[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USB mixer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 13_1.jpg (73KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
13_1.jpg
73KB, 550x550px
Ok anons, quick assistance. I'll probably also ask /music/, but I figured I could also get my answer here too.

I'm looking for a USB audio mixer (pic example) that I'm able to assign volume levels of individual programs to each slider.

So say I'm playing a game, talking to friends on a voip program, and also listening to spotify. Is there any mixer/accessory I could simply plug into a USB port to manually assign and control volume levels for those individual programs?

Getting tired of alt-tabbing out of a game just to silence my music so I can hear friends or in-game audio better, too tedious.
>>
wrong sub, try /pcgaming/ :~)
>>
>>60222203
bumping for interest
i trash-picked a more robust USB mixer from the same company (Behringer Xenyx Q1202USB) that I use with my BM-800 mic
there are plenty of useless knobs like OP's pic and I would like to put them to good use.
>>
>>60222476

I'm looking to just use the main channels. I highly doubt the extra knobs can be assigned in such a way, since theyre probably EQ-like adjusters.

I'm just wondering if a mixer of this type (software included) has the potential for me to assign specific, separate programs to each "main" channel/volume knob/slider.

So I know a few streamers have behringer mixers and they often have music playing during intermissions, and they often reach over and can adjust the volume of the music, their microphone, the voip program their using to talk with other gamers/streamers, the volume of the game their playing, etc. Without ever having to go to desktop, to the stupid windows volume mixer.
>>
>>60222457

That board doesn't exist. Do you mean /v/?
>>
Basically the only way you can do this is with applications set to output on multiple assigned sound interfaces, then each of those outputs is fed into the mixer. From the mixer you then connect your headphones to the monitor out.
Use this to assign applications to the sound devices - http://www.chevolume.com/
Get a few of these on a USB hub - https://www.amazon.com/Syba-SD-CM-UAUD-Adapter-C-Media-Chipset/dp/B001MSS6CS/
Then connect each USB sound device to an input on the mixer.
>>
>>60222606

Chevolume is perfect as software for what I'm looking for, but again, im looking to make it so I can physically adjust the different volume levels for each of those programs. Simply put, a physical version of chevolume.

Yes, there's a million mixers out there, but is like to know if any allow me to do exactly ^this.
>>
>>60222575
i was suggesting that you should return to reddit, where you came from
>>
>>60222606

Sorry for double post, but I'm looking to have all of this go straight to my headphones.

I have a sound blaster zx, which I got a while back to fix some technical issues I was having on my pc, which also came with a volume amp (image). It's nice, because in able to adjust the total volume my computer outputs all at once, so if just my game is running, and I want to be able to hear things more loudly, I just turn the knob without having to alt-tab out, or go into the master volume in-game. HOWEVER, if I were to also be listening to spotify, or had YouTube auto playing in the background, and I turned up the volume, not only would my game get louder, but the music/video would increase to "uncomfortably high" levels.

So ideally, if I were able to assign my main computer volume to channel 1, chrome to a separate channel (2), and voip (mumble, teamspeak, discord, etc.) To channel 3, and individually be able to adjust those with the sliders *physically* using a USB mixer, instead of having to switch to a different software window and adjust them there, that would be ideal.

If that's not available (the product just doesn't exist), I completely understand, but I can only hope or assume someone else has already developed something that fits this niche.
>>
>>60223124

I don't even use Reddit. Hello? I mostly lurk, and rarely post.

I'm not some newfag, I'm an oldfag thats been on and off this site since 2007 era. Hop off my jock you wannabe elitist cuck.

Keep that mentality on /b/ where it's funny
>>
File: 714Gi+PkGOL._SL1500_.jpg (180KB, 1500x1362px) Image search: [Google]
714Gi+PkGOL._SL1500_.jpg
180KB, 1500x1362px
>>60223136

Forgot the image, woops
>>
>>60222553
The computers USB output is given as a complete signal and a main "USB return" for these kinds of mixers. USB mixers that can send several and recieve several individual channels over USB get expensive, but the analog variants (which you could just plug in a laptop headphone jack or streaming tv output) are on every mixer including these USB mixers with many adjustable analog input channels but are only capable of one-channel USB output/input
They're using mixing software probably, or a MIDI control surface (not necessarily a mixer) to control their software
>>
autohotkey works with midi. map a cheap fader controller to your volume and call it a day
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 1181x304px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 1181x304px
>>60223136
Mixing software and a midi control surface, may want to put that on autorun or it'll be annoying to load every time you turn on PC
Actual mixers that do this multi-channel USB get expensive, but something like these programmable buttons and sliders are dirt cheap, your best bet is to assign this to control a mixing software
I can't think of a lightweight and background-friendly mixing software though, I use heavy ass DAWs
>>
>>60222553
And their microphones are plugged into a seperate mic input channel on the mixer, for one. They can EQ and adjust volume/mute on that at will, that has nothing to do with the computer
>>
>>60222203

The only way im aware you could do this is to have a multichannel in/out audio interface and an analogue mixer hooked up.

You run interface outs into mixer in channels and hardware mute what you dont want to listen to and run your mixer outs for things like mics into inputs on the audio interface.

You may need software to set outputs of various programs to specific outputs on your interface, at minimum id suspect you need a 4 out 4 in soundcard, but you may need more.

This wont be very cheap desu, couple of hundred dollars minimum i suspect.
>>
>>60223886

I said mixer out, i should say mixer bus outs. Your main outputs would be your speakers and headphones..

Probably looking at 150 dollars for a mixer with 4 buses and 150 for a 4in4out audio interface, probably another 50 dollars for cables too.
>>
>>60222606

Is there no way for the windows mixer controls to just be assigned to a midi interface with faders?
>>
>>60223960

Guy from the above two posts.

Yeah im wondering that, essentially what the guy wants is a kind of mackle control but outside of DAW software.

Im not familiar with anything that can assign mixer control via the windows mixer settings.

But im pretty sure multi out soundcards would let you select output channels in audio settings of software, at least for his music out and voice program, in theory... even this could be an issue though, it may require two seperate soundcards desu.

This guy essentially wants 6 seperate mono, outputs from his PC, totally doable with a cheapish soundcard, but getting the specific software to output audio on those channels, then routing those into a hardware mixer and getting his mic to loop back in on a stereo input is more fucking around than i think he realizes.
>>
>>60222203
Alesis USB Multimix 8 is what you want. Current gen has full USB 3 support and is superior to their last-gen Firewire versions.

Stay far away from anything Behringer unless you love wasting money
>>
>>60224126

Not sure how thats gonna help, i tbink this is bad advice.

I think he needs 6 channels of outputs m8, he doesnt need the inputs.

I think he needs a 6 out audio interface with his outputs going to at least 6 inputs on a hardware mixer, and a stereo bus output on his mixer going to an audio interface stereo input.

Thats his, game audio, spotify/vent etc, voice chat going out of their own channels into a mixer and a mic plug into another channel, sent to the audio interface input via a bus.

He can then mute and control all received and sent audio seperately via the mixer.

He would have to assign speicifc audio interface outputs in the sound options of the software, ie spotify 1/2, game 3/4, skype 5/6, with his skype loopback audio on input channel 1/2 of the audio interface coming out of an audio out bus on his mixer, his mic would be plugged into channel 7/8 on a mixer.

So he needs a minimum of an 8 channel mixer, with prob a stereo bus, and a 6 out probably 2 in audio interface.

Thats without considering if he can even get the software to route to the seperate audio outs on the interface without using special drivers or software etc.
>>
>>60224126
>>60224240
why would you do any of this when you can use autohotkey to control the windows mixer with a cheap midi controller
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.