[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pcbg/ - PC Building General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 379
Thread images: 37

/pcbg/: Post your component list; rate other anons'; ask questions in general.

State the PURPOSE of your PC & BUDGET. State COUNTRY if not USA.
List GAMES/SOFTWARE you use often. List resolution & hz if gaming.
Seeking build improvements? Clarify goal: lower price or improved specs?
ctrl+f to see if your question was answered already

>Assemble your parts list with price comparisons & compatibility filter.
https://pcpartpicker.com

>Information on how to assemble a PC, select components & more. (somewhat outdated)
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

Currently worthwhile CPUs:
>G4560 for budget builds (<$500) unless G4620/i3-7100 is heavily discounted
>i3 are only worthwhile for dwarf fortress & single-purpose emulator boxes
>i5 aren't worthwhile. Get Ryzen 5, drop down to G4560, or up to R7/i7
>R5 1400 is not worthwhile unless discounted
>i7-7700k is good but bad value. If over budget, an R5 is probably as good or better for you
>R7/Xeon for compute/multitask/mixed use

Currently worthwhile GFX cards:
>RX570, RX480(if cheap & not blower), RX580, 1080, 1080TI
>RX570 is usually all you need for 1080p@60hz
>RX550 & RX560 are worth considering if you just need 6 monitor support for cheap and/or play low end shit
>1060 & 1070 are worth considering if you already have a Gsync monitor. 1050Ti is for mITX builds or if on sale at ~$100
>Nvidia GPU + Ryzen has issues in many games atm
>Budget builds: consider integrated graphics over a card weaker than RX560
>May for Vega

General:
>No brand/model loyalty. Parametric filters on pcpartpicker can help
>Consider larger SSD-only for what you budget SSD+HDD combined. Add HDD later once needed
>NVMe aren't for faster OS boot. They're primarily for productivity as a scratch disk
>Stop fucking confusing any M.2 drive with NVMe. M.2 is a form factor
>mATX can often save cost as the board+case is usually cheaper
>1 DIMM is significantly slower than 2 DIMMs
>>
File: SIMWGA0.jpg?1.jpg (380KB, 1494x2656px) Image search: [Google]
SIMWGA0.jpg?1.jpg
380KB, 1494x2656px
Also the last of my shit came in today but its way too fucking hot to build it now.
>>
is this worth the price?
https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SGRAATIR9290X4GB

it would be going into this
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/R9Dbf8
>>
Need help guys.
Got my first rig today, now after few ocs on my 580 and a reboot the driver says there was a problem and settings will be set back... but now the last 3 Gpu Core stages are locked to 1150 mhz, before they were 200-300 higher!! what is going on?
>>
>sempron 3850
>ecs kam1-I motherboard
>8gb corsair vengeance lp 1600mhz ddr3
>160gb wd blue
>seasonic 350w psu

Lets do this shit
Everything should be here by the end of the week, psu comes tomorrow, then I've got to bastardize a case for this thing
>>
>>60182159
it is pretty cheap, but a reference 290 isn't something i would ever recommend. They run VERY hot, VERY loud and will thermal throttle. Not really a good choice, you can find better used cards on ebay from trusted sellers.
>>
>>60182431
>sempron 3850
Nigga, you can buy an Athlon 5350 used for the same price.
>>
>>60182102
Need advice on whether to get the RX 570 or 580 4GB. Some help on the wifi card as well.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/whFW8K
>>
>>60182118
i remember when i built mine i did it as fast as i could and cut myself very bad with the fucking IO shield, there was blood everywhere all over the RAM, CPU & cooler heatsink. To this day there's still dried blood on the RAM
>>
>>60182514
>https://pcpartpicker.com/list/whFW8K
Get 3200mhz ram - should be pretty much the same price.

Wifi card is fine unless you have 1gbit internet

570 is fine for 1080/75hz
>>
why is his pc full of jello
>>
>>60182559
Until companies started actually putting some effort into cases and stuff it was pretty much a given that doing any work with a computer would draw blood. I'm pretty sure every time I touched a computer up to 2006 it drew blood.
>>
Im buying everything at the end of the week. Plz help

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gBrJHN
Mostly gaming, have a large tv as second moniter.

looking for arguments against the monitor. i want 144hz but dont know where to get it cheaper or in a higher res without breaking the bank.

And would appreciate a once over to check to make sure I didnt make any rookie mistakes. Thanks, this is hopefully the final list ill post here, so i will be bothering you guys no longer
>>
File: untitled-31.png (34KB, 681x758px) Image search: [Google]
untitled-31.png
34KB, 681x758px
>>60182514
The 580 (8GB) and 570 (8GB) perform pretty close to each other, i personally think going for the 570 8GB is a wiser choice because of the extra VRAM: some rare games already manage to go above 4GB on max settings. The slight performance drop you get in exchange for 0 chance of that VRAM bottleneck ever happening for the duration of the card seems pretty worth to me.
>>
Would June/July be a good time to build a high-end computer for around $1500-$2000?

Or is there something really good coming out in Q3/Q4?
>>
>>60182650
It's an issue of pricing. The 580 8GB is too expensive for my budget. So I need to choose between the 570 and 580 4GB.
>>
>>60182607
Heatsink sucks
Ram sucks
Case sucks
PSU sucks
Graphics card and monitor are a bad pairing

Is this your first build?
>>
>>60182607
get a monitor with g-sync at least, that's probably the shittiest 144hz monitor out there right now
>>
>>60182607
Your case doesn't have a 2.5" slot for your SSD.
>>
>>60182708
It is, and im not really a /g/ent anyway.could you make some recomendations? Anything would be apreciated
>>
>>60182607
That seems like a pretty low end cooler, i wouldn't recommend it.
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1406-page3.html
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1406-page11.html
Using this website's benchmarks, it seems only 2°C cooler than intel's (very bad) stock cooler. Granted, this is on old hardware, but the point still stands: it's not that much better than an already very bad cooler.
For $10 more you can get much better coolers already like the Hyper TX3, 212 Evo, and with $4 over that you get a cryorig C7, pic related.

Don't cheap out on the cooler, it's one of the things you never regret spending more money into (unless above $80). A $30 cooler will last you long and will carry on to your next builds, the one you posted won't and is even most likely to bad to be viable in your current build.
>>
>>60182734
Whats g synch?

>>60182774
Thanks, i know. I have one of those metal hdd to ssd brackets
>>
>>60182701
rx 570 8GB
>>
>>60182708
You forgot:
Motherboard sucks (sucked? Did they get their shit together?)
SSD sucks
Keyboard sucks

We're being baited.
>>
Is X370 really worth it if I'm not trying to overclock past 4ghz? If so, which is the best one?
>>
>>60182858
you can't overclock over 4.1GHz anyway, regardless of silicon lottery

>Is X370 really worth it [...] overclock
no, b350 have good enough boards for decent overclock
>>
>>60182845
no bait sir, just my first build and trying to find out whats what. I already own the case, mouse, keyboard, and the headphones I plan on using with it. Can you tell me what about them suck so I can make better selections?
>>
>>60182808
Thank you anon, very helpful advice. Already got it swapped out.
>>
>>60182810
essentially g-sync/freesync prevents screen tearing in the event your framerate dips below 144.
freesync (AMD) is generally cheaper but g-sync is well worth the money if you're looking at a 1080.
don't go buying high quality monitors for gaming until you do more research on this stuff, you can get really fucked on products.
>>
whats a good upgrade option for 1440 coming from a 380?
>>
What's the best Z270 board I can get with a budget of $280 for my 7700?

I was just planning on getting a Gigabyte Aorus Z270X but I just wanted to see if there was something else worth looking into if I invested a little more cash.
>>
>>60182475
no you cannot, trust me i looked, for a very long time
prices are inflated as fuck because theyre great chips, but theyre never made in big numbers, so new stock is too expensive, and people sell used for high as an be

i was bidding on one used and it hit 50$, fuck that noise
i got the sempron for 24$ used

amazon is all above 60
ebay is all above 50
theres nothing local
most online retailers of new ones either dont have them in stock or the ones they do are in the 80+ range
its some shit

trust me, i would have loved a 5350, i know how well a 5350 performs, my sisters machine is a 5350 and a 750ti
but i didnt have any other choice for a sub 40$ processor after i bought that motherboard for 10$h
>>
>>60182983
>7700
I hope you mean a 7700K...
>>
>>60182981
GTX 1070, or 1080 if you really want performance but it comes at a quite bigger price.
>>
>>60182983
gigabyte has made some great boards this generation, theyre definitely one of my top picks
id just go with the gigabyte board
the offers from the other brands like MSI, ASUS, Biostar, etc really arent anything special in comparison, you get x or y feature here and there but nothing beats the good ol build quality of gigabyte
>>
Kinda new to computers here, I need everything except a mouse and have a total budget of $700ish. Any suggestions?
>>
>>60183053
read the op
>>
>>60182996
I do
>>
>>60183053
Pentium g4560 and RX 470 + 8 or 16gb of ddr4 on the cheapest b250 motherboard you can find with a 1tb hdd, 120gb ssd for windows, a decent 1080p monitor and preferably a power supply with a gold rating or higher

i honestly cant be assed to set up a pcpartpicker list on a 1024x768 screen using a trackpoint, otherwise i would
>>
Built my first system from a combination of hand-picked and free parts, now it's time to re-do it. After some testing my free, old (4-5 years) bronze+ PSU is giving me some issues and it's giving me a lot of erratic behavior. So I'd like to tear it all down and move it to a different case with some better RAM and a high quality cooler.

