[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on the blackberry priv?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: priv.png (182KB, 670x364px) Image search: [Google]
priv.png
182KB, 670x364px
thoughts on the blackberry priv?
>>
Had one for three weeks to test out. Solid device, if you miss the old blackberry keyboard thats the best you'll get.

That being said costs way too much for the chipset in it. If they added something like curved edge screen or other feature to justify the pricetag then it would be acceptable.
>>
It's a shame it runs Android
>>
>>60183571
I like it, it's a definite upgrade from my Q10.
>I'm posting from it.
>>
>>60183646
>If they added something like curved edge screen or other feature to justify the pricetag then it would be acceptable
how did you have one for a few weeks and not notice it HAS a curved edge screen?

>costs too much
its $300 now, straight from BB, I'm ordering one in a few days
>>
Costed way too much for what it was when it first came out. For $350-400, great phone for the money. Any more than that, you're overpaying.
>>
>>60183711
>implying had another option
>>
>>60185622
BB10OS
>>
>>60183571
Too many chefs
>>
>>60183711
Android is a software ghetto. They have great pizza there though, if you like penicillin.
>>
>>60183571
Best phone ever. You won't regret it.
>>
>>60183571
passport > *
>>
>>60183571
What's the latest android version it runs?
>>
The soft-keyboard is nice with the swipe up to fill in shit.
Never even seen the phone.
>>
>>60183717
what case if any are you using? Im looking at the oem kickstand case and the stilgut flipout. i was thinking about getting the regular pocket and using it in conjunction with the oem leather pocket one, but as it stands im about to buy 4 different cases until I see some solid opinions that arent amazon reviews
>>
>>60187011
>getting the regular pocket and using it in conjunction with the oem leather pocket one

getting the regular SLIDE OUT case using it in conjunction with the oem leather pocket one
>>
File: mah-nigga.jpg (51KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
mah-nigga.jpg
51KB, 680x680px
>>60186303
>>
Too expensive and the slide out keyboard is a gimmick for tech illiterates.
>>
>>60187175
>stop liking what I don't like
>>
The keyboard is on the wrong side.
>>
>>60188539
It's exactly where it should be
>>
File: n900.jpg (202KB, 1500x1136px) Image search: [Google]
n900.jpg
202KB, 1500x1136px
Where did this fucking form factor go?
>>
>>60183571
The priv is top heavy so it makes using the keyboard very uncomfortable some say even useless. Better get the KeyOne
>>
>>60183571
9.5/10 phone, but too damn expensive
>>
>>60183571
Such a shame it runs a 808 and still no nougat update
Would've bought it instead of a passport if not for those
>>
priv vs blackphone 2?
>>
>>60190462
Priv, then use your own private communication softwares.
>>
>>60190664
yeah but priv doesn't notify about stingrays
>>
>>60188609
Died in the chase for "muh thin phone"
>>
Eh i am waiting for the KEYone.
>>
File: 1.jpg (35KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
35KB, 750x750px
I have one. Posting this from it using my "top heavy" and "useless" keyboard according to anons who have never even held one.

Is it the best home? No
Is it a good phone? Yeah

If you want a keyboard without having to sacrifice screen size then it's really your only option. But beware, if you've ever owned any sort of slider before you know that eventually that sliding mechanism loosens up a bit. It won't stay as tight as it is out of the box forever. Also because they had to make everything as thin as possible it isn't the strongest phone in the bend department. Highly recommend getting a hardshell case. I use the one in the pic.
>>
>>60188609
those keyboards are expensive to make
>>
Using it right now. Great phone with good features, and the keyboard is phenomenal for the form factor.
>>
File: blackberrykeyone_big[1].jpg (34KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
blackberrykeyone_big[1].jpg
34KB, 800x500px
>>60183571

If I wasn't a poorfag, I would buy it. The recent Keyone looks too odd for my taste. They could've put the toolbelt where the standard android function buttons are. some people prefer capacitive buttons but I think onscreen buttons for the android would suit this phone better with physical call/end buttons and a trackpad. well maybe the keyboard is capacitive like the Priv.
>>
>>60188609
into the trash where it belongs
landscape keyboards are for children
>>
>>60186303
>Nigger detected
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.