[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Burglars IRL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1499999999999.jpg (184KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
1499999999999.jpg
184KB, 780x439px
How does /g/ deal with them? where I live there're frequent robberies especially when summer comes, because of all the kebabs and gypsies around here (yurop).
I'm currently using a bunch of cheap wifi IR sensors that just make loud noise when they detect something, there's no real monitoring system and the batteries need to be replaced often.

I've seen low-cost full alarm sets that also come with central control PCs on some online stores but they're chink shit, I don't know what to expect.
Should I go for one of these sets or make my own system? I got a rPi coming next week that I was going to use as seedbox but I wonder if it could come in handy for this.

The ideal system for me would be a wired one, connected to PSU and with cameras that record and store in NAS or upload to synced folder through satellite connection and send notifications to my phone, maybe through a SIM with the cheapest plan I can afford.
>>
Did anyone try something like this? in addition I was thinking about something more complicated, like using palm-sized drones hidden in corners over furniture, with teasers attached to them and that would automatically take flight and shock the burglar in case of intrusion.
On a scale from Autism to Possible, how autistic do you think this idea is? I don't have much trust in my neighbors, I bet they wouldn't even call the police if they saw burglars stealing my shit, they might even join in the fest so I'm pretty much on my own.

An acquaintance of mine, last year was robbed to the point that he almost killed himself, all his electronics, his car and other valuables he had home disappeared in less then 20 minutes time when he took his dog out for a shit once and none of his neighbors saw anything, you can imagine how bad is the situation here.
>>
>>60248078
A gun, just shoot the fucking nigger.

I'm not even from the US.
>>
>>60248100
I don't have a license and it's useless when I'm not home.
>>
>>60248078
i lock my door lel
>>
File: armored-door.jpg (290KB, 597x900px) Image search: [Google]
armored-door.jpg
290KB, 597x900px
>>60248128
I have an armored door and of course I always lock when I go out, they're fucking beasts, they climb buildings and enter from windows, my windows aren't reinforced.
>>
File: 4L_EjJ6gJlV.jpg (22KB, 745x530px) Image search: [Google]
4L_EjJ6gJlV.jpg
22KB, 745x530px
>>
>>60248087
No technology is really going to be effective in stopping a robbery. Just informing you that you are being robbed. Just put some bars on your windows and get a good door with a good lock.
>>
>>60248225
Also, criminals are looking for easy targets. So long as your house doesn't look easy to rob. Then no one is going to bother. If you had anything worth stealing you wouldn't be living in that neighborhood
>>
File: boiler.jpg (19KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
boiler.jpg
19KB, 500x334px
>>60248225
but let's say I have to go away for a week or two during winter when there's almost nobody in my town, I've no one I can trust with my house's keys, bars aren't completely invulnerable, buglars will get rid of them, I've heard of people who had their external boilers stolen, if they can remove that without being detected, bars won't do much.
>>
>>60248281
>So long as your house doesn't look easy to rob
I asked on /diy/ once and they said the opposite, they told me burglars go for the ones that look like could have more valuable shit inside. Bars on windows really give it away.
>>
>>60248100

I work at a police station. IT guy specifically, not a cop.

While this scenario is talked about all of the time, it's very rare. It may seem like it's common because everytime it happens it is mentioned in the news, but for every home invasion type scenarion there is probably thousands of empty house burglary.

Even some of the dumbest nig nogs understand that burglarizing a home when there is no one home can maybe carry a 2-3 year sentence typically. Maybe even get off with probation or house arrest if it's your first offense. Conducting a home invasion is guaranteed hard prison time, 15+ years etc. If rape, murder or whatever is involved there life is pretty much over as well.

The police also care exponentially more when a home invasion happens versus a burglary. When your home gets burglarized when you are away, the cops will show up and take a few pictures. Then pat you on the back and say "I hope you have good homeowners insurance" and that's about it. Maybe after dozens of reported cases they may start getting enough information together to make like 1 arrest with barely any evidence...

When a home invasion happens, you have a county wide manhunt with half the task force out looking for the suspects. They WILL get caught.
>>
I'm in LONDON, also in one of the poorest bourgue, just a few days ago my relative friend came over a night with his vechial and some person broke the window of it and took his bag, it appears the person was black
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.