[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stupid questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 55

File: stupid-questions.jpg (11KB, 425x237px) Image search: [Google]
stupid-questions.jpg
11KB, 425x237px
I don't see the /sqt/ and I need one edition. My situation:
>did clean install of windows on new ssd
>installed steam to ssd
>can access my old hdd, don't need to redownload anything from steam
>i have no saves, despite there being no reason for the data to disappear

What went wrong?
>>
I can't connect to my server running mpd using MPDroid. These are the iptables rules I have:
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m multiport --dport 6600,8000 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m multiport --sport 6600,8000 -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

Here's the mpd.conf:
music_directory         "/Storage/Music" # permissions 774 mpd:audio
user "mpd"
#bind_to_address "localhost"
#port "6600"
audio_output {
type "httpd"
name "My HTTP Stream"
encoder "vorbis" # optional, vorbis or lame
port "8000"
# bind_to_address "0.0.0.0" # optional, IPv4 or IPv6
quality "5.0" # do not define if bitrate is defined
# bitrate "128" # do not define if quality is defined
format "44100:16:1"
max_clients "0" # optional 0=no limit
}

Output of netstat:
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8000            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      9881/mpd

Output of 'netcat localhost/ip' is "OK" for port 6600, but simply abruptly closes on port 8000.

What am I missing?
>>
repostan from previous thread for
Is it possible to delegate different browsers to be the default for specific domains in
Specifically, I want chromium to open all twitch.tv links, but firefox everything else.
>>
>>60178438
Saves are located in the my documents directory
>>
>>60178805
Oh fuck so I can just port them to the ssd?
>>
>>60178834
Should be able to I think.
>>
My vibrator stopped working, and I don't know if it's the batteries or the motor itself.
Is there a way to test batteries without dropping them to see if they bounce or not?
Please it's my only one...
>>
>>60178975
Put the batteries in something else? What kind of batteries does it need?
>>
>>60179116
I unfortunately have nothing else that uses AA batteries =(
>>
File: 1468475792137.jpg (28KB, 388x604px) Image search: [Google]
1468475792137.jpg
28KB, 388x604px
Do i have to reinstall windows if I want to switch versions from home to education?
>>
>>60179141
Not even a flashlight or pretty much any remote control?
>>
>>60178891
Haha rip in peace me, I formatted the drive with my old install of windows so there goes my documents
>>
>>60179298
Only remote controller I have is triple-A
>>
Madvr crashes MPC on fullscreen after updating windows 10. The answers I searched up said to reinstall the graphics driver and/or disable DX11 in madvr settings. I've done both and it's still fucked.
I reinstalled both madvr and CCCP too and that didn't work. What do?
>>
>>60178643
hah, I know you, you're the one who has that VPN at work and refuses to use a seperate machine for work stuff and private stuff on your private machine.

No, there is no in-program functionality that would force the opening of one brower within another browser.

You could be willing to just use firefox for all you work and set filters to put all twitch.tv taffic through one domain. Theres an addon for that even.
>>
>>60178975
>>60178975
buy new batteries. Prolly better to just get more batteries than finding devices that use AA's.
occams razor and all that.
>>
>>60179402
Yeah, will do that in the morning then. Thanks anyway!
>>
I am not smart:
Why are graphıc chıps ın cpus the way they are?
Why can i run warfrane wıth no issues but get speed ıssues ın deus ex 1?
What am I doıng wrong?
Hd4400 btw.
>>
ikea sells AA's cheap as fucking chips.
a 10pack is like......4 bucks? You'll have to find the damned hopper filled with all the packs in the interior lighting section.
not trying to shill or advertise, just a heads up.
>>
>>60179482
>Why are graphıc chıps ın cpus the way they are
cheaper alternative than just forcing every computer to have some kind of graphics device

>Why can i run warfrane wıth no issues but get speed ıssues ın deus ex 1
probably it's a game from 2000 and has legacy problems
>>
>>60179482
Integrated Graphics machines have to dedicate a portion of CPU power to do a job they aren't designed to do efficiently.

Try shutting off FXAA and PhysX. Had the same problem for DXHR.

Also onboard graphics is a POS. Get future machines with a dedicated graphics card.
>>
>>60179380
>hah, I know you, you're the one who has that VPN at work and refuses to use a seperate machine for work stuff and private stuff on your private machine.
I'm sure that would be me if I wasn't a [spoiler]neet[/spoiler]
I'm not looking for an exclusively in-browser option to do this. Just want to know if its possible, and how I might accomplish this.
>>
Might sound like a really stupid question but how do I find out what white noise works the best for me?
>>
File: KHo4w.jpg (56KB, 549x527px) Image search: [Google]
KHo4w.jpg
56KB, 549x527px
>>60179620
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ie-view/

Here, install the addon into firefox, and then set the exe location of IE to chromiums.
>>
File: Untitled.png (216KB, 392x296px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
216KB, 392x296px
>>60179668
https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/whiteNoiseGenerator.php

Here, have fun. I try upping the bassier ranges , and the rest sequentially lower, while keeping one low-ranged treble higher than any of the other lows.
>>
>>60179668
Also try rainymood? White noise can also be background noise, and there are plenty of site which specialize in offering different types. use google.
>>
Had my first exam in programming today.
Literally had to write entire Java syntax out on pieces of paper. Seemed like the most redundant shit ever.

Is it even required to be able to write actual code out on paper? Not pseudo code, actual syntax?
I knew how to do all of it but I write fucking slow so I probably messed up a lot.
>>
>>60179877
>>60179803
Will be using it to fall asleep as roommate snores. Currently playing with mynoise.
>>
>>60179882
The only time I can think of that being useful is the coffee shop or job-interview situation where you have to show someone "quickly" some code and you have nothing digital on hand.
>>
>>60179683
Cool. Thanks
>>
Refurbished hard drives: Worth the risk, or should I suck up the cost for a new one?
>>
>>60180065
Buy a new one.
Most PC parts have some form of general life expectancy. If you're lucky you'll get one from a good batch, but generally the older they get the slower they get.
>>
So I got a few flashdrives and wanted to make one filled with iso's to boot a few things, like windows 10, ubuntu, dban, and AiO SRT, just to cover all the bases in case I ever need any of them. Can I put these all on one flash drive? As now that I have them all loaded on it using WinSetupfromUSB it always goes to the windows 10 boot when I choose the flashdrive. How do I get a boot menu where I can pick which one it does?
>>
In CV, do I put volunteering at hackerspace under "work experience" or something else?
>>
>>60180930
Hobbies.
>>
palindrome :: Integer -> Bool
palindrome x = reversal x == x

reversal :: Integral a => a -> a
reversal = go 0
where go a 0 = a
go a b = let (q,r) = b `quotRem` 10 in go (a*10 + r) q

