[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 31

File: 1491963148995.jpg (187KB, 1206x886px) Image search: [Google]
1491963148995.jpg
187KB, 1206x886px
I'll answer a few C/C++ programming, networking things for a few mins. Gogogogo
>>
Is there a good free program to convert pdf to word files?
>>
>>60197721
CTRL C, CTRL V. I'd assume.
>>
>>60197721
>>60197740
Yeah, and if you can't do that, your best bet is probably an OCR. And that's so-so.
>>
>>60197721
>>60197740
>CTRL C, CTRL V.
I'll amend that to
CTRL A, CTRL C, CTRL V.
Even try just changing the file extension to what ever word uses.
Just like you do to change images from .png to .jpg
>>
What's the best password manager for Win10? I'm looking for something that's secure and has a good layout. I'm currently using KeePass, but I don't know if that's the best choice for me.
>>
Grub2 vs. Syslinux. What is better and why?
>>
Can someone help me answer this exam-style question about latency and bandwidth?

A data analyst needs to analyse data which is stored halfway around the world.
His decisions to do this are:
1) Download the entire load and do them on the fast computers where he is
2) Do all the calculations remotely
3) Download only the ones required

For each one, explain which of latency, bandwidth or both, would be a problem, and what the best decision would be.
>>
I can't connect to my server running mpd using MPDroid. Even setting iptables policy to ACCEPT changes nothing, so firewall can be ruled out.

Here's the mpd.conf:
music_directory         "/Storage/Music" # permissions 774 mpd:audio
user "mpd"
#bind_to_address "localhost"
#port "6600"
audio_output {
type "httpd"
name "My HTTP Stream"
encoder "vorbis" # optional, vorbis or lame
port "8000"
# bind_to_address "0.0.0.0" # optional, IPv4 or IPv6
quality "5.0" # do not define if bitrate is defined
# bitrate "128" # do not define if quality is defined
format "44100:16:1"
max_clients "0" # optional 0=no limit
}

Output of netstat:
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8000            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      9881/mpd

Output of 'netcat localhost/ip' is "OK" for port 6600, but simply abruptly closes on port 8000.

What am I missing? Isn't this supposed to just werk?
>>
File: file.png (167KB, 527x411px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
167KB, 527x411px
/g/
(please no hate)
I bought a Skullcandy Barricade Mini today for 25 at wal*mart. I charged it up and everything. It doesn't turn on at all. I called SC and they said it should of given me a red and blue light while charging and it didn't.

does anyone know anything about this model and why it's not working? Everything else Skullcandy I own works fine
>>
>>60197891
EDIT:
The problem I'm having is that I don't know how the bandwidth would be limited in terms of the information given.
Obviously distance increases latency, but there's nothing there that explicitly limits bandwidth. What could you say would limit bandwidth? Distance as well?
>>
>>60197891
>>60198026

Hint:

1]
Bandwidth: Due to bandwidth restrictions, it may take a long time to download the data.

Latency: Latency shouldn't be an issue given the computers are "fast." The only latency will be network latency.
>>
>>60198008
Fuck that just take it back, as long as you have the receipt don't even worry about messing with it.
>>
>>60198008
Just return it dude, probably faulty electronics
>>
Are there any real differences between Spotify premium and Amazon music unlimited? As far as I know, they both stream max 320kbps, the only difference (for me) is unlimited is £2 cheaper because I have prime, but it doesn't let you queue songs.
>>
>>60197632
what are some good resources for learning java. I tried the Finnish University course and i think it's a little dull.
>>
>>60198044
>The only latency will be network latency.
That's what I thought too. I didn't think of bandwidth in terms of local-processing.

Why might there be bandwidth restrictions? Imposed by the ISP or something? Or could it also mean that the bandwidth in the data centre in Zimbabwe has shit computers and may take a long time to locally process the data?
>>
>>60198045
>>60198049
WELL that's the thing, I believe I can however it was on clearance (it's not a bad model they are just getting ready for a new shipment of items and they need to get rid of shit is all)

I think Wally has a "no return" policy on clearance items. I don't remember.
>>
>>60198067
Hmm, no clue. Worth mentioning, if you have a .edu email, you can get spotify for $5 a month [in US.]

>>60198082
Either imposed by the ISP or imposed by network congestion [be sure to mention both LAN and WAN congestion.]

>>60198092
Well, now you know why it was clearance.
>>
>>60198092
Their returns policy matter two fuck alls. You're protected under consumer law.
>>
>>60198092
If you make enough fuss they will do whatever you need, even if it's a full cash refund.
Pretty much take it apart for a learning experience and risk further breaking a broken item, or get that cash and buy some shit off brand.
>>
>>60198132
lol I have the jam speaker where you can pair 2 together. I need a 2nd one. IF that's on sale, I'll buy one of them. I had a 2nd one before but the speaker when out when it accidentally hit the concrete. Those are REALLY nice.

>>60198121
Really... Huh. honestly, I didn't know that was a thing. I'mma google that.

>>60198108
Yes and no.
Yes it was on clearance however, a shit load of good shit is on clearance. Mostly cause it's that time of the season when they are getting newer models of stuff in. Like how shit gets marked down say a new Samsung phone was 300 now 150 cause the new model came out. There's nothing bad about it, but the rep on the phone said this is the 2nd call he got about it, but likely not the same issue. I'm hoping it's just a defected model.

Thank god I kept the stupid receipt
>>
File: colin.png (563KB, 583x733px) Image search: [Google]
colin.png
563KB, 583x733px
>>60194020
>>60194169
Anyone on this?
>>
why is c++ so fucking ugly?
>>
To find out how many things you can represent (m) with n number of bits is:
2^n (2 to power n)

But how do you find out how many bits you need to hold m number of things? Is there an equivalent expression?
>>
>>60198484
You're asking a bunch of nerds why something isn't pretty?
>>
>>60198447
i'm not an authority so I won't answer this. If you stuck that hard drive into your current machine it might run, I don't think copying the files over would do it but i stand to be corrected.

If you are looking for video editing software, try lightworks. There's a free version that is pretty good. Takes a bit tp get used to.
>>
File: spongebob.jpg (4KB, 127x120px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob.jpg
4KB, 127x120px
terabit internet connections when?
>>
Before flashing a ROM on Android is really needed to flash the stock ROM as the pajeets on xda recommend or with a all the wipes will be the same?
>>
>>60198506
The two-based logarithm of M. Rounded up to a whole number, if necessary.
>>
>>60198511
Nasa has it.
>>
>>60198537
Thanks!
>>
>>60198511
when infrastructure improves and middle aged to senior aged retards stop thinking 1mb up/down is lightning fast
>>
>>60198587
we have gigabit right now. So that's something.
>>
File: wake up why.jpg (87KB, 826x801px) Image search: [Google]
wake up why.jpg
87KB, 826x801px
>>60198604
i wish i had one of those, i'm browsing with 25 mbit (paying for 50). but then again, most downloads finish over night, so i'm not sure if it would be worth it. i have a seedbox to keep my ratio up.
>>
What's the latest version of windows to support DOS programs natively? Wanna build the ultimate DOS gaymen PC
>>
>>60198681
That's good anon.

