[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best home UPS out there?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (6KB, 230x271px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
6KB, 230x271px
Have a bunch of services running on VMs and would like a UPS that will support them for at least an hour.

Ideal brand and/or model?
>>
>>60191682
neck yourself homeserver faggot
>>
The weak link is your internet connection. You gonna get 5 or 6 redundant lines with automatic failover? Oh, you didn't think about that? Lol

Cloud is a "fad" for a reason and it's not because of the Jews
>>
>>60191701
Home cloud service would be fine with one high speed home internet line, and a secondary line of the cheapest available in your area to keep it running if your main one ever goes down. Automatic switching can be as easy as a $100 router with dual WAN ports and failover settings.
>>
Listen aids faggots - I never said I was serving to the internet.

The original question was quite clear. Eat peanuts out of my shit
>>
>>60191762
I like you anon. Really any ups is fine. I would get one that has a usb line that you plug into your server. On the server use whatever OS appropriate settings to shut down when the battery reaches 10% or whatever. It's nice to know the power consumption of your server and predicted battery run time, so get a unit with an LCD display. Should run you about $125 depending on battery size.

Basically more money = more run time. They're only like : companies that make them. APC is the OG.
>>
Sorry I just noticed your 1 hour run time. This is very unrealistic. Unless your server only uses like 30w you would have to buy a huge unit that will run you well over $1000.
>>
File: .png (112KB, 1000x614px) Image search: [Google]
.png
112KB, 1000x614px
tesla. always tesla.
>>
This post is as if it were written by Trump.

>Give me the best meal in the world, and something that leaves my butt hole smelling like roses and no bidet overspray

What the fuck am I supposed to do with this information?

If you want an hour long operation expect something noisy, hot, huge and fucking expensive.

Your adorable little desktop unit you posted will give you May be 10 minutes of power.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.