[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To RMA, or not to RMA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 20170501_145016.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170501_145016.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>evga 980ti hybrid
>pump will sometimes go out and card will become unusable for obvious reasons
>intermittent issue

I got the rma process started but will they just test it and if it happens to be working at that moment, just send it back to me? Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll send a 1080 back????

Please advise, wizards
>>
>>60162829
from the thumbnail I almost thought this was another Vega shill thread.
>>
>>60162829
>Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll send a 1080 back????

>being this delusional
More likely they won't be able to replicate your issue and send that shit back to you.
>>
>>60162884
We can hope, can't we? :,)

Well fuk, guess I'll just put up with it and hope it either never happens again or completely stops within 45 days
>>
>>60162829
They'll give you another refurbed one, they don't have time to test intermittent issues. They might give it a quick once over to spot anything obvious but it'll go into a basket to get refurbed and sent out again.

EVGA are pretty good when it comes to RMA's
>>
>>60163016
That's what I'm afraid of. The card is only a year old and the warranty has like 700 days left on it. Hopefully starting the rma process didn't fuck it up. Guess I'll just keep it. Thanks fampai
>>
Go for it. RMA'd my 980 Ti SC and they upgraded me to a 1080 ACX 3.0. My card was completely broken though.
>>
>>60162829
>980ti hybrid

I think these are just bad cards in general. My buddy has one and gets driver kernel crash errors all the time even after wiping and reinstalling the drivers multiple times.
>>
Just try to RMA it: If you're lucky you might get a newer model like a 1080 or something. This is how I upgraded from hd2900 -> hd3870 -> hd4850.
>>
>>60163224
>>60163877

I was taking to someone and they were telling me to short the card or break a pin on a dimm so it won't with at all. It would pain me to do that but hell, if I can get a 1080 out of it....
>>
Maybe try running it 24/7 with 3 instances of maxed out Witcher 3 up to try to kill it faster.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.