However, you gotta remember something, it's only as fast as your HDD will write it to disk. So essentially, even if you have 1TB of internet to work with, it still will take 2 minutes for you computer to download that 3 GB movie. Or if you're a Blueray loser, 10 minutes for that 45GB download
>>
>>60198522
It entirely depends on the phone/tablet model. Most of that shit is hacks that are designed to break through all the security and weirdness the manufacturer put in place. Some times the requirements to pull that off can be a bit weird and specific.
>>
>>60198709
>So essentially, even if you have 1TB of internet to work with, it still will take 2 minutes for you computer to download that 3 GB movie.
Even on a slow harddisk that shouldn't take more than 30 seconds. On a modern SSD, more like two seconds.
>>
>>60198511
https://what-if.xkcd.com/31/
>>
>>60198766
This I do wanna see. So imagine NASA having their shit on an SSD and an teribit of data streaming from sats in space and their space stations... That's gotta pretty dang cool 2bh
>>
My grandpa is a fucking die hard internet explorer fan. Worst of all he is using a computer that can't install any IE updates beyond 7 for some reason....

What should I do, he fucking hates chrome and won't use anything else unless I trick him? Can I make Chrome look like IE?
>>
>>60198447
Very unlikely. Most installed microsoft shit won't work without its registry entries, and you're not getting that to save your life. Also if it's a different OS version you'd probably be boned anyway. Movie maker is an addon that isn't independent from the OS.
>>
>>60198812
Just get Opera and tell him that it's an upgraded version of Internet Explorer.
>>
>>60197880
Grub2 because I use it :^)
>>
>>60197632
How to make this http://tools.bp.com/energy-charting-tool
>>
Is tenta trust worthy or am I wasting my time? What Android browsers are Superior?
>>
My animu has [group name] appended at the beginning of their folders. Is there a way to sort my folders alphabetically that ignores the brackets?
Right now my stuff gets sorted by what's in the brackets, not the actual titles.
Windows or Linux, either is fine.
>>
>>60198884
Why don't you just get rid of those group names and clean up your filenames?
>>
>>60198812
Uninstall IE and keep Chrome installed. Tell him it's the new version and he needs to stop being a retard.
>>
>Sata Port1 Not Present
>...
>Sata Port 5

>computer won't detect my hard drive
>only the DVD drive
>swap the ports
>still only the DVD drive
>swap the cables
>try a different drive
>nothing changes
I don't know what else to try.
>>
>>60198837
Well that sounds like ass. Thanks anyway. Guess I'll have to do without Movie Maker. Any Windows Live Essentials downloads just seem too fishy to trust
>>60198510
>Lightworks
I tried it once but it was on a toaster and I couldn't get to grips with it. I was really just looking for a way to add text to a video, hence the need for Movie Maker. I've thought of Adobe Premiere or something but can't into torrenting
>>
>>60198751
I see thanks man, they always recommend to do a clean install but I'm lazy af for flashing a stock rom and rooting again, so I guess I'll just make a total data wipe and try
>>
any c++ real life example on dealing with structured binary files (with classes) (could be as simple as the BMP file format)

i want to mimic it with another file format
>>
>>60198904
I have a lot of folders, is there a way to batch remove them then?
>>
>>60199025
Different file structures require different code structures. "structured binary files" is a very broad classification, and can mean a lot of different things.
>>
>>60199083
Sure. A quick bash script will do the job.
>>
new random question:
I want to understand why you would EVER torrent a movie that's only an hour and 1/2 long at best at this fucking size?
>>
>>60198934
You could try shotcut.

Also

https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/39qnll/guide_for_microsoft_windows_office_and_adobe/
>>
>>60199119
Because some people like the original blu ray or 4k quality, and have the internet connection to support it. It's cheaper than buying the actual disk and less cluttery, but you still get a solid copy you can keep long term.
>>
>>60199116
Please spoonfeed me, I suck
>>
>>60199197
Sure, I get that, but who the fuck has that kinda space to throw around? like come on, you could download so much compared to 1 copy. NO ONE can honestly tell the difference between that blue ray copy and a normal copy. And when they say they can, they are lying to themselves for the hell of it cause they are hypstrs
>>
File: Capture.png (8KB, 73x835px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
8KB, 73x835px
>>60199119
Don't tell me you're a bitlet.
>>
Can you guys recommend me a good email service that doesn't require phone verification?
>>
I just fixed a old cd player
but when I was fixing it I saw the laser for a few seconds

am i ok
>>
>>60199247
what does that mean?

>>60199256
none technically do.

However, if you want anon, go log into gmail, then goto voice.google.com and get a number. You will be happy you got it. That's how people call me when they need to call me.
>>
>>60199256
Postfix
>>
File: Capture.png (43KB, 781x623px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
43KB, 781x623px
How should I configure qbittorent? I tried following the sticky on /t/. Is that good information or is there a better guide somewhere?
>>
>>60199335
I wouldn't set connections that high. Something might choke.
200 global and 50 per torrent will do.
>>
>>60199256
cock.li
>>
>>60199240
There is a difference. Whether anyone can actually tell I don't know. It would be fun to do the equivalent of a taste test challenge and see who can spot the difference. I'd say around 12gb per movie is about the cutoff for me where more doesn't seem to matter.

Space is relative. You could buy 5 full priced blu rays, or an HDD that can hold 100.
>>
>>60199283
Gmail requires a phone number when creating an account.
>>
Been having problems ever since that Windows 10 Creators Update

As of today, my Start Menu hasn't been working. What can I do to fix this?
>>
>>60199025
Every format is different.
Do you want to implement it yourself?
Read
http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/files/
For the basics.
Then make an application that reads and writes to a binary file.
Then implement the decompression algorithms and use them to load an image.

This is a waste of time for most people, so usually, students implement a ppm reader for the experience and then use a library to read various file formats.
>>
>>60199423
When you're on 120 HDD :(

but yeah I would like to see some hypstr try an tell me "yeah there's quality difference!" Shit even Deadmau5 said that no one honestly can spot the difference between an mp3 at 192 kbs and a FLAC flile almost 9/10 times

>>60199428
I have 3 accs. That's very odd that they are asking for that now. Live is pretty good. I don't remember them asking me for a number
>>
Is there any way I can connect my PS3 to my Laptop and use my laptop screen. As a display?
>>
>>60199119
In this scenario, I wouldn't, bad movie and only a couple of seeders, not worth it.
But if it was a private tracker the difference would be a couple of minutes and why not get the best quality of whatever movie you want?
>>
How do i look up how t o fix an issue on my router if my router comes from another timeline and doesnt exist in this one officially so theres ZERO documentation on it online. Not even references to its existence.
>>
>>60199514
Not unless you buy a USB tuner card.
>>
>>60199514
Are you just needing an HDMI to VGA? Cause I'm doing that with my switch on an older flatscreen monitor. They are around 25 bucks at wally

>>60199521
>bad movie
Ouch, Zootopia is an awesome movie.

Sure, best quality is awesome. But I feel like at that point, that's how big the final development would be if it were JUST rendered from their software editor.

I've always wanted to see how long it takes to create a CGI movie and how large the final project would be.