How does this look overall? The rig will be used for VR and racing sims (hence the wide 144hz 1080p monitor)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/R4pZKZ
>>
File: Golden_Sun.gif (988KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Golden_Sun.gif
988KB, 256x192px
Just picked out the ASRock AB350M for my mATX mobo. Can someone help me pick out a Micro ATX mid tower case?
>>
>>60182933
Cooler - should ugprade to 212 or Cryorig H7 as has been said. The T2 has terrible performance.
Motherboard - ASUS has been having some issues with their Ryzen boards, you're better off getting a Gigabyte or ASRock.
Ram - Use it if you own it, otherwise you should be getting 3200mhz
SSD - Crucial MX300 is best price/performance
HDD - Fine for storage
GPU - A 1080 is generally going to be pretty excessive for 1080p
Case - Use it if you own it, otherwise there are better cases in terms of style, cooling, ease of use, etc.
PSU - Corsair TX, RM, HX and AX are good, other models are shitty. Either get one of those or get a Seasonic.
Monitor - Getting a super expensive graphics card to play at ultra settings is a waste if you have a TN monitor with shit picture quality. If you want the best gaming experience, get a VA panel. If you want the best color accuracy, get an IPS.
>>
>>60183132
Fractal Design Define S or C.
>>
File: 1480439434986.png (706KB, 594x924px) Image search: [Google]
1480439434986.png
706KB, 594x924px
Why can't I just buy a CPU straight from Intel?
Why do I have to pay extra to feed a bunch of useless middle men?
>>
hat's the worst thing that could happen if I don't have qvl ram? I have teamgroup TDRED ram and it's compatible with the MSI Mortar, but I keep hearing bad experiences on it. I'm looking at the gaming 3 or pro 4 but it's not on the qvl. as long as I can boot I'm okay with it.
>>
>>60183196
Because then Intel would have to form the infrastructure needed to sell, package, and ship all these products across the world
>>
>>60182102
>your computer if you lose in homeworld:cataclysm too many times
>>
>>60183196
holy shit what
>>
>>60183262
Normally means they haven't tested it so they can't say it will work at any particular speed. Lots of people use non-QVL ram at rated speeds, but it is hit or miss.
>>
looking for a 1080p 144hz monitor for competitive gaming. suggest.
>>
>>60183281
It should be easy peasy to hire a few Mexicans to mail the orders.
They're already packaging stuff as it is.
>>
So I feel stupid for asking this, but if a motherboard I am getting supports "DDR4 3200(OC)+/ 2933(OC)/ 2667(OC)/ 2400/ 2133", can I put DDR4-3000 RAM cards in there?
>>
>>60182708
>>60182845
>>60182913

I'm a different guy but here are my tips anyway

CPU: You may aswell get a 1600 with a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo and overclock the 1600 to run at 1600X speeds, and save your self £50

Cooler: See above

Ram: Get 3200Mhz 16gb (2 x 8gb) Corsair Vengeance LPX, it's been proved to work well with your motherboard and boost the Ryzen's performance significantly

Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus is absolutely fine, not sure what the other person was talking about, overclocks the Ryzen 1600 very well too with the onboard UEFI software

GPU: Good card but there have been some reported issues with AMD CPU/Nvidia GPU in certain games. You may wish to wait for the new AMD Vega GPU's which should be out within a month, or by June 31st latest. If not, 1080 is a good choice as patches are being released to improve Ryzen's compatability with the Nvidia cards

Monitor: This is absolutely fine too but just bear in mind you will never be reaching the 1080's full potential with a 1080p monitor. I'd recommend looking for an alternative 1440p, maybe that extra £50 saved on the CPU will allow you to do that. Also if you're going to get a 24 inch 1080p 144Hz monitor then I definitely recommend looking at BenQ

Mouse: This looks to be a waste of money, there are plenty cheaper gaming mice out there with perfect sensors, if i were you I'd look for a cheaper alterntive
>>
File: 1485180948872.gif (995KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1485180948872.gif
995KB, 500x281px
>>60183465
I'm not going to get baited. Fuck you.
>>
Gpu temps suddenly increased from 30s to 50s on idle. Should I be worried?
>>
>>60183500

Go onto your motherboard vendor's website, find your motherboard, find the 'QVL' or qualified vendor list, it will list all memory that is confirmed to work with your motherboard.
>>
>>60183113
:/
>>
So, this is the setup I made:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jXsHD8
(The case and monitor I already have . (Philips Full HD 144hz))
For mainly gaming but I do need a good processor for working. (but I don't want to OC)

Suggestions and rating please!
>>
>>60183135

>Cooler
ok, i got the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO in the cart now

>Ram
ok, how is this?
http://www.microcenter.com/product/452485/Vengeance_Series_8GB_2_x_4GB_DDR4-3200_PC4-25600__Desktop_Memory_Kit

>SSD
MX300 275GB 2.5" SATA III SSD added to cart

>HDD
At least I got one right

>GPU - A 1080 is generally going to be pretty excessive for 1080p
aight, Id like the power for now, lets get a nicer monitor then

>Case - Use it if you own it, otherwise there are better cases in terms of style, cooling, ease of use, etc.
I own it, but I will start shopping around to see if I can find something cheep

>PSU - Corsair TX, RM, HX and AX are good, other models are shitty. Either get one of those or get a Seasonic.
Will the Builder Series CX500 500 Watt ATX 12V Power Supply do?

>Monitor - Getting a super expensive graphics card to play at ultra settings is a waste if you have a TN monitor with shit picture quality. If you want the best gaming experience, get a VA panel. If you want the best color accuracy, get an IPS.
This is where I am the most stuck. Everything is so pricey here

>>60183503
Nice, good to hear this. I had already moved over to that cooler, ram, and was hoping to stay with that motherboard. Already own the mouse unfortunately, was a Christmas present from the girlfriend, and was from the walmart if I recall. I like it just fine, even if I wouldnt have spent the money.

So ive never overclocked before, is it a pain to set up?

About the monitor though, atleast for right now I need to pick something up by saturday afternoon at the absolute latest, so im mostly looking around microcenter and frys in duluth, I might settle with what I had earlier and then get something nicer down the road.

Thank you both so much, this is EXTREMELY helpful for someone building a desktop for the first time.
>>
>>60182102
... what is that stuff in OP's photo?
Did someone load it up with automotive grease?
>>
>>60182102
>>RX570 is usually all you need for 1080p@60hz
So paired with an R5 1600 it's enough to get a consistent 60 fps on high settings in Witcher 3? An RX570 4GB to be exact as I currently can't find an 8GB anywhere here in Canada. Anyone have any experience? It's probably the most intensive game I'm looking to run in the foreseeable future.
>>
Im looking for a M2 SSD.
How big is the difference between a SATA SSD and a M2 SSD?
>>
vega may 8th?
>>
>>60183627

Yeah if you don't have the freedom to go for another monitor then just get something now and upgrade later

I'm not sure what the other guy is referring to in regards to ASUS AMD motherboards, I haven't come across anyone having any part-specific issues with them, but it could be something I haven't yet heard of.

The RAM should do fine but it may be worth going for a 2x8gb seen as MHz and memory amount seem to have a fairly significant impact on Ryzen performance.

Overclocking seems daunting at first but is actually quite straightforward, plus with advances in CPU temperature detection it's very difficult to physically damage your CPU like it was a few years ago. This video came out yesterday and explains it all very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yMLKcaFirw
>>
why is it so hard to buy an asrock taichi motherboard
>>
When we will see NVIDIA rebrands/new generation?
>>
>>60183697
M.2 is a connector for either SATA or PCI-E.

M.2 SATA is no different than regular SATA.
M.2 PCI-E is theoretically much faster, but not really in practice.
>>
>>60183712
sauce me, nigga

word is they will wait until end of june
>>
>>60183712

Would be nice but is unlikely, the Computex event is coming up May 30th so I imagine the release date will be announced then, or if we're lucky it will be released at that event.
>>
>>60183760
I forgot to mention that im looking for a NVMe SSD.
I already have all my SATA ports used by something.

My motherboard doesn't support SATA SSDs.
>>
Primary purpose is gayming with some moderate streaming on the side. Availability was very limited (welcome to the 3rd world), this is the best I could think of while keeping budget:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nYymHN
How terrible is it?
>>
>>60183793
Should be OK. Case is ugly as fack.
>>
>>60183838
Yeah, it's the only one I could find that wasn't hilariously expensive (some of them were even more expensive than the mobo).
>>
>>60183627
>>60183724

I've just done a little research and have seen some of the issues the B350 Plus is having. There has been a BIOS update released for it recently so hopefully that will deal with the problems some of the early-adopters were having.
>>
>>60182338
Don't load those profiles at all and let the defaults kick in? Sounds like the set back was on your OC utility.
>>
I need a good/cheap cooler for my I5-Haswell-

Currently using the stock one but the temps get really bad during hot days.
>>
>>60182692
Nothing is coming out in Q3/Q4 except for maybe small Vega. But big Vega is coming within a month or two and fits that budget.

Volta probably won't come until Q2 2018
>>
>>60182585
I had a lian li case that fucking cut me to ribbons way long ago.
>>
>>60183793
>>60183874
You have an mATX motherboard.
Why not get a case like the Rosewill SRM-01 or Zalman T5?

>>60182585
I did not cut myself on my Corsair 500R. I would not recommend it, though, as it doesn't have dust filters and it's not space efficient unless you need 20 standard size HDDs.
>>
is a 250gb ssd really worth double the fucking price of a 1tb hard disk? I'm a normie gamer soon to be in college and I'm conflicted as I've already been jewed by ram prices this year.
>>
>>60184494
Yes.

Get a 850 EVO for $90.
>>
>>60184388
Availability. It's actually depressing how few cases there actually are, the T5 is nowhere to be found. Only Z1, Z3Plus and R1 are available.
Not to mention Rosewill, there are literally no Rosewill products anywhere here.
>>
>>60184494
yeah its worth it
>>
what are some good high end monitors to take advantage of my 1070 or 1080 nvidia card?
>>
what 3200mhz ram is compatible with Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING 3 mobo?

looking for 2x8gb sticks. I've looked on the manufacturer website and I don't get the ram rankings thing in the support section.
>>
4670k OC'd@ 4.4ghz
GTX 780 OC'd @ ~1250mhz
ASRock z87 extreme 4
Corsair Vengeance DDR3-??? 16GB
Samsung SSD 850 Evo 1TB
Corsair 750w Gold PSU

wat do /pcbg/?

i don't really want to do a full rebuild at the moment. my gtx 780 is obviously out dated especially in the memory department. can i just drop in a GTX 1070 and be good for another couple years?

games played:
arma 3
starcraft 2
dota 2
battlefield 1
titanfall 2
doom
etc
etc
>>
>>60182102

I got 3k to spend on an entirely new rig and monitor. What's your dream build?
>>
>>60184780
build ryzen 1800x + 1080ti with a 4k screen
that's like 2900$
>>
>>60184793
name me some fucking good monitors
>>
>>60184800
idk get some 4k60fps recommended monitor thats like 600$
>>
>>60182102
DIE
>>
>>60184850
later
>>
>>60184800
lg 27UD68 if you dont mind using windows scaling, the best 40in chinese one you can find under 600 otherwise
>>
>>60184640
I would just upgrade to a 1070 or 980ti. you can find the 980ti used on ebay for 300 pretty often now, lower if you're good with sniping
>>
>>60184882
The best current monitor is ASUS PG279Q
>>
>>60184640
RX570 and 4790k. Sell your 4670k to some schmuck.
>>
Why is AMD shilling so bad here lately. Why would anyone choose a Ryzen 1600 over an unlocked i5 or i7?
>>
>>60184949
New architecture = shills gonna shill.
i5-7600k beats out ryzen 1600 in the majority of games, due to superior single core threading being the main build for most big PC titles.
The one true argument they have is the 'future proofing' one. an i5-7600k build has no room to upgrade, as intel comes out with 6+ core processors for average users, it'll use a different chipset. So realistically Ryzen will get better as more games are developed to take advantage of mutli core processing / more cores in general. That and the cost of a Ryzen 1600 which comes with it's own heatsink makes it competitive in terms of price/what you get.
>>
>>60184949

their arguments will be

1. more cores for multitasking
2. not intel

i think the real mindset is that intel has had a monopoly over the market for a while, which has caused them to get lazy with their new architectures and greedy with others (6900k for example) and people like that AMD are undercutting them by a wide margin. I can't disagree, it is nice to see competition because competition benefits the consumer.

