[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any cool cheap piece of technology that isn't really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: final_cb_0086.0.jpg (895KB, 2625x1907px) Image search: [Google]
final_cb_0086.0.jpg
895KB, 2625x1907px
Is there any cool cheap piece of technology that isn't really well known in the mainstream?

Preferably below 200$
>>
>>60265094
I like pocket radios
>>
It goes by a variety of generic and proprietary names, but it's basically an electrically driven active window frosting. Stuff goes either clear or translucent depending on power input.

It comes rather close to your budget to do even a single window, but I think it's a pretty cool piece of tech. See if you can get it on the cheap from China.
>>
>>60265259

Other anon but interested - is it a film that you apply onto your window, some sort of coating you put on it and then attach wires to directly, or what am I supposed to imagine here?
>>
>>60265094
yo moms dildo
>>
>>60265278
The brand "Smart Tint" will lead you to a manufacturer's product pages, but it's a film with either an adhesive side or meant to be taped by its edges to a window. Yes, it's then driven by a power source with some kind of on/off control.
>>
Any RasPi ripoff

Heck, even the Pi itself, depending on what you define as "mainstream"

Build your own pocket PC and make it look as hipster as you can. Install Gentoo and rice it to look like Windows95.
>>
>>60265315

Thanks for this, will be looking into it just because this kind of shit fascinates me even if I don't end up getting it for myself.

>>60265339

Related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZc5gUKcRZA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWlZ3B_hq_g
>>
>>60265094
dat Karlie Kloss Koder Kit
>>
>>60265130
are rechargeable pocket radios a thing?
>>
>>60265094
What is that mini-laptop on the far left, second from the top?
>>
>>60265389
Basically this, yeah, that's what I had in mind. It's pretty easily doable for under $200 (even if you get a more expensive board to be able to run a sane GUI web browser and maybe even a touch screen), and you have full control over how it actually looks and works so you can make it as un-mainstream as you want. Swivel PC?
>>
>>60265411
I think so. Probably more expensive than the ones that take batteries. Mine takes two double A's and i haven't replaced them since christmas time. Just use it on the bus to see why traffic is held up or if the power goes out for entertainment. Rechargable ones are still probably pretty cheap. Been thinking of upgrading to a cassette/radio player.
>>
>>60265411
Even if they aren't, the following items are things:
>pocket radio
>LiPo/Ion pack
>recharge/boost board
>soldering iron

That's literally all you'd need.
>>
>>60265094
A USB dongle that is also a humping dog
>>
>>60265507
>Been thinking of upgrading to a cassette/radio player.
Are you from the 1970's? How do YOU know how to use a computer, let alone post on an Argentinian cattle-roping board?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.