>>60199563
What about a capture card?
>>
>>60199579
My laptop has a HDMI port, I use it as HDMI ig
>>
>>60199481
Live asks for a phone number too.
>>
>>60199596
Yeah, it's an out not an in dude. I've not seen a laptop with a laptop with an HDMI in on a laptop yet. I would love that as a feature

>>60199603
wtf? seriously? WHY? This is fucking stupid.
LOL check with Compuserve! NOW THAT would be funny as shit.

I still have mine from the late 90s
>>
Any opinion about openmailbox?
>>
>>60199579
>I've always wanted to see how long it takes to create a CGI movie and how large the final project would be.

It takes literally months to render, on the best shit they have to throw at it. You want toy story 4? Set everything up, then come back in september.
>>
>>60199452
Yep, I want to implement it myself...
I already have the documentation (what which byte means) and already made something (kind of) with Java (read, keep it in an object...), but I'd like to see how the c++ code looks like in real life (how it would read a file [BMP for example] and store the meaning of each byte / group of bytes)
i want to avoid writing messy stuff in one main function as i'm used to
>>
>>60199669
Really? Rendering a CGI film takes that much time to render?

I heard that Brave was made on linux
>>
Q6600
2GB DDR2
Gigabyte P35 DS3 r2.1
75GB Seagate 7200rpm
DVD drive
some cooler master centurion case I don't have a clue
noname 400W PSU
Radeon HD 3650

all this for 60 euro
how did I do
>>
>>60199705
Yeah, for big budget 3D animation, it really does take that long.
>>
>>60199268
pls help
>>
>>60199757
They go on vacation and come back when it's done.

This would explain why a lot of places still do a lot of hand drawn movies.
>>
>>60199783
Naw. It's still cheaper to do it digitally than to pay an army of asians to draw out every frame. There's just demand for both styles, and some places don't want or know how to make the transition.
>>
So does this mean if i pull out my 1070 and throw in my 780 will i get hackintosh to work with the card properly cause it sure as hell isnt working with the 1070 how it should or should i go out looking for some custom driver?
>>
>>60197880
rEFInd + kernel compiled as EFI binary.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170503-173124.png (17KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170503-173124.png
17KB, 720x1280px
>>60197632
I have a rooted Samsung J7 and in calls the keypad only shows the number 1
Alternate dialers launch this stock dialer when it calls so I can't figure out how to use other keypads/dialers
Basically I can't do anything with my voicemail or any other calls that require inputs during the call.
Any advice? Pic shows the phone app, the only number I can put in is a 1
>>
>>60200250
>i have piece of shit budget phone why it no work
>>
File: 1452650019794.jpg (14KB, 433x310px) Image search: [Google]
1452650019794.jpg
14KB, 433x310px
>Printer stuck in offline so remove it
>Now PC won't detect it

THIS IS GODDAMN FUCKING ANNOYING
>>
>>60199152
Thanks anon. I'll check this out. Seems decent.

I had a look at shotcut, haven't installed it but is it easy to use? I feel like if there's a learning curve I'd be better off learning Premiere Pro or something
>>
>>60200460
Try a different USB port.
>>
>>60200493

The printer is far away so it's wireless, but I tested the connection and it says Excellent.
>>
>>60200460

Well now I've detected it, but my shit's stuck in queue.

WHY
>>
File: audio1.png (34KB, 1212x413px) Image search: [Google]
audio1.png
34KB, 1212x413px
Using CCCP with WMP, can play the right but not the left. What's up?
>>
>>60200460
>>60200629
Because printers are evil
>>
>>60200692
Wevare not here to do your homework
>>
>>60200712
OK I deleted it
>>
File: 1474727249073[2].png (108KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
1474727249073[2].png
108KB, 357x368px
>>60200491
>>60199152
Oh and also, how's Sony Vegas?

Which one's easier, Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere Pro?
>>
Is there a program for Windows 8 that returns the windows 7 start Bar
>>
>>60200787
Ita called updating to windows 10
>>
File: shot-2017-05-03_23-30-09.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
shot-2017-05-03_23-30-09.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
Why can't I install Void Linux to my favorite nvme drive?
>>
>>60200787
classicshell
>>
>>60198884
You could write a script that uses regular expressions ti change the names searching for the brackets
>>
>>60200777
They're both professional level tools. Shotcut is closer to movie maker.
>>
>>60200853
nevermind I figured it out, the install script doesn't look for nvme so I just had to edit it in vim to add it to the regex when it's looking for disks.
>>
>>60200951
Could you go into a little more depth about how to implement something like that?
>>
I wonder how torrent, ipfs, bitcoin, text/image compression etc. works. Where should i start learning? Recommend me some online courses (MOOCs preferably) if you know.
>>
>>60201124
Torrenting: works via P2P system. A tracker has a list of what everyone has currently downloaded. Then, when requested, it will send this data to a client. The client will then know what chunks to download from specific seeders.

Bitcoin: torrent merged with high level encryption. Basically, bitcoin is produced from machines which spend large amount of resources and time on solving cryptographic problems. The actual time and power converts directly to bitcoin.

Text compression: See the Huffman algorithm for a good start.

Image compression: A basic start... you know how a lot of images have a lot of the same color throughout them? Instead of recording the same RGB info every single pixel, they will map a space of pixels.

It is like saying [0,5] as opposed to [0,1,2,3,4,5] in algebraic notation.

I hope this helps. As far as MOOCs, I don't know of any, and I've never taken any. I just look at stuff on wikipedia when I'm bored.
>>
>>60200953
Thanks, I'll download it and give it a shot

Tempted to make the shitty give it a shotcut pun but I won't
>>
>>60201249
I was actually reaching for the keyboard between reading your first and second lines.
>>
Just got my first desktop and i'm going to be torrenting really large files for the first time, i've heard that ISPs can kill your DL/UL speeds, any way to avoid this for free?
>>
>>60201339
VPN to someone who has a decent provider.
>>
Trying to use my stereo as an amplifier for my headphones but it's not working.

I'm connecting my computer to the stereo through the rear aux port. Both of those work fine. But when I connect my headphones into the stereo through the front headphones port, I get no sound. What am I doing wrong? I've got an adapter plugged into the front if that is relevant.
>>
>>60200647
>printers are evil
This. So much this. Absolute indisputable fact.
>>
>>60201363
How do I determine that and can I do that on a private tracker?
>>
>>60201217
thanks for explanations but i was looking for university level courses, Im willing to spend at least 50 hours in each subject.
>>
What's the best browser for viewing really tall webpages? Using Firefox to browse porn Tumblrs causes horrible freezing because Tumblr devs apparently have never heard of pagination.
>>
>>60200250
You changed your dpi. Change it back. Happened to me, but áll the buttons were still visible, just a bit offset.
>>
Is there any way to see what specific Chrome tab is what in Windows 10 task manger?
I've got like 20 tabs open and I want to know which ones are eating up all my memory.
>>
What's a good file manager for android that has network support and isn't ES File Explorer?

Preferrably free, but at this point I'd be willing to dish out a few bucks if I had to, just to get away from this heaping pile of overbloated shit.
>>
File: 6a0da03c89[1].png (36KB, 1160x509px) Image search: [Google]
6a0da03c89[1].png
36KB, 1160x509px
Both BSOD instances happened while playing a game.

