[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is more durable? USB micro or USB C?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0106.jpg (27KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0106.jpg
27KB, 480x269px
Which is more durable? USB micro or USB C?
>>
>>60249549
USB C. I hope it won't replace Type A completely though, it's still way better, Type C was clearly only made for mobile shit.
>>
Look up "usb-c loose". Quarter of a million results in just a year.
>>
USB c is better than micro USB in every way

But USB a is still light-years more durable
>>
>>60251846
loose is better than completely broken. 100% of the micro USB ports I've ever used have ended up broken such that they need to be at an extreme angle to charge, which makes the problem worse so that eventually the port stops working all together. I have a hard time believing that USB C ports will degrade that badly. Remember that it's a given that a complex port like that will degrade over time.
>>
>>60251988
You'd rather have a wife with a loose vagina than a broken one? Cuckolding is the thinking man's fetish.
>>
File: 1478045454159.jpg (15KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1478045454159.jpg
15KB, 900x675px
>>60249549
Lightning > *
>>
>>60252059
Loose faggot. That bitch's only purpose is to bear my children, if she can't do that she's worthless.
>>
>>60251988
My micro usb port on a device from 2012 still works flawlessly, same for my 2.5 year old note4. Stop being an angry nigger and treat your stuff with care.
>>
>>60249549
micro usb is so fragile a sneeze could fuck it so I'd hope USB type-C is more durable.
>>
>>60252072
>proprietary crap
>pinout isnt actually reversible
>fragile as fuck
10/10 made me reply
>>
File: 1479550773775.gif (1MB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
1479550773775.gif
1MB, 600x340px
>>60253609
>>proprietary crap
lmao. all the best shit is proprietary, retard. cables are super-cheap.. even at the dollar store.

>>pinout isnt actually reversible
LMAO. CONFIRMED for a motherfucking retard.

>>fragile as fuck
Now you've done it. You went FULL RETARD, Mr Pajeet/Tyrone/Jose/Mohammed.

Stay mad, stay poor, stay fucking stupid!
>>
>>60253676
he's right about the pinout though:

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/apple/apple-lightning-connector-what-you-need-to-know-1106884

tl;dr the connector has a microprocessor in it that auto routes the current according to how it's plugged in
>>
>>60253676
>>>pinout isnt actually reversible
>LMAO. CONFIRMED for a motherfucking retard.

tbf he isn't technically wrong. only one side of the connector makes contact with the pins in the receptacle. the pins on each side of the connector are just the flipped version of the other side.

but of course that doesn't matter, since ultimately the connector can go in either way and it justwerks.
>>
>>60249549
C by far

Micro has those latches that break easy
>>
>>60253742
>tl;dr the connector has a microprocessor in it that auto routes the current according to how it's plugged in
So he's wrong. You can reverse the connector.
>>
>>60254167
point missed completely
>>
File: Screen Shot.png (33KB, 185x729px) Image search: [Google]
Screen Shot.png
33KB, 185x729px
>>60253609
>pinout isnt actually reversible
It is. The cable is absolute garbage but it's still reversible.

https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Lightning_Connector
>>
>>60254255
no, it's you who missed the point. you can reverse it and it will work. period.
>>
>>60254289
>>60254298
he's saying the PINOUT isnt reversible. the cable relies on a processor to redirect current if its plugged in "upside down"
>>
>>60254406
who cares??? it just works.
>>
>>60254502
>lightning cable processor gets fried
Where's your god now?
>>
>>60249549
USB C by a wide margin. My brother has low functioning autism, and thus low motor skills, so he tends to be rather crude with some things. USB micro got wrecked constantly.

USB type C is reversible, and slides in nicely. It's rather nice for that.
>>
>>60255623
>My brother has low functioning autism, and thus low motor skills, so he tends to be rather crude with some things. USB micro got wrecked constantly.

seems to explain some of the other posts in this thread.
>>
>>60254167
All connectors are reversible (ignoring physical shape constraints) if you stick a processor in them that automatically reroutes the pins. Why even have a a connector? Just shove a bunch of copper wires in there and let the processor figure out how to route the signals.
>>
>>60249592
Do usb 3 standards reach the same capabilities as usb C?
>>
the pins that keep the micro usb in tends to work harden and eventually get stuck or break off.
>>
>>60251988
m8 you must be some kind of retard, I've never had an USB port break. I even have my 13 year old ipod classic usb charger working with no issues.
>>
>>60249549
C is convenient, but it keeps disconnecting at least once every drive to work and back home. Never had an issue with micro falling out.
>>
>>60255623
stop buying cheap micro-USB cables.

It's the prongs on the bottom that fuck up in like 90% of cases, and cheap cables make them terribly flimsy where they get bent even used normally
>>
>>60253609
I've had an iPhone 6 since it came out. I've plugged that Lightning cable in and out several times a day, every day and it's still snug and works perfectly.

I have several micro-USB devices (phone, tablets, batteries, etc) and most of them, the cables weakened in some way, usually needing to be replaced. In worst cases, the ports give way and ar no longer snug.

I don't like proprietary, but I can't fault the Lightning cable other than being massively overpriced.
>>
File: applequality.jpg (268KB, 1280x801px) Image search: [Google]
applequality.jpg
268KB, 1280x801px
>>60249549
Type-C, by a very long way, and it was explicitly designed as such.

Micro-A's little retention teeth break easily on cheap castings and this results in failing to make except when tension is applied - Micro-A simply isn't designed for very many plug/unplug cycles (although more than Mini-A), but on the up side it is at least designed so the plug fails, not the socket.

>>60256431 is right that this tends to be only a problem on cheap cables, but the trouble is a lot of people buy cheap cables.

>>60252072
I note you cropped out the shit part. Pic related.

>>60255718
USB Type-C can route 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1 Gen 1 and Gen 2 signals, as well as basically any other electrical protocol on some pins with Alternate Mode negotiation.

If USB-C has a problem (and it does) it's that with so many possibilities, not every cable is rated for everything, and until the production gets better the issue is going to be less that the cables fail early and more that they simply don't work... adapters can be much more hazardous however, as that Google engineer found out when he started testing them.

(But at least that means the shit ones can be returned as unfit for purpose.)
>>
>>60258470
Shit, I meant Micro-B, not Micro-A.
>>
>>60251846
microusb had the same problems initially, mainly down to shitty ports on phones.

On my gopro the usb-C port is strong as fuck
>>
>>60258470
>>60258478
kys
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.