[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LG G6 vs Samsung Galaxy S8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 50-1.jpg (178KB, 2560x709px) Image search: [Google]
50-1.jpg
178KB, 2560x709px
Which is better?
>>
>>60220916
Moo
>>
>>60220916
One Plus 3T
>>
G6 spies on you less. Also, I'm still not sold on this curved display not being activated by my palm
>>
File: 1469950316718.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1469950316718.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>60221146
This, all the other phones have abhorrent cooling and take eons to charge.
>>
>>60220916
LG G6

The curved screen meme needs to fucking die already

The glass screen protectors never fit the curved screen quite right

Your fingers keep fucking up and touching the screen on the sides making the Galaxy do shit you didn't mean to do

just give it up samsung, flat screen is the way to go
>>
>>60221770
love this .webm

Care to show one of how well each of those devices retains their apps in memory?
>>
>>60221770
I came to this board to help me figure out which phone I should get and after seeing your post and doing some research I might be sold.

I wish the camera was better and there were more case options
>>
I got the S8+ a couple weeks ago. The curved edges are a stupid ass gimmick and are rather useless , and the fingerprint sensor is in a retarded spot. Besides that, the phone is gorgeous. Other than those 2 things, I don't think there are any flaws in my opinion.
>>
>>60223962
The speaker is also shitty but that's the trade off for waterproofing I suppose. Plus it comes with a nice ass pair of headphones.
>>
>>60220916
camera is better on the G6
>>
>>60220916
The one that doesn't bootloop
>>
>>60222101
Not that guy but android and ios treat multitasking quite differently. ios doesn't keep anything in memory, why do you think iPhones always have worse specs?

Android keeps things running in the background and in the ram, closing disused apps once it runs out of resources. When you resume something it already has all it's required resources available to it except drawing the screen.

ios doesn't do multitasking, it shuts all third party apps down once you leave them. I've not tested it myself but apparently you can't download something from a third party app and move to doing something else as the download will stop after a maximum 10min window that can be requested. Apple's own apps are exempt of course. This means all apps will relaunch at the same speed since none are kept in memory, only certain APIs like audio for playing music.
Third party apps get suspended, not kept running in the background so while you can suspend half a dozen with less ram, they must reengage certain resources since they would not have, for example, any priority with the cpu until they are active.

>tl;dr
>Android is traditional
>retains apps in memory until it runs out and kills older ones, switching to them takes no time
>apple imposes some weird limitations
>apps suspended or killed, never actually multitasks or keeps things in the background
>relaunching apps come with only half their resources and the rest need to be reloaded/requested
>ios consistent because technically never kills anything but relaunching can be slower

So for your question, you should be asking how many apps can android keep in ram vs how fast can the cpu in ios load an app into the ram.
>>
>>60221146
>No microSD Slot
Into the Trash it goes
>>
>>60221786
This! Fuck "2.5D" / curved screens!
>>
>>60220916
>China vs Korea.
Eat shit
>>
>>60221753
S8 does not spy on anyone and you can have Knox, on G6 you cant have any type of encryption whatsoever.
>>
>>60228441
Both from Korea
>>
>>60224038
old meme
>>60228770
>knox
you realize just how much fucking battery life knox draws, right
>>
Neither
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.