[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people pay actual money for a windows license when building

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: akari 2992.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
akari 2992.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>people pay actual money for a windows license when building their PCs
Why would you waste $100 on intellectual property licenses when you could spend it on something real like a better GPU?
Not to mention, most people buy the OEM builders windows kit, on machines they're building for personal use.
That means if you don't immediately resell the computer you built, you're violating the terms of the OEM windows license and your legal standing is equal to that of someone who pirated windows.
>>
one day when you will become an adult
>>
I'm building a pc. What should I do?
>>
>>60263600
>Not to mention, most people buy the OEM builders windows kit, on machines they're building for personal use.
That means if you don't immediately resell the computer you built, you're violating the terms of the OEM windows license and your legal standing is equal to that of someone who pirated windows.

lol is that actually true, because if so.. that's hilarious
>>
>>60263753
Installing Gentoo
>>
>>60263973
No, OEM windows just doesn't come with support, you can use it for personal use.
>>
>>60263600
I mean if you're going to use Windows for whatever reason then you ought to pay for the license.
>>
Step 1. Get legit Windows 7 key off fleabay for $5 (or free if you can find a photo of a key on a laptop or PC)
Step 2. Clean install with DVD
Step 3. Activate
Step 4. OMG you didn't have to pay for Windows!
>>
>>60264008
Obvious bait
>>
>>60264050
How is this bait? It's a premium product, if you think it's superior to any available alternative, you either pay the license fee or switch to the alternative. Boasting about Windows being superior while advocating for piracy of the said product makes you sound like a retard.
>>
>>60263600
Post rare Akari
>>
>>60264101
I'm not saying windows is superior, I'm saying it's not worth spending money on especially when you can easily get it for free.
>>
Is it possible to pirate W10?
If not, then buying whatever functioning Windows version would be done for the purpose of having a working W10 installation, regardless of how legal it may be.

People who willingly give MS money when they can get their products for free are mentally challenged, so who cares what they do?
>>
>>60264143
>w10

Why would you do this when 7 is fine and actually better for ease of use? This is the same argument as going to 8 "which would be great for business" yeah ok msshit just hand me my letter of fuck my shit up and kick me out the door. I see no reason to switch to 10 right now besides Dx12, and that still isn't being utilized yet by most applications/games.
>>
>>60263973
>>60264004

It's actually true.

Part of the fine print legalese in the license conditions on Windows OSes starting with, iirc, Windows 7. Afaik if you go by the book, you also need to use the OEM pre-installation kit to prep the OS instead of using a normal install.
>>
>>60264101
You realize the "premium" version of Windows 10 that's worth using and is recommended most often here is ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH PIRACY, right? Consumers can't buy an individual LTSB license.
>>
>paying for software licenses
>paying for movie licenses
>paying for music licenses
>>
>>60263600
>he doesn't want to support microsoft
>>
>>60263600
don't post stupid shit with akari image

now upload that akari folder for my friend
>>
>>60263600
Posting weeb shit in my board? Unacceptable.
>>
File: asuka.png (2MB, 2287x1542px) Image search: [Google]
asuka.png
2MB, 2287x1542px
>>60265294
say hello to my wife who will bear my children
>>
File: 1493903659192.jpg (90KB, 800x431px) Image search: [Google]
1493903659192.jpg
90KB, 800x431px
>>60265294
>t. manlet faggot
>>
>>60263600
Just get a key off kinguin for like $15, activates fine and is legit
>>
>>60263600
why post a blank image?
>>
>>60263600
How did you create a thread without an image?
>>
>>60263600
because I'm not poor
>>
>>60265294
what's so weeb about his post?
I don't see anything.
>>
>>60264022
> (or free if you can find a photo of a key on a laptop or PC)
That would be real theft
>>
>>60263600
Paying $1000 for some plastic and metal
>>
The same reason they waste $50 on poorly coded and untested software that will only make you lonely by isolating you from direct human interaction and convert your time into nothing of value?

Gayming.
>>
>>60263600
>have disposable income to build computer
>too poor to buy a better gpu while still buying license
>could use money to invest or improve self to improve income instead of a 4chan shitposting machine with the best nvidia/amd has to offer to afford everything more easily

Honestly, I didn't know /g/ was full of poorfags, I can understand linuxfags, macfags, and even botnet fags for pirating windows because they think it is an inferior or shoddy product. But you're going to say you have enough money to drop on a computer, but you don't have enough to drop on an OS that you're paying for. And hey, Microsoft and the government really don't care about your OEM violation as much as they don't care about your average pirate.
>>
>>60270035
>paying for intellectual property
>>
>>60265294
>my board
>posts /v/shit
no
>>
>>60263600
Why would you install a cracked version that's likely rooted and sending your keystrokes to Russia? Retard.
>>
>>60264251
I agree, but sooner or later you're going to have to change for one reason or another.
New hardware that's not fully compatible with W7 is one reason people are already switching.

Anyway, WHY people use W10 is beside the point.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.