I'm working on some ProjectEuler problems to get a better understanding of Haskell, I found this code on stackoverflow but I can't figure out how the last line works.
>>
File: 71NvJv0J4UL._SL1500_.jpg (206KB, 1500x884px) Image search: [Google]
71NvJv0J4UL._SL1500_.jpg
206KB, 1500x884px
I Bought a MSI gtx 760 2Gb for 72 USD. Did I make a good buy?
>>
>>60181246
Not a haskell thing, more of a math thing.
Just physically do what the code does and analyze the results.
>>
File: 1493741465110.jpg (246KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
1493741465110.jpg
246KB, 525x700px
How do I stitch multiple pictures together? Every site or program I use ends up blurring them to shit.
>>
>>60181352
Do you want the truth or something that makes you feel better?
>>
Is there any reason I would ever not use border-box for my entire page? Why isn't border-box the default value for everything?
>>
>>60181407
Write a program for this.
>>
>>60179184
Yes. You can try an upgrade, but I wouldn't.
>>
>>60181433
I'll take both if you're offering.
>>
>>60181492

A giant rubber duck ship has actually circumnavigated the globe. Also you would have been a lot better off going with something more recent from amd.
>>
Is there a Project64 equivalent for Linux?
>>
I want to try manjaro but I also want to experiment with i3.
Should I go for the community version i3 manjaro, or go with official manjaro xfce and install i3 myself?
Asking because it says that community builds may drop support later down the line.
>>
>>60181614
I would just avoid Manjaro altogether.
>>
Can I make a multiboot USB with windows 10 and linux both on it? It seems the windows autoboots when selecting boot from usb without letting me choose.
>>
>>60181800
Details and alternative? Or are you just meming.
>>
>>60182155
Why would you even want to use it?
>>
>>60178574
can you just fucking stop
>>
how come whenever I try to post sincere advice I'm ignored but whenever I bait or shitpost loudly I get a few (You)'s

is this board a meme am I a dip or maybe my advice is just bad idk
>>
Is this website down?
https://amqagn.at
>>
File: OpenRA_1.jpg (351KB, 1251x947px) Image search: [Google]
OpenRA_1.jpg
351KB, 1251x947px
I want to play a game of OpenRA with my friend which lives in the same country as me. The problem is, all of the public servers are far away from us, which I think causes lags.
So I'd like to host a game of my own to play with him, but I'm behind two routers, so no port forwarding.
What are my options here? What can I do to connect to him directly instead of through some third party?
>>
>>60182433
I appreciate your sincere advice anon, don't feel bad!
>>
File: TEMPS 2.png (63KB, 867x763px) Image search: [Google]
TEMPS 2.png
63KB, 867x763px
those are my temps and my shitty specs, I can't afford too much but how do I manage to decrease them while I play? How do I choose a proper fan?
>>
>>60182776
Those temps are fine.
>>
>>60182433
>is this board a meme
yes
> am I a dip
quite likely
> maybe my advice is just bad
possible.
>>
File: 1493438708451.jpg (5KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1493438708451.jpg
5KB, 184x184px
>>60178438
This may just be the stupidest question here.
But doggone it I have to know.
What if one were to flip ZFS on it's head and use tape as mainstay storage, HDD as L2 ARC, and pack the system full of ARC memory?

How quickly would it shit the bed given a non latency sensitive read workload and proper redundancy with only large sequential writes being added in?
>>
public void Listen() {
while (!_end) {
byte[] buffer = new byte[BufferSize];
List<byte> message = new List<byte>();
Socket handler = ListenerSocket.Accept();
int totalBytes = 0;
int bytesRead;
while((bytesRead = handler.Receive(buffer)) > 0) {
totalBytes += bytesRead;
message.AddRange(buffer);
Console.WriteLine($@"Ran Loop and got {bytesRead}");
}
DecodeMessage(message.Take(totalBytes).ToArray(), handler);
Respond((handler.RemoteEndPoint as IPEndPoint).Address,
handler);
}
}

WIP but having an issue. The code here will output:
Ran Loop and got 2048
Ran Loop and got 2048
Ran Loop and got 2048
Ran Loop and got 512
and then the program keeps running while the function simply closes without calling DecodeMessage or Respond
>>
>>60182776
>shitty specs
fk u
>>
File: 1460348288032.jpg (341KB, 950x713px) Image search: [Google]
1460348288032.jpg
341KB, 950x713px
Explain the funny, please
https://twitter.com/puddi/status/859545623317499904
>>
>>60183327
max length 128 characters
Nothing funny here
>>
>>60182437
It is for me
>>
Does having 512mb of ram make a difference against 256mb of ram while torrenting on an orange pi.
Also, is it possible to create an AP that uses POE to power itself while also doubling as an cable extender.
>>
thinking about getting this as a second monitor, yes or no?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-ThinkVision-T2254P-22-034-LED-Backlit-LCD-Monitor-5ms-VGA-HDMI-DisplayPort-/262794658896#viTabs_0
>>
>>60183094
I see people with better temps than mine with the same specs, but if you say its ok i trust you.

>>60183127
I thought I would be bullied by posting them ;_;
>>
>>60178438
I want to have a raspi camera setup to monitor a area, the monitor would be about 4-5meters from the camera, how would one connect the two? HDMI signals are pretty weak after about 1 or maybe two meter.
>>
>>60183709
>1 or 2 meters
Wrong.
hdmi can go about 50 ft before attenuation
>>
Do you have any options for portable music players once you acquire >3TB of music? I could do the streaming shit but man, I don't want to
>>
>>60184029
what is your issue?
>>
>>60184074
With streaming from my PC to my phone? I don't like leaving my computer on and I don't like depending on internet for things like that
>>
>>60184141
Option 1: Be selective about what you put on your media player
Option 2: Convert to smaller files
Option 3: Buy a 4TB SSD
>>
>>60179325
Please respond
>>
anyone with chromecast/chromecast tv?

anything i cast defaults to wide aspect ratio.
idk what to do about it.
>>
is there any winapi window builder (frame based, not dialog) around?
(or good tutorials on winapi)
>>
File: free.jpg (81KB, 960x577px) Image search: [Google]
free.jpg
81KB, 960x577px
>>60179325
>CCCP
>>
Should I learn math or programming? or both at the same time?

If both or programming which language should I start with? C? Do you guys recommend any resources?
>>
Why do the job listings for IT interns near me say they want a computer science degree or related?
>>
why is windows bad?
>>
File: sun.gif (565KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
sun.gif
565KB, 400x400px
Is there an easy way of getting the date from when a comment was made on an Instagram post? Google only shows how to get the date of the post but I'm looking for the date on the comment iitself. This is really important.
>>
>>60184367
Apply anyways fuck the description. If you can make it to an interview then you have a chance @ it
>>
Might get the new surface laptop for my engineering classes.

Should I get the 8gb i5 or 8gb i7?
>>
>>60184608
no
>>
I have shitty internet, surprise. 1.7MB/s down. Otherwise it's okay since I get to things sometimes months after I get them.

However my question is why is wireless LAN so shit?
I'm on G, and yes yadda yadda upgrade to N/etc, however I'm curious why I can't even match download speeds.
My local transfer speeds over wifi struggle to hit 1MB/s on a good day, and 512KB/s or less normally.
One device is through a wall/bathroom a few IRL feet away and the other is unobstructed.

