[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which browser do you use and why? :^)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 10

File: 12265440.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
12265440.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
Which browser do you use and why? :^)
>>
Iceweasel and Firefox Nightly. Best available.
>>
Firefox 28
>>
>>60211610
i use firefox for gmail and general browsing
and chrome for discord
>>
>>60211615
Isnt iceweaael just a recompiled version from debian ?
>>
>>60211657
Yes, it doesn't have trademarked artwork and has few modifications.
>>
>>60211666
Oh ok thanks ^^ and which ones ?
>>
>>60211681
Proprietary plug-ins are not included by default.
Apparently Debian killed Iceweasel and switched to Firefox.
No idea why Parabola uses it.
>>
Chrome. Too lazy to install chromium, FF is slower than snails and Opera gives me eyecancer
>>
>>60211715
Parabola cares about proprietary non-software as well, even if the project is abandoned "freedom" is a higher priority.
>>
>>60211610
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>60211610
Pale moon because of extensions
Cliqz because of gecko engine

I always try to give preference to gecko based browsers rather than webkit/chrome/blink
>>
File: palemoon.png (78KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
palemoon.png
78KB, 256x256px
:^)
>>
>>60211915
Yes :^)
>>
>>60211986
>>60211990
>>
pale moon
all the shit i need, less ram issues and customizable interface, i don't know why it isn't more popular
>>
>>60211610
Firefox
Addons/user-scripts
>>
Waterfox and Light(Firefox variant)
>>
>>60211872
So is playing original Doom instead of Freedoom sin or not?
Are they communists?
>>
>>60211610
Iridium
>>
Chrome

It just works. Unlike all those *other* browsers...
>>
Chrome. Because I have 64GB RAM.
>>
File: nightly.png (138KB, 620x277px) Image search: [Google]
nightly.png
138KB, 620x277px
Firefox Nightly compiled from source several times a day
>>
>>60212371
Iridium is literally chrome though, except without the botnet.

Personally I really hate the chromium UI and platform, but if you like it, then there's literally no reason not to use Iridium.
>>
Firefox on my laptop, chrome on my desktop.

Battery vs no battery. Thread over.
>>
Firefox, son. Everything else feels bloated as fuck.
>>
>>60212716
So you compile more than actual browsing? Gentoomen are indeed delusional.
>>
>>60213163
Modern firefox is just as bloated my friend.
>>
>>60213295
>not compiling while you are browsing
>>
>>60211610
Pale Moon with some About:Config tweaks and Memory Fox Next.
>>
Chrome on Windows, firefox on Ubuntu.

Firefox on Ubuntu because imo it works better there than it does on Windows.

Chrome on Windows because that's what I had before I switched almost full time on linux.
>>
Chrome. Fastest. Cleanest UI. When I develop Chrome does exactly what I want it to do. Firefox fucks up some margin, padding of elements. IE does that same PLUS limit what you can do back end up wise. IE/Edge needs to die off. Firefox can stay for the non tech people. Anything else is not worth talking about yet.
>>
>>60213617

i've actually noticed this too

FF performs slightly better on ubuntu than Chrome....
>>
>>60213656
I agree about the dev tools, but I would vehemently disagree about the UI. After using Firefox for years, every time I use chrome I'm faced with some minor inconvenience or design issue ever 5 minutes.
>>
>>60213709

how? firefox is clearly more cluttered. more features that hog it down as well. I don't see how Chrome can get much "cleaner" in terms of UI
>>
>>60211610

