[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iphone v Android

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

File: s7vs6s.jpg (37KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
s7vs6s.jpg
37KB, 630x354px
No crying or screaming, just a nice gentle debate please
>>
Fuck Android and fuck you too, OP.
>>
Fuck Apple and fuck you too, OP.
>>
I feel bad for iPhone users who get shit battery life
>>
>>60167122
>>60167122
>>
File: 1479086649337.jpg (72KB, 960x578px) Image search: [Google]
1479086649337.jpg
72KB, 960x578px
>>60166709
NNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGEEEEERRRRRRRRRRSSSSS
>>
>>60166709
Its pretty simple:

If you enjoy the freedom to modify your phone as you see fit, get an android.

If you think your phone is a status symbol that will hopefully get you laid, get an Apple.
>>
>>60167116
>>60166794
Fuck these and fuck you too, OP. Get Windows.
>>
Developing for iPhone is generally much easier. XCode has its problems, but it's less of a resource hog than Android Studio. Their activity manager is simpler and a lot more versatile (e.g. you can drag a button connection to a blank space to have it create a new activity versus Android where you have to create a new activity class and link it all through code for it to function). The device lineup contains only a dozen or so iPhone devices and configurations with the same hardware versus Android having hundreds, if not thousands, of configurations which can make developing an app challenging if you want the greater audience. Swift is so much fucking better than Java, but this might not be an issue any longer if the Android team just officially adopts Kotlin.

I like Android as a consumer, but I prefer iOS as a developer.
>>
>>60167251
I feel bad for Android users having Google spy on them all the time
>>
>>60167399
>Implying Apple doesn't either
>>
>>60167418
He didn't imply that they don't. He just doesn't feel bad for Apple users.
>>
>>60167399
What do they see? Where I am? What my name is? My email address? Why does it matter?
>>
>>60167475
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk
>>
they both suck and want their respective dicks up your ass.
marketing lords, new phones minor hardware updates, paying more shekels, losing all privacy.

iphone : good hardware, more official updates, locked more than andrew, jailbreak is retarded
android : hardware depends on manufacturer you chose, less frequent and slower updates, much more fun to tinker with and generally more open

both suck
>>
>>60166709
Last time I got gifted an iShit you couldnt even change the background picture or look at your files without a jailbreak. Unless your some tech illiterate normalfag I don't see how you could buy one.

With android you have control over your device. But you stop getting updates and have to switch over to lineage within like a year so it's also a kind of shitty OS.
>>
>>60167357
Also that Apple users are generally middle class to upper class with higher disposable income
>>
They both suck.
>>
>>60167418
Apple has no incentive to. They don't sell your data like Jewgle does, their business model is centered on selling hardware. With Apple, you buy the products. With Jewgle, you ARE the product.
>>
>friends add me in group chat
>they all have iphones
>tfw i'm making the messages slow and generally hinder their texting experience
>tfw i'm extremely close to switching to iphone for the sole purpose of iMessage
Convince me otherwise /g/. Peer pressure is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>60166709
now that apple ditched the 3.5mm jack, no chance ill get another iphone. 6s will be my first and last. ill probably keep it around for facetime, but hope tmobile enables wifi calling on the keyone.
>>
I like my iPhone 7+ only because iMessage. When Android phones get something like that I'll switch. My 6P is justing sitting around currently.
>>
>>60166709
1st iPhone is a phone and Android is an operating system.

Android best ios.
iPhone 6s > any android phone.
From touch sensitivity to repairablility, iphone beats anything out there.
>>
>>60168664
We've been had that on samsungs.
Additionally there are many popular texting apps that have all the features of imessage.
That said I do hate having to install 3rd party apps for texting so I get that iMessage is better in that regard.
However, for samsung users read receipts and proper group texting have existed for awhile.
With android 7 it may be in every phone now. I"m not sure.
>>
File: 1403991669751.jpg (74KB, 750x598px) Image search: [Google]
1403991669751.jpg
74KB, 750x598px
>>60166709
Started my smartphone experience off with Android as a NEET, probably used one for 4 years before I had enough disposable cash to buy a iPhone. I heavily dislike certain things. Not having a SD card, have a very sparse and locked down app store. I hate how it tries to sneak updates in, annoying spotlight search widget I can't get rid of.

Camera is nice. Music player is nice. But no sd card means i cant fit my relatively small library of 40gb onto my phone.

And iTunes for Windows fucking blows

Best smartphone experience I had was probably the moto g 2015 which was only like 200 bucks tbqh. Camera was ass though
>>
>>60168714

I've seen some apps that work kinda like iMessage. I used one a couple months ago but it couldn't do MMS, and that was difficult for me. Hoping Allo will.
>>
I can't fucking play emulators or use a goddamn file browser in iOS, which makes it pretty shit for what I want to do.

iTunes syncing is pretty shit too; I don't want to install crapware on my PC just to transfer files. It's 2017 people come on.

However I can understand why someone who views their phone as an appliance would want an iPhone.
>>
would it be better to wait for iphone 8 to upgrade or just get the 7 now?
>>
Just got an iPhone 7 after using Cyanogen/Lineage on a S3 for a long time.