Why is wifi absolute shit compared to ethernet?
>>
>>60184608
i5 8g will serve you just fine
did a signal processing term on it just fine
>>
File: testmode.png (3KB, 70x55px) Image search: [Google]
testmode.png
3KB, 70x55px
Does anyone know how to remove this watermark without actually disabling test mode?
>>
>>60184673
post it note
>>
>>60184676
xd
>>
>>60184673
get a better .iso
>>
>>60184739
It's not the .iso, I just need test mode enabled for crt_emudriver, and I don't want that watermark permanently on my desktop
>>
>>60184764
Not possible, you would need to use a signed driver instead of that shaddy driver.
You could try to use the 32bit version of windows, those don't have those limitations and you don't need test mode probably.
>>
I would like to start learning with a good all around language.

unrelated

what is C used for in todays age? Would you use C for things nowadays like building some software?
>>
>>60184764
get a better .iso
>>
>>60184840
"test mode" is show when you force unsigned drivers on boot, nothing to do with the iso sku or version, at all
>>
I want to change a flashdrive I have to be a fixed drive rather than removable because it wont let me select which of the iso's on it I want to use as it is all one partition. How can I change it to a fixed drive?
>>
>>60184585
Anyone?
>>
File: IMG_20170502_184111.jpg (4MB, 4000x2992px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170502_184111.jpg
4MB, 4000x2992px
I'm trying to watch a youtube video with a lot of shadows and unlit areas.

it looks like ass.

Is there a way to clean it up or is it just a result of the really aggressive video compression?
>>
Any must-read networking resources to understand major technologies and such used?
>>
>>60178438
>What went wrong?

You used steam. kys retard
>>
There is any point in going to a community college if I'm planning on learning how to program by myself? I guess it would only take my time, right? I'm better just studying 100% of time.

What you guys think about this curriculum?
https://github.com/open-source-society/computer-science
>>
>>60184865
>Fixed drive
That's a hardware designation that can't be changed. You can create multiple partitions with something like diskpart, but windows doesn't handle that very well, so it will usually only see the first partition.
>>
>>60184971
So can I go about making a usb with multiple boots on it? Or is this just not panning out to work? I have windows 10, ubuntu, and a recovery iso all on it now, but it only ever opens "partition 1" which just opens windows 10 set up and I can't select anything of the other two.
>>
>>60184643
Probably getting a lot of interference, both from other networks and other devices on your own network. If neighbors have N and you don't, you're both hurting eachother's top speed, although not as brutally as if someone was using B. There's also a lot of overhead to begin with. Rated speeds are literally impossible to transfer at.
>>
>>60184992
You would need to put grub on your primary partition, then have it reference the others.
>>
Is it okay to have an unused but connected power supply cable in my pc while I wait for a part to arrive?
>>
>>60185027
Last question, I used YUMI to install all of these, and both it and MOBALiveCD recognize there being multiple boot options. And YUMI says it uses syslinux and grub to do the multiboot. But when I select the USB when in the boot menu it goes straight to the windows 10 one. Did I do something wrong? Or was using YUMI correct for this application?
>>
File: anime-blogging.jpg (51KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
anime-blogging.jpg
51KB, 400x240px
Forgive me if this is a common question, but I wanted to ask some real shitposters on the subject. Are there learning differences between C, C+, and C++? Which would be best coming off some experience in java?
>>
File: file.png (21KB, 1024x337px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
21KB, 1024x337px
So, I'm installing gentoo.
I'm stuck at the date, should I set it manually or what?
>>
okay what the fuck is going on with my program(C++).

My assignemt was to make a mystring.cpp and a mystring.h with a given main.cpp from the professor.

I wrote the code and It doesn't run. I keep getting 'undefined reference to cs_mystring::mystring::mystring() and a bunch of other erros which is just unefined reerences to cs_mystrin.

IDK wtf i'm doing wrong, any pointers?
>>
>>60185020
I'm considering powerline ethernet adapters, any experience?

I personally don't need ethernet speeds over wireless, but I don't want to run a lot of cable either.
>>
>>60185276
Powerline adapters can be hit or miss, if you're not even using an N router yet, I'd try that first.
>>
>>60185140
More specifically every time I try and open the boot from flashdrive option it just goes to a screen asking what language I want to install windows on. Even when I remove the windows 10 boot from the flashdrive.
>>
File: resbond.jpg (39KB, 736x534px) Image search: [Google]
resbond.jpg
39KB, 736x534px
>>60183443
>>
I got a new motherboard and cpu but i cant play my games on steam they just endlessly load what do i do
>>
>>60185303
I have an N-capable router sitting in my closet, but I have AT&T who pedals their "gateway" (router+modem) combo and every time I try to bridge it it leads to headaches.

Guess I'll fiddle around with it some more.
>>
>>60185385
If you're leasing I would bitch about getting a newer router. Bridging shouldn't be that hard, although ISPs do make some janky shit sometimes.
>>
>>60184959
Better off going and getting a degree but building a portfolio on top of that. Without a degree at some places you won't even get looked at, it'll be harder to get the job, and/or you'll get paid less if you do get the job.
>>
>>60178574
Save your iptables, flush, and try connecting. Then if it works add them back in and check rules.

Are you set to deny all default?
>>
I just got hired to a solid programming job.
I love it here and it's only my 2nd day.
The pay is great, the people are nice
the building is wonderful
This place is life changing

but... they use cobol, so I'm learning to use their technologies and cobol at the same time, and I'm slowly getting the hang of it nut I want to be able to help the company.

How can I learn cobol quickly? Its not like any other language I used before, I thought c++ and java were hard to start with, cobol is killing me. Please help if you can, This job means a lot to me, for the first time in my life I'm doing something meaningful.
>>
File: Firefox-ESR.png (131KB, 650x260px) Image search: [Google]
Firefox-ESR.png
131KB, 650x260px
Which combination of add-ons should I install for my tech illiterate parents to minimize site breakage for as much security as possible?
>>
Today a youtube ad just went through my ublock, so i guess its time to update. What are the current best filter lists for ublock? Is ublock still even good?
>>
>>60185832
Update filters, try again.
>>
>>60185421
So after throwing myself at it, bridging seems to be successful.
Still need to kill the other wifi and should be good.

However, I'm using a Netgear WNDR3300 with DD-WRT (build 14896, from 2010).
While I'm doing all this I feel I should safely update it before forgetting about it but the wiki and forums are sending me in circles and dead-ends on actual firmware files.