Chrome, it simply just works for me
>>
>>60212001
:^)
>>
Chrome because im not a paranoid pedo worrying if someone is watching my history log
>>
Vivaldi. I like trying different things once in a while, and this is my newest browser.
>>
>>60213784
Fuck off you obnoxious shit.
>>
>>60213784
>>
Vivaldi. pretty much just a better looking chrome. just as fast for me and able to use chrome extensions. plus the color themes are the best I've seen
>>
Qutebrowser. In the past I've used most of the major browsers, including but not limited to Firefox, Pale Moon, Chrome, Chromium and Vivaldi.
>>
>>60213963
u mad faget :^)
>>
>>60214266
>>
>>60213743
There's a difference between "clean" and "utilitarian". Just off the top of my head, some key annoyances I have to deal with every time I use chrome:
>downloading a file makes a huge obnoxious banner pop up at the bottom of the window that doesn't go away until you manually close it (or if there's some sort of timeout or something, I have never been able to deal with it long enough to find out)
>after middle-clicking several links on a page, when you open another one the new tab is placed AFTER all the other tabs you opened from this page. This matters to me because often I'll open some link in a new tab, glance through it, decide it's relevant and keep it open for later, then go back to the original and open another link in a new tab, now instead of Ctrl+Tab once, I have to find where the other tab opened which is really annoying if I try to open a bunch of them.
>when a session is restored, ALL your tabs are immediately loaded. At least youtube videos stopped immediately starting to play now so it's not so bad, but it's still annoying.
>if you open a lot of tabs, they all shrink to minuscule slivers - after a point you don't even see the icons of their webpages. I much prefer firefox's scrolling.
>platform-specific, but I've had to do dev work on a mac, so of course Chrome is my choice for its dev tools. I was very displeased to find out that all of the normal shortcuts don't work at all anymore - I can't reload with F5 (I did get used to Cmd+R eventually), I can't edit the URL with F6 (I never found the equivalent for that - to this day I still have to use my mouse to click in the URL bar), I can't open the console with F12 (who the fuck though Cmd+Shift+J was a good idea)

I do agree about Firefox in general being bloated, though that's not really an argument in chromium's favour either, more of an argument against the both of them.
>>
i'm trying to get used to firefox (nightly) and i use ungoogled chromium for twitch and some other stuff
>>
>>60214555
not nightly, developer edition, just installed it two days ago
>>
>>60214587
Speaking of developer edition, what the fuck does it actually do?

The webpage says shit like "you get tools to help you develop!" but the dev tools are literally everywhere, even pale moon has the exact same tools.

What does it actually add, besides a neat blue logo that will make your friends ask you about your browser?
>>
File: 2017-05-04-101226_800x480_scrot.png (491KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-04-101226_800x480_scrot.png
491KB, 800x480px
not links ;^}
>>
>>60214954
>>
>>60214954
>;^}
can this cancer and all its alternates please die?
>>
>>60215324
>quoting the smiley with a carat nose
>>
Firefox because I don't fell like giving Chrome/Google/alphabet even more of an monopoly
>>
>>60214277
;^)
>>
CLIQZ is great!
>>
>>60215693
>>
>>60215381
>uses google
>logs into gmail and youtube
literally the same thing m8
>>
Opera 12.16
>why
The unmatched plethora of features
>>
Pale meme
>>
Internet Explorer.
>>
>>60211610
Firefox because Chrome has no real adblocking and no NoScript.
>>
>>60211610
Firefox. Nightly on android.
>>
Vivaldi. Why? It's somewhat like Opera and more compatible with websites. Also, it's up to date.
>>
>>60211615
I just uninstalled FF Nightly today. It keeps freezing all the fucking time, A few months ago it worked even better than the standard version, but now it's laggy and extension doesn't work.
>>
>>60214954
The fuck is this suppose to be?
>>
Firefox. Im a creature of habit. Been using it for over 10 years and want it to get better. Got devices synched together and enjoy a clean install without having to back up my bookmarks.
>>
>>60216651
Opera is up to date. It's literally the best chromium based browser, even better than chrome.
>>
>>60216796
He was probably actually talking about real Opera, not that Chropera bullshit you're thinking of.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (303KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
303KB, 1920x1040px
Pale moon

It's designed with more tech-savy people in mind, and is basically linux in browser form
>>
Safari

>Extremely Fast
>Energy Efficient
>>
What's better. Iridium or Ungoogled Chromium? What makes that browser better or worse?
>>
Firefox for PC

Chrome for phone
>>
>>60211610
Firefox on everything of course, do other browsers even exist?
>>
>>60216808
>real opera
Chropera is the real opera, grandpa. Presto is abandoned.
>>
>>60217891
No, real Opera uses Presto. Chropera's just a piece of shit Chromium based browser.
>Presto is abandoned
No fucking shit.
>>
>>60211610
Chromium. I use some pretty javascript heavy websites that pull and update data off websocket and Firefox is simply too slow. It really is. And that single-threaded problem it has means it's impossible to have two javascript-heavy websites open at the same time.