3+ day battery life, 2 days with heavy usage. Messaging, sharing links, calling, camera, bluetooth (bluetooth!), all of it just werks. So much less trouble than I had with Cyanogen.

And if the government is gonna be capable of stealing shit on my phone regardless of OS, at least Apple makes it super clear when app developers are stealing shit from my phone.

I want to like Android, but goddamn, iOS blows it out of the water right now.
>>
>>60167426
kek
>>
>>60168828
>Comparing battery life of iphone 7 to an ancient piece of shit
>Pretending like things not working on a custom rom on your ancient piece of shit is the fault of android
Go away iShill
>>
I was on board the Android train until the GS4 pissed me off enough to switch.

> had to exchange phone 3 times to get one with no broken sensors
> proximity sensor still breaks after a few months
> work in a building with no cell service. every time I walk inside I lose signal and the phone can't reconnect to a cell tower without restarting

I switched to Apple for the 6s+ and it works and looks like the day I bought it. Very happy after almost 2 years with it.

Pros
> build quality is excellent
> great software & app support
> force touch surprisingly not a meme
> all-day battery
> fingerprint sensor works almost too good
> iOS is polished and functional

Cons
> Siri is worse than Google Assistant. wish I could remap it
> can't watch webms in an internet browser
> it's expensive, but $700-800 for a device I use literally every day for 2-4 years is not something I'm concerned about
>>
does clover exist on iphone app store?
>>
>>60168828
True anecdote.

I have a OnePlus One running Cyanogen. The GPS became super flaky soon into ownership and at some point last year the phone started freezing and becoming unresponsive (I suspect something was either hogging the CPU or there was a memory leak or both).

Got an iPhone 7 to replace it. Phone somehow felt slower than the OPO. The iOS notification bar is ass. The fingerprint sensor never wanted to work with me. Standby time was great but once I started sending out messages you could see the battery percentage immediately start dropping.

I don't know if I got defective hardware or what (bought it during the holiday season rush). But I used it for a month or so and I. The end I couldn't cope with it and had to return it.

/anecdote

I will now be answering questions.
>>
>>60169269
This is what kills me the most desu. Nothing as comfy as Clover

Floeeeeeeeens wheres my image md5 filtering?
>>
>>60168802
Just wait. You're halfway through the cycle. And if they fuck up the 8 you get the 7 (for $100 off).
>>
File: 1467568565651.jpg (112KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
1467568565651.jpg
112KB, 800x900px
This is coming from someone who used to own a touchgate 6 plus before it decided to sudoku itself:

iPhones
pros:
I can't think of anything beside imessage but nobody uses that shit anymore.

cons:
Missing a ton of useful features
Overtly expensive for the hardware
Customization consists of changing the wallpaper
Serious overheating/terrible battery problem
All use cancerous IPS displays
When they break due to apple manufacturing defects apple demands hundreds to fix it
Must use lagtunes to access one that barely works half the time
Security is ass, hackers are able to leak "encrypted" data easily and I've personally verified that there are unpatched software and possible hardware backdoors

Android smartphones are basically iPhones without imessage but none of the other serious problems.
>>
>>60169549
>I can't think of anything beside imessage but nobody uses that shit anymore.
what?
>>
>>60169610
imessage has been mostly replace by kik, whatsapp, messenger, and viber.

The few people still on imessage are old people and pre-teens who still don't know how to download apps on the iPhone mommy got for them.
>>
My SE offers me the following, which I've yet to find an Android phone that does the same:

>Stability
>Bug-free
>Less than 5 in
>Slick performance
>Battery Life
>Long-term updates + support

Nobody's been able to recommend me an Android that's not an 8 inch, bloated, buggy, memeware laden phone that will have OS updates discontinued in 1.5 years.
>>
>>60169662
>SE
Stopped reading right there, manlet.
>>
>>60169674
>manlet
lel, 9.5in from pinky to thumb
>>
>>60169741
So you have a deformed hand? Can you even write?
>>
>>60169662
>Less than 5 inches
Confirmed midget with microscopic sized hands.
>>
>>60168185
Can you recommend an alternative
>>
>>60169748
Pretty proportional for 6'2 male.
>>
>>60169269
Nope, all 4chan browser apps are blocked on the Itune store unless you jailbreak.
>>
>>60168421
Why is this relevant?
You paid more for something that does less, great job. I could pay 1000 dollars for my dog's shit and it wouldn't make it great now would it.
>>
File: 1461965850723.jpg (267KB, 876x758px) Image search: [Google]
1461965850723.jpg
267KB, 876x758px
>>60168421
Not even remotely true with all the blacks who can barely hold down minimum wage jobs.
>>
>>60169225
>> force touch surprisingly not a meme
>>60168828
look, I know this is all probably true but this doesn't contribute to the debate when you compare ancient samsung phones to recent flagships. Thats like having an 80's japanese shitbox and then upgrading to a luxury vehicle. It's not an apples to apples comparison.
>>60169400
>reddit
here's your (You) for the dubs.
>>
>>60169549
Look, I agree with you because all I have is a shit iPad that broke from a knee height drop but I'm gonna point out some flaws in your argument
>Serious overheating/terrible battery problem
I never overheated but the battery was an actual problem.
>All use cancerous IPS displays
Apple doesn't trust AMOLED displays not to burn in.
>Missing a ton of useful features
like wot (think of the average idiot that only wants snapchat and other social media)
>Customization consists of changing the wallpaper
Don't forget about moving the widgets around in the spotlight and notification bar :^0
>>
>>60167251
this