Any advice here?
Thus far I've seen "confirmations" of this router running up to at least build 26125: https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1032487
Or should I not care about it and stick to 14896?
>>
>>60185963
More reading later, stumbled through their FTP server and found the proper folder which hosts the latest builds seemingly fit for this router:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/04-24-2017-r31899/broadcom/

So now the question is am I safe to just use the vanilla mini generic (same as 14896)?
>>
>>60186161
If it doesn't work well you should be able to go back. Unfortunately ddwrt doesn't do a good job of updating the builds for a lot of their older stuff. If you don't have a feature you need to upgrade for, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
>>
If I had a computer with an SSD and it was entirely passively cooled would it be completely silent?
>>
>>60186283
Ever heard of a tablet?
>>
>>60186277
yolo, otherwise I'm down a $100 router I bought almost a decade ago
>>
File: 20 - vpeH3hd.jpg (222KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
20 - vpeH3hd.jpg
222KB, 600x800px
Damn. Why is Maki so perfect!? Also how is everyone defragging their compiled syntax shells? I can't seem to be able to shift the vector files properly.
>>
>>60186308
That's a good point, but I was wondering if a full sized tower would still have an electric humming noise from the PSU and large components or whatever.
>>
>>60186314
I thought its storage looked a bit limited. If you're on the verge of chucking it anyway, you might try flashing LEDE as a last resort. At least that way you would be fully up to date with the latest software.

https://lede-project.org/toh/hwdata/netgear/netgear_wndr3300_v1
>>
>>60186328
>Why is character drawn to licit sexual response effective
>>
>>60186331
>humming noise from components
I want to see the shit you've been working with.
>>
>>60186398
i-isn't this the stupid question thread
>>
File: 2017-05-02_23-57-57.png (3KB, 880x141px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-02_23-57-57.png
3KB, 880x141px
>>60186362
>>
File: 2017-05-02_23-59-27.png (24KB, 841x441px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-02_23-59-27.png
24KB, 841x441px
>>60186362
>>60186482
The nightmare is over
>>
File: Smt1turbocdcover.jpg (114KB, 500x423px) Image search: [Google]
Smt1turbocdcover.jpg
114KB, 500x423px
Hi there! I'm in need of an iOS emulator, but /vr/'s Emulation General wiki says that one doesn't exist. Am I shit out of luck, or does one exist? I'd like to play the official translation of Shin Megami Tensei, as it actually uses the GBA port as a base rather than Aeon Genesis' translation, which uses the SNES port. Thanks, /g/entoomen.
>>
I need a power amplifier for my 2 passive speakers which are 150W RMS @ 8 Ohms

I understand that running them in parallel causes it to drop to 4 Ohms, so if I got a an amp which is capable of outputting 150W @ 4 Ohms, would it be capable of running the 2 daisy-chained speakers off one channel, while nothing is being output from the other channel?

confused as fuck right now so that might not make sense
>>
File: 2017-05-03_00-03-27.png (6KB, 418x288px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-03_00-03-27.png
6KB, 418x288px
>>60186497
Now to just bridge this thing and say goodbye to G speeds.
Thanks!

>>60186517
Have you asked SMT general too?
>>
>>60186550
Ah, I'll have to ask them! Thanks, I forgot they existed!I normally just hang around /vr/, heh.
>>
How do computers handle square roots? I can't imagine that they're doing prime factorization like they teach you in elementary school. Is there some algorithm for it?
>>
>>60186610
Lots of sll's and srl's
>>
>>60184643
Your environment is shit. Find out if you're crowded on 2.5ghz and move to 5.0ghz spectrum.
>>
File: 1457976328986.jpg (177KB, 880x900px) Image search: [Google]
1457976328986.jpg
177KB, 880x900px
Something's wrong with my mouse clicks.
I can open files in one click, and clicking the URL in firefox acts like a double click. Is everything registering as a double click, or is there some setting with linux/my distro? (I switched from windows recently). I obviously don't have this issue on windows.
https://askubuntu.com/questions/321816/mouse-sometimes-doubleclicks-when-i-click-once
I don't want to believe that hardware is broken because this happens with both trackpad and mouse.
>>
What's the best way to merge a bunch of PDFs together with a blank page between the files?

I've got about 20 PDFs I want to print before classes are out because free paper, all sheet music, and I want to be able to merge all the PDFs into one so I don't have to fuck around on the shitty machines and adobe reader.

I know PDFShuffler will let me merge them, but is there a similar program that'll do the same but add a blank page between the files so songs don't overlap?

On linux btw.
>>
>>60186849
pdftk
>>
>>60186875
Thanks anon
>>
>>60178834
Just for the future reference, some of them are not in my documents, they're in users/username/appdata/local
Depends on a game where it's programmed to store save files.

And pretty sure Steam backs up your save files to cloud, it certainly backs up something. Not sure how to retrieve them though.
>>
>>60186834
>and clicking the URL in firefox acts like a double click
What? How do you know, clicking it once takes you to url anyways, how would you know this
>>
How do you guys take screenshots in Windows?
So far I've been usong the ImpPt > Paint > Cut method but there has to be an easier way
>>
>>60186999
I don't use it myself, but try Snipping tool
>>
>>60187048
Huh, I could add a shortcut to it and it should be pretty good, thanks anon
>>
>>60187127
nigger just hit the windows key on your keyboard and type "snip" and then hit enter
>>
File: always pay for music.png (123KB, 540x352px) Image search: [Google]
always pay for music.png
123KB, 540x352px
Suppose I set up a private-access web server in Canada, and used it to stream and share files between a small circle of friends. Also suppose no files will be illegal to possess in and of themselves, like snuff of any kind.

1. Is it remotely likely that the government or my ISP would snoop on my web traffic put me in shit for distributing he files if they're copyrighted?

2. When streaming audio or video, I'd likely just be doing it to one client: I understand that I'd need an upload speed which exceeds the bitrate of any audio or video files I want to stream. However, what should I consider when it comes to RAM, CPU, and file storage?
>>
File: 1492924056366.png (261KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492924056366.png
261KB, 700x500px
What's the difference between writing C programs on Windows and Linux? /g/ makes it seem like there's a fundamental difference.
>>
>>60187167
linux has a shitload of libraries to link to.

windows libary system is a mess, that's why a lot of games come with vsredist.dll or whatever.
>>
How do I make an already created form in microsoft access open outside of the program itself as like an executable or webpage, but still open and edit data within the .accdb file?

Basically make it a simple front-end I guess is what I'm asking.
>>
>>60187163
Nobody's gonna give a fuck if it's just to friends, unless one of your "friends" works for the MPAA. Just get something that can run a PLEX server. It adapts to whatever speed your connection is on the fly.
>>
>>60186984
Instead of highlighting the whole text like normal, it will put the cursor between the letters.
I hope that makes sense. It might just be a setting, which is why I can't tell if I'm just retarded.
>>
I've occasionally been getting BSOD when watching Twitch streams. If I recall correctly most of the errors are Critical Structural Corruption. In the most recent case the culprit was kdcom.dll. I've done some poking around on Google but it seems like a cluster fuck of answers telling me to do a bunch of different things. They suggest sfc /scannow, checking to make sure drivers are up to date on device manager, and running windows memory diagnostic. I've already done all of that in the past but nothing wrong has been found. Anyone have any idea what's up with my PC?
>>
>use scrot with Ubuntu for screenshots
>own three monitors
>one of them is tiny
>take a screenshot of my whole desktop
>weird artifacts in the corner
wat do
>>
>>60187167
Most of the difference is in which APIs you use. For example for network communication you're using Winsock on windows vs Berkeley sockets for unix-like systems, for a GUI you're often using WPF or MFC instead of GTK or QT (although GTK and QT do work fine on Windows too)
>>
>>60187343
It does now, I thought you meant just urls on page, not in address bar

But can't really help, no idea. Werks on my machine
>>
My work is asking me to learn SQL by August, am I fucked?