Buy Ryzen, spur competition. Buy Intel, compliment laziness.
>>
>>60182559
>>60182585
Fucking this. Every time I had to open my old ass computer case I never came out unscathed.
>>
EVGA GTX 750 ti 2GB
Y/N?
>>
>>60185032
>>60185052

So the moral of the story is wait until Intel releases their new chipset then buy?
>>
>>60185032
ryzen supporter here, this is actually a really level headed response. Even with overclocking the r5 is still only competitive, but the future proofing helps make it a better sell. only thing i would add is the extra cores/threads make it the obvious choice for anyone streaming/rendering and it might be better for some people who have a lot of things running in the background while they game as well, ive not seen any testing on that though
>>
>>60185101
how much?
probably not, better off just getting a 1050ti or something.
>>
Should I get Ripjaws V Series RAM or Team Dark?
>>
I have two workstations, one with an i7 6700k OC to 4.5k

And a Ryzen OC'd to 4k

my 6700k beats ryzen when it comes to video rendering and streaming

best of all, the 6700k was just $20 more than the ryzen!

Why get AMD at all?
>>
>>60185032
>h--h-h-h-h-h-hh-h--higher a-a-a-a-a-aaverage f-f-f-ff-f-f-fframerr-r-r-r-r-ates = b-b-b-eb-e-be-b-e-eats
dumb stuttering shill
>>
>>60185255
corsair vengeance. they're the best ram and just $10 more than rip jaws
>>
>>60185263
sure it does.
>>
>>60185277
Thank you!
>>
>>60185263
maybe a r5 1400
a r7 though? nah
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/btHff8
build for my grandma, doesnt need to be anything special, mostly just going for solid, reliable performance. Sticking with the psu no matter what though because I've used it before and had 0 issues, reliable and efficient
open to using used hardware though, if anyone can recommend some used parts with similar performance. dont really want to drop below pentium levels of performance, and older i3 or i5 would be ok too though, or something like a phenom ii, etc.
>>
>>60185155

Moral of the story is be a smart purchaser.
>>
>>60185101
god no
they're so outdated
>>
>>60185263
>OC to 4.5k
>k
hurrrrrrr
>>
>>60185469
i think that idiot meant k as in kilo as in 1000, meaning 4500
even then its fuckin retarded, he should have just said 4.5ghz or 4500mhz
>>
>>60185469
>>60185509
overclocked to 4k and a half resolution
>>
>>60185208
Different currency. Thing is I have a VGA monitor so a 1050 would imply upgrading that as well. Unless there's a dvi-i model I'm not aware of.
>>60185397
It runs Witcher 3 on moderate settings, that's much more than I gave it credit for. I don't have much hope for Doom tho.
>>
>>60185518
>his processor isn't at 4k and his resolution isn't 8ghz

fucking need to step up and get your 8ghz monitors
>>
>>60185535
Doom is optimized well, should be fine.
>>
RX 570 4GB or RSX 580 4GB for 1080p 60 FPS/60hz gaming?
>>
>>60182102
Building a proxmox host with consumer parts (lol Xeon power draw). Going to have NVMe for Guest OS and SSD+HD for larger storage pools. Thinking about an i7. Thoughts?

Going to go with a mid-tower ATX for plenty of hard drive bays.

Budget is about $700.
>>
Is there a best online seller (US) I should buy all my parts from?

Amazon, Newegg, or something else.
>>
File: SilverstoneTJ08-E-23.jpg (121KB, 780x745px) Image search: [Google]
SilverstoneTJ08-E-23.jpg
121KB, 780x745px
Does anyone have the Silverstone TJ08-e? I love how it looks but i'm worried that it doesn't hold up since 2011.

Other best mATX options that aren't fuckheug?
>>
>>60185548
Both are fine. 580 is more powerful and 570 has better price per performance. Pick whichever fits your budget.
>>
>>60185584
i don't but it's certainly got enough room for most things

older cases aren't necessarily a bad thing. hell, some of the newer cases aimed at the cheaper market are fucking garbage compared to what we have 10 years ago
>>
>>60185584
I don't, but it's a good case.
Just make sure you have a PSU that works unside-down. Some fans do not. It pulls air from the top for the PSU instead of sucking hot air from beneath it.

I know some people are obsessed with those cases because they don't really make ones like it anymore. It's a nice, space-efficient design.
>>
>>60185584
Bruh you can get the same effect by flipping any case upside down? You're not Australian are you?
>>
>>60185584
I do. It's alright but the front fan is shit (bad airflow) on low RPM and loud on high RPM. Get something with better fan options
>>
Is XFX RX 480 GTR good?
>>
>>60185584
What heatsink is this?
>>
>>60183602
What kind of work will you be doing?
>>
>>60185781

Yes, it's of the top two of non-reference rx 480s (other one being the strix oc)
>>
G skill ripjaws V series 3000mhz good for ryzen cpu and rx 480?
>>
>>60185584
Caselabs BH4.

http://www.caselabs-store.com/bullet-bh4-matx-case-customizable/
http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=303&area=en

Volumetrically, the BH4 is 22.2 liters of volume, the Temjin is 30.2 liters.

It also weighs 3.2kg as opposed to the Temjin's 5.4kg. Can also have case handles, etc.

Caselabs makes good (expensive) shit. I still think the Temjin's a great buy, though.
>>
>>60185867
Looks like the Thermalright Macho Zero, intended as a fanless heatsink solution. Thermalright HR-22 is also offered by Thermalright as another fanless solution.
>>
>>60184949
Because AM4 is going to be around for a while, Because i5s only pull ahead when the GPU costs $500.
Because they are all overclockable.
Because they are all soldered.
Because the cooler they come with is actually decent.
Because they dominate Intel in everything other than games.
Because their motherboards are cheaper.
Because you can run multiple things at the same time and not lose performance.

This has been said multiple times, but these benchmarks say differently, so Ryzen sucks.

>>60185032

Wow, with my $500 GPU, I only get 120 FPS instead of 130. Damn AMD and their shitty CPUs.
>>
>>60185763
I snickered
>>60185779
you can always replace the fan, or you could remove it and put your radiator at the front, but I'm partial to air cooling,
>>60185867
idk man grabbed it off google
>>60185915
Caselabs does make some sick stuff that's probably worth the cost, however that particular model has a super wide footprint that basically negates volume it takes up. The case also does not look like it can be rotated.
>>
File: 1463718153124.jpg (206KB, 1280x1096px) Image search: [Google]
1463718153124.jpg
206KB, 1280x1096px
What would a good guide/build for a very low cost media pc? It's sole purpose for a while, but I'd also like to host stuff on it as well
>>
File: cpu build.png (57KB, 931x581px) Image search: [Google]
cpu build.png
57KB, 931x581px
Looking to get a desktop so I'm freed from my laptop's integrated graphics (and so I can have a desktop). What I want out of this PC is the ability to put out 1080p 60 fps reliably.

I would state the games I play, but most are either run at the lowest settings or are not that graphically intensive. Some example games I would like to play with this rig would be TW:Warhammer, DOOM, Skyrim.

So far I've defined a $800-ish range to purchase my machine. I'm new to building PC so I'm not entirely sure about my selection of parts. I've gone with the brands I've used in the past for the CPU and GPU, rest are just what fit requirements. I would like this rig to last a couple years in terms of being able to run games reliably (not dropping frames or sacrificing too much in the way of graphics).
>>
>>60186006
You don't know what you are talking about. It a single 180mm fan slot.
>>
>>60186047
Ok? then replace the fan if it's bad?
>>
>>60186034
>$815 for 4 threads
Dumb
>>
>>60183503
I thought you couldn't overclock on the 350 mobos
>>
>>60186077
https://www.newegg.com/global/nz/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=180mm+fan&N=-1&isNodeId=1
Let alone looking for a quiet one
>>
>>60186158
>I thought you couldn't overclock on the 350 mobos
And what gave you that idea?
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/88r9QV

Rate, let me know what you think. If you feel other parts are better, let me know. I want to stick with the i7
>>
>>60185908
Corsair LPX is $100 cheaper @ 3200.

Ripjaws V is 3600 btw
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/blackbearbosin/saved/#view=2MWvK8

is the 1050 ti comparable the rx 570

also fuck windows for not having competition
>>
>>60186173
>NZ
doesn't your toilet water spin in the opposite direction?
>>
>>60186259
>is the 1050 ti comparable the rx 570
Sure. The RX570 is comparably over 50% faster.
>>
what are some quiet, high end air coolers. I have a 4790k that i plan on overclocking soon. My case is the Ultra Rogue m925, if that helps. Thank You!!
>>
Which RX 580 8GB should I get? Is there a particular card that is above the others?
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/F4cQ9W

hey guys, this is pretty much my final content creator /3Dmodelling, rendering and animation build.

any recommendations? am I good witht he 4GB 580? it seems great for the price ($190)

also, will i hit 3.7GHz on the stock coolerwith my R7 1700?

