[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mini ITX or Micro ATX?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1489486953178.png (24KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489486953178.png
24KB, 800x600px
I just want a little PC that is easy to transport since the military likes to move me around a lot. Building one of these is a lot cheaper than getting an Origin Omni. Which is better? I don't need anything more than 16 gigs of RAM and a GTX 1070.
>>
>>60203415
if you just need a single graphics card and the smallest possible form factor, mini itx is the way to go. be aware thermals may limit overclocking the card in a case that small though, if that's something you care about
>>
>>60203415
>I just want a little PC that is easy to transport since the military likes to move me around a lot
i have 2 desktops and im in the navy. dont be a little bitch
>>
>>60203465
Sorry your life sucks.

My car only has a couple cubic feet left of space when it's loaded up. A full size desktop + monitor will not fit.
>>
>>60203415
Mini ITX cases are much smaller, around the size of an xbox or playstation, while micro ATX cases are gonna be the size of a small tower. They all accept the same parts (get a case with two backpanel slots, to fit the 1070), so unless you need the additional PCIe or RAM slots of Micro ATX, go with Mini ITX.
>>
>>60203465
Fukken hooyah shipmate

I got a bigass pc I can't wait to lug around
>>
>>60203415
Laptop
>>
>>60203415
Can't beat mITX for size. You won't see a performance impact either. Two mobos with the same parts will preform the same.

As for cases, man oh man can you get tiny as fuck. Dancase a4 is going back on sale, there's the ncase m1, the node 202, the lazer3d cases, etc. Thermals are an issue, so don't expect massive overclocks, or really any overclocks, and it's quite a bit harder to do a microbuild, lots more things to do.
>>
>>60204017
if you assume matx motherboard is going to fit your mitx case then you're going to have a bad time
>>
>>60204893
I have a gaming laptop, but if I want to play racing games or flight sims, I have to sit 3+ ft away from the screen to fit my wheel/HOTAS which is annoying as shit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.