/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Google Docs Sheets Slides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Why is it still shit after all these years?
>>
But it's actually good senpai
>>
I use it for my business. It's god tier for cooperating with other people on the same documents.

But the rights management of the documents is beyond terrible.
>>
It's great for basic office requirements and if you have kids it's very useful for a school/homework environment.
>>
>>60163576
nextcloud+collabora is a better non botnet option
more functionality, and you control the data
>>
>>60165091
do you have any experience hosting such a setup? I have a small vps and I've heard you need a lot of horsepower for an online office suite.
>>
>>60165222
eh, limited. I was running it off of my NAS though, so local hosting and all, not a VPS. ymmv with that, depending on the service and all, afaik though it's pretty lightweight, and if you allocate like 4gb of storage that would be more than enough for basic office work, hell even 1gb would be fine assuming you're not messing with fuckhuge spreadsheets or presentations
>>
>>60165222
a quick google shows people running nextcloud, which includes the collabora suite on an amazon vps with 1gb ram, i think 1 core, maybe 2. EC2 t2.micro for reference, maybe you'd wanna be above that, im not sure what specs your vps is but if it'll run on that piece you should be fine
>>
>>60164931
Docs is pretty garbage to be honest and you know it's true
>>
>>60165973
I've written 15-page papers for university with docs and found it perfectly alright for that. No professor ever complained about the looks of the documents as well, even though I didn't use MS fonts.

Also my resume was made using a GDocs template, and some employers have told me they invited me because it stood out to them
>>
>>60163576
Because it's made by a bunch of pajeets in the employ of a bunch of fucking Jews. It's literally like the worst possible combination of every race/ethnicity that is bad for this world.
>>
>>60163576
I used to teach, and it was a godsend. All you really need or if word is there, and a bit simplified. It is a little resource-heavy.

>Eliminates bullshit paper cheating from students
>No excuse for imbalanced work within groups
>Nearly retard proof
>Works offline too
>>
>>60164993
Agreed. My college uses it
>>
>>60166311
would you mind share the template?
>>
>>60167508
It does not qualify for FERPA standard so its kinda useless in higher ed
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.