>>60186337
why not AIO?
>>
>>60186378
I heard they require more maintenance and are prone to failure.
>>
>>60186374
>Which RX 580 8GB should I get? Is there a particular card that is above the others?
Red Devil GS, GTR-S, or Nitro++. That's if you're actually running 1440p to make sure a card worthwhile.
>>
>>60186378
>why not AIO?
Because >>60186337 said
>quiet
>>
>>60186440
>>
>>60186424
I'm only going 1080p. Should I change my model in that case?
>>
>>60182118
that RAM is specifically for Intel based CPU's

hyper x
flare x(?)
or trident z for ryzen
>>
>>60183676
He was fused with the machine, becoming more than man yet less than human at once. His goal: to unify what is left of civilization and make our species take the next evolutionary step, just as he himself had done. He is known by many names, yet there is one that fully captures his position, his caste, his deific status to the rest of mankind.
He is The Master.
>>
>>60186512
For 1080p, a good RX570 like the Red Devil (if it fits in your case) is really all you need.

The extra memory bandwidth and CUs on the RX580 don't help it as much at 1080p as it does for 1440p. It's better, but not nearly worth the cost.

I think there is an RX580 4GB on sale for $170 on Jet, though. Might be worth getting if you don't pay sales tax online in your state.
>>
>>60186731
Are there any other 570 cards you would recommend besides the Red Devil? Or is that the only "good" one?
>>
>>60186785
I'm sure some others are good, but I don't know them off hand. Pretty certain the Red Devil is the best of them.
The Sapphire Pulse ITX one is good for.. mITX, obviously. The MSI Gaming X and ASUS ROG Strix may be good? You'd have to read reviews.
>>
File: 278562189.png (85KB, 1153x642px) Image search: [Google]
278562189.png
85KB, 1153x642px
First time builder here looking to make a 1080p/60Hz PC with ~$1300 CAD. Will be used for programming, and playing Dota 2 and recent RPGs (TW3, DA:I, etc.) at a stable 60 FPS on high settings. Ultra if applicable would be nice, but not a requirement.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/RF2Q9W

After some research it seems the new Ryzen line is the way to go as of right now? I'm open to re-picking out parts for an i5 build if it's just as good per dollar. I still need a case and monitor while remaining around the budget.

Am I able to go in cheaper on the RAM? I'm under the impression that DDR4-3200 goes best with the 1600, though if I can go down to 3000 or below without big repercussions that would be great. Was also thinking of a cheaper PSU, but I've read it's not good to skimp out on it.
>>
>>60186891
Looks solid.
I have the same board and it's nice.

>Am I able to go in cheaper on the RAM? I'm under the impression that DDR4-3200 goes best with the 1600
If you're just at 60-85hz, yeah RAM won't affect that much. 2666 is good, especially if dual rank.
>>
>>60186891
spring for a 580, it's only a little more
you also may as well get a 2tb instead of a 1tb since they're usually $20 more at most
>>
>>60186891
also keep in mind DA:I has optimization issues
the water settings look the same no matter what level of detail you pick and the second level of antialiasing changes nothing but eats a shitload of performance

casewise you can really go with whatever you'd like so long as it has room for cable management and fits your needs and GPU size

monitor i can't really help you on that since there's plenty of options to choose from and i'm not sure what size you need and if you want IPS or TN or what
>>
>>60186901
Nice, I'll go lower with the RAM then to shave off some $.

>>60186924
I was thinking about it, but I've read that an RX 580 isn't that worth of a jump if I'm still going for 1080p. Or was that to mean the 8GB variant? I guess it would be nice for the future once I decide to go for 2k/4k.

>>60186949
Noted. I'll mull over my options for another day and will ask again when I've picked out a case and monitor + any changes.
>>
>>60186889
My only problem with thw Red Devil really is the gaymur aesthetic and the fact thats its so goddamn big. The Define S I plan on getting can hold it, I would just prefer something more regular sized. I might spring for the MSI or Asus cards though, thanks.
>>
>>60186891
>programming
>8G RAM

do you not plan on using an IDE or what?
>>
>>60187007
yeah the 8gb variant is moreso what i mean
there are a handful of games that break the 4gb vram limit already and there's only going to be more

may as well futureproof now
>>
File: ryzen2.jpg (78KB, 704x583px) Image search: [Google]
ryzen2.jpg
78KB, 704x583px
Please critique my build again /pcbg/

My goal is to build an entry-level gaming PC for under $1000AUD with scope to upgrade in the future.

I have ~just~ managed to squeeze in the 1600 in lieu of the 1400 I had originally planned, but is it a reasonable compromise?
>>
I want to buy the ASUS dual oc 1070 for 144hz, will that cover it with at Ryzen 1600?
>>
VMs and some gayming?

R5 and an X370?

R7 and a B350?
>>
>>60187016
Being big helps keep it quiet.

>>60187036
>there are a handful of games that break the 4gb vram limit already and there's only going to be more
Fuck off with this misinformation. AMD GPUs don't shit themselves when they're VRAM starved like Maxwel, Kepler, and Fermi do.
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/R4pZKZ

I have a 6700k, maximus viii, and a gtx 1080. Are these supporting parts any good?
>>
>>60187168
>1080p
>SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS for 1080p TN panel
The rest is okay.
>>
>>60187189

The only reason I picked that panel is because it's a curved 144hz for racing sims. It comes highly recommended
>>
File: TEMPS 2.png (63KB, 867x763px) Image search: [Google]
TEMPS 2.png
63KB, 867x763px
Hi, I want my pc to keep the temps cool while I play, also updgrade my ram, any sugestions?
>>
File: R1 Ultimate.jpg (148KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
R1 Ultimate.jpg
148KB, 1000x1000px
>>60187216

How the fuck are you getting a 960 to get that hot?
>>
>>60186711
Kek'd, here's your (you) m8.
>>
>>60187304

players uknown battleground
I dont know, I didn't buy any other fan when I bought the pc ,if you have any tips to give me, I'd be glad.
Also the temperature goes up to 27° C in the day, maybe it has something to do with.
>>
If I can buy a i7 4770s (low power 3.1ghz instead of 3.4 model) for $110 or a i5 3570k for $70 which should I get?
>>
>>60187508
4c/4t is garbage. Presumably you have no motherboard since those are different sockets, so you're paying a lot to support those.
>>
File: 1487575241443.jpg (49KB, 536x547px) Image search: [Google]
1487575241443.jpg
49KB, 536x547px
going to build something like this https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wZZnJV
i have some questions tough what motherboard should i get, is there any components i should switch out and how much do i gain if i wait for coffee lake? and will the cooling be enough on 2 1080 ti sli? i've heard mixed oppinions
>>
>>60187508
depends on your use but for gaymen go with that sick deal on the 3570k and clock the shit out of it, get something like a h7 or true spirit and you'll get a stupid amount of performance/$$$
>>
>>60187543

Motherboard, Asus IX Hero. Intel says they'd have ~15% gains from generation to generation but that was before Ryzen stirred up the pot. And you'll want to get a 280mm AIO cooler, the 240mm will be loud. And as far as cooling goes, with the two GPUs you'll be hard pressed to actually push them hard enough for temps to be an issue.
>>
>>60187543
>11 fucking fans
oh boy that's a lot, way too many. more fans =/= better cooling/noise always
i've said it before and ill say it again no reason for dominator ram
the case is really expensive for what you're getting. if you want a case like that a bit cheaper look into the phanteks entho primo, same features and support different look though, up to opinion. my personal opinion if i was spending that much for a case I would be going with a tj-07, but even then only if i was under a full custom loop, case modding, the works. You'd be fine with something like a define s desu
1200w platinum is a bit much too, hell, even a 1000w gold would be fine, and over gold the savings wont pay for the extra cost of the unit for literally like a decade iirc, and thats at 100% load 24/7/365
>>
>>60182102
I DON'T HAVE TO PROOV ANYTHING TO YOU! (prove)
>>
>>60188067
What do you suggest in cooling then? As for the psu i plan on uppdatering a hdd later and adding ram if i need it, if i don't get the dominator what should i get?

>>60187956 thanks, are the gpu's fine though? Don't mind throwing a extra 500 dollars on better ones if you know any
>>
What is the state of high refresh rate 4K monitors?

I kind of want a 4K monitor, but I play competitive FPS so a 144hz monitor would be needed for that. I don't need the 144fps for other stuff, but I don't want to jump back to 60hz after using 144 for several years.

It might be hard to hit 144fps (next to impossible) at 4K in most games, but I can just play it at 1080p if I need the FPS while enjoying the 4K resolution in other games.
>>
>>60188166
for your budget depending on what you want:
no overclocking - cryorig h7 or thermalright true spirit 140
overclocking a bit - nh-d15 or cryorig r1 ultimate
overclocking a lot - one of the ek custom water cooling kits
realistically the aio only offer 3-5c better cooling over a good dual tower heatsink, and at a much higher price and much louder, if you want to do water do it right. i really only recommend aio for sff builds
even with adding in a hdd, hell even 10 for that you wouldnt need that much psu. a hdd only uses 10-15w. if you dont get dominator since you're running a 7700k just get whatever is cheapest, although i'd still aim for 2933 or higher with your budget. if you decide to go ryzen 3200 is what i would go for, since it is much more sensitive to ram speed
>>
>>60188228
>competitive
i really doubt that you're at the level of play where 144 makes the difference. there have been global elites in csgo that play at 60, and even quake pros that play at 60 or even on crt monitors, which best case only do 120, most of the time 75ish
not a drag against you, just the facts man
>>
File: main.jpg (130KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
130KB, 600x580px
I have an 4770k and a 970. Currently things are going fine, but I am in need for more multicore performance in my 3d rendering and motion graphics. I'm trying to salvage as many parts as possible for an mATX ryzen 7 build. I have questions about part reuse as this was the first computer I built for myself.

mATX - are there any plans for a future X370 chipset mATX board? I need a lot of extra IO that the chipset expands on. How is Ryzen's lane distribution? I've heard that for B350 the lanes go x16 and x4 with x1 being given by the chipset. Is this true? I NEED 1 x16 slot for a gpu and AT LEAST 2 x1 slots available all at once.

CPU cooler - I currently have a be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 and there are currently no plans on be Quiet's end to release an AM4 bracket for the cooler. Does anyone know if I could buy the AM4 bracket for the Dark Rock Pro 3 and use it for the 2? To my knowledge there was a 2011 mounting bracket released that worked for both.