Basically, I use Chromium because it's the only alternative.
>>
Opera
>Free VPN with unlimited data and no data collecting
>Adblock builtin
>Video popup
>Turbo mode for slow connection or data saving
>Battery saver for laptops
>great looking start page (Quick dial)
>dark theme in latest update
>Basically Chrome in good and without botnet features
>>
File: 1492639371912.gif (850KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492639371912.gif
850KB, 500x500px
>>60218204
>>Free VPN with unlimited data and no data collecting
Is this true?
>>
>>60218220
no
>>
>>60218220

if by "no data collecting", he means "gives all of your data to the PRC" then yes
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (111KB, 952x680px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
111KB, 952x680px
1/2
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (55KB, 876x334px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
55KB, 876x334px
2/2
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (38KB, 801x322px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
38KB, 801x322px
easy to enable
>>
Chrome because it is the fastest browser with the best font-rendering and the best extensions.
>>
Ungoogled-chromium because it's fast and shit and stripped of a ton of useless crap
>>
Opera because it's the only one that isn't a dumpster fire
>>
>>60218579
But Opera turned into a dumpster fire four years ago
>>
>>60211610
I use an Iframe inside of an html page I hacked instead of a browser
>>
Vivaldi
>>
Firefox. I don't want to be spied on
>>
Microsoft Edge because it just works and comes preinstalled with Windows 10, which is the best operating system.
>>
>>60217918
>best chromium browser
>piece of shit
Wot?
>>
>>60219990
Just because it's the best Chromium based browser doesn't mean it's good, it just means it's less shitty than the rest of them.
>>
>>60216041
:^/
>>
>>60220081
>>
Vivaldi, because Firefox started getting fucky while saving files. I'm probably going back to Nightly in a few weeks and keeping vivaldi as a spare. I wish they'd port over that feature opera 12 had, the one which listed all the links in a page. Very useful to download threads worth of pictures.
>>
>>60220125
sent ;^)
>>
>>60213617
Have ubuntu and firefox is slow as shit, it's not the os, I always thought is because the cpu on this thing is terrible.
>>
>>60217279
>It's designed with more tech-savy people in mind
It's designed with dunning-kruger effect people in mind.
>>
>>60217382
At the end of the day you're still using chrome with its shitty interface and fucky page formatting.
>>
>>60211610

My path: Netscape -> IE -> Firefox -> Nightly -> Waterfox -> Palemoon -> Chromium -> Vivaldi
>>
Firefox and Chrome on my Winblows PC. Chromium on my Arch.
>>
>>60220238
IE-->Opera-->Firefox-->Vivaldi
>>
>>60217279
>>60211965
>>60211986
>>60212029
> i don't know why it isn't more popular

I dropped Palemoon after realizing how buggy and laggy it's on video heavy sites like Youtube and twitter.
>>
>>60214374
>I can't edit the URL with F6 (I never found the equivalent for that - to this day I still have to use my mouse to click in the URL bar)
I'm not on a mac, but do alt-D or cmd-L work?
>>
>>60212252
>freedom
>commie
Pick one.
>>
>>60220238
Netscape -> IE -> Firefox -> Chrome -> Firefox
>>
>>60218579
Opera seems to be getting a little of its groove back with Presto.
The free built-in VPN is also nice.
Opera, like FF, also plays well with 3rd party sandboxes, unlike Chrome.
>>
>>60220441
*cough*Blink*cough*
>>
Opera cause I only have 4GB of RAM and the syncing is top tier
>>
File: ComodoBrowserLogo.jpg (10KB, 300x163px) Image search: [Google]
ComodoBrowserLogo.jpg
10KB, 300x163px
Comodo Dragon.

It's literally ungoogled chromium but 10x better with all the security added, it's fast as fuck and botnet free. There is no reason to use any other chrome fork.
>>
>>60220588
>comodo
>botnet free
>>
>>60220588
>with all the bloat added
>more gunk is somehow faster because computer science 3
Yeah, no thanks. For whatever reason it chokes more than actual Chrome. If minimal+privacy is your thing you should really have been looking at Iridium or Iron. Even Opera at least gives you a free VPN.
>>
>>60220180
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.