[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does my Mac book pro retina 13 inch 2015 heat up so much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Why does my Mac book pro retina 13 inch 2015 heat up so much when doing 3D stuff?
>>
Because it's a laptop and you don't do 3d stuff on it.
>>
>>60256188
It was listed as being the best laptop for 3D though.
>>
>>60256221
You should know what you are buying according to the specs.
>>
>>60255995
Because it's a shitty Apple device with atrocious cooling system and garbage CPU/GPU. Congrats for falling for the MacBook Pro meme.
>>
>>60255995

Because you got the 13". That thing has a Iris Pro in it. If you wanted a real heavy lifter, you should've gone for the 15".

>>60256254

Misleading. MacBooks tend to do more with less, so a raw comparison of spec sheets will be flawed.
>>
>>60256458
>Misleading
Nah, it has an intel GPU.
>>
File: oh-wow[1].jpg (59KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
oh-wow[1].jpg
59KB, 500x375px
>>60256221
>>
>>60255995
Why does a phone break when you throw it at a wall? Because that's something you aren't supposed to do with it. If MacBooks were intended to be good with 3D shit, you wouldn't have made this thread.
>>
Give it back...
>>
>>60256221
You simply don't use a portable paperweight to perform one of the most demanding real time heavy lifting.
>>
>>60255995
Because the 2015 model is thinner than the 2013 model and they changed the heat threshold when the fans spin up to way too late, just to have it quieter. Have fun with the throttlebook.
>>
>>60255995

1) I'm pretty sure Apple's decided to use the entire aluminum body as a heat sink.

2) Macs don't mind running hot. They'd rather keep the fan off or very low and run toastier temperatures. As long as you don't get too hot, it really doesn't matter too much. 90% pointless to run fans high when you're well under thermal limits.
>>
>>60256221
how retarded are you?
>>
>>60256458
>MacBooks tend to do more with less, so a raw comparison of spec sheets will be flawed.
>Quadro vs HD graphics
>tend to do more with less
fuck off
>>
>>60255995
This is Apple's brilliant lap warming technology iHeat™.

Simple. Elegant. Affordable.

Never be cold in winter again.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.