Where should I start?

Any recommended book?

I'm not a programmer and I'm more into administration so I'm not really sure of why they are asking me this...
>>
>>60181246

So, 1st, what's the function's arguments
> go accumulator stillToProceed

then the base case

... and ...

> let (q,r) = b `quotRem` 10
from the function name, i guess it makes a division by 10 'till there is no unusable remainder -> with 21, you get (2, 1), 123 -> (12, 3), etc. the values goes to q (quotient) and r (remainder).

> in go (a*10 + r) q
then, it call itself with that result added to the new result, the remainder is being transferred to the accumulator, after the latter is (10*)'d

f = go 0
>>> f 123 => go 123 0
>>> go 12 3+(10*0)
>>> go 1 2+(3*10)
>>> go 0 1+(32*10)
>>> 321

it reverses the decimal number passed as argument. It'd work for another base if you change all the 10, e.g. with a 2 for binary.
>>
How do I get mpv to name the screenshots after the file name?
>>
>>60187486
Doesn't use poll on Windows. Spent a whole day trying to get it to work but it turns out there is a bug with it that Microsoft refuses to fix. There wasn't even a warning in the documentation.
>tfw with Linux everything just werks
>>
>>60185246
> any pointers ?
0x9d36e129
0xf48a5284
0x44de623c
hmm, sorry, pointers sucks.

Anyway, maybe try getting a look to the teacher's code. It might it's importing the wrong file. Are you the only one in your group to have this issue ?
>>
>>60179668
check out chromadoze on f-droid if you have an android phone
>>
>>60187927
Yea. Whenever I run the main I get the error. I looked it up and it seems I'm not referencing something right or its a linker error. Idk wtf I'm doing wrong though. I tried to fix it, start a new program and copy the code over but I get the same error.
>>
File: 2017-05-02-07:39:43.png (67KB, 533x380px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-02-07:39:43.png
67KB, 533x380px
Can I have a formula like this in LibreOffice Calc:

>E1 = last_non_empty_B_cell - B1

Basically I want it to reference the latest filled out cell from the B column.
>>
>>60188101
post the code
>>
>>60188125
its like 3 files bro...
>>
File: AIMP.png (5KB, 210x279px) Image search: [Google]
AIMP.png
5KB, 210x279px
Just switched over to AIMP to try it out. It's a pretty comfy music player, but I'm having one problem with it. The LADIENT 2 skin is having some really weird aliasing issues.

I've tried looking around for the solution at the source of the skin on DeviantArt, and on the AIMP forums. While I did notice some mentions of the problem, there were no solutions. Pic related is an example of the issue, and it's present pretty much everywhere in the skin. Can anyone help me out?
>>
How watherproof are 2-1 tablets?

I been thinking to buy a cheap $50 windows tablet to read stuff while i bath.
>>
>>60188125
Got it to work on visual studio for some reason. Just added the #include "stdafx.h" at the very beginning to mystring.cpp and it compiled.

NOICE!
>>
>>60187367
Corrupted windows install probably.

Try to use a Linux USB to check it.
You dont need to install it, just use it.

Try Linux Mint cinnamon and use Rufus to make your USB bootable.
>>
>>60184914
use a debanding filter
>>
How the fuck are you supposed to fit a 970 in?
It seems like the stupid metal part sticks out further than the connectors, so I can't get it close enough to the slot.
>>
>>60188378
Pull a Linus and saw it off.
>>
File: 1477132224350.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1477132224350.gif
1MB, 540x540px
What should I use to scan my s7? It's not performing poorly and I haven't visited any sketchy sites or anything but I am paranoid.
>>
File: 1490079876031.png (119KB, 225x227px) Image search: [Google]
1490079876031.png
119KB, 225x227px
>>60172613 here

Besides the random freezing I mentioned here, the system also restarts. It doesn't BSOD, it just... dunno, crashes and restarts. When it starts again, desktop pops a notification saying windows has recovered from an unexpected error.

Now I'm willing to bet it's my SSD fucking up. Would formatting help? Or it's time to get a new one?
>>
does anybody know where i can find a list for all the filesystems supported by windows?(10, don't ask why)
>>
>>60189100
nevermind i'm fucking retarded
>>
File: 1488620226445.png (2MB, 2638x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1488620226445.png
2MB, 2638x1536px
Does 2gb of Ram makes a big difference for games ? I have a toshiba laptop with 4gb and I'd like to be able to play a couple of modern game on it. Canyoy even add ram on every laptop ? Do you need some special format ?
>>
>>60178975
A multimeter will tell you, just measure the voltage across the battery in question. Anything above the nominal voltage (what is written on the battery) is fine, when it goes quite a bit below then it is almost depleted. 'quite a bit' depends on the battery, but for AA non rechargeable I think 1.1V or below is definitely ded.

Just in case anyone else wants to know how to test batteries from their vibrator.
>>
>>60189156
you can but they use smaller bricks that tend to be more expensive (and usually only fit 2 bricks I think?)
no idea what ram reuqirements games have
>>
I have a USB C to USB A adapter, and a USB A to ethernet adapter. Is there a way to bridge the connections and use my phones connection over the ethernet on another device?
>>
>>60189156
This guy is right >>60189184
SODIMM is used for laptops and they are smaller than regular ram.
I've added 2gb to a laptop for gaymen purposes and it didn't make much of a difference performance wise but stopped a memory intensive one from crashing often.
Also what anon said about usually having two slots is correct, not come across any laptops that fit more.
>>
>>60189184
>>60189219

Thanks. I'll see what I can find and if it's worth the price for two games. I think lack of Ram is the issue here but I'll look more into my other parts.
>>
In windows 10 how do I get explorer windows for mounted samba shares to automatically refresh and show me new shit when new files are there?

It used to just work until I updated a few weeks ago; now I have to manually press f5 to see anything new.
>>
I am retarded and I will install windows10 because drivers, then on top of it I will install windows 7, run it and remove win10
what can go wrong?
>>
File: WP_20170503_003.jpg (350KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170503_003.jpg
350KB, 1456x2592px
I have audio jack on both sides. Here is pic. If i put 2 stereo on both audio jacks audio board breaks?
>>
What's the best atom motherboard that
>has at least 4 sata ports
>doesn't cost a testicle (not more than 100-150)
>has PCI-e
I want to build a NAS.
>>
>>60187699

That's doable.

Just get yourself an SQL environment (simplest solution would be Ms Access) and get cracking.

Also there's a lot of simple tutorials out there.

