[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IRC, BBS, Usenet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 180px-GET_ON_IRC_FGT_FAGGOT.jpg (8KB, 180x184px) Image search: [Google]
180px-GET_ON_IRC_FGT_FAGGOT.jpg
8KB, 180x184px
Do you have guides for IRC, BBS and usenet? I am making a guide on IRC and wanted to see if anybody has one, maybe other people likes the idea

Here is the guide https://pastebin.com/c90PN0Qz
>>
is usenet still worth it?
>>
>>60147842
I guess you don't know that some guys called "the scene" operate in usenet, releasing the latest warez and shit

but newsfeeds are worth it
>>
>>60147842
imo it is.
Depends on a lot of things though, mainly if there are any good and cheap providers in your country.
I pay $2.50/month for unlimited downloads over HTTPS with pretty good availability/retention, even though I only use it like 3/4 times a month its worth it for me
>>
Anybody who set up lefnode or inn to host their own usenet server?
>>
Wasn't there a /g/ BBS project a while back? I'd like to see that come to fruition.
>>
>>60150291
I am in also bumping with MysticBBS source code http://www.tinysbbs.com/files/prog/MSRC20B3.ZIP
>>
>>60149090
hosting your own usenet server won't make it magically free
>>
i have no love for discord/slack/etc but you're only gonna find loser wannabes on IRC in 2017
>>
>>60151870
just like on 4chan
>>
>>60147343
If you wanna keep that guide around you might want to add a few channels that are worth joining, so people know where to start
>>
>>60151860
If someone mirrors one node of the many, guess what

>>60152154
Good idea, I am also thinking to put some bouncer guide and stuff
>>
>>60150291
you mean gopher.su? it's still up and running
>>
File: 3K_login_screenshot.png (16KB, 635x512px) Image search: [Google]
3K_login_screenshot.png
16KB, 635x512px
This thread needs some MUD
>>
>>60147343
One piece of advice that should definitely be in any beginners' guide to IRC:

LURK! I see people join an IRC channel, say something, and then leave 2 minutes later because they haven't been replied to yet. The speed of IRC conversations can be realtime, but it can also be much slower than that sometimes. You should be willing to leave your IRC program running 24/7 so you can participate in longer-timescale conversations. This is also the best way to guarantee that you get questions answered.
>>
>>60153850
good advice famm
>>
>>60153850
>You should be willing to leave your IRC program running 24/7

aka the reason why everybody uses Discord these days
>>
>>60154417
>he doesn't know about bouncers
>>
>>60154611
Sure, let me go buy a VPS, harden it, install ZNC, set that up, configure my client to connect through it, then sit in a dead channel for three days waiting for some fat neckbeard to respond to my question.

>aka the reason why everybody uses Discord these days
>>
File: ssl_dialog_client.png (72KB, 662x481px) Image search: [Google]
ssl_dialog_client.png
72KB, 662x481px
This is a dumb question, but what am I supposed to put in the hostname section if I want to make a core in quassel?
>>
>>60154620
> He doesn't have at least one small single-board computer running 24/7 at home
>>
>>60154792
my nigga
>>
>>60154661
What is quassel? From that pic looks like you need to put your server IP
>>
>>60154897
Its a service that apparently lets you stay connected to IRC without the need for a bouncer. It is also available for android, which is why I wanted it.
But damn, do you really need your own server for it?
>>
>>60154897
quassel is an irc client. It's kind of limited, but it looks good and gets the job done.
>>
>>60155030
There are some free bouncer servers, not everybody use bouncers to keep previous conversations

Consider this one more reason this is a more private chat than many others
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.