[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Delphi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

I learned my craft two and a half years ago.
In a small company where we exclusively use Delphi for programming.

After 2.5 years I feel like shit with my skillset. Especially when I look at projects other coders have to work on.

All the people I learned with are lazy slobs that don't have to do any coding on their job (I'm serious, they come to work for 2h and then simply go home and nobody cares).

I know of the saying that "delphi is dead", but I disagree with that notion, as it allows for some deep level-programming that I didn't see in other languages like Java and C# (granted I wasn't exposed to them as much as I was to Delphi, I think those languages allow for that kind of stuff too though), it is also used for game development and you can interface your hardware with it.

I just feel like I need to work on harder projects than desktop-applications for database management to be of any value as a programmer and to outgrow my own thoughts of inadequacy and uselessness.

Have any of you ever felt that way?
Did you escape from this spiral of suffering?
If yes How?
Am I overthinking things?
>>
>>60249391

OP here
bumping for visibility.
I'm mostly a lurker on this and other boards with occasional comments and contributions.

I felt like opening a thread since any other place I could think of for discussing my issues wouldn't yield any results. And many people simply wouldn't "understand" my perspective.

I feel like on this board the users are simply more competent and won't hold back with what they have to say.
>>
>>60249511

bump
>>
>>60249564

another bump

I wonder if this thread will get any replies
>>
>>60249619

bump
>>
>>60249665
well I think this thread will simply die.
I'll post it again some other day, when I haven't killed myself before then.
>>
Diversify your skillset.
>>
>>60249391
If you can't learn new languages quickly, you were never cut out for programming as a career in the first place. Change is rapid and swift.
>>
>>60249391
It makes me happy that there are still some people who want to improve themselves in some way. Alas, I have no advice to offer but I hope you find your way soon. You deserve it.
>>
>>60249391

It depends what field you want to be in. What are your overall career goals?
>>
>>60249818
>>60249866
>>60249891

I'm mostly steered towards low-level hardware programming.
I've bought an arduino uno for example.
but I'm not just content with that I also want my software to be able to talk to my hardware.
>>
>>60249963

Maybe you should writing drivers and learning assembly. I have no experience with low-level work though, so hopefully another anon can help.
>>
>>60249891

A friend of mine for example works in a company where they use graphics to control entire industial plants.
he is supposed to work with them after his training ends in 2 months.
that would be something I'd like to learn.

unfortunately they aren't hiring.
>>
>>60250006

I figured drivers and assembly would come up sooner or later. I've been reading some stuff about serial communication and drivers the last few days and today came up with the idea to hook up my XBox controller to my pc and display whatever inputs I make on it on a Window.
>>
>>60250146

I know that there is the XInput.dll on windows-systems that allows you to "communicate" with the controller but I have yet to find a documentation on that dll.

I don't know if this is the right direction to go towards though.

I also tried web-development with javascript, html and php but it didn't really hook me.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.