Try to understand what this does:

SELECT a.*
FROM my_table AS a LEFT JOIN
(SELECT sum(value_1) AS my_sum, value_1
FROM my_table
WHERE value_2 <> 'nope'
GROUP BY value_1
HAVING sum(value_1) > 1
) AS b ON a.value_1 = b.value_1
WHERE b.value_1 IS NOT NULL
ORDER BY a.id

It's not really a sensible query, but it shoudl give an idea about what stuff you need (syntax, subqueries and so on..)
>>
What are some good books/sites about c# and java?
>>
>>60189396
the right port is for a microphone
>>
What's with this new 'decentralized' fad everyone's raving about and why should I care?
>>
what's the difference between angularjs
https://angularjs.org/

and "angular"
https://angular.io/

I'm told I should use https://angular.io/
>>
Is it better to get a gtx 1070 over a 1080 if I'm not going higher than 1080p?
>>
mfw have to skip volta because it is pronounced the same way as (to) rape in my language
>>
>>60182611
third party is your only option i believe

https://www.vpn.net
>>
File: pcamiright.png (27KB, 409x408px) Image search: [Google]
pcamiright.png
27KB, 409x408px
why does my ram run at 2133 when its a 2400 module, the mobo is set ton 2400 and i enabled a 2400 xmp prifoile???
>>
What kind of people go for 16GB RAM for their system?
>>
>>60190208
anyone with datasets needing that space?
>>
How do i, as a http client, send server responses to a different machine as well as my own?
>>
Any good use for a pretty powerful android phone snapdragon 810 proc with a broken touch screen but i can control it in pc
>>
File: file.png (92KB, 1360x382px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
92KB, 1360x382px
>open Speccy
>WMI Provider host usage shoots up

Has Speccy become malware?
>>
>>60189732
1070 is overkill. A 580 is plenty for 1080p/60
>>
>>60189271
>on top of it I will install
Your words- they don't mean things.
>>
>>60190780
Really? Because I have an AMD 280x now and I can't max out most games without dipping below 60fps
>>
>>60191037
The 580 is considered pretty solid for 1080p. Anything pre 480/1060 is going to be at a pretty big disadvantage, and that hurts even the upper tier cards
>>
Is this temp bad for my GPU? I have
>Opera
>PotPlayer playing upscaled 1080p
and nothing else open.
>>
File: c4a.jpg (8KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
c4a.jpg
8KB, 238x192px
Do people actually remember all that code when they learn how to program? I need to write down every little thing, all the languages are too similar but different and there's too much to remember.
>>
>>60185593
I get the same with policy set on ACCEPT.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (29KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
29KB, 800x800px
I have some USB headphones, will this work if I wanted to use them with a phone/other devices?
>>
>>60191387
yes
>>
File: Speccy64_2017-05-03_14-46-40.png (27KB, 657x523px) Image search: [Google]
Speccy64_2017-05-03_14-46-40.png
27KB, 657x523px
>>60191387
>>60191469
fug
>>
>>60182418
You're right. Next I'll start making my own threads.
>>
How does Unicode work?
Originally I thought it just used hex values for each character, but apparently there's a difference between the code points and hex values?
>>
>>60191388
The more you program the easier it becomes.
Programming is very much a "learn by doing" subject.
>>
Anyone else having problems with Avastsvc.exe high CPU use today? Looking for solutions but asking here since i think it might a problem with avast because it's 4~5 PCs on different locations having the same problem at the same time.
For some reason all my PCs started getting 70~90% CPU use by avast while idle for no apparent reason today.
>>
>>60191577
a code point is just a number that corresponds to a symbol/character
code point 56 is "V" for example
>>
>>60191696
What's the difference between that and the hex representation of it though?
For instance, Ω's code point is U+03A9
But in UTF-8 it's represented by CEA9.

The same happens with other characters between all 8, 16 and 32 bit representations and I don't understand it.
>>
>>60191742
unicode is just a huge collection of code points, its not an actual encoding format
utf-8 on the other hand IS an encoding format, capable of encoding any code point available in unicode
why U+03A9 is encoded as CEA9 in utf-8 is because it uses continuation bytes to save space

read this
https://www.joelonsoftware.com/2003/10/08/the-absolute-minimum-every-software-developer-absolutely-positively-must-know-about-unicode-and-character-sets-no-excuses/
and then read the utf-8 specification if you interested in the implementation details
>>
Why do normies have such a hard on for tablets, smartphones and silent computers?
>>
No memes please: as a casual user, what real advantages would using linux over windows offer me? I have never used linux before but am curious.
>>
>>60191910
Linux is a meme OS for people who think they're being SUPER SPECIAL SNOWFLAKES for not using Windows.
They think they're SO SKILLED AND TECH EXPERT for using >muh open source OS
tl;dr only literal cocksuckers use Linux. Just use Windows like any sane, regular person.
>>
All-in-one watercooling for CPU seem to recommend having the pump on 100% all the time while adjusting fanspeed instead.

Is this really necessary? The pump makes a low but aggravating noise when at 100%.
>>
>>60191910
If you don't already know what advantages it would give you then you probably don't need them
>>
>>60191979
Care to elaborate a little anyway please?
>>
>>60191461
no
>>
I keep getting letters from my isp while torrenting with a socks5 proxy. Any way to make it more secure?
>>
>>60192090
They have nothing on you. Ignore them.
>>
Trying to build somethign with nodejs using express.

have a weird bug, all get requests are going thru, but the put request does not...
>>
>>60192113
most important thing is that you don't reply or visit any links in the letter.

just ignore them, and if they confront you they should have no evidence (socks5) and you 'never' got the letter
>>
What do you guys use for video editing? After Effects is somewhat reasonably priced, but plugins like Twixtor Pro run $600.

>in b4 pir8
>>
>>60192286
I used to use blender or lightworks
>>
>>60192090
>I keep getting letters from my isp
lmao, wow.
Are Americans this cucked by their ISPs?
My ISP gives literal 0 fucks about what I do online as long as I pay them.
>>
>>60192113
Yea, idc personally but my mom cares
>>60192386
Canadian ISP. 150cad/month for 140gb amd 5mbps. Yes I am cucked by my ISP
>>
File: 1403319398013.png (257KB, 438x408px) Image search: [Google]
1403319398013.png
257KB, 438x408px
>>60192414
>bandwidth limit
Jesus fuck, AT&T is cancer.
>>
>>60192208
>and you 'never' got the letter
No, don't do this. You could be incriminating yourself. Talk with your lawyer before answering anything at all. If you haven't conferred with your lawyer then your answer is "no comment".
>>
>>60192173
router.put('/user', function (req, res) {
res.send('Got a PUT request at /user');
});

router.get('/', function (req, res) {
res.send('Hello world!');
});

The get works, the put routes to a 404
>>
>>60188117
E1 =OFFSET(B1,COUNT(B2:B1000)-1,0,1,1)
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (204KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
204KB, 1600x1200px
I would like to restream a TV feed from my computer with OBS to my Android phone. I tried using Twitch/Beam/Hitbox but I keep getting my account suspended because my content is "non-gaming" or "not original".