Is it likely an issue with video drivers?
>>
>>60201424
As long as you always use the VPN, and nobody at the other end is using an account on the same PT, it doesn't matter. Now if you're using a VPN service that's a whole different deal. Each PT has their own instructions for dealing with VPN services/seedboxes
>>
>>60201522
A quick google search suggests yes.
>>
>>60201424
>How do I determine that
Ask the dude who's connection you're going to use.
>>
>>60201516
Paid version drops the bloat.
>>
>>60201567
What is the difference between a VPN amd a VPN service?

How do I know that the VPN will allow me to download at optimal speeds?

If someone else on the PT was using that VPN, what would happen?
>>
Can I submit an application written in HTML, CSS, and JS to the Google Play Store, or does it need to be translated into a specific language?
If it's the latter, I have no clue how I'm going to translate it without losing functionality.
>>
>>60201664
A VPN is a connection between two computers. You can pay someone to be that other end. What you can do depends on that second computer's internet connection. PTs generally know when you're using a service based on their IP range. They all have their own rules. Read them.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-03-17-19-21.png (142KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-03-17-19-21.png
142KB, 1280x800px
>>60201594
Even all the bullshit notifications, like where it plasters a message on the screen about how much my device's free space has changed over the past x days every fucking time I open it? (pic related)

Cause obviously they seem to know best how much I need to "handle" the fact that I actually make regular use of my tablet's storage space, among other things.
>>
When did "VPN service" basically become synonymous with "proxy"?

A VPN is a private network established over a public network. For example, a business might have a building in London and a building in Manchester. They can send packets between the London branch intranet and the Manchester branch intranet through the internet by sending packets in tunnel mode, and the network will appear to anyone except the sysadmin to be one single network.
>>
>>60201773
There's a lot of shit they know you don't want that gets rolled into the free version without an off switch. I haven't used pro, but I hear it's as good as free was before they started fucking with it.
>>
File: 1493522241826.png (325KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1493522241826.png
325KB, 640x427px
>>60201797
Reply to the dude you're talking to. We don't need the info, he does. Your "question" is just pointless semantics.
>>
where can i buy a bulk of proxies for dirt cheap
>>
File: testmode.png (3KB, 70x55px) Image search: [Google]
testmode.png
3KB, 70x55px
I've asked in a few threads already, but nobody has been able to answer, so here it goes again.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this watermark without actually disabling test mode? I need it for drivers

I also found this from another website:

>Open up Regedit and navigate to the following keys:

>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\CA\Certificates\FEE449EE0E3965A5246F000E87FDE2A065FD89D4]

>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\ROOT\Certificates\2BD63D28D7BCD0E251195AEB519243C13142EBC3]

>And delete the pair of them, reboot and lo and behold dodgy testing message has vanished!

The second one isn't actually in the registry, and that post was specifically to remove the test mode watermark from 7600, not 7601, so I'm getting close. I just don't particularly want to start blindly deleting shit from the registry on a trial and error basis.
>>
what's the best anti virus program for windows these days?

is it still mse?
>>
>>60202037
Actually, my bad, it was for Vista, not 7600.

Still, I`m getting close
>>
Question for you Python programmers

If I make an instance of a class and print it, how can I change the value it returns?

For example if a class foo has a member bar, then when I execute the following code how can I make it print the instances value of bar?

a = foo()
print(a)
#prints a.bar
>>
>>60201418
Really? No one has a solution for this? This has to be a thing that works man.
>>
>>60202072
 print(a.bar) 

whats the issue here
>>
>>60202049
MSE isn`t the best but it`s good enough as long as you don`t go downloading and running .exe`s from shady e-mails from Nigerian princes
>>
Here's a question: Why are printers so evil? My phone is thousands of times more complex than a printer and every computer I plug it into still connects to it and can communicate properly. What is it about printers specifically that makes their manufacturers totally unable to develop a reliable way to interface with them?
>>
How do i get download links for youtube videos?
>no apps, manually
>>
>>60202101
I'm printing a list of instances of foo. I'd rather just print the list rather than going through each element
>>
>>60202172
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/
>>
>>60202276
>https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/
>>no apps, manually
>>
>>60202163
>It's 2017
>We have a supercomputer with a 2k display in our pockets
>We can connect to a wireless network and have it automatically configure itself in seconds
>The internet is able to reroute packets around any router that goes down implicitly
>printers still require you to download the HP botnet that constantly runs in the background and even then they either don't work or print the document incorrectly
>>
>>60202049
MSE has been shit for at least 5 years now. If you want "set it and forget it" bitdefender free is good, although you'll need something like MBAM if you want manual scans.
>>
>>60202163
Because of the inkjet business model. Printers are sold at a loss and they desperately try to make it up by selling ink and cutting costs on R&D. If you shell out for a quality Brother printer then you'll be set for a few years.
>>
>>60202323
>>60202113

ok thanks
>>
>>60202101
>>60202072
Guess I'll just do this
for list in self.board
print([x.colour for x in list])
>>
So, if cpu's compute every cycle anyway, even if it's just a 'sleep' cycle, why do they get hotter when they're doing more things? Is the idea that engaging different sections of processor, and/or larger, more complex sections of the processor effectively has longer traces and therefore puts out more heat?
>>
>>60202163
>>60200629
Printer protip from a graphic designer: Save this as a batch file.

net stop spooler
del %systemroot%\system32\spool\printers*.shd
del %systemroot%\system32\spool\printers*.spl
net start spooler
>>
whats a good browser?

currently using brave, which i would be totally content with if not for the fact that it refuses to open fullscreen on start-up
>>
>>60202467
Try Vivaldi.
>>
>>60197632
Are you a professional c++ programmer? How do you actually deal with that language? What do you find yourself doing while at work?

Asking to get some perspective as a .NET dev.
>>
>>60197891
Maybe they are asking you to figure out which uses the most bandwidth?
for example:
>Download the entire load
would take more bandwidth than the other two options.
Bandwidth is almost a non-issue with
>Do all the calculations remotely
as you would only suffer latency.
> Download only the ones required
would suffer from both.
>>
What's a good chat system like signal/tox but that would work with an Android phone and a computer?
I've tried antox but it's super buggy and doesn't work
>>
>>60201491
This. Changing the DPI fucks with Samsung stock dialer.
>>
Why did nobody tell me that xcopy is shit and I should have been using robocopy all along?
>>
Where do I go to get a decent Cat 7 cable that isn't a billion miles long? I don't want to get chinked.
>>
>>60202770
Make your own
>>
>>60202474
seems pretty cool so far. thanks
>>
How do I set up NAT for ipv6?
>>
I have a bunch of rare albums that I'd like to scan the covers/inserts/etc. What are some good scanners to accomplish this? I don't really know what to look for.
>>
>>60198925
jumpers on the drives? cant remember if those are still relevant on SATA drives
also try just the drive and no DVD
>>
How do I create an internet to replace the current one when it goes full censored oppressive botnet
>>
I just made my first website with the wix platform. Now that it's published I'm trying to change the name of the website that shows up on the tab and google's search result. For some reason I can only find the option in the wix dashboard to change the name to anything with lower cases and no spaces. How do I change the name to include capitals and spaces and other characters? Would that be on my domain provider's dashboard?
>>
>>60203165
Setup a firewall to block incoming connections and enable outgoing ones.
>>
Is HDD failure as common as people put it out to be? I bought a 2TB SeaGate drive because my computers hard drive is almost full.
>>
>>60200953
sorry i wasnt looking,i worte up a python script,it will rename your folders from
>[group]name
to
>name

https://pastebin.com/HX74QL7q

it was written in python3 and tested in windows7,it probably can be improved

more info on regular expressions and file organizing in python
regex
>https://automatetheboringstuff.com/chapter7/

file stuff
>https://automatetheboringstuff.com/chapter6/
>>
>>60203550
meant to reply to this
>>60201044
>>
>>60203372
Not relevant.

