[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wifi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 8963_big.jpg (131KB, 1000x639px) Image search: [Google]
8963_big.jpg
131KB, 1000x639px
So I just move into the city and don't want to pay the Comcast Jew. I have Xfinity wifi across alley and has been use that for my phone and laptop get a solid 15-20 mbps. When I bought turd for my desktop I'm only get 2mbps. Did I fuck up? Is there some type for super antenna I can buy this thing or not? Don't Make me pay the Comcast Jew pls.
>>
File: 61U3CK2yODL._SL1500_.jpg (92KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61U3CK2yODL._SL1500_.jpg
92KB, 1500x1500px
>>60232990
>he feel for the internal wificard meme

serves you right. i have pic related and it werks just fine.
>>
>>60232990
Get a router and use it as client/bridge mode.
>>
File: 5476765765765.jpg (8KB, 220x191px) Image search: [Google]
5476765765765.jpg
8KB, 220x191px
>>60233350
?
>>60233065
That'd be even shittier I'm like 200-300ft away from the source at least.
>>
>>60233450
Buy a wireless router. Set it up as a "network extender" / "repeater" for the target wireless network. Enjoy strong wifi signals and high speeds.

Also, make sure that there are no large metallic objects between your desktop's antenna and the target wifi network. One apartment I lived in was setup so that the laundry room was directly between my room, where my desktop was, and the living room, where the wireless router was. I couldn't get any wifi signal with my desktop on the floor but when I set it up on my desk (above the level of the washer and dryer) then it worked again.
>>
>>60233519
Damn I'm gonna have to try that. Recommend any routers? I can put it with a clear line of sight to the building I'm getting wifi from. Would a router be able to connect to Xfinity wifi it's kinda wierd and requires a sign in
>>
>>60232990

Do you use windows?

Try uninstalling any drivers athat windows may have installed thhen see how it runs, then install drivers from Gigabyte's website and see if thats any better.

If not, uninstall that driver, go to device manager and "uninstall device", then scan for hardware changes, let it do w/e it does after that and test the wifi again.

This fixed my shitty wifi card in windows 10
>>
>>60233584
It should work, all the router is doing is repeating the signals that the other wifi router is sending out and transmitting whatever you're sending. I'm not 100% sure though, you should do some online research before you go out and buy a router.

I don't have any router recommendations, just get one with whatever is the newest/fastest wireless technology and is supposed to have decent range. If your phone and laptop can connect to the wifi with no problem then a decent router shouldn't have any issues.
>>
>>60233637
I'll try this. I figured a 35$ wifi card would be better than whatever's in my phone and laptop.
>>
If you REALLY want to assure good connection, you can buy an enterprise level router/AP

https://unifi-hd.ubnt.com/
>>
>>60232990
what about a cantetnna?
>>
>>60235125
This sounds perfect. Going to look into this tonight.
>>
>>60232990
I had a gigabyte one and it had some shit drivers, I can't remember if I let windows autoinstall what it wanted or if I got from their site but one set was definitely better.

See what kind of reception you're getting, you can easily replace the antenna or the actual wifi card depending on what's the issue. Just get some 2.4ghz/5ghz n intel wifi card from a laptop and you're probably set
>>
How did you manage to get into the network? I would love to get a antenna and have some sort of backup connection.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.