Is there another way to do this?
>>
>>60192591
youtube private stream?
>>
>>60192591
nginx rtmp
>>
>>60192604
>>60192616
thanks
>>
Does anyone have a guide or something like that about maximising phone battery life? What's the best way to treat, and take care of your battery so that it lasts as long as possible?
Should I only charge my battery after my phone dies, or should I do incomplete charge cycles? Charge it to 100% or something else? Can I leave it plugged in at 100% (i.e. During sleep) or is that bad for the battery? Is quick charge okay to use or is it detrimental to battery life?
>>
>>60192986
Rooting went a long ways for me

www.lineageos.com
>>
File: file.png (87KB, 284x234px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
87KB, 284x234px
>>60178438
anyone did something like this ?

http://www.instructables.com/id/Ninja-Mouse-The-Silent-Click/
>>
>>60192986
i doubt quick charge is good for batteries, it's been a long time since i looked into quick chargers though, what i know about it was probably regarding NI-MH batteries

>>60193095
yea, there's a few software things you can do, not specifically lineageos, but root gets you access to a few relevent things, as well as installing a new rom means you can avoid installing gapps
- let only what you need run in the background
- install Performance Control (f-droid), a few options to look at include (need root);
-- cpu scheduler: ondemand/conservative
-- multicore power save: on/aggressive
-- decrease voltage: ticked (if your phone has problems such as locking up or sudden reboots, turn it back off, not everything can handle this)
- use adaptive brightness, keep brightness as low as is comfortable
- under developer options, turn off animations
>>
>>60179315
enable steam cloud my dude
>>
How do people get "custom" emails? Like for example [email protected]
>>
any free way to do VM's?
>>
>>60193402
You need to get yourself a "custom" domain name.
>>
>>60193402
1. buy domain
2. set MX DNS record to mail server
if you want to make your own mail server, you'll also want a VPS
>>
>>60193416
VirtualBox and KVM.
>>
>>60193261
>Performance Control (f-droid)
not him, but thanks, just googled it

on this note, what the fuck does
>com.brewcrewfoo.performance
mean in programming ? com.abc.def.xyz ? The package structure ?
>>
>>60183327
Nothing really funny just weird that someone would use a 128 character password
>>
File: ss (2017-05-03 at 06.42.49).png (44KB, 799x884px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-05-03 at 06.42.49).png
44KB, 799x884px
how to use this?
>>
>>60193493
>what the fuck does ... mean
it's like a backwards domain name, it's just;
com.<developer>.<appname>
it's used to help ensure app names can't collide internally (be the same as another) even if they appear normally with the same name (like you might see multiple apps called simply "Gallery", it would be a problem if they all used the same resources internally)
>>
>>60193558
Who knows just use ssh.
>>
Safe place to download an XP iso?
>>
>>60193558
looks pretty self-explanatory to me

if you just need unauthenticated access, then the only thing missing there is the interface to listen on, though even that might not be required (might default to all/any interface if left unset)
>>
>>60193672
anywhere, just check the sha1sum when done to ensure it hasn't been messed with
using "MSDN" as a keyword helps
>>
File: 1487692605456.jpg (145KB, 2048x1446px) Image search: [Google]
1487692605456.jpg
145KB, 2048x1446px
>>60193628
like namespace ? so everything has to begin with com, right ? How can I find more info about this matter ? "programming naming conventions" ?

thanks you :)
>>
>>60193421
>>60193425
What is a good domain? Is namecheap good? What would also be a good vps?
>>
>>60193768
I've been with GoDaddy for a while, but moving to namecheap soon. I'd go with it.

Ramnode is a great VPS.
>>
>>60193765
yea, it's a type of namespace
this particular format afaik is just related to android, though the idea isn't new
it's not really a "programming" thing per-se
not sure about namespaces besides com. on android, i'm not an android developer
>>
>>60193768
>What would also be a good vps?
You might be better off just getting ProtonMail Plus and have them be your mail server for your custom domain.
>>
>>60193768
quick warning, setting up a mail server from scratch isn't terribly trivial
do some reading before buying anything, then decide if it's something you can (be bothered to) handle
>>
>>60191388

Maybe you are retarded?

1) There are variables. Basically numbers and characters (int, float, char and so on). They can be mutable or immutable. Variables can be anything, depending on the langauge it's simple or complex data structures.

2) There are conditions (if, switch/case) that allow you to execute code or not, depending on a certain value.

3) There are iterators, things that start somewhere and end somewhere (for, while, each and so on).

4) There is Scope. Because you don't want ten thousand variables floating arround in a single programm, you hide those variables outside the place where you need them (namespaces, packages, APIs, classes, interfaces, functions, procedures, structs or howevery a language calls it).

5) There is a way to communicate with the "outside world" (interfaces for user I/O, importing differnt programs/functions/libraries, sockets, protocols).

Woah, that was so much to remember, wasn't it?
>>
I've had a win10 laptop for a while, it was complaining. That I hadn't activated windows and I have a weird drive setup (win10 on 1tb HDD, certain folders symlinked to SSD)

One day I turned off my laptop. When I turned it back on it "couldn't start correctly" and I tried first startup repair. No dice. Then I tried recovering from an ancient restore point. It booted but bluescreened immediately with system_service_exception.

I know I need to reinstall windows but any clue what happened?
>>
>>60193830
>>60193768
oh, you can play around with a local server (virtual or otherwise) if you like
you can host your mail locally as well, in place of a VPS, of course, you'll need a static IP and you will not be able to receive mail if your connection goes down
>>
>>60189269
Any ideas on this?
>>
I've ended up needing to make a database to track shipping that has gotten too complicated to keep track of using Google sheets and forms. How should I go about learning how to create useful databases? A cursory google search has me learning SQL and picking up Microsoft Access.
>>
>>60193803
it's Java's naming convention (that's why you would have seen it in android)
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/codeconventions-135099.html
>>
>>60193853
I would rather do that. Mail usually doesn't take up too much storage right? Namecheap also has to option to get a private server.
>>
File: death.webm (3MB, 782x440px) Image search: [Google]
death.webm
3MB, 782x440px
So when you install a program, the files go onto your machine, right?
I have a copy of the C: drive of my old machine which had Windows Movie Maker on it. I've found the .exe file, as well as other files in the ProgramFiles/WindowsFiles/PhotoGaller folder, but is there any way I can actually run it on my current machine?
Double clicking the .exe does nothing
>>
>>60193989
i figured it was inhereted from something, but didn't know more about the subject
>>
>>60194016
no, storage is pretty much just the size of the mail itself
attachments will likely be the bulk of the total storage requirements, how much that will be depends on the volume and kind of mail you receive

i run a friends' mail server, who uses it pretty frequently for work, with pictures and other things often being attached, since 2013 it's only up to 1.5GiB of mail
>>
>>60191388
I regularly have to look up the parameter names and order of standard library functions anon
>>
Why can I, while programming, create multiple threads, while my cpu only as, for example, 4 threads?