>>60203165
You generally shouldn't.

>>60203502
If you care about your data don't trust any drive of any kind. Make proper backups.

>>60202447
>if cpu's compute every cycle anyway, even if it's just a 'sleep' cycle

They don't, modern CPUs switch off the clock and/or power to as many sections of the chip as possible that aren't being used right now.

>and/or larger, more complex sections of the processor effectively has longer traces and therefore puts out more heat?

The traces are negligible for power, it's just more logic in the more complex sections.

Modern CPUs will also automatically adjust clock and frequency so when mostly idle it'll drop down to take less energy per clock out of the same amount of logic.
>>
I'm using ccd0's 4chanX and its been slightly buggy since FF 53. Just wondering if anybody else has had issues
>>
hey c++ op what do after programming principles and practices using c++?
I'm doing https://github.com/open-source-society/computer-science atm
are there any books you would suggest
>>
File: hillbilly-pepe.jpg (113KB, 414x508px) Image search: [Google]
hillbilly-pepe.jpg
113KB, 414x508px
>>60202447

Not all cycles of instructions are built the same anon (nor do they take the same amount of time, even if it's milliseconds.)

A nop instruction, for instance, will do nothing. The processor reads the single byte and determines it's supposed to move on. This could be done within a single hertz.

A mov instruction, on the other hand, reads the byte that says mov (it's not that simple but you get the point) and knows it now has to read the next 2 bytes (which in turn could actually be pointer to other bytes.)

Say we need to move data from the internet to the hard disk. You need to run through a bunch of instructions that grab the data through nic and then move it memory before moving it from memory to the area of the hard disk you determine it needs to be.

So to TL;DR: Yeah, it kind of uses more parts of the processor but also reads, writes and compares many more bytes when doing actual work.
>>
Does the x220t support coreboot?
>>
Should i put my audio drivers to use 24 bits 48000MHz or 192000MHz?
What is the difference?
>>
>>60202561
>take more bandwidth
>not throughput

I don't think you know what bandwidth is anon.
Bandwidth is how much data is coming down the line at once and throughput is the amount of times per second is does so (1 hertz == the amount of data on a single band per second.)
>>
>>60202072
I'm late as fuck, but you can just define a class' __repr__ method, make sure it returns a string:

class Foo():
def __repr__(self):
return str(self.bar)
>>
>>60203550
I read through the two links, thanks for showing me what's going on. I've never used python but I get the gist of how this works.

I'm going to have to ask a few really stupid questions, I'm sorry in advance.
To run, this, I should save as a .py file? Downloading idle IDE and running the file should be enough?
Also, not all of my folders have the bracketed group name (no name). Just to double check, the deletegroup(name) would return an empty string, and nothing would be cleaved from those titles, right?

Sorry for being retarded and thanks again for putting this together.
>>
I'm helping a friend out with some seo stuff for his restaurant. What are some examples for strong keywords?
>>
how can I break a phone's usb c port without making it look like I did it on purpose?
>>
>>60204164
if it doesnt find the [whatever] pattern the name will remain the same,because of what you said,empty string has lenght =0,so the name will be spliced from 0 (beggining) to end

if the brackets arent [ just replace them in the code,or look how to give "options "to the regular expression search
>>
>>60204164
also,yes if you get the idle and save it as py it should work.get the python3 one ,i think the python 2 default installer doesnt have the re module
>>
>>60198511
still waiting for 100Mbit
>>
Best RSS reader?
>>
File: 60625634_p0.png (335KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
60625634_p0.png
335KB, 800x640px
>>60204435
>>60204481
Thank you so much. I will try this out!
>>
>>60199524
install gentoo
>>
This is the strangest thing. I can connect using my mobile network, but not wifi (the server isn't in the local network btw).
>>60197920
>>
Any good public torrent site for ebooks? I know it's not that /g/-related but I'm looking for a psychology book released in 2016.
>>
Stupid hardware question for a first time PC builder.

If a HDD says it comes with nothing but the HDD, no screws, cables, etc. does that mean I at least need to buy a SATA cable or will the case come with it? Or does it vary by case? I realize most cases are now screwless and I am getting one that is toolless, but it seems like I'm going to need to buy a SATA cable and maybe something for a disc drive too (weird to be buying a disc drive in 2017 I know but...I need it)
>>
>>60204736
Oh or maybe it will come with the mobo?
>>
>>60204749
>>60204749
HDD's generally don't come with cables, but mobo's come with a few. You can buy a big pack of like 6 for real cheap though, so I'd buy some extras just to be safe because you can never have too many SATA cables lying around, especially if you want to start adding more HDD's
>>
File: tackar.png (5KB, 672x181px) Image search: [Google]
tackar.png
5KB, 672x181px
What did they mean by this? Is this slang for a malicious torrent, or could it just be a reference related to the content of the torrent?
>>
>>60204782
A quick google search tells you it's "Thank you" in Swedish.
>>
>>60197632
Is Yandex good for general purpose mail?
>>
I have an Alienware Alpha I use under my television for emulation and movies.

It's always worked fine, but now when I turn it on I get a black screen and nothing happens.

The only thing I seem to be able to do is control alt delete but it doesn't seem like I can do anything from here.

Happens both on my personal account and the dedicated Alienware Kodi account. I can't get in for shit.

Any ideas?
>>
>>60204968
You are literally the only person who owns that device.
>>
>>60197632
"The Punished" MK II
>>
>>60204968
First time i have ever heard of someone that got one.
Could be lots of stuff, but it should give any kind of POST warning.
Bad RAM, GPU needs reballing, etc.
>>
>>60204981
I'm aware.

Its just a laptop in a box though. """modified""" 860m graphics card.
>>
>>60205016
I don't get any startup beeps or anything.

It loads up Windows fine. I can pick my account and log in it just hangs at the black screen. But if I CRTLALTDEL I can access that menu with "Lock" "Switch user" "Sign Out" etc.
>>
>>60205050
Did you try safe mode?
You know how get into safe mode right?
>>
>>60204968
install gentoo
>>
>>60205060
Well this is spooky.

I went to shut it down and it said somebody else is using this PC and they will use unsaved work.
>>
>>60205050
There is something that fucks your windows start.
Try safe mode.
Could either be a corrupted windows partition or dodgy malware.

In safe mode disable all the startup files.
Download Microsoft Autorun.