>>60167399
>having google apps on your phone
fucking lol
>>
>>60169942
Even the average idiot appreciates things like expandable storage to store their shitty fify rips and being able to install custom icons and launchers.
>>
>>60170069
fair point.
>>
>>60169674
>>60169751
>nobody can recommend a decent android phone
>only memeing about xbox hueg phones and hands

OK, forget small. Is there an Android device that fits the other criteria?
>>
>>60169657
No dude. You clearly are a third worlder
>>
>>60170206
>Stability
>Bug-free
>Slick performance
>Battery Life
>Long-term updates + support
no OS is bug free but you're looking at the Google Pixel.
>>
>>60170250
I suppose so, I'm just a bit turned off that the new one is rumored to be something like $700.
Guess ya gotta pay to win, the SE was only like $250 off eBay. Maybe buying an eBay pixel would be the best choice.

I need to be able to receive calls reliably, which Android has given me grief with in the past.
>>
>>60170294
iktf, if the SE works for you don't change it because some neckbeards are now calling you a caveman.
Google kinda kucked the used market with the only one account bullshit for their free photo cloud.
>>
>>60170322
To be 100% honest, the lack of a decent mumble client is a huge pain in the ass.
My friends and I do almost all of our communication over mumble, and the iOS mumble client has problems with silently disconnecting and crashing.

I'd also like a chan browser and Android Auto, since you can only use Apple Maps + Music with CarPlay. Other than that the SE is great... it's just Apple's PITA App Store.
>>
>>60170349
worst part is that if you want to escape Apple's shit store you need to jailbreak and risk more botnet getting in. P.S. The memes are powerful but try Discord or Google Hangouts
>>
>>60168732
>>60168714
>>60168664
Android comes default with hangouts, it's the same thing
>>
>>60170376
no, you don't get it. Android has no communist message app that centralizes ALL android users into one platform no matter the phone as long as its iOS. This is a selling point for the just werk ecksdee marketing.
>>
>>60170371
>Discord or Google Hangouts
Discord is the closest thing to how we use it, basically like a virtual living room where we just idle and talk to each other.
None of us trust discord though, I prefer to run my own server. Maybe I'll just try my hand and write a better mumble iOS app.

>>60170430
Google recognizes this and now has like 4 different shit messaging platforms, there needs to be just one that works like iMessage and is bundled with the play store.
>>
>>60168607
>be burger
>people still use os proprietary messengers instead or cross platform ones
>lol
>>
>>60170465
>Google recognizes this and now has like 4 different shit messaging platforms, there needs to be just one that works like iMessage and is bundled with the play store.
thats exactly what I meant.
>>60170465
>Discord is the closest thing to how we use it, basically like a virtual living room where we just idle and talk to each other.
i know mate thats exactly how I use mine as well but if y'all don't trust discord then there's nothing left desu. Maybe teamspeak or something?
>>
>>60170498
I don't know if it's sad or what that the deciding use case for my phone is mumble.
>>
>>60170528
top lel but actually its fine anon if it's something you interact with frequently then its worth it to be autistic about it
>>
>>60168728
>walking around with 40gb of music
What the fuck are you doing? Why do you need 40gb of music wherever you are?
Internet is everywhere these days, if you absolutely must have your songs with you anywhere I recommend Onedrive + Groove.
>>
>>60168607
>be yuro
>everybody uses whatsapp so nobody cares about your phone
>>
>>60166709
The only factor now is the manufacturers "planned obsolences" bullshit

latest iPhone = will get slow after 2 years
latest flagship android = will get slow after a year

thats why iPhone wins for me
>>
File: 1474950400816.png (418KB, 623x969px) Image search: [Google]
1474950400816.png
418KB, 623x969px
>>60171431
>Onedrive + Groove
0/10 here's a response
>>
>>60166709
>phone vs OS
>hardware vs software
Go back to plebbit, OP.
>>
>>60170371
>worst part is that if you want to escape Apple's shit store you need to jailbreak
bullshit.
sideloading is possible w/o a dev or enterprise cert since 2015.
>>
File: PRISM-dates-began.jpg (214KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
PRISM-dates-began.jpg
214KB, 700x525px
>>60168551
Cool story bro.
>>
>>60168607
>tfw i'm extremely close to switching to iphone for the sole purpose of iMessage
>Convince me otherwise /g/. Peer pressure is a hell of a drug.
Please tell me this is a new pasta.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.