[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have FiOS, 50mbps/50mbps >most of the time get full speed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 477778-new-verizon-logo[1].jpg (15KB, 810x456px) Image search: [Google]
477778-new-verizon-logo[1].jpg
15KB, 810x456px
>have FiOS, 50mbps/50mbps
>most of the time get full speed
>download speeds slow to shit in the evenings
>5-10mbps down most evenings
>know that this is "internet rush hour" and the network is congested
>decide to do support chat to report the issue in hopes that they'll add some capacity
>all the usual shit; reboot router etc
>after a few minutes the support agent escalates and gets a network tech.
I don't actually get to chat to the network tech, he just tells the support agent what to say to me
>notice I'm disconnected from the internet
>look into it; notice my router is broadcasting "test" and "test 2" SSIDs, not my SSIDs
This fucker accessed my router remotely and was dicking around with my settings remotely, without my permission
>kinda pissed about how invasive that is, but know its my own fault for using their default router so don't say anything to the support agent
>because he disconnected me, i got disconnected from chat, had to connect again.
>connect to chat again, get same agent, she's cool about it, apologizes etc, but she has to get in touch with another tech, because he moved on
>10 minutes says she can't get ahold of anybody, maybe its a shift change
>im a little annoyed but ok
>says she finally got in queue for a tech, will be 20 min wait
>more annoyed now, but still willing to play ball
>20 min later, new tech
>wants me to factory reset my router
>Don't want to do that, because I know it's not on my end, also would be a huge pain in the ass because I have custom SSIDs, passwords, and a repeater connected, which is a pain in the ass to configure
>tell support agent I can't do it right now, but I'll try it some other time
>disconnect from chat

Fuck. That was about 2 hours wasted. I know they have to do everything to rule out an issue on my end before doing anything on their end, but do you think they have enough information to have determined it really is on their end?
>>
OP here, to clarify the end of my post; I mean wouldn't the network tech see that their network is congested somewhere? Do you think there's any chance they will just fix it without me having to contact them again.

That is, of course, assuming it really is on their end; which I feel pretty confident, because it's always during internet rush hour and only then.
>>
>>60152723
nice blog

>>>/g/sqt
>>
>>60152723
You're surprised? All phone and live-chat support is manned by monkeys that know nothing more than how to follow a script. Their job performance is graded on one thing and one thing only: closing the support tickets they get sent as quickly as possible.

>>60152779
I'm sure the people with actual technical knowledge at Verizon know full well that the network is congested, and when and where that happens. They also know how that could be fixed. Thing is, fixing it would cost money. New wires, new routers, staff time taken away from other things. And so Verizon management has no incentive to do it, unless it starts costing them subscribers. This is as opposed to the support people, who neither know nor care about anything beyond getting you off the line quickly.
>>
File: 1478832208789.jpg (180KB, 573x729px) Image search: [Google]
1478832208789.jpg
180KB, 573x729px
>>60152810
>>
File: 1gbps.webm (2MB, 1022x627px) Image search: [Google]
1gbps.webm
2MB, 1022x627px
must be a local thing, i never notice any slow downs, even during primetime hours.
>>
>>60152723
>You must only have fiber to the node so you're getting dicked when other people are all using the internet.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.