[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GNOMEfats: This doesn't bother you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: BIG FAT TITLEBARS.png (548KB, 1147x582px) Image search: [Google]
BIG FAT TITLEBARS.png
548KB, 1147x582px
Is there any way to merge the tabs with the titlebar, like every modern browser can do in literally any other operating system than modern desktop GNU/Linux?
>>
Fuck a goat
>>
>>60258605
o yea?
>>
>>60258564
Chromium already has support for client-side decorations and Firefox will probably implement it in the future.

You can find it in settings, but that would imply you are not completely retarded and can set up a fucking browser.
>>
>>60258776
I genuinely cannot fucking find what I'm trying to find to the point where I'm inclined to believe it doesn't exist. I have the possibility to use "system title bar and borders", which makes it look nicer but does the opposite of what I'm trying to do by making the title bar just a thicc bar with no buttons or anything on it, and disabling that makes it look ugly as fuck, but at least merges the title bar with the tabs.
>>
>>60258801
>system title bar and borders
Yes, that's the thing. If it's unchecked, Chromium draws client-side close/minimize/maximize buttons and removes the title bar.
That's currently the best you can get out of it since UNIX tradition has always kept applications and window manager separate and client-side decorations only became popular recently (read: last five to ten years) mostly due to the influx of Windows refugees.
You can try using the GTK+ theme (there's a button for that in settings too) to match the color somewhat, but that's about it.
>>
>>60258801
It's not really possible on GNU/Linux because of none of the toolkits can do it.

I don't know the specifics, I only know this because on the latest Firefox screenshots for compact themes people on the Linux reddit were crying about not being able to do what windows and mac could.
>>
>>60258564
I don't want that shit merged, it looks retarded
>>
>>60258975
>Windows refugees

?

I'd say applefags, if anything. Facts are that integrated title/menu bars and client side decorations have been pushed first hand by fucking GNOME designers for aesthetic purposes. The KDE guys, as usual the most rational ones of the bunch, rooted for consistency and more sane server side decorations.
>>
>>60258564
Learn to rice.
>>
>>60258564
>GNOME
Just discovered the DE doesn't have minimise or maximise buttons by default.

What a meme release Ubuntu 17.10 is gonna be. From what I've seen Gnome fights against you using your computer more than anything. It's not intuitive, the oversized desktop icons, no global menu, no HUD, the inconsistens between the gnome shell and the rest of the theme, the suspend button that i have to press and hold wtf?? You need to tweak a lot to get some basic features. I like minimalism but that's too much of a barebones.
>>
>>60261010
You're not supposed to minimize apps, you're supposed to use the overview and push up against the top bar to maximize. I like GNOME but the way the developers force their definition of the ideal workflow for you (if you don't know what undiscoverable means in UI just try GNOME) is fucking stupid. Everything else is pretty damn snazzy though and there's more than a couple themes that try to get rid of the wasted space.
>>
>>60261010

Ubuntu going back to GNOME is going to be a major setback in the history of Linux DEs. I was hoping to see that technically obsolete and undermaintained turd called GTK get extinct in a matter of years, and instead it's coming back in full force on the most popular distro. What's worse: it's loaded with form-over-function crap and forces a highly opinionated, non customizable by design workflow that some hipster views as the new way to do computing.

https://davmac.wordpress.com/2016/07/05/why-do-we-keep-building-rotten-foundations/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.