Case - What are the general thoughts on Thermaltake Core V21? I would very much prefer a lateral mobo layout and this seems to be one of the only positively rated mATX cases with horizontal mobo layout. On that note, are there any ATX cases that have horiz. mobo placement aside from the Cooler Master HAF XB EVO?
>>
>>60188228
FPS pro's play at 1080p low settings. Most do have high refresh rate monitors, true, but Really high refresh rate is just for enjoyment. The game feels more fluid and is more enjoyable to look at, and I won't argue that. However, there isn't really a competitive advantage.
Also why not just go 1440p 144hz if you're so caught in the middle?
>>
>>60188373
Oh yes, I'm not claiming 144hz makes me play better. I just prefer it to 60hz quite a lot, mostly in games, but just doing shit on the desktop is nicer too.

I looked at the local store, and I found a 27-inch 1440p IPS panel with a 144hz refresh rate made by Asus.
Asus MG279Q 27" LED IPS

I don't suppose anyone knows if it's any good? Or in general if 1440p is worth it?

>>60188422
I figured I might as well go all the way to 4K since doing an intermediary step (1440p) might cost me later. Better to just pay up now instead of paying less now and then more later. But I haven't looked into 1440p that much, is it a big step up from 1080p?

Oh, and see above, I just browsed for monitors and found that Asus one.
>>
>>60188422
there is a bit of a competitive advantage for some, see here
http://www.esreality.com/post/2727116/yor-average-lg-accuracy-with-60hz-in-ql/
>>
>>60188410
Isn't there already an X370 mITX board? That Biostar one. Others should be coming later this month or the middle of next month.

>Does anyone know if I could buy the AM4 bracket for the Dark Rock Pro 3 and use it for the 2
If it was that simple, I'm sure they'd offer it.
>>
>>60188443
i find 1440p to be a nice bump in quality from 1080p, idk how much that would matter in esports titles though. like in the witcher 3 you can see a difference, idk about something like lol or csgo
i was just about to say that for your case then 1440p might be the answer, the best case here you get a cheap 4k and 144hz monitor and just use whichever is better for whatever
>>
Is there an actual reason to buy liquid cooling? Does it offer anything aside from aesthetics? Do people not fear a tube bursting and it ruining their whole computer? I've thought about getting one to save some money (a 120mm/140mm AIO is cheaper than a fullsize cooler like noctua D14 it has similar temps, but it also saves me money on case fans). How reasonable is my fear that it destroys all my components?
>>
>>60188462
I like 1440p. 1080p is garbo. But with 4k, rendering at 2880*1620 and upscaling to 4k also works decently while only running a bit worse than 1440p.

>>60188499
The only reason is the shitty aesthetic. Maybe better resale value on craigslist?
> Do people not fear a tube bursting and it ruining their whole computer?
The sort of retards that don't care that it's 300-400% louder for 1-5% better performance are the same people who do not consider/fear those things, no.
>>
>>60186696
did i get memed? reviews said it worked with ryzen and my mobo.
can't get it to 3200 tho, doing a step below that.
>>
>>60186696
Is this true?
>>
OK, I need help, but this one is a hard one.
I won't post specs because I need more than one opinion , and different viewpoints and different logical approach to this dilemma, couple of brains are smarter than one.
Anyway, because some family clusterfuck and me being sick as fuck at the moment, I'm poor (this will pass, but as of now, it is as it is, if i was capable to work at this moment, 1 paycheck would be more than enough to build anything i like) .
So, I need PC build that I'll use to move my thoughts from all the problems for at least a moment.
I'll buy almost exclusively used parts, with money being a absolute priority.
I won't lie, immersive games are my primary way of forcing thru this period( neo isometric wrpgs but I wouldn't mind to see new games even on low /720p).
Tl;Dr
Cheapest used gaming PC possible , every trick, every wisdom more than welcome
>>
1080p build for muh gayming, with a view to switching to 1440p in the near future. Tell me what I fucked up, /g/:
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/m27YBP
>>
Best CPUs for gaming:
>G4560
>i5-7500
>R5 1600
>>
>>60188725
The pentium if it's a poverty build. Otherwise the 1600. Locked Intel chips are trash, and the i5 is GIGATRASH.
>>
>>60188668
Looking good senpai. Nothing there that I can greentext which is disappointing.
>>
File: lovely-complex-risa.jpg (55KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
lovely-complex-risa.jpg
55KB, 500x375px
570 4GB for $211 USD or 1060 6GB for $242
I won't go beyond 1080p
>>
Here we go boys. How did I do?
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ffv6VY
>>
>>60188347
Allright, as for the psu i dont mind spending extra for safety but IF there is literaly no use for it i can downgrade it. Probably wont overclock as i have no experience in it and Will just buy new shit if i need a better pc, whit The 11 fans though what should i do there? Some people are saying sli Will be very hot and fans wont cut it. And is there any better 1080 ti's to sli?

Sorry for format, on Phone atm
>>
>>60184949
>t. Corelet
>>
>>60189061
>t. Poorfag
There is no excuse but "M-m-muh price:performance!!1" to go for anything but the 7700K.
>>
>>60189088
Don't forget to buy that $40 delid kit.
>>
>>60189030
Depends on your cpu and what games you play, mixed cpu and gpu's are having problems with dx12 games atm
>>
>>60189168
i5 3570 and W7
>>
/g/ I've stopped caring about le performance.
Been at 2560x1440 for 6 years now, downgraded from SLi 780Ti to 980Ti strix last year and still cbf playing games.
>>
>>60189174
I'd personally go with the 1060 because of the extra vram but they're pretty close in performance with the 570 eating more power
>>
>>60189197
why the fuck are you here then?
>>
File: 1492802570108.jpg (186KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492802570108.jpg
186KB, 900x1200px
>>60189216
I don't even know anymore.

Everything is LED this, muh cherry this, lawdy lawd 144Hz and dat form factory my anal cavity.
>>
>>60189330
I wish I had giving parents at that age.
>>
>>60189342
Your mum is pretty giving, lad. Taking too.
>>
Here's my build. Basically copying everything off the 1500 build from Tech Deals. Looking for a sweet looking case. Someone recommend.
>>
File: rain rain come again.jpg (26KB, 430x283px) Image search: [Google]
rain rain come again.jpg
26KB, 430x283px
>>60189342
Seems like a catch 22.
Be a pampered little faggot babby or be destitute and humble.
>>
File: 1490541342964.png (7KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1490541342964.png
7KB, 112x112px
Is it worth buying Ryzen 1700 over 1600?
In my country 1700 costs 110€ more.
>>
>>60189330
why do i feel like every time i see this picture the cards change from 1080 to 1080Ti and vice-versa
>>
File: 1291091185855.jpg (69KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1291091185855.jpg
69KB, 500x499px
>>60189520
All I see is a child holding the sum of an average adult workers monthly income despite being too young to legally work and earn money.

>captcha please try again
>Select all scoreboards
>3 are gas pricing and 2 are car salesman billboards.
>Please try again.
>>
>>60188410
Core V21 has shit cooling out the box, you only get two fans and one of them is a shitty 200mm that spins so slow.
If you want a horizontal layout get the Air 240 and lay it on its side, it supports that. The majority of non-mITX cases don't do horizontal because not only does the layout hinder cooling due to how heat and airflow works, but it would also substantially increase the size of the case and make it more expensive to manufacture for worse sales gain compared to the traditional orientation.
>>
>>60189550
>Unironically using the new captchas
4chanx and v1 captchas, famalam.
>>
>>60189036
is this a bait? that's terrible on so many levels.
>>
>>60189055
that many fans wont help, and sli isnt nearly the housefire it used to be. you're gonna be fine, those are some of the better ones, id say no more than 3 intake, would 95% probably be fine with 2
>>
>>60189036
very bad
>>
>>60189592
>>60189630
>Say it's bad
>Don't offer any suggestions to improve things
Thanks /g/.
>>
File: captchaaaaaaaa.jpg (17KB, 423x126px) Image search: [Google]
captchaaaaaaaa.jpg
17KB, 423x126px
>>60189584
Been on 4chan for long enough, honestly never bothered with a single extension.

I assume both of these allow a bypass of captchas entirely?
>>
>>60189635
a suggestion: start from scratch. that's the worst build i've seen on /pcbg/.
>>
>>60189635
>https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ffv6VY
Haven't been in the game for a few years but
>CLC
>Non-K CPU (They still do the K designation for overclocking, right?)

Why spend a billion dol-lols on a piece of shit CLC, period, but have what I assume is a non-overclockable Intel CPU?

It's been like 4 years and I'm still so goddamn salty that CLC's gained so much traction on the market. It's disgusting.
>>
>>60189635
not gonna lie it looks more like bad bait than anything
i5 7400 when it gets hammered on by R5 1500x/1600(x), meme $120 watercooler that cools 2°C more than a $70 AIR cooler... on a locked CPU, $173 mobo for locked cpu £118 256GB M.2 ssd when regular sata SSD would offer same speed and capacity for lower price, 4TB seagate barracuda when they have the highest failure rate of any manufacturer & hard drives, £400 case, and a budget PSU to top it off
the only reason i'm making the post i did is so that others people that don't realise what exactly is wrong with your build do realise it avoid doing any similar mistake
>>
>>60189500
depends if you can take advatage of the cores
>>
>>60189030
1060 better
more ram, more poweful, uses less power
defo worth the $30
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3K2Fhq
cozy itx
>>
>>60189794
>i5
>2017
Stop that.
>>
>>60189801
no other choice for itx
>>
>>60189823
The i7 exists, anon.
>>
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138452
stock when
>>
>>60182102
what is the red shit?
>>
File: chrome_2017-05-03_12-27-47.png (68KB, 817x239px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-05-03_12-27-47.png
68KB, 817x239px
>>60188067
>phanteks entho primo
if i get this what more fans do i need whit the sli?
>>
>>60189930
2 in the front, one in the back, maybe one in the top
more fans =/= more cooling
also, why are you dead set on getting such a large case?
>>
Is it true that the 1600x > R7 series because of it's higher XFR boost frequencies in applications that are single/dual threaded?

Are people really getting 4.2 boosts out the their 1600x?
>>
>>60189956
eh im not i can get a smaller one aslong as shit fits, if you have not noticed im a complete brainlet at this shit.
>>
>>60189959
It's slightly, very slightly better. Nothing relevant.

