

You are a fucking scrub. Get to a thrift store and buy some god damned VGA cables. You fuckers can master "fizzbuzz" and other homosexual job interview coding tasks, but lack basic cables to get a computer up to speed?

I am disappoint.
>>
>>60268359
case
>>
>>60268304
God damn this board has become retard normies central
>>
>>60268304
might want something with better ventilation
>>
Its probably 478, if so throw away. If its >>60268452
maybe. If its 775, and depending on the motherboard, could be OK. Prescott is OK
>>
Can you back up the recovery partition on it if it still has one?

I have an a000 myself that I'm willing to restore.
>>
>>60268304
I remember having one of those, they had one on demo display at best buy running Battlefront II and my little brother broke the case trying to stand on the shelf it was on to see the screen.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.