[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MP3-Players or similar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: g.png (56KB, 646x492px) Image search: [Google]
g.png
56KB, 646x492px
Hello /g/

I know in this day and age mp3-players are anachronistic at best, but since most of them are pretty small they have that advantage.

The old iPod was able to create new playlists, sort by album, artist etc. and play everything from an artist or an album

I'm looking for a preferably modern device that has similar features and has either large internal storage or an SD-card slot.

Is there such a thing today? I once had a Sansa Fuze(the original one) and put Rockbox on it. That made that thing pretty good already but I looked through pic related and all the devices listed under stable ports aren't sold anymore except for the SanDisk stuff.

There have been threads a while ago about some high end meme mp3-players but I forgot the name.

Also mp3-players in generel thread I guess.
>>
Rockbox is dead and so are decent mp3 players (unless you want one of those bulky audiophile things)
>>
>>60156697
Forget about a modern player, just upgrade the storage in an iPod
>>
lol y not use your iPhone 7
>>
Get a Zune.
>>
File: $_57.jpg (94KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
94KB, 800x800px
How big should it be? I was interested in this kind of device recently so found some cheap chink stuff, but rockbox doesn't support them sadly:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/152340776182
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122374876098

If you find something good that also supports GNU/Linux, I'd be glad if you posted about it later (I badly need one for a project with Raspberry Pi).
>>
>>60156697
Use your old phone for music.
It can be on for a very long time when in flight mode.
>>
File: ClipSportPlus_black_front.png (112KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ClipSportPlus_black_front.png
112KB, 500x500px
Sandisk makes the best mp3 players and they are super cheap, I have a retard amount of music on one that I keep in my car.

So I highly recommed the Sandisk Sport clip +
>>
>>60157533
mah nigga. I love going on eBay and finding what cheap shit I can find from China.

I was looking at that literally the other day, but don't feel the need to spend $20 on something my phone does perfectly well.
>>
>>60157805
>It can be on for a very long time in flight mode
I've tried this and it doesn't actually seem to run for that long, unless I'm expecting too much. Could you possibly help me determine why?
I can only get about 12 hours of shuffle play time on my old phone before it dies, and this is an old S3 that has been customized.
>CM 12.1
>Almost only system apps installed
>Green if you hibernation on everything but my music player
>airplane mode
>>
>>60160123
>Green if you
Greenify *
>>
File: constanza.jpg (4KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
constanza.jpg
4KB, 250x250px
>>60156697
>mp3
Fiio makes good portable music players. Don't forget to update the firmware
>>
File: speakerstaped.jpg (224KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
speakerstaped.jpg
224KB, 500x667px
>>60156697
>Mp3
>not getting all your music in 144 kHz FLAC from paid bitcoin invite-only torrent trackers on the deep web
why do you choose to be pleb
>>
>>60160123
Remove greenify, uninstall all programs that isn't your media player since that's what it's used for only.

Greenify runs all the time since it has to wake up over and over again to big brother the other apps, thus makes it moot.

Battery life on CyanogenMod have mostly been bad every time I look for alternatives that could replace my HTC Sense, yet none was good enough.
Don't forget to make sure you disable WiFi, NFC and other useless features.

Damage is already done since I know you've charged it with the outlet charger, but here goes.
ALWAYS charge from PC or something that charge it slowly.
Fast charging is fine and dandy if you change phone every year or two because that's the expected life for those batteries since they want to stimulate the market by making it run out of juice just so you'll think the new phone will have better battery life.

https://www.quora.com/Does-charging-phone-slowly-affect-battery-life

I've always slow charged my phone and I use my HTC Legend as media player that plays FLAC and I can go 2-3 days with it depending on how often I start the screen during the day.
I also have a HTC One X that I use but it's mostly idle and acts as an egg clock, but that as well survives a week or two between charges.
Disabling and/or uninstalling apps is your best start unless you wanna swap batteries to ones that hasn't been raped by 1Ah+ chargers.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.