>Are people really getting 4.2 boosts out the their 1600x?
4.2 boost happens but it's the lottery of the silicon lottery, so very very very rare
>>
File: 58168c61bc75bf0e32680338486a288b.png (257KB, 1211x728px) Image search: [Google]
58168c61bc75bf0e32680338486a288b.png
257KB, 1211x728px
critique? comments? someone said the ram is trash before but it's part of a bundle where i literally save $100 AUD on
Are corsair PSU's reliable? seasonic isn't really accessible in Australia
>>
>>60185960
Aweome! thanks!
>>
>>60189973
its all good man. you can get away with a lot smaller of one, look into something from fractal design, phanteks, cooler master, or nzxt. specifically the define series from fractal, master case from cooler master, or whatever the meme case everyone jerks off around here from nzxt is. should save you a quick buck too
my advice would be not to worry about cooling as much, yes you are going sli but the total tdp of your cards is still pretty controllable, and you have good coolers on them. shouldnt have to worry about heat too much unless you were going like matx, which you arent.
>>
File: 1394227630104.jpg (47KB, 879x986px) Image search: [Google]
1394227630104.jpg
47KB, 879x986px
Purpose:
Main tower for a home lab which uses a lot of virtualization. Would dual boot tova windows 10 and a Linux distro. Will be used for editing in the future.

Ideally something that has 16 GB of RAM and something I can build or pay someone to build

Budget:
$800-1200 CAD

Games:
League of legends, would want to game newish games like plauerunknoen and etc

Software:
VMware workstation, Adobe products, Linux software
>>
>>60189993
7700k with gtx 1060? why?
Also yes, if you can get a cheaper PSU go for it, even if it's corsair.
Why the Western Digital Black? regular 1TB drives are like half the price
>>
>>60184027
it is solely a graphical bug in the display of crimson it seems, even though the last 3 stages are locked to 1150 mhz the graph it shows is in the right place. (4th last stage is at 1200 mhz and it goes up from there) When i turn up the frequency % instead of manual input it still hits 1450 mhz....
>>
>>60190038
Forgot to add I also use eclipse and Android studio for development on the windows side
>>
>i5 aren't worthwhile. Get Ryzen 5, drop down to G4560, or up to R7/i7
Can someone explain
>>
File: 1489825231844.jpg (227KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489825231844.jpg
227KB, 1280x960px
>>60189686
I want this build to be viable for as long as it can, don't really care about upgrading my PC every 1-2 years (not a gamer)

It would be all purpose machine running linux, would use virtualization, web/email/ssh server, maybe torrent box and general purpose PC.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this would take advantage of having 2 more cores?
>>
File: file.png (151KB, 972x655px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
151KB, 972x655px
Is it worth getting the faster ram?
>>
>>60190051
Ah damn.. I would tinker about making my own parts but I don't wanna fuck up the cpu and ram and mobo combos and stuff. Kinda clueless about building PC tbqhwy.

Can you guide me? Or would I have better luck in Rebbit then?
>>
>>60190144
Read the OP
>>
>>60190081
virtualization would indeed, but the other things you quoted wouldn't make a difference even on 4 cores. Getting 8 core for overall futureproofing does make sense though.

>>60190144
You have some basic informations in the OP, but the users that come here all have enough knowledge to at least put a PC together. You'd indeed have better luck with reddit.
>>
>>60190157
If I put up a parts list will I get help?

Like what do I pair say and i7 with and which brand of Ram goes well with Intel. These little insider knowledge I lack.
>>
>>60190169
>If I put up a parts list will I get help?
Yes

>Ram goes well with Intel.
Any RAM goes with anything as long as it's supported by the motherboard. Motherboards support specific models (but it's usually not something you should care about because they support a fuck ton of model and even a fuck ton of one that they don't even know they support, thanks to norm)
Make sure not to pair DDR3 ram with DDR4 mobo, that isn't going to work
>>
What kind of people go for 16GB RAM for their system??
>>
File: updated pc.png (241KB, 1452x1008px) Image search: [Google]
updated pc.png
241KB, 1452x1008px
>>60190042
i7 was abit overkill but i'd rather upgrade the gpu than the cpu down the line

updated picture, changed hdd and psu
>>
i7 7700k or r7 1700?

Gonna be mostly for gaming but I also use my tablet for drawing which I dunno will use the 8 cores the Ryzen chip offers.
>>
>>60190213
programming, video editing and producing music i'm guessing, memory hog activities usually
>>
>>60189993
>bundle where i literally save $100 AUD on
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/9mRFf7/intel-core-i7-7700-36ghz-quad-core-processor-bx80677i77700
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/MYH48d/corsair-memory-cmk16gx4m2b3000c15
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/b3jWGX/asus-strix-z270f-atx-lga1151-motherboard-strix-z270f
Unless i'm missing something, you're overpaying for that bundle. All 3 parts i sent total for $848 australian dollars, and they are the same except for the ram which is much better

>>60190222
Drawing doesn't uses 8 cores, nor does it uses 8 threads, you can do drawings on a $50 cpu fine. You don't need either for drawing.
>>
>>60190213
Chrome users.
Also Cemu.
>>
>>60190295
>Also Cemu.
Only on Nvidia systems
>>
>>60190307
You mean using Cemu or needing 16gb?
Does Cemu use less RAM with AMD GPUs or are you just joking about Cemu sucking with AMD graphics?
>>
>>60190324
Cemu using absurds amount of RAM is an nvidia bug.
>>
>>60189993
You ding dong, you should have hit the ebay sale.
Also that's only a deal by PCCG prices.
Never buy from PCCG, their prices are at best on par with everyone else's but their shipping is always much higher.
>>
How come Bronze rated PSUs are the most popular? A Gold rated one that's €10 more makes way more sense to me as it will pay for itself with increased efficiency over its lifetime.
Is electricity that much cheaper in the US?
>>
>>60190349
i can go there personally, and yeah my brother told me about the ebay sale a little too late
>>
>>60189993
>gold PSU
Is there a biggest meme than this?
>>
>>60190343
I didn't know that.
Still it's not like 16Gb is an obscene amount of ram, 8GB is a little tight for gaming when you've got R5 1600 and RX580 money.
But it is kind of stupid how people will build a budget rig and aim for 16GB upgrade or actually included in the rig.
It's perfectly fine for a budget build.
>>
>>60190066
Retards who actually think a fucking 2 core is worth getting in 2017
>>
>>60190362
https://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/10/04/80_plus_irrelevant_to_you_when_buying_psu/1
>>
>>60190066
i5 hits 85%+ usage in game often getting to 95% causing possible stutters, ryzen r5 does not
8 / 12 threads vs 4
Also, you don't need to pay a premium to overclock a ryzen cpu
>>
>>60182102
what the fuck happened here?
>>
>>60190284
you put in the locked version of the i7, do i really need the overclockable one? i do not really plan to overclock
>>
>>60183500
The 2933 MHz OC is basically 3000 MHz. So it should work fine.
>>
Not exactly a PC building related question, but would a 7700k bottleneck two Titan Xps compared to a 6900k in GTA V?
>>
>>60182102
Early 2016 build
First puter I put together in 11 years
General Computing (a bit of everything)
>ROG Asus Maximus VIII Hero
>I7-6700K
>16GbX2 Trident Z 3466Mhz
>Corsair Hydro Series H55 QE liquid cooler
>Arctic Silver AS-5 paste
>Asus GeForce 980Ti Strix
>Corsair 750D case
>Cooler Master V550, 550W 80+ Gold
>4x KingDian S280 240Gb SSDs
>Plextor PX-B940SA dual layer bluray burner
>Seagate Barracuda ST5000DM000 5TB HDD
>Anker CB310 wireless mouse/kb combo
>NZXT IU01 Internal USB Expansion board
>StarTech internal Multi Card reader
>HP 27e Display (got it super cheap)

The 4 SSDs are in RAID 0 as my primary (OS) drive with the 5tb drive for simple low speed mass storage. (impressive speed) I'm hooked to a cable modem via ethernet instead of wireless. It's also hooked to a small 2.1 home stereo, no surround sound.

Just for kicks, I OCd the CPU to 5.1GHz and the memory to 3540MHz. Steady as a rock w/ temps never passing 78C under stress..

I also bought a couple of external 1tb drives for backups.
>>
>Manage to get my computer working with the new 1700x
>Used to not be able to watch 8k vids on youtube, 4K chugged occasionally with CPU usage at 100%
>Now it's at 30% or below

This was a good choice (so far)
>>
>>60190390
Thank you, that was enlightening.
>>
>>60190456
you are right, my mistake, the 7700k is $70 more expensive (because higher clocks and unlocked)
Also, i'm not seeing a cooler in your build. The 7700k comes without one.
>do i really need the overclockable one?
Well no you clearly don't, but going down the 7700(k) path without oc'ing is kinda... weird. If it's futureproofing and not having to upgrade you want, an R5 1600(x) would make more sense because of the extra 2 cores: 7700k already hits 75+% usage in game where the 1600 hits 50%, though you'd be losing on some fps with the r5 1600. The 7700k is the best current gaming CPU (because it has highest clocks of an intel cpu on 4 cores) but it has the disadvantage of running very (very) hot, requiring a cooler, requiring a pretty good mobo (where any ryzen cpu oc fine with a $90 b250) one, and most importantly having only 4 cores. It's usually picked by extreme overclockers or anyone that needs the best singlethreaded performance, but if it's futureproofing you want it's not particularly a good pick.

