[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are finally able upload your consciousness to a computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1486810075516.gif (2MB, 260x320px) Image search: [Google]
1486810075516.gif
2MB, 260x320px
You are finally able upload your consciousness to a computer and must choose an OS for the rest of your life, which one is it and why?
>>
>>60242196
Plan 9
Because it's the coolest os.
>>
Ubuntu 10.04
>>
>>60242291
Best OS I've ever had. Gnome 2 was amazing. It worked perfectly even on my shit netbook back then.
>>
>>60242196
Fedora. It's what Linus uses. :^)
>>
System 7, so that at least the abject horror of still not having escaped this world would be short.
>>
>>60242196
macOS
>>
>>60242196
Windows 10 Home Creators Update
>>
>>60242372
Windows 10 enterprise edition.
>Install linux
>upload consciousness
>consciousness is not supported
I'll rather get data mined and regular safety updates.
>>
TempleOS
>>
File: 1493866918347.png (124KB, 750x780px) Image search: [Google]
1493866918347.png
124KB, 750x780px
>>60242196
Win10, I will join the worldwide botnet
>>
File: Joker summoning Satanael.png (426KB, 439x330px) Image search: [Google]
Joker summoning Satanael.png
426KB, 439x330px
>>60242428
This is the only correct answer.
>Not ascending to heaven in OS form
>>
minimal OpenBSD
small enough that I should be able to understand the source tree in a reasonable timeframe and make further enhancements to suit my needs
>>
>>60242196
Linux so I can update without having to kill myself and then get someone to revive me each time.
>>
>>60242782
good luck surviving without gnu
filthy casual
>>
>>60242196
The last thing I want is system instability if my consciousness is at stake, so VxWorks.

Frankly, anyone who doesn't choose a RTOS is a fucking idiot.
>>
File: consider following.jpg (21KB, 366x324px) Image search: [Google]
consider following.jpg
21KB, 366x324px
>>60242196
>You are finally able upload your consciousness
this is phisically impossible there is no such a thing as
>you are finally able to upload

for you to be part of machine your actual brain would have to be integrated in to machine and mentained

Even if you are able to make exact digital copy of your brain it wont be you so you wont transfer to the digital brain.

tldr you will die any way so whats the point
>>
>>60242196
The most stable OS and the paradigm of the 'just werks' philosophy: macOS

Then I'll upload my dog's conciousness to iOS.
>>
Windows Vista so I can experience a disastrer after the other like IRL
>>
>>60242196
win10 ltsb
>>
File: InstallTempleOS.png (36KB, 473x690px) Image search: [Google]
InstallTempleOS.png
36KB, 473x690px
>>60242196
TempleOS you CIA niggers
>>
>>60242196
LFS
>>
>>60243036
>Even if you are able to make exact digital copy of your brain it wont be you so you wont transfer to the digital brain.

Wrong.

Imagine that you could replace individual biological neurons by nanomachines. As long as the replacement is made one by one and you stay concious during the whole process, you wouldn't notice the difference.

It's not the biological brain that matters, it's the continuity of your brain processes.
>>
>>60243094
yes if it was possible to do that way than may be you could consider the being to be still you but than we got an issue of you being not only the layout of neurons and information in them but also the resoult of biochemical reactions that influance your perception you would have to simulate those.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.