[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scholarly Sources on Internet Privacy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1493148364295.png (145KB, 776x991px) Image search: [Google]
1493148364295.png
145KB, 776x991px
Evening /g/entoomen, I'm writing my term paper for my rhetoric class on internet privacy. The format of the essay is a rogerian argument for a problem / solution, problem being large scale identifiable data collection by companies and the government. I'm going to be assuming my audience is the average normie saying "I'm not doing anything wrong, why should I care if [BOTNET] is watching me?" and I have to construct the argument in a way to convince them that it really is an issue they should care about.

Ideas? Sources? How would you go about explaining to a normie why they should care about internet privacy?
>>
New question: How to make a successful post on /g/?
>>
>>60202562
The way to explain internet privacy to normies is to use analogies with real life privacy. Explain to them why privacy in itself is valuable, why violations of privacy are immoral and should be discouraged and, in some cases, outlawed. However, dont turn it into some FOSS shillfest, since that is beyond the scope of your argument (and not the final solution anyway, since the problem is that companies arent held accountable for violation of privacy/freedom).

And be sure to not sound like a conspiracy theorist. Google is most likely not selling your info to Israel or ISIS, but using it to advertise certain products. The problem is not mainly on the ways they use your info, but the fact that they use it at all.

I dont know sources, maybe some of Stallman's bullshit, but some academic articles on the right to privacy as such is useful.
>>
>>60203027
Thanks for the thought out response anon.
>>
File: the truth.png (111KB, 776x786px) Image search: [Google]
the truth.png
111KB, 776x786px
updated
>>
>>60203402
Shouldn't the posting sexualized girl node have two branches? one to linux and one to bsd...
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.