[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dusty PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: dust.jpg (609KB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
dust.jpg
609KB, 2448x1836px
How do you guys dust your PC or when cleaning other people's computers?

I buy cans of compressed air, but they're really expensive. Are the canless air compressors (the ones that are powered) worth the money?
>>
i take the box outside, put a somewhat high powered fan blowing at the inside, and brush everything with a badger hair paintbrush
>>
They're if you do it more than a few times a year.
>>
Don't even think about buying the shitty small compressor

Barely blow anything, and they're loud fire hazards (like AMD)

Just keep buying compressed air in cans, and make sure you use a lot, there's no better alternative and you'd be stupid for not buying a few good cans of Uline air

So pls don't be a dumbass OP, you're already doing the right thing
>>
>>60139357
An intell and a compressed air can shill.

I take it you delid your cpu too
>>
is there any customer refillable compressed air cans?
>>
>>60139392
No, it's loads of liquid CO2. Cheapest bet is buying multi packs of air duster. A compressor will cost you more than that in electricity, as in about 50 bucks a month. Even the small ones.
>>
>>60139316
put in the dish washer
dry it out in the sun
>>
The problem with compressing atmosphere is the moisture. You'll need a line drier if you don't want to be hosing down your electronics.
>>
>>60139448
What a load of crap. Unless you clean your case every day it's not going to cause any problems
>>
>>60139465
Spray water in your computer just once and tell me how it goes
>>
>>60139488
There is not that much water in air retard. I used an large air compressor to clean my old pc every 6 months for almost 7 years, it still works fine.

The only problem with powerful ones is you can damage your fans if you are not careful.
>>
Desktop pc: remove hard disk, take it outside open the case and spray with a hose. Let it dry a couple of days in the sun.
>>
>>60139316

I have to dust computers pretty often. Went from using the cans to a compressor, and the compressor is more expensive initially but a joy to use. The force of the air is even more powerful and it makes it really easy to clean. This is the shit I got:

https://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-ED500P-500-Watt-Electric/dp/B001U899HQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1493540600&sr=8-5&keywords=air+compressor+computer
>>
i just use vacuum cleaner and qtips
>>
Since compressed air is expensive as shit, I use a bellows instead:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00017LSPI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not perfect, but gets the job done.
>>
>>60139772
You could also use one of those cheapo foot pumps you get when you buy inflatable boats, exercise balls and the like.
>>
Steal canned air from work. Have a vacuum cleaner in the vicinity for the expelled dust.

On more the rarer occasional thorough clean, it's taking shrouds and the like off, and wiping the heat sinks and pcb down with a safe cloth.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (137KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
137KB, 600x399px
Free after initial investment
>>
>>60140425
>Hand Bellows
My close friend, this is indeed the superlative decision on medium-velocity, medium-volume air delivery.
>>
>>60139316
The biggest gain will be from keeping your case off the floor. If you don't want a case on your desk or fell for the full tower meme and have a washing machine sized case, your best bet are intake filters. This won't stop build up, but prevent the bulk of it. Clean the filters once a month and you will only have to clean the computer once a year.

Other random nonsense:
- Dust/vacuum your room on a regular basis
- Don't smoke near your computer or it will unintentionally become an ash tray
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.