[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Patient portals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: index.png (6KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
6KB, 225x224px
Let's just start by saying i'm not too good with technology or programming.
I've been using a patiƫnt portal for a while for reasons.

Now i've been wondering how something like that would be created. The basic steps of what they do to make one.

Does anyone know in what direction I should look? Any things to look up to find the basics.

Greetings, an interested guy
>>
>>60260431
Using CSS, JAVASCRIPT, MYSQL and a server such as Apache and server language like PHP.

there's no simple explanation.
>>
>>60260622
Thank you for your information.

But what steps should you take to make one you think?

I think It's something like
1. Figure out why you would need it
2. Research your audience
this is where i get confused. 3. Code it.
4. design it.
5. test it
6. use.

Again. I have no idea how i could find out how they do this
>>
>>60260431
Creating a patient portal is the same as creating any old web page.

The difficulty comes in getting the patient data, and keeping it secure to the standards demanded by the government of whatever country you are in.

t. health-sector software developer

Btw, if you ever want to get into Health software, I recommend learning about HL7, the Health Standards group.

Specifically, read about HL7 2.3, HL7 2.4, and FHIR. These are the standards that are most commonly in use today.

https://www.hl7.org/fhir/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_Healthcare_Interoperability_Resources

FHIR is the newest data standard that they are pushing to replace the older standards.
>>
>>60260691
In short, most modern web applications such as the one you're describing follow the MVC model: model, view, controller.

The controller is written in a server language such as PHP, C#, Node.js, or Java. There are many other options as well and each has pros and cons. The controller basically accepts a request from a user (for example typing in patientportal.com or clicking a button on your site will trigger an HTTP request to the server/controller) and builds a response. That response is going to be the page you view or some action, e.g. updating data in a database.

The model is an object (class) or number of objects which represent some real life concept. For example you might have an object Patient, Medication, Allergy, Doctor, etc. Typically the controller will generate these models from data it has stored in its database or data entered by the user. So when a user hits a page, the controller sees it and may respond by pulling the data for the current patient, the medications they're on, their doctor, etc. to build an actual model of whatever data it needs to represent/show the user/manipulate.

The view is the actual page you see and is generated by taking bits and pieces from the model and putting it into the page. So the controller builds a model, and the view might then have the Doctor's name, Patient's name, etc. embedded in the page. The view is usually created with a combonation of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

Bear in mind this is a very basic explanation. The MVC model really shines when your model gets so complex that you need to use this concept, for example when dealing with complex approval chains, conditions, and all sorts of other shit that requires dozens or hundreds of entities/objects to represent.
>>
Not op but great explanation of what the mvc model is. Thx anon.
>>
>>60261308
>>60261095
Thank you. this was a great explanation. Easy enough to follow:)

thanks again
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.