>>60190526
7700k does perform better in games than 6900k but only about 5 - 6% better at best. Not really sure how two Titan XPs perform in GTA:V so i can't tell you if it will bottleneck them, but it's your best choice anyway. Get a watercooler, delid it and oc it to 4.9GHz but that should be only needed if you have a 240hz screen or something. It manages 144hz on default clocks easily.
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/88r9QV

Rate, let me know what you think. If you feel other parts are better, let me know. I want to stick with the i7
>>
>>60190573
yeah my friend bought a $6 dollar intel stock cooler and it hasn't caused a housefire yet so i might get the same thing that he has.
Thanks for the explanation
>>
File: image.jpg (4KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4KB, 300x57px
>>60190596
i would get 1tb ssd, they don't cost much more. you won't notice a real life difference between 850 pro and let's say mx 300.
>>
>>60190606
>yeah my friend bought a $6 dollar intel stock cooler and it hasn't caused a housefire yet so i might get the same thing that he has.
are you saying you're going to pair an intel stock cooler with a 7700k
>>
>>60190606
There are different types of intel stock coolers.
The older ones are significantly better so look out for that.
>>
>>60190596
>850 pro
Those aren't for you, downgrade to a 850 evo for higher capacity or get another brand like the another anon recommended
>>
>>60190624
my friend did and his temps are fine, would a https://www.pccasegear.com/products/21224?gclid=CLbb2b_V09MCFYeCvQodXKUHGQ&gclsrc=aw.ds be more appropriate?
>>
>>60190648
The 7700k runs very very hot even on high end coolers, i doubt your friend's temperatures are anything "fine"
Yes, the cooler you posted would be a significant upgrade.
>>
>>60182102
What the fuck
>>
>>60190617
>>60190640
Got it. Replacing the Evo Pro. Going to look at the 850 evo or the MX 300

Are the other parts okay?
>>
>>60190032
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tdwrCy
still looking at different cases, you think this is okay?
if i wait until coffee lake what do i need to swap out? motherboard and cpu cooler?
>>
File: file.png (92KB, 1360x382px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
92KB, 1360x382px
>open Speccy
>WMI Provider host usage shoots up
>Check Windows error viewer
>It say's it's speccy

Has Speccy become malware?
Anyone else getting this problem?
>>
>>60190882
No, but I haven't updated speccy in years.
>>
>>60190924
Me neither have I. I was running v 1.25.674 before (2014) so I updated to the newest version and still have the same problem
>>
>>60190838
Yes, other parts are good
>>
>>60190864
>motherboard and cpu cooler?
If coffee lake is a socket change, yes. If it isn't, new mobo will still be required because it will most likely need a bios update just like kaby lake did.
>>
Can we stop and appreciate how good the market for computer parts is at the moment?

There are no cookie cutter builds, like in sandy bridge days, even in a single price point there are multiple viable options, varying on the need for threaded performance and so on.

And even in cases you have some pretty interesting options at sub $100, like compact ATX cases.
>>
File: specz.jpg (41KB, 562x423px) Image search: [Google]
specz.jpg
41KB, 562x423px
Australia here.
My Gigabyte Windforce 280X has been having overheating issues for a while and the issues associated with that have prompted me to buy a new card. Budget is fairly tight so I'm thinking an MSI RX480 (for $330AUD). I could get an RX580 for ~$50 more but it'd be a gigabyte model and I'm a little turned off them after waiting a month for my 280 to be repaired and it still having an issue when it got back to me.
The MSI RX580 is a full $100 more than its 480 contemporary and I'm not interested in going that high.

Is Vega likely going to have an effect on pricing? My understanding is that it's going to be higher tier products so not that relevant to the mid-tier I'll be interested in.
>>
>>60191359
Did you try changing the thermal paste?
>>
>>60191359
Sorry, also I'm gaming at 2560x1440 with a variety of titles.
>>
So are there any sub-£100 motherboards that actually work with Ryzen guaranteed?
>>
>>60191384
Tomahawk, fatal1ty AB350
>>
>>60191374

Numerous times, with heavily varying amounts. It helps for a while (a few days) but then returns to overheating.
My case has fine airflow, and even with the side panel off it still happens.

When I got it back from repairs, the note said it had a damaged C0 3 component, I haven't been able to find anything out about that though.
>>
>>60191384
All AM4 boards will work with ryzen, it just depends on which ryzen and what you want to do with it.
There's a couple that are limited to the 65w CPUs so the best you can do is a stock 1700 bust as long as it has a heatsink on it's VRMs and it isn't one of those limited ones it should be able to overclock to varying extents depending on if you're doing an R7 or R5.
>>
>>60191384
what do you mean work with it guaranteed?
All AM4 boards work with it
>>
>>60190066
i think i can give you a NonShilly explanation.
i recently completely my first build a few months ago with an i5 7600k, just so you know where im coming from.

Current games work fine with 4 cores.
A few games take advantage of more than 4 and multithreading. Similar to SLI GPUs, some games utilize it, some dont.

From what ive heard, years ago games were optimized for 2 cores, making 4 overkill. but as games get more complex and workloads heavier, more cores becomes more useful.

For the next few years a good i5 will be fine. Intel's current advantage is that their core are fast at a time when games take full use of 4 cores. So you will likely get Higher FPS in games.

Ryzen's potential advantage for gaming is that we might be entering a transition period where games go from 4 cores to utilizing 8 or more. Their cores are fast enough, but if you look at Ryzen benchmarks you will see that pretty much all the Ryzen CPUs are butting heads with the i5s in games. Its like juggling 4 balls with 16 arms... its just not needed YET. A person with 2 or 4 faster arms can easily juggle the load.

Outside of gaming the Ryzen CPUs absolutely Buttfuck intel in workstationy tasks that utilize more than 4 cores.

So for gaming and gaming only, you are fine with most i5s from the 2500k to the 7600k. But the Ryzen cpus will give you some flexibility and a bit of future proofing as games start using more cores.

(what i gather from watching way to many youtube reviews)
>>
>>60184780
>dream
I guess this has to be the ultimate gaming rig
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kQQzxY
You can probably save some cash with low performance losses but with 3k you can pretty much get what's currently considered maximum performance-wise in gaming.
Monitor is 4k g-sync.
Case is random well reviewed case for reference feel free to choose whatever you prefer.
Looks are not taken really taken into account if you wish to make it look pretty consider droping from the PRO to EVO ssd and from 2tb wd black to 1tb wd black and drop ram to 3000mhz 16 cas which should save you approx 300$ to spend on looks.
Did not include case fans considering you might like leds on them or whatever, case fans really don't matter.
If planing on multitasking and using multithreaded programs consider what >>60184780
anon said.
>>
Why do people buy Ryzen CPU's when the i7 7700k beats it out of the water?
>>
>>60191756
>have all the possible money you can spend
>buy an i7 7700k
>>
File: 1493526405485.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1493526405485.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>60191776
Ryzen 5 1600 with Wraith Spire Cooler as stock cooler = 220$
i7 7700k + good cooler to avoid housefire = 500$
Good ryzen mobo that can handle overclocking 80$
Good i7 mobo that can handle high ram speeds and overclocking 180$
Should i continue?
i7 7700k only performs better in games because current AAA titles are utilized around it however it's actual value as a piece of hardware for it's price is total bs
Ryzen loses in benchmarks currently due to a combination of lack of utlization of it's hardware along with several early driver issues and incompatibility to nvidia gpu's.
i7 7700k 4cores 8 threads
ryzen 1600 6 cores 12 threads
The 4core model has been getting old and soon games will start utilizing more and more cores.
Ryzen will only perform better with time in games while the i7 7700k will get outdated considerably sooner.
Should i continue?
>>
File: C58KedwWMAAoiqT.jpg large.jpg (19KB, 640x634px) Image search: [Google]
C58KedwWMAAoiqT.jpg large.jpg
19KB, 640x634px
Any ideas or improvements for this budget Ryzen build?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wPrxm8
>pic unrelated
>>
What is the max temp I should be allowing on ryzen 5? Running these for work at 1.35 and its getting up near 80C when running prime 95 on all cores. Stock cooler its more about 78C right now after a few mins its looking like the temp is stabilizing.

Is there a good price/performance air cooler I can get to bring that max temp down? Would like these machine to last. Making them for people at work who are not computer savey beyond their software and I get enough problems from user error.
>>
>>60192036
Why are you overclocking them so high anon? If you want them to last don't go over 1.3.
Their stock cooler(Wraith Spire) is in the 30$ class of coolers so i wouldn't really recommend spending 50$+ just turn the overclocking down a bit.
>>
>>60192032
Looks good, I am doing a similar build but with the limited parts I can get in Australia.
>>
>>60192074

I thought 1.35 was good? From what I was reading AMD was saying dont go above 1.35-1.3725 or something.

I could turn it down a bit Ill try it.
>>
>>60192032
get a cheaper hdd. wd blacks are a meme for storage (and also are noisier)
>>
>>60191861
Ryzen will only perform better with time in games while the i7 7700k will get outdated considerably sooner.
Should i continue?

This is a lie though. Unless you're referring to future reiterations of Ryzen, but by then Intel will have a competitive CPU with the same cores and output.

The current Ryzen / i7 models out will not change. the current i7 will beat the current Ryzen. It will not "improve and suddenly beat the i7" in the future. It might have more stability and be a bit more fluid, but the current i7 will still output better.

Don't delude yourself. That isn't how technology works. And for games to take advantage of the additional cores of a Ryzen will take years, just like it took years for quadcores and years for x64.
>>
is a 250 gig SSD worth it or should I get the 500gB

I havent played PC games in like 7 years and now I want to jump in but I'm used to PC games taking like 10 gigs of space, maybe 20 at most. what are they at now?

I also want to create labs on this machine. I create labs on my current machine with a shitty 7200 RPM HDD thats at 300 gigs and I'm usually hovering around 100 gigs of free space but I also have a lot of other junk on this machine I can push off
>>
>>60192172

AMD will patch games to help them take advantage of Ryzen. And honestly real world difference is only going to be in a few games at 100+ fps.

Other then that faster memory coming out will help alot also. A couple years from now I am wondering if they get the memory up to 4500+ like they have been demoing and get your ryzen build upgraded to a rock solid set of that make for ryzen.