>>60205099
Could be, If you wanna play it safe and go full paranoid reinstall windows.
Otherwise do what i said above.
>>
What's a good way of doing 3D collision detection? I'm using c++ and openg(ay)l
>>
>>60204714
All the public trackers are generally indexed by torrentz2.eu. You could get into myanonamouse.net in like an hour if you read fast. What exactly are you looking for?
>>
>>60199705
they could do it faster, but they go overkill on graphics quality, using extremely big textures and ray tracing and probably massive resolutions to scale down from for top-end AA, etc
>>
What type of keyboard technology does the Surface Pro 4 have? Rubber Domes?
>>
>>60205116
Use spherical hitboxes
>>
File: t3_583u2s.jpg (641KB, 1824x2736px) Image search: [Google]
t3_583u2s.jpg
641KB, 1824x2736px
So I downloaded a movie a while back and Im just now getting around to watching it, and something with the audio is fucked up. Only ambient noise, background dialogue (like a crowd murmuring), and music is audible. No actual dialogue. Its really strange. The torrent only came with one audio track. I downloaded a different torrent of the same movie and its audio is fine.

So basically, whats the simplest way to use the new torrents audio track with the old torrents video? I just want to swap the audio tracks of the two files.
>>
>>60200460
HP?
Hp.
>>
>>60205236
Player?
>>
>>60205256
MPC-HC
>>
>>60205131
Psychology: From Inquiry to Understanding, Third Canadian Edition

The CA edition doesn't seem to be available anywhere though. I'd like to avoid paying hundred bucks for the book that I'd only use in a few months, as the online subscription for additional content is bad enough as it is.
>>
>>60205273
You can only select one audio track?

Is it a BD?
>>
>>60205184
Definitely not mechanical, way too slim. So rubber domes or some sort of chiclet.
>>
>>60205107
I was finally able to get in safe mode after a few attempts.

I'll probably just reinstall.

On one of my restart attempts it said something about "access is denied" regarding a .api file.
>>
>>60205319
I assume you are using windows 10.

Just use 2016 LTSB.
>>
>>60205285
Yep, only one audio track.

Its a 'BRRiP', which I assume is the same thing?
>>
>>60205330
No, they are different.
BRRips are usually a pre-release encode.
>>
>>60205282
Sorry. Doesn't look like there's anything out there. You could try signing up with a PT and requesting it, but a lot of times course books go out of their way to release new obscure editions to prevent people getting free/cheap copies. It's highway robbery, but nobody stops them.
>>
>>60205242

Yup yup
>>
>>60205405
Get a brother printer if you buy another.
HP laptops are horrible.
>>
>>60205325
>LTSB
>"Windows 10 LTSB omits a lot of the new stuff in Windows 10. It doesn’t come with the Windows Store, Cortana, or Microsoft Edge browser.

Damn, much improved.

Thanks!
>>
>>60205413
Well their laptops too but i mean their printers.
>>
>>60205419
You can disable updates with it and defender if it bothers you.
There are download links in mydigitallife forums.
>>
>>60205437
Can I juse use the license key I had for Windows 10 already or is there an activator I need?
>>
>>60205475
You could use MSToolkit, again in Mydigitallife forums.
>>
There's apparently some corruption on my external hard drive. I found this out because I was trying to copy the entire disk to another drive just in case this one started to fail. Funny how that one works out.

Anyway, for the past 50 minutes in the robocopy log there's nothing but ERROR 267: The directory name is invalid. This backup was zooming right along until then. Is there a way I can tell it to just move the fuck on already, or do I just have to wait for some obscene amount of time until it decides to give up after however many attempts it makes by default?
>>
File: 1486979264860.png (12KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1486979264860.png
12KB, 420x420px
WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK

I RAN A BACKUP OVERNIGHT (DRAG AND DROP TO AN EXTERNAL USB-ENCLOSED 2.5 INCH HDD)

AND NOW ALL MY FUCKING DATA ON MY MAIN DESKTOP IS GONE ALL OF A SUDDEN

SERIOUSLY IT'S JUST GONE

ALL THE FOLDERS ARE EMPTY AND THE C: IS MISSING OVER 30GB WORTH OF DATA

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

W
HAT EVEN HAPPENED HERE

SOMEONE SEND HELP QUICK

plEASE

FUCK I'M FUCKING DYING HERE WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS FUCK
>>
>>60205506
>>60205506
I DID NOT DELETE ANYTHING MANUALLY NOR DID I CONSENT TO ANYTHING BEING DELETED

FUCKING HELL FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

FUCKKKK I HATE MICROSOFT SO FUCKING MUCH

I MIGHT ASWELL JUST KILL MYSELF

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO MY DATA

HOW THE FUCKKK
>>
>>60205236
Probably wrong, but make sure the channels are correct. If you try and play 5.1 audio out of stereo the sound can mess up like that.

There should be easy software to do the audio thing if it's mkv format.
>>
>>60205475
Here is a link for LTSB (sorry cant find a better link)
http://uptobox.com/r4qxa7r8bmlo/en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483.rar

And here is the magnet for MSToolkit:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:FB59D3260575A6BFDE6880CE4FF8893D10F01B06

Remember to check the SHA1 when you are done.
>>
>>60205506
SYSTEM RESTORE NOT WORKING EITHER

SAYS RUNDLL32 IS MISSING

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT I'M EXERIENCING AND WHY THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME

I'M FEELING DIZZY
>>
What do you use to read RSS feeds?
>>
>>60205506

Restore point?
>>
>>60205572
>>60205572
SEE >>60205559

FUCKING HELL THIS SHOULD SERIOUSLY NOT HAVE HAPPENED

THIS IS THE VERY FIRST TIME SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENED

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>60205506
>>60205522
Next time use a tool.
Or Copy then delete.

You were copying some files or all the OS?
>>
>>60205595
Boot into a linux live usb and check you desktop folders and stuff.
>>
>>60205629
>>60205629
JUST DRAGN DROP OF ORDINARY DESKTOP FOLDERS LIKE I SAID ABOVE

>>60205632
I DOUBT THAT WILL DO ANYTHING GOOD SEING AS C: SAYS IT'S ALL BEEN WIPED BUT I WILL TRY IT ANYWAYS THANKS
>>
>>60205656
That is cut and paste you idiot, not copy.

Your OS is fucked, you need to reinstall.
>>
>>60205535
Oh you know what, that might be it. It says it has 5 channels in the media info. And skipping around in the movie, there are some scenes where I can hear the dialogue but its very faint, and sounds sort of distant.

Is there any way to get it to play correctly through headphones? I tried messing around with MPC-HCs audio switcher tool, but it didnt seem to help.
>>
>>60205665
>>60205665
HOW IS IT CUT AND PASTE? I JUST DRAGGED AND DROPPED THE FOLDERS AND IT OPENED AN ORDINARY WINDOWS 7 FILE TRANSFER/COPY DIALOGUE

I HOPE WHAT YOU SAY ISN'T TRUE
>>
So I've been having this issue of playing video games and having it crash with a "display driver stopped responding" error. I tried a load of fixes and finally, I decided to try reseating the video card. For some reason this fixed it.

Can someone tell me why this is? My motherboard is 6 years old so I suspect it's that but wanted other opinions.
>>
>>60205711
What you did was a cut/paste operation not a copy operation, you moved the files to your external HDD.

