[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>4.5 mb Wtf man. Is this the power of free software?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170502-150132.png (186KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170502-150132.png
186KB, 1080x1920px
>4.5 mb
Wtf man. Is this the power of free software?
>>
>repository
That's the "list" of available software
>>
>>60170612
Yes i know. Why should i download so much data every time I update the repositories. It's retarded.
>>
>>60170631
It's not as if the list isn't replaced when you update.

Sounds like you're still living in the pre war on terror years when that was a lot of data.
>>
Do you think that Google Play doesn't have much larger repos?
>>
>>60170716
And exactly that's why it's retarded because you have to download the hole list again.
Also i have unlimited 4G, can watch fullhd videos on YouTube but it takes forever to update the repos
>>
>>60170721
No, i think not.
>>
>>60170849
>the hole list
>///>
>>
>>60170849
>it takes forever to update the repos

Yeah I noticed this too. Takes like 10mins to fetch 5mb
>>
>>60170597
Meanwhile google play store updates without your permission, silently downloading twice as much data every day.
>>
I bet more than 90% of that is icons.
>>
>>60172047
It's not. Icons aren't downloaded.
>>
>>60170849
Repo update is instant. Then it needs up to a min on my 3y old chinkphone to compare the new database with old.

In short: your phone is slow
>>
>>60172820
How is it so big then, if it's just text

>the Project Gutenberg plaintext (ASCII) copy of the King James Bible (Old and New Testaments) is 4.13MB in size
>>
The repo update used to be practically instant, now it downloads the update and spends a minute twiddling its thumbs while supposedly "processing" a couple of megabytes of data. Maybe I should just downgrade F-Droid.
>>
>>60170631
That is what google does too
Except their list is way bigger
>>
>>60170597
and it takes like 20 minutes to process at times
>>
>>60170631
>download
does it say 'downloading'?
you download a compressed repo, then extracts and processes it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.