[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alternatives to onenote

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 175x175bb.png (14KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
175x175bb.png
14KB, 175x175px
I want a program which allows me to plan on a "digital whiteboard" where I can use images, crosslinks and easy text editing without signing into a microsoft account every time.
>>
xournal
>>
>onenote
oh great, more of that corporate buzz-word shitware that doesn't actually make you any more productive. This is like people bringing iPads with their resumes on them to job interviews instead of just bringing the resume
>>
File: 1493855396002.jpg (48KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
1493855396002.jpg
48KB, 680x598px
>>60219466
emacs
>>
>>60221085
What programs do you use for productivity?
>>
>>60221085
Makes sense, all those fucking companies hand you an iPad to type all your information into anyways.

Fucking cunts, makes visiting their booth at the career fair take about 50 times longer, and I'm sure they just burn the resumes while cackling.
>>
>>60221085
I actually find it very useful lol. Shithead.
>>
>>60221430
Apple does this. Their recruiting booths are literally just an iPad with jobs.apple.com and that's it.
>>
vim
>>
>>60219466
just pirate the retail version
>>
>>60223754
Does that stop the cloud connection requirement of the built in windows 10 version?
>>
A folder with .txt files
>>
>>60223776
exactly
the windows 10 version is just cloud trash, like office 365

the retail version is an standalone app
it is not very good in my opinion, but at least is exactly what you describe: a canvas to draw, paste images, create workflow charts and stuff like that
>>
>>60223819
What would you recommend as an alternative?

I would also like the ability to link page with in text links similar to wikipedia.
>>
>>60223834
you are maybe looking for a mind mapping application. there is a whole article in Wikipedia about that

for note taking over documents, drawpdf is king

for true note taking, as in having pen and paper, Nebo is hands down the best available

for wiki content, Zim is really cool

that is basically what I use. any new addition is appreciated
>>
>>60223874
>you are maybe looking for a mind mapping application

Yes, but with the capacity to store articles/essays.

I'll check this Zim out
>>
>>60221085
it's one of the few things made by microsoft that actually works
>>
>>60219466
>I want a program which allows me to
Emacs
>>
onenote is glorious, but pretty much one of a kind. Emacs org mode is the closest alternative I've found and I'm sure you can make it do images somehow, but not in such a slick way as onenote does it with all its fast clipping widgets. Some poeple like evernote, but I don't

You can make it sync to a sharepoint if you'd rather do that than sign on to a microsoft account.

Onenote and excel are what keep me running windows, great productivity at work
>>
>>60226930
That's not even an excuse to run Windows. I love OneNote but I run the online application and it's the exact same thing in Linux.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.