You didn't copy them, you moved them.
>>
>>60205728
Heavy videocards sag with time.
>>
>>60205752
I see. What can I do to prevent this?
>>
when you drop a water on a usb port is it enough to destroy a flash drive when you plug it on that wet port?
>>
>>60205770
get a video card bra
>>
>>60205770
Nothing honestly.
Its a design problem, not something you can fix easy.
>>
>>60205784
I already have a video card and I'm not your bra, guy.
>>
>>60205798
I see. So is it normal that I have to reseat my video card every now and again? Will maybe getting a more modern MOBO help with this?
>>
>>60205734
>>60205734
HOLY FUCK I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT

I THINK IT WAS BECAUSE I RENAMED THE FOLDER MID-COPY BECAUSE SOME OF THE FILE NAMES WERE TOO LONG SO IT CREATED A SECOND FOLDER ON THE EXTERNAL HDD WHICH IS WHERE THE DATA APPEARS TO BE NOW

I LOVE YOU MAN
>>
File: why is this allowed.png (298KB, 1330x383px) Image search: [Google]
why is this allowed.png
298KB, 1330x383px
>>60205359
So I took a peek on amazon preview on CA ed and downloaded the global edition to compare them. And oh boy, fuck academia.

Pic related, global on left, CA on right.

The ToC also have the contents scrambled up and paraphrased some titles, and replaced the graphs with CA ones then they called it a new book.

Thanks for helping anyways.
>>
>>60205822
Not exactly.
But after a couple years of weight and movement it will make it slowly move out.
>>
I accidentally purchased a fibre channel HDD from Ebay (i had no idea what FC was, i assumed it was SATA or IDE) and i was wondering if there is anyway i can attach my hard drive to my desktop to use as a normal had drive?
I received 2 because one was faulty and now i just realised there is no easy way to convert FC to SATA. I looked up this question and it brought me to a segate guide (http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/194055e...)
which was hard to follow and i have a Hitachi drive, so i was confused to as if this would work .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone is wondering what model brand etc here is where i bought it from (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/222463685896)
>>
File: g9O0jNx.jpg (896KB, 3744x2106px) Image search: [Google]
g9O0jNx.jpg
896KB, 3744x2106px
>>60205770
>>
>>60205831
hahaha oh my god thats so blatant
>>
What's the name of that old ibm keyboard with with trackpoint and ps/2 plugs
>>
>>60205870
>building a PC is literally legos
>>
>>60205675
Not sure what you mean by audio switcher. Change settings under your filters, not general options. If you have lav audio decoder, it is under mixing>output stereo configuration. If you use spdif it is nChannels. I've never used anything else (haali is a splitter I think so that's different), but there should be something there.
>>
>>60205870
Cute.

Honestly, is this actually helpful for the GPU? I want to try this now but I feel like that image was just made for shits and giggles.
>>
>>60205914
Its not, its not present in all GPUs but in those where its a problem will only get worse with time.
Remember those 3x fan GPUs with a heavy and long heatsink? well guess what they look like after 2 years.

That image was made just for fun.
Lego would melt under heavy load.
>>
>>60205914
The little nigger would melt
>>
between the intel 7700k and the ryzen 1700 which would be better for second life? using firestorm viewer
plz no bully
>>
>>60206265
I7-7700k if you ignore price/performance ratio.
And that you need to buy a HSF.
>>
Should I get Asus's z270 Code? Or the z170 Deluxe? I like the look of the Deluxe and kinda hate the gaymer aesthetic of the Maximus series.
>>
>>60206458
Z270.
>>
>>60205506
>i made a backup then i lost everything
is that not what the backup is for?
>>
>>60206145
if it was touching the heatsink directly, maybe, in extreme circumstances
ABS plastic (which lego uses) has a glass transition temperature of 105C, the outer shell of a gpu shouldn't ever get that hot
>>
Is there a way to fix the motor in my jelly vibrator without taking it apart?
I'm poor and can't afford a new one, so I really want to fix this one.
>>
>>60206859
>how do i fix something without touching the internals
>>
>>60206884
I can't stand cutting up my only vibrator unless I had a new one already, and even then it'd hurt me too much emotionally, because I've had this one for 3 years ;-;
>>
>>60205848
help, pls
>>
>>60206925
return it and use sata like a normal non retard
>>
>>60206893
Literally kill yourself, you dumb fuck sack of shit.
>>
>>60205848
>.au
just buy a generic 1TB SATA from PCCaseGear or someone else for $50-60
>>
>>60207005
Don't worry, I will.
Thanks for the suggestion, hope you have a good day, anon.
>>
>>60201491
>>60202668
Thanks guys. I tried changing the DPI settings of all the phone/contacts/etc apps back to no avail, but changing the entire system DPI back to 320 from 160 made it work. I'm missing something because this means the dialer must be able to work at 320, even if the system is at 160.
>>60200287
I've spent so much time fucking with budget phones learning a ton about the inner workings of Android. Sorry if I don't want to buy a flagship and flash a shiny rom on it and would rather hack the shit out of a $100 phone and get more or less the same functionality out of it, while manually debloating the stock rom.
Thank you the two that helped me, but you, please fuck off of /sqt/ and go argue about GPU benchmarks or something
>>
What's a good program for .torrent files on Windows 10?
>>
What is the replacement for dumbphones
>>
>>60207158
Deluge or qBittorrent
>>
Is anyone else having problems after the Creators Update?
>>
File: Capture.png (41KB, 1428x764px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
41KB, 1428x764px
Just built this pc and put a rx 580, the gpu fans spin when booting but right now they're idle, shouldn't they be spinning at all time or is that just normal.

And yes I know about the single channel ram, I screwed up on that one, second stick is gonna arrive on saturday
>>
Can a sandy bridge support 2k over vga?
>>
>>60207467
They only spin when they need to spin to cool the card down
>>
>>60207516
Oh well, that makes sense. Thanks anon.
>>
My CPU underclocks itself when I wake my PC from sleep. It's only started doing this since I reinstalled Windows 10. Is there any reason for this and any way to stop it?

There's nothing wrong with my thermals or anything.
>>
File: 1489658452200.png (28KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
1489658452200.png
28KB, 655x509px
Where should I start with learning web dev? Where should I start with learning networking? How do I connect my current knowledge of compiled programming with web development?

In regards to networking I want to know more things than just port forwarding or setting up a static IP for playing warcraft 3. Here's some specific things I'd like to learn.

>Setting up an FTP to share downloaded files with friends remotely.
>Setting up an RSS to download anime for me.

I guess in general though I just want to know more about how computers work, operating systems, networking, and more information about things that exist and how they work. I feel like as a 25 year old that's used his computer for gaming, watching anime, programming, and little else my actual computer knowledge is extremely low even if normalfags consider me a "computer guy".

I don't actually know why reseting a router can fix the internet.
I don't know what it means when it says "DNS" server unavailable.
The only times I've ever used my cmd to check my IP and internet its for accessing my router or when I install Arch Linux and I need to set up wifi.

I actually have no fucking idea how websites work. I have much better vague understanding of how an executable works. My friend is working for the NAVY and he's learning the structure of massive circuit boards that cost a fuckton. He's responsible for operating and maintaining this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phalanx_CIWS.

