[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lost while codig

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

How do you deal with this shit?
When you made a code based on your own algorithm, along the process you realize it would be better if you made some changes.
I'm sure you know what I mean.

The thing is there are so many things to change at some point I get lost and lose track of the changes I want to make so many thing going on in my head I even go numb.

I failed my first exam when I started classes and this problem is still here.
>>
>>60262140
You'll get better at it eventually. Or you won't. Who knows? I can keep track of multiple changes across 20,000+ lines of code projects but then I'm turboautism incarnate.
>>
>>60262140
What the hell is wrong with her lips? o.O
>>
>>60262140
That's why pro use version control such as git
>>
>>60262140
Heavily commented code and GIT
>>
>>60262140

don't prematurely optimise
>>
>>60262902
What do you mean?

>>60262488
>>60262382
How does GIT help?
I'm really beginning on this subject.
>>
>>60263612

Write code that works first; make it fast later.
>>
>>60263612
Commit git revision everytime you make sizable changes with proper message of what you've done, you can easily track your changes later
Make new branch if you want to try another algorithm, if its worse you can comeback to your first implementation

It's a godly tool for developer anon. Should use it as much as possible
>>
>>60262140
Make each function only do one thing. Avoid mutation. Then when you feel like changing the internals of any function, you can do so without affecting the rest of the program.
>>
>>60262163
this, to be honest
>>60262294
yeah, it's like there's some disgusting alien parasite substance on them
>>
>>60262140
Modularize or seperate functionality that is commonly used to minimize change, or seperate variables etc. so you can easilly modify them.

Comment everything so you know what it does. Read a book on naming variables and functions. Be strict with your logic and make it organized
>>
>>60264036
I didn't mean the lipstick.
>>
>>60262140
>When you made a code based on your own algorithm, along the process you realize it would be better if you made some changes.
>I'm sure you know what I mean.
Use polymorphism and pure fonctions.
Divide functions up.
>>
>>60264114
I dunno, then.
Image manipulation artifacts?
>>
>>60263643

Underrated yet most important post on /g/ in at least three years
>>
>>60262140
Implement the shit version, write the changes down
Refactor after it's working
>>
>>60264141
More like someone abused the liquify tool in photoshop.
>>
>>60262902
>>60263643
This
>>
>>60262140
Dunno use a notepad
>>
>>60262140
This is normal. Factor your code into smaller subroutines. Give the subroutines names that remind one what they do. Use comments more.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.