[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you preserving privacy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Would you work for or develop a product for an ethically dubious company?
Does it matter? You're getting paid who cares
Like many things software could be a double edged sword. Developing tracking software or a product which could be used for tracking but also provides benefits to the community. Would you work for a company which creates missile guidance systems.
>Where is your ethical line?

>Today we lack the mechanisms to insure adequate safeguards. Because of the difficulty in rebuilding complex systems to incorporate safeguards at a later date, it appears desirable to anticipate these problems.
>In essence, information-rich democracies have reached a point where they want to try to solve public problems without having to explain or justify themselves to citizens.
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/520426/the-real-privacy-problem/
Archive version http://archive.is/6vH0A
>>
File: privacy.feature.5x700.jpg (68KB, 600x756px) Image search: [Google]
privacy.feature.5x700.jpg
68KB, 600x756px
My willingness to track myself for insurance increases the premiums of others
>topkek
>>
>>60202764
I help facilitate the mass brain washing of the majority of the US and more. Not quite the same as what you are talking about, but if I didn't do this someone else would be getting paid to fill the same seat.
>>
>>60205959
Any more info about your job would be great
You're not a shill/astroturfer on /g/ are you?

Do you feel that you increase the efficency of brain washing? or reduce it by proposing more privacy focused solutions or neither?
>>
>>60205959

It's kinda fun to be the one facilitating the mass brain washing, while knowing the reality of it all.
>>
>>60206078
You don't feel you have an moral or ethical obligation to help humanity
Or does this not cross those lines for you?
>>
>>60206061
I work on a system which is used to encode, package, insert ads into, and distribute video content. Most people would probably think I was a bit insane for referring to this as mass brainwashing, but it is what it is...

>>60206113
The best way I can do that is to constantly remind those I work with what we are doing. I can't exactly sabatoge the system I would have legal charges pressed against me and I wouldn't even accomplish much. Even if I ruined the company I work for another company would just take all our business.
>>
>>60206113
Fuck normies pump and dump
Milk them for every cent their worth then sell up and bro down
>>
>>60206196
I would suggest reminding those of what they were doing is inline with "sabotaging the system" in the original article.
Sabotaging the system isn't about doing something illegal to break your employers system it's about reframing the conversation.
>Once there are enough early adopters who self-track—and most of them are likely to gain something from it—those who refuse will no longer be seen as just quirky individuals exercising their autonomy. No, they will be considered deviants with something to hide.

>First, we must politicize the debate about privacy and information sharing. Articulating the existence—and the profound political consequences
>Refusing to make money off your own data might be as political an act as refusing to drive a car or eat meat.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.