Does the frame rate difference even show up in most games considering that those twitch shooters tend not to max out the graphics in order tog grab a larger audience?
>>
>>60191710
Also, even current i5 hit much more cpu usage than the ryzen r5 1500x or 1600, it's pretty worrying when you see an i5 7600 near 95% usage during benchmarks

>>60192172
More cores getting outdated slower is not a lie. 6 and 8 cores aren't a high number of cores, even GTA V made use of 16 threads and PS3 games made use of 8. When the best gaming cpu is at 70% usage in any game, that's not an indicator of longevity.
There's still updates that can be done to improve game performance, either through windows; bios; or game specific updates, like the one that happened with AOTS.
>>
File: 1492615965111.jpg (39KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
1492615965111.jpg
39KB, 663x579px
>tfw building my first computer tomorrow
>>
>>60192172
I was talking strictly about current r5 1600 vs i7 7700k. If you don't have budget issues then sure definitely i7 might be the choice for you but considering most here have budget issue i was making the arguement that it is not worth spending so much for the i7.
Regarding Ryzen getting better in games, yes it will take years no arguement there but the majority of people that build pcs on a budget can only do so every 5 years or so, and by then the 4 core model would definitely become outdated and the ryzen 5 once it actually gets to utilize it's full potential in gaming it would output better performance than the current i7s.
>>
>>60192231
>what are they at now?
Big AAAs are easily at 40+GB. Doom is 60, Hitman is 60. Battlefield 1 is 50.
>>
>>60192308
well shit, 500GB SSD it is
>>
>>60192343

Id get 500. Not even a decision. I split a 500gb last few months for a dual boot and the size is constantly annoying.
>>
>>60192231
Depending on pricing in your area just compare and judge if it is worth considering their price per gigabyte. Generally with 250gb you'll be able to have about 5 games ready to use which should cover you considering most games you won't even play after finishing story mode and i don't know many that play 4+ heavy multiplayer games at the same time. A 500gb ssd would generally just make you not think about space as much but the question is if you are willing to pay the additional price that'll require.
>>
>>60192153
Got any source on that? Last time i asked i was told caviar blues are chink shit that wouldn't last so i decided to go for blacks, I don't mind noise or speed on my hdd as much considering i'll only be using it for media but i'm anxious of it dying prematurely.
>>
>>60192425
Blacks are slightly noisier but your computer fans / video card fan are much noisier

Blacks are faster and last longer. Blue is for budgets. Don't even think about getting a green drive.
>>
>>60191196

AMD has made it fun again that is for sure. Playing with AMD master to get my overclock right before delving back into this Biostar motherboard to try and find all the options to lock it in permanently.

>>60191776
Everything for that intel build costs more. You get over buying the best after your first build or two then you start getting excited about how much bang for your buck you can get. That extra 5% isnt worth it.

>>60192036
>>60192074
>>60192123

So staying a bit under 75C is the max then for long term? This is prime 95 on all cores also its not likely to see this much running day to day.
>>
Is ripjaws v series 3000mhz good for ryzen on fatality ab350 momboard?
>>
>>60192477
You could go for 3200mhz if it is less that 10$ more expensive in your country. Check your mobos qvl for ram support. So far i've heard about g.skill trident Z 3200 mhz performing well on ryzen from official sources.
>>
>>60192471
>>60192425
>>60192153
>>60192032

When I put hard drives in my NAS I usually go HGST just because I dont want to deal with failed hard drives. Running zfs with 3 redundant drives and I keep one extra on hand which I havent had to use for the last year.
>>
what Ryzen CPU do I want thats equivalent to the I7 7700k?

What are some things I should watch out for, any MOBO issues? I heard some don't work

What other things to watch out for me? I heard it can be unstable (the CPU tiself)
>>
>>60192474
Well, it is wierd that you've got that high temp honestly. From what i've seen from other anons overclocking they've kept their temps around 60C while clocked at 3.7-3.9ghz and their voltage would be 1.32v. Maybe is it a bios issue or your software that displays the temps/voltage is faulty?
>>
>>60192518
Consider my build anon
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wPrxm8
Switch storage drives depending on your needs.
Switch case depending on budget/preference.
The build's idea is highest value for money performance. It won't be the equivalent of i7 7700k in current AAA gaming but it is going to be able to hold 60+fps on 1440p while also being stable and having a smooth performance overall thanks to the extra threads/cores.
>>
>>60192518

Get either a 1600 or 1700. The x chips are binned for better overclocking essentially and start out with 95w instead of 65w. They are a little better but not really worth the cash unless you just feel like it or will not overclock.

I would get whatever b350 board that everything and their mother has a good time with. I got a couple biostar boards and now its a paint because no one is posting info on overclocking them and I spent the first hour figuring out what their name for everything was in the bios.

Also there was a recomendation for the samsung b chip memory. In the end I would get whatever board memory combo is working for everyone so you can have a good time out of the box.

>>60192549
I am getting temps from ryzen master so I think its good. The bios is updated even the thing AMD released two days ago or so.

Im stepping down the voltage at 1.30 right now with 3.7. Looks stable from running cinebench again and again going to try prime 95 now. I didnt win the silicone lottery but this will be a workhorse fopr general use so I dont mind.
>>
>>60192518
There is no real equivalent of the 7700k, it's the king of gaming and nothing come closes to it's gaming performance, though it doesn't lead by that much.

>What are some things I should watch out for, any MOBO issues? I heard some don't work
For any Intel 7xxx you're gonna need the most recent mobo possible (anything x270) because older ones, although on the same socket, require a bios update to work with these CPUs. And you can't update bios without a CPU (well there are some ways at time through USB but it depends heavily on manufacturer & mobo, so you shouldn't count on it).

>What other things to watch out for me?
Balance in your build. Different parts offer different performances in better areas, you look like the kind of guy that would be able to throw money at every part thinking it can only get better so just to make sure you're aware: it won't

>I heard it can be unstable (the CPU tiself)
No, CPUs are perfectly stable. Some rare cases existed in the past with CPU microcode causing complete system freezes, but these kind of bugs get fixed within 2 weeks from launch everytime. Nothing to worry about, CPU software tends to be pretty simple, it won't cause problems like GPU software can.
>>
>>60192588
>it is going to be able to hold 60+fps on 1440p
I'm fairly sure with a few lowered useless settings you could even do 120fps easily
>>
>>60192549

Also that does seem pretty low for stock cooler.

Anyone else giving 1.1 to soc? Maybe I should lower that. Put it there because of that AMD video talking about how it helped stability.
>>
I have two options, ryzen 1700x with rx 470 8gb nitro or ryzen 1600x with xfx rx 480 GTR 8GB?
>>
>>60192641
State purpose of build.
>>
>>60192641
Ryzen R5 1600 with RX 580 and an $30 aftermarket cooler would end up cheaper and perform better
You most likely don't need the eight core sixteen threads of the 1700.
>>
>>60192662
1600's stock cooler performs just as well as a 30$ aftermarket one, there's literally no point in buying aftermarket cooling in non X ryzens.
>>
>>60192680
I got an r7 1700 and i have heavy doubts on what you are saying.
This sounds like the usual over exaggeration of the cooler's performance.
>>
>>60192641
>>60192662

This. Unless you are some kind of video creator or a programmer who needs to compile alot of stuff and knows how to use all the cores I dont see you caring about the 2 extra cores.

Or unless you do a bunch of streaming of your video games?I
>>
>>60192704

You dont want to go above 1.35v anyways according to AMD so it depends on the silicone lottery. Messing with r5s now ill have to wait for the bracket to show up for the extra aio cooler I had to test the r7.
>>
>>60192704
Well, research Wraith Spire's(the non x ryzens stock cooler) performance and compare it with others. Most anons overclocked just fine with stock, getting a 50$ cooler is usually the only way to see considerably higher stable overclocking from your ryzen cpus.
>>
>>60192639
>Anyone else giving 1.1 to soc?

Walking back my soc voltage seems to actually lower my cinebench scores. Is there a really detailed explanation for how to overclock ryzen somewhere? Something more then that youtube video?
>>
>>60192659
>>60192715
Just gaming
>>
>>60192902

Then this. >>60192662 Also >>60192680 is right. The stock cooler is pretty good for stock and will perform as good as a 30 dollar cooler. You are not likely to need more cooling on an r5.
>>
>>60192943
>>60192943
>>60192943
Move when ready
>>
>>60192935
>will perform as good as a 30 dollar cooler.
this is a lie
>>
>>60192963

No it is not Im using it now. You would need to spend more then 30 to get better cooling.
>>
File: 1-8_k2QML9o2wNsF7gGvpCnA.jpg (21KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
1-8_k2QML9o2wNsF7gGvpCnA.jpg
21KB, 600x384px
Please recommend me a good build for watching 1080p movies, web browsing and development, no games. or I'll by a prebuilt one .
>>
Anyone used the ryzen master software to overclock memory? Im using it for cpu and its great to figure out the right spot even if I go to the motherboard to finish it. About done and might try the memory options in it when I got my numbers.
>>
>>60192999
Budget? Define 'developing'. Any requirements like CUDA?
>>
>>60193225
Thanks m8
budfet is mid level. Just web development to run eclipse and other IDEs. No other requirement. I already have an 1440p Dell monitor.
>>
Hello anons. Poor 13 y/o here I am on a budget atm. And I need some advice is this pc good for programming and running virtual machines?
>https://www.elgiganten.se/product/datorer-tillbehor/stationar-dator/HP460P001NO/hp-460-p001no-stationar-dator
>>
>>60193305
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mjj4kT
>>
>>60193404

I like that you tailored it to web devs needs. Really good work.
>>
>>60193376
>Intel Core i3-6100T-processor
It's shit, son.
>>
New to overclocking. I settled in at 3700 on the cpu and now I am walking back my core voltage to see how low I can get and be stable. Why the hell is my cinebench score going up as I drop voltage? Just hit 1.225. Left soc at 1.1.
>>
>>60193376
>https://www.elgiganten.se/product/datorer-tillbehor/stationar-dator/HP460P001NO/hp-460-p001no-stationar-dator
What is this thing's cost in dollars?
Consider building a pc yourself, i built mine at your age without many issues considering you're here you should at least have the mental capacity of following guides and reading manuals it literally doesnt require any technical skills to build a pc.
Consider this https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pCmGM8 if you're on a super tight budget it has decent integrated graphics and if you want to game at 1080p60fps at decent settings you could throw in a 4gb rx570/470 later.
Otherwise consider going up to ryzen 5 1600 which would cost you around 700$ but it would be absolutely perfect for your programming/virtual machine needs.
>>
>>60193404
thanks m8 really appreciate it, small question though , I want to have at least an i3 , will the mobo support it ? That's too much lube haha .
>>
>>60192283
>Also, even current i5 hit much more cpu usage than the ryzen r5 1500x or 1600, it's pretty worrying when you see an i5 7600 near 95% usage during benchmarks

idk how important that is.
like with the juggling analogy, most of Ryzens arms simply arent being used. And the ones that are used are going slower.

my ignorant opinion/guess is that by the time more cores matters it will be time to upgrade anyway. And by then AMD and Intel will have more Cores than the existing i5 lineup.
>>
>>60193579

We are already using more cores now. There are only a few main stream products lagging behind. Honestly I think AMD is hitting the sweet spot. Plus I am wondering if Intel is at a wall with single core performance. Their super expensive enterprise chips, event hose meant for single core performance for such software that just needs it, is not far ahead of the enthusiast desktop stuff.
>>
>>60193616
>even those
Thread posts: 379
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.