[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is something you always wanted to exist, technologically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170506_112657.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170506_112657.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
What is something you always wanted to exist, technologically possible, yet nobody ever created it?
I've got the chance to make it, so I ask you guys for ideas
>>
>>60261237
mouse on your finger to be used on any surface
>>
>>60261604
Cool, but do you mean it as moving your thumb on your index much like a trackpad, or move your index on your desk using your desk as a trackpad?
>>
thicc laptops with battery life as primary goal
>>
>>60261237
An LCD overlaid on a CCD sensor to allow different exposure values for different parts of the image.
>>
Soundproof bed chambers.
>>
>>60261237
A secure and productive operating system and suite of general office software, as well as a web browser, all of which respect my privacy (meaning that there is NO telemetry at all)
>>
>>60261667
I think he means the latter, because that would be dope
>>
>>60263793
That was already done I think, the edgy-looking laser projected one
>>
>>60263697
this a thousand times. everything popular is botnet and all of the obscure stuff is either completely abandoned or unusable
>>
>>60261237
A machine that vibrates a plate a certain frequency. On that plate is a box of lucky charms cereal. The plate will vibrate at a frequency which will sort marshmallows to the top and all the other bullshit to the bottom.
>>
>>60261237
A waifu sexbot. Yes it is technologically possible but is still prohibitively expensive.
>>
a weapon to surpass metal gear.
>>
A zipit z2 but with better specs
I love the design and form factor
>>
>>60261237
>What is something you always wanted to exist, technologically possible, yet nobody ever created it?
Make myself happy.
>>
>>60266232
Already in the making
>>
A laptop with a pure PCI-e x16 port adapter to a PCI-e x16 backplane.
Like thunderbolt, but less gay and faster.
>>
Smartphone batteries in the 20kmah+ range
>>
>>60261237
suicide booths
>>
>>60266492
That isn't possible, a lithium battery that size would be huge, chemistry needs to go forward and find an element that stores energy better. Unfortunately there's currently no need for more capacity (unlike space for more transistors, reason why graphene is being tested over silicon), so we won't see that for quite a while.
>>
>>60261237
Browsers that aren't vulnerable to malware and endless popups.

How hard is it to just add a setting that limit the maximum number of popups that appear on screen and configure a key to force close everything?
>>
>>60266496
Unethical, wouldn't take off. Keep in mind I'll be doing what I think is the best of the ones presented, but profit is also necessary, can't live on instant ramen for ever
>>
>>60261237
https://youtu.be/di3aJHvMPJg
This was posted on /diy/ just now. I'd say it would fall under this catagory. It's some kind of revolving spoon device for soup.
>>
>>60266496
The demand is already satisfied by tall buildings/bridges/bridges/train tracks/etc.
>>
Make this except with a bigger screen.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/andromium/the-superbook-turn-your-smartphone-into-a-laptop-f
>>
>>60261237
We need some free as in freedom wifi drivers over here at GNU/Linux.
>>
>>60266214
Keked a fart out
>>
File: dickapp.png (234KB, 1220x608px) Image search: [Google]
dickapp.png
234KB, 1220x608px
clearly all funds should be put towards making this
>>
a bed that doesnt make my bed hurt
>>
Sword art online style virtual reality
>>
>>60268709
Ready Player One style virtual reality
>>
a phone that's at least 2cm thick so it can have a decent battery and a very good physical resistance, running stock Android, targeted to rescatists and people who travel a lot.

So a phone that makes fucking sense.
>>
DragonModZ to be finished.
>>
>>60266163
just this pls op ;-;
>>
>>60262097
current thinkpad x/t lines.
>>
An application that lets me model my own onaholes that I can then order directly from the factory.

>>60263568
That would be really cool. Would probably make ND filters manufacturers a bit mad though.
>>
>>60266491
Dude what? I don't think you quite understand what you're talking about. What you want is thunderbolt, or, if you want a free standard, expresscard. Making a full PCIE interface in a connector that small costs too much money and R&D to be an open standard for now, but we'll get around to it eventually. For now, the market isn't catering to people that don't even have the money for real computers, 'cause they'd likely not have the money for that either.
:^)
>>60266626
The technology exists, it's called (anything except for firefox) + ublock.
>>
File: 1494079978001-int.gif (168KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
1494079978001-int.gif
168KB, 500x272px
>>60261237

A highly durable ereader that could power itself entirely through solar energy.
>>
>>60269264
pixel on project fi
>>
>>60266693
That's gay because it's easier to cram electronics into something laptop-sized than phone-sized. If you're going to be carrying a laptop-sized piece of crap, limiting your performance to what can be squeezed out of a phone is just dumb.
>>
weather controlled sleeping pods. Think a tent/sleeping bag, but you could literally sleep inside this thing nice and cozy and you could put it ANYWHERE. It would require some kind of very small AC unit for the summer and heater for the winter.
>>
How about a G-shock equivalent smartwatch? Not sure if it can realistically be fully solar powered, but it could certainly extend its battery life that way. The main point though would be durability. Surely we can make tough capacitive screens now, and shock-resistant electronics inside a particularly durable case.

Alternatively a flip-open lid to protect the touch screen? Maybe a really simple LCD for instant info (such as the current time), could that be made durable enough? Then you flip it open to actually use the touch screen.
>>
>>60269453
Normies don't need the extra performance. They just need enough to run a word processor and angry birds.
>>
GNU torrent client copy of utorrent 2.2.1
>>
Something like 8pen but not discontinued.
I tried novakey but you can't chain letters into gestures. So I have to individually type every letter, which ends up being slower than a shitty swiping keyboard (such as the google keyboard).
>>
An easy to use stream/sync service so you can watch movies with friends

There are plenty of things that do this, but for local files? Nada.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.