[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Used/Second-hand PC Parts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Computer-Parts-Recycling.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Computer-Parts-Recycling.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
Do you guys ever buy them? Where do you buy them from? Have you had good experiences with buying from the second-hand market?
>>
Yes. Modern components are durable enough to outlast people's upgrade cycles. Reddit and eBay are the two best places, but Reddit is better.
>>
File: i5 4670k.png (620KB, 1376x710px) Image search: [Google]
i5 4670k.png
620KB, 1376x710px
>>60153986
Yes
Craigslist
Great
>>
>>60154014
does /r/hardwareswap have enough volume to sustain a fluid second-hand market? (and is /r/hardwareswap what you're referring to)?
>>
>>60153986
Yep. My current secondary system includes a GTX 560 bought for $25 off craigslist, and a mobo+cpu+ram set bought from a /g/ent for $30 + shipping. Works great.
>>
Tell people you will take their old computer shit when they upgrade. You can check the dumpsters at universities, apartment complexes, and businesses for tossed equipment. People should pay you to take their shit 2bh.
>>
>>60153986
RAM, processors, SSDs are often pretty good bet when buying used.
GPUs and power supplies and even hard drives can be sketchy depending how hard of a life they have had.
>>
>>60154022
im just worried that retards are going to scam on craigslist. not too easy to test a gpu when you meet someone in a parking lot.
also
>bristol ct
what's good ct fag
>>
>>60154041
awesome. i need to look into this more for my next round of upgrades. also are there b/s/t threads on here or how'd you get it from the /g/ent
>>
>>60154078
I forget the exact thread, but after I posted the specs of the sorry piece of shit I was using at the time the /g/ent took pity on me and offered to sell his old set.
>>
>>60154032
Absolutely. It's mainly hobbyists, people who upgrade often, people who buy/sell for fun, or people trying to make money on the side. I've built several pcs throughout the years with used parts from there.
>>
I bought an old laptop that I owned 10 years for nostalgia reasons (it was $50 and I had that sitting in my PayPal account anyways). It came with an SD card in it that had pictures of this black family on it and the computer came with a flyer for some church.
>>
>>60154063
I don't think computer parts sees much in the scam department. It's a very nerdy section. Most trades are out of people's houses.
And if a public meeting you can say you have a rather portable desktop and ask if you can meet somewhere with a plug so you can check it out. If they say yes you pretty well know it's good without needing to check.
I have a pretty portable Dell which I use to check out hard drives. I haven't had issue with McDonalds letting me set up in off-hours.
>>
File: Capture.png (34KB, 468x304px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
34KB, 468x304px
things that make you go "hmmmm"
>>
>>60154105
what did he sell you?
>>
>>60154373
MSI H61M-E33 (B3)
Core i3-2100
8GB (2x4GB) Adata XPG DDR3-1600
>>
>>60154646
shit, what were you using before if that was an upgrade?
>>
>>60153986
When I do it's a hand-me-down from a friend that I give them a bit of money for.

That said, last year I had a shitty PC that I still needed working have its onboard video fail, and its only PCI-E port was x1 and no AGP, so I bought a legacy PCI video card for it on eBay. PCI-E x1 video cards apparently exist, but they cost more and I didn't want to spend more than I really had to on this thing. Anyway, I had zero problems with buying on eBay, for what my sample size of one is worth.
>>
>>60154693
Athlon 64 3200+ on an Abit AN-M2HD.

Was horrible. Even with the 560 it couldn't do games as old as GTA San Andreas. Couldn't even do 720p Youtube.
>>
>>60153986
got a z77 mobo, 16gb ddr3, and a 3570k for a grand total of $140 from craigslist a few months ago. feels good, man.
>>
>>60154781
god,the sole processor is worth $20 in my country
>>
>>60154693
That's a Sandy i3. It's better than a LOT of things.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.