[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cannot detected any sata devices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: HP_TW_DX5150_01.jpg (60KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
HP_TW_DX5150_01.jpg
60KB, 900x900px
What is the reason the compuer DX-5150(ms-7050 rev2.0 motherboard) doesn't want to detected any sata devices? I have tried pretty much all the bios options+ defaults, different psu, ram and hdds/dvds and there was absolutely no difference. I saw there are leaking capacitors but can that really by the reason even though it has no problem detecting ata drives? Is the sata controller completely dead?
>>
If you see leaking capacitors that could be just one of a list of problems that motherboard has . Is it old ?
>>
>>60240660
>leaking capacitors
Have you tried discharging them?
>>
>>60241012
Its not mine so I don't know for how long it has been used but it looks fine.

>>60241012
I didn't nor know how. But shouldn't the sata work necessary of that?
>>
>>60240660
Sounds like the SATA controller (or at least, data lines running to it) is fucked.
>>
>>60241058
Open up the case and post a pic of the board.

If it is what I think it is though its entirely possible it's been hit by the capacitor plague, which on that model of board tends to knock out the onboard video and/or sata ports.
>>
File: IMG_20170506_120958_001_COVER.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170506_120958_001_COVER.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
>>60241151
>>
>>60241410
Yep, exactly as i thought. You got hit by the capacitor plague. I count 5 failed capacitors in this limited image alone.

You will have to replace the motherboard. While it is possible to "re-cap" a motherboard so that it functions properly again (as i did with mine), its definitely not for people who don't really know what they're doing.

Replacement boards are available on ebay, but you're looking at about $60-$70 for one.
>>
>>60241456
But will the sata work for sure if the caps are replaced?
>>
>>60241473
Hopefully, yes. But you will have to replace ALL of the failed capacitors (surefire way of knowing is that their tops are bulging, regardless of whether they're leaking or not) on the motherboard. Each capacitor will have to be replaced with one of the same ratings (both voltage and uF rating). Rubycon is the recommended brand to use as they're the best in the business.

Can you get better pictures of the board?

If re-capping or directly replacing the board is not possible with the same model due to budgetary reasons, there are other socket 939 motherboards floating around out there that would work well. Best case scenario with that is you can simply swap all of the parts over to the new board and go. Most likely scenario is you'll be forced to re-install hardware drivers or forced to reinstall windows entirely.
>>
>>60241524
What if I use sata to ata converter? I really don't want to waste my time doing anything more than that considering how cheap it is but like I said its not mine so I have to pretend I fixed it. If I knew it has the caps problem I wouldn't have taken it.
>>
>>60241555
It should work. Is it booting now off the PATA ports?
>>
>>60241570
I first have to get the converter to know but the ata DVD works fine.
>>
>>60241585
Well, against my better judgement of using a known bad board, go for it. Just don't be surprised when the board gives up the ghost entirely. That board is going on 13 years old now.
>>
>>60241410
Wow. Just replace that shit?

Caps are definitely busted and this is so ancient that it should long have been written off.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.