[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one install Unity on Arch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Wc0sIk8.png (423KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Wc0sIk8.png
423KB, 1366x768px
How does one install Unity on Arch?
>>
>>60236252
come on man. Is it really that hard to google? Everything you do on Arch should be done according to the official Arch wiki.
>https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/unity

Looks like a lot of your packages will be replaced with patched Ubuntu versions. Careful with that.
>>
>>60236299
These niggers really expect me to manually go through each folder and compile?
>>
>>60236326
It's really not that hard. I started doing it once but stopped just because I didn't want to replace any of my packages.
>>
>>60236252
Use Ubuntu
>>
>>60236578
But Ubuntu sucks
>>
>>60236578
You don't win l33t hax00r points with that.
>>
>>60236591
No it doesn't, unless you are autistic about muh bleeding edge
>>
>>60236595
>You don't win l33t hax00r points with that.
If I wanted "l33t hax00r" points I wouldn't want to use Unity
>>
>>60236591
ubuntu is alright, it's just that you have to use apt and hunt for PPAs every time you want to install anything.

I know, I know, but that's really your only practical way of using it until it gets a proper port to other systems. I suspect you'll see it become more available once GNOME becomes the main DE for Ubuntu, just like MATE was created by GNOME 2 enthusiasts.
>>
>>60236641
enjoy your linux 2.5.5 LTS
>>
Why would one want to?
>>
>>60236326

why are you using arch?

you seem like more of a debian stable kind of guy
>>
>>60236678
Because it's better than Gnome shell in every way.
the only DE that can compete is Plasma.
>>
>>60236677
>muh version numbers
typical, it's 4.8 btw
>>
>>60236697
>4.10
>>
>>60236693
The AUR, bleeding edge, very easy and quick to setup with Arch Anywhere
>>
>>60236696
Install lxde and move on with life who needs bellls and whistles?
>>
>>60236712
not on LTS, of course you can install a newer kernel if you want...
>>
>>60236727
>setup with Arch Anywhere
kys you fucking brainlet
>>
>>60236757
I have installed it manually before as well, but I find Arch Anywhere very convenient. Why shouldn't I use it?
>>
>>60236757
Anyone can install arch without it but why would you?
>>
>>60236252
>How does one commit suicide with a futa blow-up doll?
>>
>>60236366
Not OP, can't you just use '*' to compile everything in the downloaded git folder at once?
>>
>>60236252
Why would you do such an ungodly act?
>>
>>60236326
If I'm not mistaken it comes with a .sh file that, if chmoded/chowned it install it all for you, prompting every now and then for permission.

BUT I think Unity is not worth it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.