[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me /g/!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (452KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
452KB, 2560x1920px
Hey /g/, I know this is not a tech support board, but I am having a strange problem that I can't find a solution for, and I believe you guys can help.

So I am trying to install Windows 7 from a USB onto an HP laptop that is currently running Linux Mint. The USB boots into Windows 7, gets past the home screen and the language selection, then I receive the error message that you can see in the picture.

I can install any flavor of Linux onto this laptop with no problems, this only happens with my Windows 7 USB, which I have confirmed works on other computers.

What should I do?
>>
Kill yourself.
>>
>>60249667
Don't use USB3, Windows 7 doesn't have drivers for it...
>>
>>60249726

What do I do if the laptop only has USB 3 slots? Will I just have to burn a disc?
>>
You need to find the drivers for the USB 3.0 ports you have on the computer and include them with the installation media. That's what the installer is complaining about. It doesn't know how to handle USB 3.0 natively.
>>
>>60249696
You first
>>
With that window up, remove the drive and put it in another port then press ok.
>t. Someone who has dealt with this at least half a dozen times
>>
>>60249770
You deserve to be gassed, you subhuman shit smear. Your parents should be executed for not having you aborted.
>>
>>60249822

I tried that, it does not work.
>>
So I think I have figured it out, I have to inject the drivers into the Windows 7 install file and then try the installation. Wish me luck /g/
>>
File: dr.png (161KB, 1600x1120px) Image search: [Google]
dr.png
161KB, 1600x1120px
>>60249667
Make a bootable USB stick with Windows 10 then copy the install .wim from Windows 7 to it (it's a large file, about 2,7GB - 3GB)
Both iso files must be the same language

Here are resources if you need isos:
http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
https://tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php
>>
>>60250167

Will try this, thanks
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.