I want to learn shit and get an important job too. I might join the NAVY as well. I'm tired of being ignorant.
>>
>>60197632
what is good free and easy to use video editor? Im looking to make a cut parts from two videos and make iy into one while keeping the audio .
>>
>>60207618
openshot
>>
Where can I learn more about algorithems and how to make them? For free if possible.
>>
>>60207618
Sony vegas 13 if you can find a way to pirate it.
>>
>>60197632
Must have add-ons for Firefox on Android?
>>
why do people on /pcbg/ force people to buy an ssd when its not needed at all. I see so many people get butt blasted when someone doesn't buy an ssd.
>>
>>60207829
Everyone needs an ssd for their system drive.There is no reason to not have one, they are around $.50/gb.The performance gain is worth it.
A 256 is ~$80-100
>>
>>60207856
i sitll dont think its worth it yet.
>>
>>60207869
Do you understand how mechanical drives work and how much of a difference there is in read/write speed?
>>
>>60207613
Just start reading anon. There are YouTube videos too. Just google things to find the answers to your question. To very roughly give you an idea what dns is, think of it like a phone book. Websites have IP addresses(think of this as telephone number), and domain names(.com, the name of person you're calling), when you type in a domain, the computer doesn't know what the IP address you are looking for is, so it has to do a DNS look up to find the correct IP address, which is like looking in a phone book to get a telephone number.
>>
>>60207948
To expand on this, "DNS server unavailable" would be like someone pissing on your phone book or hiding it from you. It means that the server that your computer is using for DNS look ups is down or your computer can"t access it for some reason like network issues.
>>
File: image.png (24KB, 801x335px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
24KB, 801x335px
So I have a problem with org-mode (exporting org to HTML, more precisely). I have more or less followed the tutorial (http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.html), but I have one little problem.
My problem is that I want the title to be between <title> and </title> in the generated html code so my browser can show it, but I don't want it to appear at the top of the page (as shown in the screenshot).

Here is my org file:
* I want this to be the first thing to appear on this page
- list

* pls halp

--------------------------------------------------

#+Title: Title (not to appear in the page)
#+DATE:
#+AUTHOR: Hotwheels
#+EMAIL: [email protected]
#+OPTIONS: ':nil *:t -:t ::t <:t H:3 \n:t ^:t arch:headline
#+OPTIONS: author:t c:t creator:comment d:(not "LOGBOOK") date:t
#+OPTIONS: e:t email:t f:t inline:t num:t p:t pri:t stat:t
#+OPTIONS: tags:t tasks:t tex:t timestamp:t title:nil toc:nil todo:t |:t
#+DESCRIPTION:
#+EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport
#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE: en
#+SELECT_TAGS: export
#+OPTIONS: html-link-use-abs-url:nil html-postamble:auto
#+OPTIONS: html-preamble:t html-scripts:t html-style:t
#+OPTIONS: html5-fancy:t tex:t
#+CREATOR: <a href="http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/">Emacs</a> 24.3.1 (<a href="http://orgmode.org">Org</a> mode 8.2.4)
#+HTML_CONTAINER: div
#+HTML_DOCTYPE: xhtml-strict
#+HTML_HEAD:
#+HTML_HEAD_EXTRA:
#+HTML_LINK_HOME:
#+HTML_LINK_UP:
#+HTML_MATHJAX:
#+INFOJS_OPT: view:nil toc:nil
#+LATEX_HEADER:

Here is the lisp code I'm running:
(require 'ox-publish)
(setq org-publish-project-alist
'(
("org-notes"
:base-directory "~/test/"
:base-extension "org"
:publishing-directory "~/test2/"
:recursive t
:publishing-function org-html-publish-to-html
:headline-levels 4
:auto-preamble t
)
("org" :components ("org-notes"))
)
)
(org-publish-project "org")
>>
>>60201491
>>60202668
Fixed! Thanks guys
>>
How do i cut down on my digital hoarding obsession?
>>
Are there any free (as in libre) x86 processors?
>>
I use iTunes as my music player on PC and isyncer to put the songs on my edge 7.

iTunes automatically equalizes the song volumes so they are all the same but my phone doesn't.

How do I equalize the volume on my phone?
>>
I accidentally clicked on sync contacts in FB messenger and it added people to my list. I don't have phone number verified.

Did those people get any kind of notification that I added them?
>>
want to setup a send-only STMP server on my linux server, what are good alternatives?
preferably said alternative should have a docker image
>>
why are some FM frequencies silent while others have noise?
>>
I have one network; my LAN. I have two user accounts on my PC. I want to disconnect from the internet on one user when I switch to the other and vice versa.

Except, it won't let me disconnect from the network, only disable the adapter, which affects the other account. Then if I enable it while on the other account it will activate it for both users.

How do I achieve this?
>>
>>60209259
https://askubuntu.com/questions/102005/disable-networking-for-specific-users
>>
>>60209320
not him, but didn't know iptables could do that, neat
>>
>>60209195
silent as in quieter noise or completely, dead silent?

if it's dead silent, then it's probably just squelch, that is, the radio is detecting no signal worth playing, as mutes the output
the noisy ones in that case have at least some signal, enough to not trip the squelch circuit
>>
>>60209359
why the white-noise sounding stuff almost everywhere else though?

my areas shut down all FM transmission this year so there is nothing
>>
>>60209426
>my areas shut down all FM transmission
out of curiosity, what do they use for radio instead? or do people just not listen to the radio there?

noise comes from many sources, not necessarily things targeting FM frequencies specifically
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise_%28radio%29
>>
>>60209485
dab
>>
>>60209511
oh that, i've heard about that years ago, but it seemed to me like it didn't take off, as i haven't heard about it since
very surprising to me that it has gone as far as supplanting FM entirely in some places
>>
>>60209541
kind of shitty in my opinion since some people do not want to throw away their fm-receivers or purchase expensive adapters
>>
Is is53BA.exe important? What even is that?
>>
File: a.png (74KB, 806x240px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
74KB, 806x240px
>>60209566
hmm, figured there'd be inexpensive DAB>FM transmitters, but these aren't terribly cheap
>>
>>60207546
Bumping this especially dumb question.
>>
Should I write down my passwords?
>>
>>60209877
Fucking.

No.
>>
How does accessing files from NAS/DAS work in terms of what happens on the PC accessing them?
For example, say I have a movie file on the NAS and want to watch it on my PC. I presume you can somehow access the network drive just like normal drives and see file contents available.What happens if I load the file with my preferred video player? Is there delay before I can watch the file? Is the file downloaded onto the PC as a temporary to allow streaming it from the NAS?

Similar question with writing to the NAS. If I'm downloading a torrent on the PC, it is possible to set the download directory to the NAS server? Will this lead to double-congestion where the torrent gets downloaded to PC and then transferred to the NAS or would it download straight to the NAS?
>>
What's the max ram that QM57 can adress?
>>
>>60197819
>Just like you do to change images from .png to .jpg
Are you serious? You wouldn’t be actually changing the format. That’s like making a bike shop where you sell cars, i.e. pointless.
>>
>>60197856
Password Safe worked well on Windows 8.1 for me.
>>
How do I get numbered links/forms and VI-like movement in Links, like in Lynx?
>>
>>60210346
Change a file to .txt and see what happens. It's long been a shortcut with images.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.