[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So do you have to be good at math to be a programmer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

So do you have to be good at math to be a programmer?
>>
Obvious bait. Don't respond, sage and move on.
>>
>>60127513
Why did you reply?
>>
>>60127490
Not really, unless you need to do something that actually requires the application of mathematics, like graphics and a large portion of real world applications
>>
>>60127627
Literally anything relies on maths in my experience unless you're making indie gaymes.
>>
>>60127490
You have to be good at math to be good at life.
>>
>>60127490
No, but you can't be a great programmer if you aren't at least somewhat good with math.

I think good has to be defined, being "good at math" doesn't mean being a genius savant it just means you at least have the requisite knowledge to study that math problems are solvable for you. A lot of business and web applications don't really require any real math, any math you will do for most problems is already defined and implementing them in actual code is the hard part.
>>
>>60127490
Programming has everything to do with math, functions are introduced immediately and that plays a big roll in mathematics.
>>
>>60127685
Are you good at coding yourself?
>>
It's like blacks being good at running. The melanin itself doesn't improve their speed compared to whitey, but the top runners are all black.
>>
>>60127490
Code monkey? No

or computer scientist? Yes, but not school math
>>
>>60127685

In most programming languages, functions don't entirely behave like mathematical functions. They don't have to return a value, and they don't have to produce the same result when you call them with the same input, because they can mutate global state. The functions we use on a regular basis are more rightfully called procedures.
>>
>>60127490
why do people have so much trouble with symbolic reasoning?
>>
>>60127490
>It's cool to not understand algebra XD
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.