[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /g/ hate Apple because they're poor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_4645.jpg (23KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4645.jpg
23KB, 626x626px
Does /g/ hate Apple because they're poor?
>>
>>60127903
I'm poor, and I don't hate Apple.
>>
/g/ hates Apple because we actually understand technology
>>
File: 1482512816440.jpg (191KB, 900x644px) Image search: [Google]
1482512816440.jpg
191KB, 900x644px
>>60127903
Sour Grapes
an Aesop Fable

A very hungry fox walked into a vineyard where there was an ample supply of luscious looking grapes. Grapes had never looked so good, and the fox was famished. However, the grapes hung higher than the fox could reach. He jumped and stretched and hopped and reached and jumped some more trying to get those yummy grapes, but to no avail. No matter what he tried, he could not reach the grapes. He wore himself out jumping and jumping to get the grapes.

"Those grapes surely must be sour," he said as he walked away, "I wouldn't eat them if they were served to me on a silver platter."
>>
I hate Apple because I like to play video games.
>>
File: 1493034123427.jpg (33KB, 600x174px) Image search: [Google]
1493034123427.jpg
33KB, 600x174px
I don't hate Apple. I'm just not their target market.

Example, I bought my mother a MacBook pro. Tech illiterates like her are the target market
>>
>>60127903
because I use it at work, and Finder is complete dog shit that constantly freezes up and beachballs. the OS constantly fucks up SMB network connections, because Apple decided to fuck over professionals a few years back and focus on neon haired twinks. in addition to that, they're retarded update policy makes it a royal pain the ass if you update and it breaks something in your daily workflow. worthless
>>
>>60127903
because I use it at work, and Finder is complete dog shit that constantly freezes up and beachballs. the OS constantly fucks up SMB network connections, because Apple decided to fuck over professionals a few years back and focus on neon haired twinks. in addition to that, their retarded update policy makes it a royal pain the ass if you update and it breaks something in your daily workflow. as a result, I'm currently using a cracked version of Compressor. worthless
>>
>>60127938
>video games
You have to be 18 years old to post on this website
>>
>>60127991
The average video game player is 30 years old, m8.
>>
>>60128110
a manchild NEET isn't what I'd call "average"

Gaming is for children, end of. It's like adult men watching My Little Pony.
>>
>>60127957
Yeah, I agree with you.
>>
>>60127903
Poor people are the only ones actually buying Apple.
>>
>>60127903
theres a difference between something being expensive or overpriced.

expensive is fine if its worth it.
overpriced is just trying to trick people.

Apple is the later.
>>
File: Cplk9SDVIAAaeGb[1].jpg (82KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Cplk9SDVIAAaeGb[1].jpg
82KB, 1200x675px
>>60127903
I didn't care about Apple until they killed my phone with planned obsolescence. It fucking pisses me off so much.
>>
>>60127915
Haha great meme pajeet my son!!! XD
>>
>>60127903
>Tons of linux faggots and cheap laptop faggots on /g/
>Asking whether or not /g/ hates Apple because they're poor

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

/g/ is quite literally the biggest den of poorfag neckbeards alive. I only come here due to being bored when programming.
>>
>>60127903
>Wasting money.
What are you? An idiot.
>>
>>60127903
/g/ likes to tinker with technology. Apple products aren't designed for people who like to tinker.
>>
>>60127903
I hate Apple because they're one of the biggest proponents of the paternalistic daddy-knows-best model. You have a walled garden of Apple-approved software, and that's what you get, no going outside of it. When they decide that USB ports or headphone jacks don't fit their aesthetic sense, they're gone. Everything they make is glued shut or sealed with nonstandard screws, so that only they can get in. They do the same thing that Google and Microsoft do, build an "ecosystem" and then lock you into it.

Also jesus christ is the flat, minimalist design ugly.
>>
>>60127903
/g/ hates apple for 2 reasons.
1) the good reason: there's a small and annoying vocal segment of the mac user base that is insufferable cunts. windows and linux have equally insufferable cunts, too, and they make up the majority of /g/.
2) the stupid reason: fa/g/s don't understand why someone would pay extra just to avoid having to dick around with their computer.
>>
File: Tommy Lee Jones.jpg (45KB, 814x500px) Image search: [Google]
Tommy Lee Jones.jpg
45KB, 814x500px
>r u 2 poor 4 applel xD
I could get an iPhone for $0 on contract if I wanted one. I don't want one. I had one, and upgraded to a Nexus.
>>
>>60130204
>fa/g/s don't understand why someone would pay extra just to avoid having to dick around with their computer.
It's fine to make products that you don't have to dick around with. It's not fine to make products that you can't dick around with.
>>
>>60130246
>It's not fine to make products that you can't dick around with.
You can dick around with OSX. it's still *nix.
>>
File: 1395274050368.jpg (84KB, 755x756px) Image search: [Google]
1395274050368.jpg
84KB, 755x756px
>>60130275
>>
>>60130315
>derp not being able to make everything black makes it a prison
>>
>>60130388
If Apple wasn't running a prison there'd be an officially-supported iPhone jailbreak. You'd be able to replace a battery with a standard screwdriver and ten minutes. Apple wouldn't stand in the way of your installing programs that they don't want in their app store.
>>
Why would I pay 2 grand for a machine that's going to be obsolete in two years when I can buy a $150 chinkpad?
>>
>>60128122
>gaming is for children
k
>>
>>60129190
/thread
>>
File: mac_fags_will_defend_this.png (1MB, 1688x1238px) Image search: [Google]
mac_fags_will_defend_this.png
1MB, 1688x1238px
>>
>>60127957
OSX isn't the only solution though, ever since my mother started using ubuntu she has only sang praises about it
>>
>>60127903
I hate Apple because they stifle innovation. They made a functional device into a status symbol and instead of adding features they removed them.

They also charge too much for what they offer.
>>
>>60130086
>I'm not like other guys mlady
>I use an iPhone because the phone man said it was the best phone

duck of you cuck
>>
I'm just not too stupid to be afraid of Linux and use objectively better package management.
>>
>>60130275
Show me how to have a root in the macOS terminal.
>>
Apple isn't poor, you silly person. It's one of the wealthiest corporations in the world.
>>
>>60128122
sure thing grandpa
>>
>>60128122
Oh, yes, because adults instead play shitty mobile games.
>>
>>60127903
>buy things more expensive than apple products
>durr you just hate apple because you are poor
The thought process of simple minds.
>>
>>60130388
If there is no prison, why is there a need for a jailbreak?
>>
>>60127957
Should have bought her a Chromebook.
>>
>>60127903
I own a Macbook pro and won't be buying anymore till they cut the gimmicks and make business class computers again
>>
I don't think Apple is poor, you illiterate piece of shit.
>>
>>60127903
Until some questional decisions lately, I have always regarded apple products as good. I moved away from them because i hate their environment though, and fuck iTunes.
>>
>>60134062
Show him some pity. Like most iToddlers he has low IQ. He can't help it.

Apple should be punished for preying on low IQ users like this though.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.