The same happens when I create a virtual machine.
What the hell, I'm dumb
>>
>>60194020
>anon has not heard of the monstrosity that is the windows registry
boy do I have some news for you anon
>>
>>60194082
receive and send, i should say
if you're doing a modern IMAP setup, where all mail, sent/received/draft/etc are kept on the server
if you did an old POP style system, where mail is removed from the server once received by a client, then storage requirements drops to only that which has yet to be received by your client, but nobody does this anymore, as services now provide tons of space, and people want to see the same mail on more than one device
>>
>>60193800
>>60193816
>>60193830
>>60193853
Is Gmail a good mail server to use?
>>
should I create a virtual hard disk for my VM?
>>
>>60194132
sure, but i don't believe they allow custom domains for free
>>
Can a dual core i7 7500U with a 4k display actually play 4k content without stuttering? And can it stream it?
>>
>>60193836
>complains about a stupid question
>in a stupid question thread
I don't think I'm the retarded one here
>>
File: colin.png (563KB, 583x733px) Image search: [Google]
colin.png
563KB, 583x733px
>>60194124
I guess that's a no then.
I've been able to run some other programs that were installed on that drive through the .exe, Movie Maker doesn't seem to want to work and they've discontinued it now so you can't go download it. There's torrents and stuff but it seems a bit fishy to trust
>>
>>60194132
uh no
>>
>>60194163

That comeback took you 25 minutes..?

*sigh*
>>
File: smuge.jpg (236KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smuge.jpg
236KB, 1280x720px
When making archives, should I archive the directory with the files in it, or just the files directly?
>>
What is the best way to enjoy a 14 year old?
>>
>>60194343
is the root directory relevant to the content?
if so, yes, otherwise no
>>
>>60194359
straight on the rocks
>>
>>60194148
Probably depends more on whether or not you have a dedicated gfx card, and whether or not you have an SSD.
>>
File: Stupid But Me.png (150KB, 359x414px) Image search: [Google]
Stupid But Me.png
150KB, 359x414px
I want a media player for music with a good equalizer. I would use VLC usually but for reasons I don't want to equalize it.
Foobar2000 could be an option. Is there anything else?
>>
How the fuck are you supposed to fit a 970 in?
It seems like the stupid metal part sticks out further than the connectors, so I can't get it close enough to the slot.
>>
>>60194115
You can create more than 4 threads on a quad-core CPU because of multi-tasking.

Atomically, no more than 4 threads can run at the EXACT same moment on a quad-core CPU. However, it can be simulated to the end user by using context switching.

Threads are literally just ultra-lightweight processes.
>>
>>60194137
Well, it's gonna be pretty fuckin' hard to make much of it without one.
>>
>>60194529
Uhh, are you talking about the PCIe connector? You can't connect it if it's not long enough. Show a pic of your motherboard pls.
>>
How do I not fuck up at my software dev internship this summer? Should I grind leetcode before it starts?
>>
File: 1488524009458.jpg (655KB, 694x982px) Image search: [Google]
1488524009458.jpg
655KB, 694x982px
how to hide my internet browsing from isp/employers?
>>
>>60194598
Use a VPN, but then they might ask why you're using a VPN
To avoid that you could use a VPN through your phone
>>
>>60194564
No, it's long enough. It's just that there's a metal part sticking out past the actual connector on the GPU. I can't actually get close enough to the slot because the metal thing hits the case first, gut otherwise it would fit into the slot.
>>
I'm genuinely retarded. I can't find a 32b XP iso
>>
>>60194598
>employers
Don't 4chan at work
>ISP
VPN
>>
>>60194736
MicroXP will probably work just fine.

Probably. If not, tinyxp.

>>60194692
Is there a metal part you can pull off of the case? I literally need a picture to help.
>>
File: all-1b.jpg (243KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
all-1b.jpg
243KB, 1920x1080px
>>60194759
Nah it's part of the 970. That metal piece at the bottom on those pics stick out, so I can't reach the connector.
I'm afraid the solution is gonna be cutting that part off somehow.

Sorry. I'd take a pic, but this was last night and I already threw everything back together. I probably won't look at it again until tonight.
>>
Clean install of windows 7. Machine went down this morning to do its own updates, failed, came back up, front usb doesn't work, no Internet through dongle. Everything was fine when I left it with 0 updates.

>why did it fail?
>how 2 fix?
>why failed usb?

It's restarting now and installing updates but it's been 10 minutes with no action, still the "1 of 2" message.
>>
i have a usb wifi adapter
whenever i plug it in or whenever i toggle wifi on and off on my ubuntu gnome, it gets a new MAC adress
no idea whats causing it but i need to stop it
what do?
>>
Is ddr3 ram still worth it?
8gb for $30?
>>
File: IMG_20170503_135339.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170503_135339.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>60195016
>>
File: IMG_20170503_135403.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170503_135403.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>60195501
>>
File: a.png (111KB, 715x497px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
111KB, 715x497px
>>60195380
not sure why it would be changing, but you can override the mac address from nm-applet
>>
i have a massive tar file and it's not possible to easily take a peak inside whenever i need to without doing unnecessary unpacking
is there any downside from turning it into an uncompressed zip?
>>
I wanna make a 24/7 PC with the lowest amount of power draw possible for IRC.
Would a Raspberry Pi and a 320p screen be a good idea?
>>
>>60196075
Just make a folder
>>
>>60196123
>over 1247000 files
yeah, no
>>
>>60196173
So? If you're constantly using it there is no need to have it in a container
>>
>>60196225
how about...just answering my question?
>>
>>60196244
How about taking sound advice and knowing what you are trying to accomplish is asinine.
>>
>>60196260
oh, i'm sorry, i must've clicked on /adv/ instead of /g/
...no wait, i didn't
>>
>>60196280
Being a cunt because what you want to do is retarded and your use case dosent support it, isnt going to get you anywhere.

>adv
Do you not know how to make a store archive then faggot?
>>
>>60196309
i'm not gonna make a fucking torrent with so many files
just admit that you have no idea and stop pretending to be a smartass
>>
>>60196335
I have a perfect idea,you make a folder :^)
Torrents support folders.
>>
How do i make a NAS.
What is a NAS?
Should just i use 5 WD 4TB WD Reds together with my computer?
>>
can someone with actual knowledge answer this one?
>>60196075
>>
>>60196388
You make a folder
>>
>>60196075
>>60196388
You will lose ownership, file access permissions and similar parameters.
>>60196399
Fuck off.
>>
>>60196499
so nothing really important for me
thanks. glad to know that not only complete morons lurk here
>>
>>60196529
So your entire filesystem is in the base directory and you have nothing else?
>>
Is the built in Killswitch and Network lock from AirVPN safe enough so my IP doesn't leak when the connection drops.

It's absolutely necessary for me to have no IP or DNS leaks at all
>>
>>60196863
If you only have a vpn connection setup,there is nothing that can leak as you have no other path out
>>
>>60191477

yes thats bad
>>
File: IMG_20170503_210419.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170503_210419.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I got a video grabber to digitalize old ass VHS cassettes which is shown on the right, the problem is that my video recorder comes with the wrong cables.

Is there some kind of adapter cable that lets me connect the video recorder to the video grabber? Something like a white-yellow male to red-yellow-white male? I have no idea of this stuff.
>>
>>60196951
Wat.They will connect
>>
>>60197122
The video recorder doesn't have a female SCART.
If i want to connect it to the TV, i put in the white and yellow from the scart cable and the scart male into the TV.
>>
>>60197142
Buy a setup that is more compatable. You only need rca
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.